FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Spray tans..

Spray tans..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, I want to get a spray tan for the wedding as I won’t go near a sun bed or doing it myself (having never done it I don’t want the first time to be on an really important day lol).

I want to get it done the Monday before the wedding and we get married on the Thursday, will it still be ok then? Someone said it will have faded by then. I don’t want to look like an oompah loompa, just a glow.

Thanks in advance for the advice x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Bookmarking to follow as thinking of getting one before holiday

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That’s an ideal time. Ask the salon for recommendations on the colour. And ask if any local friends have recommendations for ones they use x

Just exfoliate loads on the run up and moisturise well for a few weeks before that way the tan won't be flaky by your wedding day. Get a body brush and get ads to give you a good scrub a few times a week

Everyones skin us different and the amount of different brands are different. If ur sallow skinned naturally you might only need a light spray tan to enhance ur colour. My advice get one done as a trial just like u do with ur makeup. Make sure u exfoliate well the night before. Check out local places on f book and see what reviews are like. Hth

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Two women at work got married at work so I've heard lots about this

The short version of a long story was that 2 days was perfect but there were lots of different types of tans and some can mark the wedding dress if done to close to the wedding day

Trial run has to be the answer ?

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Can't you do a trial run just to be sure?

"Just exfoliate loads on the run up and moisturise well for a few weeks before that way the tan won't be flaky by your wedding day. Get a body brush and get ads to give you a good scrub a few times a week "

But late it’s a week tomorrow lol

I recommend Australian Gold as they can put the darkening drops in and it doesn't crack when it fades and so much more natural. Please god get a trial tan if it's for your wedding and watch your hands as they can show up darker if you are getting close up photos of your wedding rings. If I was getting married on the Thurs I would get it done on the Wed so it's at it's darkest. If you get it done too soon before your hands can fade with washings etc and if you don't moisturise it can crack x

Pahaha! Thanks for the advice but no time for a trial, it’s next week! I think I’ll give it a miss lol.

Geeky x

I decided to get a spray tan for my wedding day and had a trial with it the month before and sadly i reacted to the tan, not bad but bad enough to not have it for my wedding.....i realise you're getting married next week and all i can suggest is chat to the salon, they know their products and how it reacts.

Congratulations and i hope you have a fantastic day it flies by and all i can say is enjoy and don't stress

By *arkRichMan  over a year ago

Manchester City Centre

I’ve had spray tans before, and it’s all about how you look after it...

Exfoliating on the run up is essential, and moisturising... especially if your skin isn’t perfect... then after the spray... make sure you pat yourself dry after showers, and don’t rub it off...

Mine usually lasted 10 days (ish) but started to fade on the hands and feet, knees and elbows first, after a couple of days...

ALTERNATIVELY METHOD

If you tan well, like I do, go on the sunbeds, and use a ‘tan accelerator cream’

Obviously be careful of damaged skin, moles, etc.

I used the most expensive and highest rated creams in the shop, and I went darker within hours...

The creams usually have bronzer in and ingredients that amplify the light, so you tan quicker... but they also protect your skin a prolong the tan...

Go a few times if you can

Obviously not everyone likes the sunbed option, so it is completely up to you...

» Add a new message to this topic