FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tattoos

Tattoos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.A.MGUY55 OP   Man  over a year ago

Rochdale

I so want more tattoos an so does Sal but can't find a independent tattooist who works from home

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can I ask why you wouldn’t go with a studio with a good reputation?

"I so want more tattoos an so does Sal but can't find a independent tattooist who works from home "

Professional tattooist ain't aloud to tattoo at home

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Why on earth would you want one that works from home?

Tattooists have by law to work in a licenced premises. That premises will be inspected for Health and Hygeine... unless they have a studio set up at home and the required legal documentation Id steer well clear.

Way too many Scratchers out there mutilating people permanantly in their own homes.

My advice would be to find a reputable high street studio, visit, check there work, ask to see finished work and customer reviews, a good artist will be happy to spend time discussing what you want and placement.

Good artists will have appointments and you may need to book and wait. If you can simply walk in and getwhat you want immediately ask yourself why they are not busy?

Good luck

" Why on earth would you want one that works from home?

Tattooists have by law to work in a licenced premises. That premises will be inspected for Health and Hygeine... unless they have a studio set up at home and the required legal documentation Id steer well clear.

Way too many Scratchers out there mutilating people permanantly in their own homes.

My advice would be to find a reputable high street studio, visit, check there work, ask to see finished work and customer reviews, a good artist will be happy to spend time discussing what you want and placement.

Good artists will have appointments and you may need to book and wait. If you can simply walk in and getwhat you want immediately ask yourself why they are not busy?

Good luck"

Rochdale

The wait ones around Kent are booked up for ages an cost

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The wait ones around Kent are booked up for ages an cost "

Remember that in the majority of cases you get what you pay for. This is very much the case for tattoos.

I good tattoo artist will have a waiting list. Why risk it with someone dodgy because you can't be bothered to wait?

Nita

Slough Windsor ish

Book and save up.

Scratchers can leave you with far worse than a naff tattoo, the risk of infection and disease to go with a poor piece of art that has to stay with you forever.

If you cant wait or afford it dont do it.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The wait ones around Kent are booked up for ages an cost

Book and save up.

Scratchers can leave you with far worse than a naff tattoo, the risk of infection and disease to go with a poor piece of art that has to stay with you forever.

If you cant wait or afford it dont do it."

and they cost because they have to pay for licences, correct equipment, premises etc..and if something does go wrong, your rights would be protected...why would anyone chose to go to someone who has none of that? completely stupid thing to do!

By *edonistic Bi.Man  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

Pretty much what everyone else said.

If you have to wait for a tattoo. It means the artist is in demand and that's normally a good sign.

By *wansfeetCouple  over a year ago

Guisborough

Honestly, you get what you pay for. I'd never trust my precious skin to a home tattooist. Go somewhere reputable, book in advance and save up

Mrs S x

There a reason why they’re booked up and cost...because they are artists not back house scratches.

Honestly you pay peanuts you get monkeys really!

I travel a hour for my tatooist as she's the only one I trust. I'm planning a leg one and will go to her again. Excellent art work and I healed brilliantly. I had a dodgy tattoo that she covered. She's not cheap but this is something that's for life so it's worth waiting for

Don't listen to these guys, everybody knows that the best tattooists are the ones who work for cheap from home with no waiting lists

Slough Windsor ish

"Don't listen to these guys, everybody knows that the best tattooists are the ones who work for cheap from home with no waiting lists "

I got my first tattoo from Mike at Wild Cherry in Tonbridge. They don't have much of a wait, but were still pretty good!

You're best waiting. And nowadays you can bank transfer the deposit and pay a little in advance of your booking. That way when it's tattoo time it's not a massive amount at one time.

Rochdale

My last tattooist was off here I trusted him an he worked from home never had any fault with any tattoos but got the bug for having more done

Slough Windsor ish

"My last tattooist was off here I trusted him an he worked from home never had any fault with any tattoos but got the bug for having more done"

Its you skin and your life. The advice offered is there if you want it.

Good luck.

» Add a new message to this topic