FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sympathy

Sympathy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornylittlesub OP   Woman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

Is a sympathy message a good or bad idea. I see some guys that post on the forum threads and do feel genuinely sorry for them....and want to send a message and maybe have a chat. But i don't want to come across as condescending or some kind of "white princess". So, good or bad idea?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Sounds like a nice thing to do. However could be wrongly construed or prone to giving them false hope or an angle at trying to meet you.

I quite fancied sending a message to someone on here who appears to be having a really rubbish time recently but didn’t want to come across as condescending.

By *ornylittlesub OP   Woman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

"Sounds like a nice thing to do. However could be wrongly construed or prone to giving them false hope or an angle at trying to meet you.

I quite fancied sending a message to someone on here who appears to be having a really rubbish time recently but didn’t want to come across as condescending. "

Yea that's what i am worried about....don't want to give false hope, but like you it was someone who genuinely seemed like they needed a lift/friend on here.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'd say you need to remember where you are before you act. Having said that compassion is in short supply and you could explain that you're not looking to meet.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bad idea. People need to be respected Yes, but also to learn how to stand on their own two feet and be self respecting.

I hate to say it, but I'd hazard a guess you'd be drained of energy after a while.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

" Bad idea. People need to be respected Yes, but also to learn how to stand on their own two feet and be self respecting.

I hate to say it, but I'd hazard a guess you'd be drained of energy after a while. "

I would agree with this, you might be opening a bag of worms you wish you could close after a while. People on here get the wrong ideas when you try to be friendly, believe me 8’ve has experience of it myself.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

" Bad idea. People need to be respected Yes, but also to learn how to stand on their own two feet and be self respecting.

I hate to say it, but I'd hazard a guess you'd be drained of energy after a while.

I would agree with this, you might be opening a bag of worms you wish you could close after a while. People on here get the wrong ideas when you try to be friendly, believe me 8’ve has experience of it myself."

#sorryaboutthetypo’sthephonelikestobeincharge

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

There are far too many 'poor me' posts designed to elicit sympathy and get a 'pity fuck'

Life ain't fair. People need to put their big boy knickers on and get on with it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hate to say it, but I'd hazard a guess you'd be drained of energy after a while. "

Absolutely, the net is crawling with emotional vampires looking for fresh prey.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If someone has posted in the forum its probably best to respond in the forum. However if you choose to message privately and it turns out to be the wrong decision it's easy enough to block.

Here and in real life I assess beforehand how much time and energy I can realistically spend on and with someone who has a problem. It sounds harsh but its realistic.

As a family we were recently in a position where we needed help and support. The number of people who claimed they would help then didn't was staggering.

So I would say message if you're prepared to be involved. Otherwise don't.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

"There are far too many 'poor me' posts designed to elicit sympathy and get a 'pity fuck'

Life ain't fair. People need to put their big boy knickers on and get on with it."

Agree. Some people think this site is instashag and expect to meet straight away and then it woa its me.

By *ohnnybadman666Man  over a year ago

Warrington

"Is a sympathy message a good or bad idea. I see some guys that post on the forum threads and do feel genuinely sorry for them....and want to send a message and maybe have a chat. But i don't want to come across as condescending or some kind of "white princess". So, good or bad idea? "

Perhaps see it more as "empathy" rather than "sympathy"... if your heart is in the right place then it won't come across as condescending and if it is taken as such then it is the other person who has misjudged your warm words. Go for it.

ps. i am having a terrible year boo hoo

» Add a new message to this topic