FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Diva strop on the horizon

Diva strop on the horizon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ink Panther. OP   Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Those word on a message that you know spell trouble ‘you guys carry on, I’ll just get there when I can’ You just know what they actually mean is ‘I can’t believe you won’t delay things until I can get there because it’s all about me’

Do you know folk who do this type of thing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes.

I tend to avoid this kind of thing. Is it passive aggressive?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes it just means that with no other agenda.

I'd delay until my other friend could get there because I'd realise they weren't happy with the situation.

I've also been the one to say "carry on without me" but I never bothered turning up if they wouldn't wait.

Preston

"Yes.

I tend to avoid this kind of thing. Is it passive aggressive?"

Hmmmm in her case no she just likes a fuss

Preston

"Sometimes it just means that with no other agenda. "

Yes it does when I use it

Someone I know is always at least 30 mins late for anything we arrange. I find that rude.

Preston

"I'd delay until my other friend could get there because I'd realise they weren't happy with the situation.

I've also been the one to say "carry on without me" but I never bothered turning up if they wouldn't wait. "

This is slightly different this is someone’s birthday celebration and a welcome home for another friend. It’s been organised for weeks and 9 of us have made space and been flexible, this is the result of bad planning. My friend that’s travelled a loooooong way has a young baby so working around her was the agreement.

Under normal circumstances we can ‘wait’ and it’s usually for her. I actually think it’s just rude and selfish to expect everyone to change everything at the 11th hour. Yes I know shit happens and of course you pull together when it does but this is just a diva strop

"I'd delay until my other friend could get there because I'd realise they weren't happy with the situation.

I've also been the one to say "carry on without me" but I never bothered turning up if they wouldn't wait.

This is slightly different this is someone’s birthday celebration and a welcome home for another friend. It’s been organised for weeks and 9 of us have made space and been flexible, this is the result of bad planning. My friend that’s travelled a loooooong way has a young baby so working around her was the agreement.

Under normal circumstances we can ‘wait’ and it’s usually for her. I actually think it’s just rude and selfish to expect everyone to change everything at the 11th hour. Yes I know shit happens and of course you pull together when it does but this is just a diva strop "

Ah then that's different, it does sound like a diva strop. Or just bloody rude and inconsiderate.

I would just ignore the strop and say "cool we'll carry on, that's really kind of you. See you when you get here."

Preston

"Someone I know is always at least 30 mins late for anything we arrange. I find that rude. "

Oh I have a friend that used to do that, I told her 30 mins earlier one time. I got a phone call ‘where are you?’

Preston

Under normal circumstances we can ‘wait’ and it’s usually for her. I actually think it’s just rude and selfish to expect everyone to change everything at the 11th hour. Yes I know shit happens and of course you pull together when it does but this is just a diva strop

Ah then that's different, it does sound like a diva strop. Or just bloody rude and inconsiderate.

I would just ignore the strop and say "cool we'll carry on, that's really kind of you. See you when you get here." "

Ooops I better get moving before I’m late

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Someone I know is always at least 30 mins late for anything we arrange. I find that rude. "

They are not late. If they repeatedly arrive half an hour after the start time, they INTEND to arrive at that time.

It's HUGELY fucking arrogant and inconsiderate.

Preston

"Someone I know is always at least 30 mins late for anything we arrange. I find that rude.

They are not late. If they repeatedly arrive half an hour after the start time, they INTEND to arrive at that time.

It's HUGELY fucking arrogant and inconsiderate. "

Do you fancy coming on our next night out?

» Add a new message to this topic