FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ant McPartlin

Ant McPartlin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otSoNewWalesCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Wales

Arrested after being involved in a 3 car crash in which a 3 year old girl was taken to hospital and failing a breath test.

Not cool mate. Not cool.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Link?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Link? "

Www.google.co.uk

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Have you blocked him too

There's something I find particularly distasteful about the apparent vicarious pleasure some people take in the misfortunes if others.

Perhaps our concern should be more for an injured child and her hopefully speedy recovery...

South Wales

"Have you blocked him too "

Probably. He's not what you'd call gym fit.

www.metro.co.uk/2018/03/18/ant-mcpartlin-arrested-suspicion-drink-driving-involved-three-car-smash-7397581

By *utie91Woman  over a year ago

Hitchin

"Have you blocked him too

There's something I find particularly distasteful about the apparent vicarious pleasure some people take in the misfortunes if others.

Perhaps our concern should be more for an injured child and her hopefully speedy recovery..."

Child went for a “check over”

Probably means the child is fine... other wise they would have said either minor injury’s or serious injuries.

Not that it excuses the drink driving. But just to reassure about the child.

But yes he should receive the same punishment for drink driving as everybody else

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

He was in a car with his mother, and he failed a breath test.

At the moment I believe nothing says that the crash was his fault. Some people can still be over the limit the next day.

He hasn't been arrested for drink driving, he's been released. It is possible that once he got tested propery at the police station he was not over the blood limit. Let's just wait and see.

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

"He was in a car with his mother, and he failed a breath test.

At the moment I believe nothing says that the crash was his fault. Some people can still be over the limit the next day.

He hasn't been arrested for drink driving, he's been released. It is possible that once he got tested propery at the police station he was not over the blood limit. Let's just wait and see. "

Lets not facts get in the way of a good story

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Remember how atrocious the weather was yesterday, and also that Ant is battling mental issues at the moment.

He has been released under investigation and not charged with anything, so it would be kind to not speculate until we have the full story.

My thoughts are with him and his family and of course the other people involved.

"Remember how atrocious the weather was yesterday, and also that Ant is battling mental issues at the moment.

He has been released under investigation and not charged with anything, so it would be kind to not speculate until we have the full story.

My thoughts are with him and his family and of course the other people involved."

Ooooo I hope he's ok for the new season of Britain's got talent!

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

I hope not and save us all from crap and heart breaking pathetic stories ....just to get on tv

Feel sorry for ant his world seems to be crashing hope he gets it all sorted soon!

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

all that money why does he not hire a full time driver to drive him about

Well next week take away is going interesting

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Feel sorry for ant his world seems to be crashing hope he gets it all sorted soon! "

Soon to be ex wife entitled to half of his £64M fortune, the lucky girl, she is the winner in all this

"Feel sorry for ant his world seems to be crashing hope he gets it all sorted soon!

Soon to be ex wife entitled to half of his £64M fortune, the lucky girl, she is the winner in all this "

She deserves it, she's worked ooh so hard on the ironing

I still remember the way Dec slagged him rotten at the start of I’m A Celeb cause he had been in rehab all summer

He said So Ant I’ve not seen u all summer what u been up to and the Aussie crew pissed themselves laughing

Leeds

"I still remember the way Dec slagged him rotten at the start of I’m A Celeb cause he had been in rehab all summer

He said So Ant I’ve not seen u all summer what u been up to and the Aussie crew pissed themselves laughing "

I remember that! How I laughed!

What a waste of money on rehab if he is now getting investigated for drink driving! What was it £500K a week in that clinic! I can see Ant going deeper and deeper into those mental issues

"Arrested after being involved in a 3 car crash in which a 3 year old girl was taken to hospital and failing a breath test.

Not cool mate. Not cool."

That's what happens when d*unk 3 year olds get behind a wheel!

evesham

"I still remember the way Dec slagged him rotten at the start of I’m A Celeb cause he had been in rehab all summer

He said So Ant I’ve not seen u all summer what u been up to and the Aussie crew pissed themselves laughing

What a waste of money on rehab if he is now getting investigated for drink driving! What was it £500K a week in that clinic! I can see Ant going deeper and deeper into those mental issues "

If it dealt with his addiction at the time, namely prescription pain killers, then how was it a esdye of money?

Just because drink was suspected in this case doesn't mean he has a drink problem.

evesham

"all that money why does he not hire a full time driver to drive him about "

Because of he did people would call him a sell out, lazy arse, too big for his own boots, pretenscious celeb who thinks he is too good drive for himself.

Poor fucker can't win

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Arrested after being involved in a 3 car crash in which a 3 year old girl was taken to hospital and failing a breath test.

Not cool mate. Not cool.

That's what happens when d*unk 3 year olds get behind a wheel!"

Sorry,but

"Remember how atrocious the weather was yesterday, and also that Ant is battling mental issues at the moment.

My thoughts are with him and his family and of course the other people involved."

It's hard enough being a 'normal' person with mental health issues. Must be an absolute nightmare being a celeb and having to deal with it.

My thoughts are with him and his family and of course the other people involved.

It's hard enough being a 'normal' person with mental health issues. Must be an absolute nightmare being a celeb and having to deal with it. "

Absolutely this.

Mhi or not, we can all relate to a certain extent but the majority of us don't break the law or put others in hospital...

'Sorry hoccifer, I was depressed and it was snowing' sounds ridiculous.

He had a minor crash which caused a few scrapes to the cars involved at 4pm. The three year old was taken to hospital as a precaution which suggests she had no visible injuries. All drivers involved in collision are breath tested at scene, he failed his and was arrested. The roadside breath test is only an indicator and just means he had alcohol in his system which the device seems over the prescribed limit. The mac_ine in custody gives the actual alcohol content. The limit is 35 in 100ml of breath but you only get charged at 40 to allow for inaccuracies. If he failed the test in custody he would have been charged and given a date to attend court, if he passed it then he’s free to go immediately and that’s the end of that. He also has the option of going to blood or urine in which case he’ll be released until thecresults come back in 4-6 weeks. Being arrested means nothing, it’s what happens after that matters.

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

Leeds

What a waste of money on rehab if he is now getting investigated for drink driving! What was it £500K a week in that clinic! I can see Ant going deeper and deeper into those mental issues

If it dealt with his addiction at the time, namely prescription pain killers, then how was it a esdye of money?

Just because drink was suspected in this case doesn't mean he has a drink problem. "

Tell that to someone who has lost a loved one by the actions of a driver with alcohol in his/her system, it’s heart breaking! The guy is a nutter knowing he is driving and still has alcohol in his system even the day after! We are not talking one small glass of wine here! I bet Dec is so embarrassed, his career is on the line too!

Just because drink was suspected in this case doesn't mean he has a drink problem.

Tell that to someone who has lost a loved one by the actions of a driver with alcohol in his/her system, it’s heart breaking! The guy is a nutter knowing he is driving and still has alcohol in his system even the day after! We are not talking one small glass of wine here! I bet Dec is so embarrassed, his career is on the line too! "

Nobody is condoning drink driving but it’s yet to be shown if he was over the limit. Nobody died, or even injured so going on about people losing loved ones to drink drivers is irrelevant in this case.

Honestly thing his addiction problems have came through over-working himself when he ended up addcited to painkillers. Whatever demons he may be struggling with, theres no excuse for getting behind a wheel whilst not sober, at all. Best thing for him now is a year out of the spotlight & some serious help.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Who is he?

Gazza has just turned up with a dressing gown, fishing rod and some chicken

Puts Dec out of work too

"Puts Dec out of work too "

every cloud...

"Puts Dec out of work too

every cloud..."

They're not my cup of tea but I hope he gets some help and is able to move forward.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Puts Dec out of work too "

It does and will be a big test of their relationship.

Tell that to someone who has lost a loved one by the actions of a driver with alcohol in his/her system, it’s heart breaking! The guy is a nutter knowing he is driving and still has alcohol in his system even the day after! We are not talking one small glass of wine here! I bet Dec is so embarrassed, his career is on the line too!

Nobody is condoning drink driving but it’s yet to be shown if he was over the limit. Nobody died, or even injured so going on about people losing loved ones to drink drivers is irrelevant in this case."

No it's not he's lucky it wasn't serious. Just because no one got hurt doesn't mean those who've lost someone can't reflect about some d*unk twat willingly getting behind a wheel choosing to take that risk

"Gazza has just turned up with a dressing gown, fishing rod and some chicken"

I shouldn’t laugh but i did

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

Yes it doesn’t sound serious if he’s been released, maybe he was ok after he’d been on the intoximeter at the police station.

The fact though remains he was over the limit when he was breathalysed at the roadside, by how much we don’t really know, but what’s important here is there was alcohol in his system. Do we or you guys know how much alcohol we can drink before putting one over the limit? There are many different factors that can affect the result & strongly believe we should adopt the continental system of “no drink no drive” that way there’s no confusion!

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

Just shows money does not buy happiness

Just look at the great comedy duo's of history and who have lived with mental health, depression or addiction and they are still comfy legends. It's so hard watching. Some one fall from grace x

That should say comedy duo's lol x

Nobody is condoning drink driving but it’s yet to be shown if he was over the limit. Nobody died, or even injured so going on about people losing loved ones to drink drivers is irrelevant in this case.

No it's not he's lucky it wasn't serious. Just because no one got hurt doesn't mean those who've lost someone can't reflect about some d*unk twat willingly getting behind a wheel choosing to take that risk "

You’re making assumptions that he was d*unk, failing a roadside breath test doesn’t mean you’re s d*unk twat. Many people blow on the mac_ine in custody and are way under the limit. It might turn out he was over the limit but I like to deal in facts rather than assumptions based on opinion.

evesham

Tell that to someone who has lost a loved one by the actions of a driver with alcohol in his/her system, it’s heart breaking! The guy is a nutter knowing he is driving and still has alcohol in his system even the day after! We are not talking one small glass of wine here! I bet Dec is so embarrassed, his career is on the line too! "

Tell what to someone who has lost a loved one? That I don't want to jump to conclusions that Ant wasted his money on rehab and has a drink problem?

How does looking at a situation on the few facts we have mean I don't understand the heart ache of losing a loved one in any circumstance, not specifically d*unk driving.

evesham

"Who is he?"

There's alway one

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Link?

Www.google.co.uk

Helpful

I posted a link once to a genuine non porn site and got a fucking 24 hr ban!! "

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

It lets you know which links are allowed in the forum rules

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

No it's not he's lucky it wasn't serious. Just because no one got hurt doesn't mean those who've lost someone can't reflect about some d*unk twat willingly getting behind a wheel choosing to take that risk

You’re making assumptions that he was d*unk, failing a roadside breath test doesn’t mean you’re s d*unk twat. Many people blow on the mac_ine in custody and are way under the limit. It might turn out he was over the limit but I like to deal in facts rather than assumptions based on opinion."

Trouble is his car veered onto the wrong side of the road and in the BBC footage I saw I thought he looked a bit the worse for wear getting out, but it was in slow motion.

You’re making assumptions that he was d*unk, failing a roadside breath test doesn’t mean you’re s d*unk twat. Many people blow on the mac_ine in custody and are way under the limit. It might turn out he was over the limit but I like to deal in facts rather than assumptions based on opinion.

Trouble is his car veered onto the wrong side of the road and in the BBC footage I saw I thought he looked a bit the worse for wear getting out, but it was in slow motion."

Maybe he was, he might have been shit faced but I just think people should wait and see before they throw him to the wolves. If it turns out he was under the limit will these people start a thread apologising for being wrong? Think not.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/18/ant-mcpartlin-arrested-suspicion-drink-driving/

He’s announced he’s stepping down from tv Work for the foreseeable future and going back into rehab.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Trouble is his car veered onto the wrong side of the road and in the BBC footage I saw I thought he looked a bit the worse for wear getting out, but it was in slow motion.

Maybe he was, he might have been shit faced but I just think people should wait and see before they throw him to the wolves. If it turns out he was under the limit will these people start a thread apologising for being wrong? Think not. "

Oh I don't think anyone should be thrown to the wolves, he's had a bad time personally, if he was driving d*unk, he needs help is all.

By *eviantdeliteWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Happens every day throughout the U.K.....but because he is well known he gets given a harder time....

He said So Ant I’ve not seen u all summer what u been up to and the Aussie crew pissed themselves laughing "

It was scripted....like all of their banter

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

Maybe he was, he might have been shit faced but I just think people should wait and see before they throw him to the wolves. If it turns out he was under the limit will these people start a thread apologising for being wrong? Think not. "

Don’t think whether he was under the limit or not is the problem, isn’t the problem the fact he chose to drive knowing he’d been drinking at all. Does anybody know their limit. We know someone who blew over after one glass of wine, but at the other end knew someone who’d been out on the lash all day & crashed his car who blew under!

Onestepoutofthedoor

He's stepping down from his tv work.

By *mojeeCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I can't believe the level of sympathy for him. He was over the limit and crashed a car. Of it was any other member of the public he'd be called all the names under the sun but because he's a lovable TV celeb (allegedly) people are happy to make excuses for him. Should have the book thrown at him imho. Who cares if he is on TV he's commited a serious crime. I felt sorry for anyone even slightly injured and the ones promised a free holiday on their show and they probs won't get that now.

The affected family have gone to the daily wail..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I can't believe the level of sympathy for him. He was over the limit and crashed a car. Of it was any other member of the public he'd be called all the names under the sun but because he's a lovable TV celeb (allegedly) people are happy to make excuses for him.

"

Lot's of people have problems in their lives, it shouldn't be used as an excuse

"I can't believe the level of sympathy for him. He was over the limit and crashed a car. Of it was any other member of the public he'd be called all the names under the sun but because he's a lovable TV celeb (allegedly) people are happy to make excuses for him. Should have the book thrown at him imho. Who cares if he is on TV he's commited a serious crime. I felt sorry for anyone even slightly injured and the ones promised a free holiday on their show and they probs won't get that now. "

I think the point is is that nobody knows if he was over the limit or not so although he had a minor car crash he may not have been drink driving. The only point I’ve made is that people should wait for the end result before calling him fit to burn. I certainly wouldn’t have any sympathy for him if it turns out he was over the limit but I’m sensible enough to wait for facts before listening to mass hysteria created by the media. The daily fail have currently got 5 headline stories about it ffs.

evesham

"I can't believe the level of sympathy for him. He was over the limit and crashed a car. Of it was any other member of the public he'd be called all the names under the sun but because he's a lovable TV celeb (allegedly) people are happy to make excuses for him. Should have the book thrown at him imho. Who cares if he is on TV he's commited a serious crime. I felt sorry for anyone even slightly injured and the ones promised a free holiday on their show and they probs won't get that now. "

Yeah because the all expenses holiday to Benidorm was paid for by Ant McPartlin himself

I don't think it's sympathy for him, just and appreciation of the mental health issues he has had recently.... Acknowledged by his recent stunt in rehab and him putting himself back in following yesterday's incident.

No one has suggested him getting an easy ride or not facing consequences.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think the fact he has put himself back in rehab means he has a problem with addiction, as he was breathalysed and arrested a few hours before it could mean he was drinking

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Yeah because the all expenses holiday to Benidorm was paid for by Ant McPartlin himself

I don't think it's sympathy for him, just and appreciation of the mental health issues he has had recently....

"

What if he had a different illness?Would people take that into account?

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I think the fact he has put himself back in rehab means he has a problem with addiction, as he was breathalysed and arrested a few hours before it could mean he was drinking"

Everyone gets breathalysed but as his reported addiction was to painkillers he could just as easily have had too many pills in him. That test will take a bit of time to come back.

I never drink and drive but I'm sure I have driven without knowing if the full effects of painkillers have left my system.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think the fact he has put himself back in rehab means he has a problem with addiction, as he was breathalysed and arrested a few hours before it could mean he was drinking

Everyone gets breathalysed

"

But not arrested if there is no reading

I find it odd that his mum was in the car with him. Would his own mum have let him drive if he was pissed?

I saw the vid of him staggering out of the car looking dazed. Looked like the airbags had gone off so it must have been quite a bang. I think I'd be dazed and in shock after that.

"I think the fact he has put himself back in rehab means he has a problem with addiction, as he was breathalysed and arrested a few hours before it could mean he was drinking

Everyone gets breathalysed but as his reported addiction was to painkillers he could just as easily have had too many pills in him. That test will take a bit of time to come back.

I never drink and drive but I'm sure I have driven without knowing if the full effects of painkillers have left my system.

"

He wouldn't fail a breathalyser if it was painkillers, the test only measures alcohol.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I find it odd that his mum was in the car with him. Would his own mum have let him drive if he was pissed?

I saw the vid of him staggering out of the car looking dazed. Looked like the airbags had gone off so it must have been quite a bang. I think I'd be dazed and in shock after that. "

I witnessed a crash at the weekend where the airbags went off, when I was helping the girl out of the car she looked dazed too. Sadly if you watch Ants eyes they looked more than dazed to me, but who knows, it could be he had been drinking the night before and it showed up a trace of drink.

I did think would his mum get into a car with her son who was drinking? I wouldn't have done I know that, in fact I would have probably hid the keys

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

But if he wasn't a loveable TV personality he wouldn't have made the national news and have people talking about him. But because of who he is people are all up in arms.

We don't know the full facts, but a judge will treat him like any non celebrity and punish him accordingly.

He may well lose his job over it, but that will be because he's a celebrity. A cashier at tesco wouldn't lose their job for a similar offence. Treated the same jn some ways but not in others, yet people are still fighting for equality

By *nd-DCouple  over a year ago

portsmouth

He is in a dark place and needs his loved ones around him to help him through it.

He should never of been rushed back onto television, he needed to get well first.

He is being badly advised and needs a year off to get better.

However no excuse for drink driving.

I hope he gets the help he so desperately needs to come out the other side.

By *upsMan  over a year ago

bucks

Off his nut on drink and drugs at 4pm could have killed someone state of him if that was any normal person everyone be on them absolute selfish prick

"I find it odd that his mum was in the car with him. Would his own mum have let him drive if he was pissed?

I saw the vid of him staggering out of the car looking dazed. Looked like the airbags had gone off so it must have been quite a bang. I think I'd be dazed and in shock after that.

I witnessed a crash at the weekend where the airbags went off, when I was helping the girl out of the car she looked dazed too. Sadly if you watch Ants eyes they looked more than dazed to me, but who knows, it could be he had been drinking the night before and it showed up a trace of drink.

I did think would his mum get into a car with her son who was drinking? I wouldn't have done I know that, in fact I would have probably hid the keys"

According to the news he was on his way home from the park where he’d been walking his dog with his mum. It can take over 24 hour for alcohol to leave your system so it may well have been from the night before.

Onestepoutofthedoor

I did think would his mum get into a car with her son who was drinking? I wouldn't have done I know that, in fact I would have probably hid the keys"

I was thinking the same as well about his mum.

evesham

"Off his nut on drink and drugs at 4pm could have killed someone state of him if that was any normal person everyone be on them absolute selfish prick "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Off his nut on drink and drugs at 4pm could have killed someone state of him if that was any normal person everyone be on them absolute selfish prick "

Off his nut ? On drink and drugs .hmmmmmmmmm How many drinks had he had ? What drugs was he on. How many had he had in the 24 hrs before he got behind the wheel ? What caused the crash ?

Where do you get your info from ?

Ffs, are you just making things up for the hell of it. There has been no mention of drugs at all and it isn’t even known if he was over the limit. Hardly off his nut now was he. Never let the truth get in the way of a good bit of gossip tho eh.

evesham

"

I don't think it's sympathy for him, just and appreciation of the mental health issues he has had recently....

What if he had a different illness?Would people take that into account?"

People are more accepting of physical illness than hidden ones so yes, I think they would.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

People are more accepting of physical illness than hidden ones so yes, I think they would. "

Happily the police don't. I doubt if they think any illness is a good enough reason to justify drinking while driving

( for the people who want the blood test results as confirmation, I will add allegedly in Ants case)

bucks

I’ll bet anyone on here that he fails a drink and drugs test probs been on it from sat night straight through till Sunday arvo his mums obviously got in car because she see that state of him and what’s she going do let him drive off on own no mum would at end of day he was on wrong side of road he lucky he hit car and not people walking down the street cos that’s what would have happened so got no sympathy for him at all complete bellend

Yeah his eyes did make him look out of it. Painkillers making him drowsy maybe.

Sounds like the road was icy too. Nothing scarier than skidding and seeing another car heading for you.

I'm not a 'fan' so not sticking up for him. I just don't like the way the press are slating him without the full details.

By *andy6677Man  over a year ago

crewe

He was driving a high powered 231bhp 4wd john cooper works countryman mini so he was lucky it didn't turn out much worse! Especially with his mum in the car he needs to get help otherwise he can kiss his and decs careers goodbye. I love the guys but even itv wont wait forever if they think hes too much of a liability.

I havnt read it or seen it. Happens every day of the week no doubt, i cant get excited about just another person who may of may not have d*unk and driven. The celebrity culture is a pile of drivel, it just gives people somewhere to express their faux rage.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I did think would his mum get into a car with her son who was drinking? I wouldn't have done I know that, in fact I would have probably hid the keys

Yeah his eyes did make him look out of it. Painkillers making him drowsy maybe.

Sounds like the road was icy too. Nothing scarier than skidding and seeing another car heading for you.

I'm not a 'fan' so not sticking up for him. I just don't like the way the press are slating him without the full details. "

Probably drink as it seems drugs are not picked up by a breathalyser and he wouldn't have got arrested if there was no reading.

If he wasn't famous it would still be reported , just not on this scale. Sadly this is what happens and it can't help the people who may be in need of help The good thing is though he has accepted he needs more help so hopefully he won't see the press attention while getting that help

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I said help a lot then, looks even more odd than my normal ramblings

"I said help a lot then, looks even more odd than my normal ramblings "

I just don’t understand why someone would get into a car with someone who is (allegedly) pissed. You’re putting your life on the line and letting them put their life on the line as well as other innocents on the road by getting in the car and letting them drive.

I said to my mum about it (she loves a bit of Ant & Dec) she said she’d have taken the keys off me and said to get a taxi/lift home or even walk home if it were me.

I dunno. Just doesn’t add up to me.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"He had a minor crash which caused a few scrapes to the cars involved at 4pm. The three year old was taken to hospital as a precaution which suggests she had no visible injuries. All drivers involved in collision are breath tested at scene, he failed his and was arrested. The roadside breath test is only an indicator and just means he had alcohol in his system which the device seems over the prescribed limit. The mac_ine in custody gives the actual alcohol content. The limit is 35 in 100ml of breath but you only get charged at 40 to allow for inaccuracies. If he failed the test in custody he would have been charged and given a date to attend court, if he passed it then he’s free to go immediately and that’s the end of that. He also has the option of going to blood or urine in which case he’ll be released until thecresults come back in 4-6 weeks. Being arrested means nothing, it’s what happens after that matters. "

A few scrapes??????? He's taken the whole wheel off of his Mini!!!

Sorry but if hes had a drink and got behind a wheel, throw the book at him

Mental illness or not shouldnt come into this.

"Gazza has just turned up with a dressing gown, fishing rod and some chicken"

Lol! Bravo bravo!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I hope he gets the help that is very much needed!! Drink driving is not cool to say the least but also what the media is saying is not cool either!?? The guy has royally fucked up but haven't we all!!!

Gloucester

To all the people defending him and saying what a bad time he's having/had, if it was your three year old going to be checked over after Bob from Maidstone has hit your car and blown over the limit at the road side, would you be so concerned and accepting about Bobs mental help?

bucks

"To all the people defending him and saying what a bad time he's having/had, if it was your three year old going to be checked over after Bob from Maidstone has hit your car and blown over the limit at the road side, would you be so concerned and accepting about Bobs mental help?"

bucks

"To all the people defending him and saying what a bad time he's having/had, if it was your three year old going to be checked over after Bob from Maidstone has hit your car and blown over the limit at the road side, would you be so concerned and accepting about Bobs mental help?"

bucks

Totally agree with you

evesham

Possibly not in the moment....but I'd be more worried about my child than worried about anyone else involved.

Once my child's welfare and health had been established as OK (remember they were only taken to hospital as a precaution) then I'd like to think I am compassionate enough to understand the situation.

That does not detract from the fact that he should face the appropriate justice for what he did.

evesham

"

People are more accepting of physical illness than hidden ones so yes, I think they would.

Happily the police don't. I doubt if they think any illness is a good enough reason to justify drinking while driving

( for the people who want the blood test results as confirmation, I will add allegedly in Ants case)"

The police don't but judges do. They take into account all sorts of mitigating circumstances when deciding on sentencing.

I don't think anyone is saying his mental health issues justify him drink driving. They are just showing empathy for someone on a quite destructive path that is playing out very publicly.

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

"I think the fact he has put himself back in rehab means he has a problem with addiction, as he was breathalysed and arrested a few hours before it could mean he was drinking"

just like Harvey Weinstein went into rehab ya? it's a try to get out of jail free card for "celebrities" while the ordinary joe soaps have to take their licks.

Galway

"He had a minor crash which caused a few scrapes to the cars involved at 4pm. The three year old was taken to hospital as a precaution which suggests she had no visible injuries. All drivers involved in collision are breath tested at scene, he failed his and was arrested. The roadside breath test is only an indicator and just means he had alcohol in his system which the device seems over the prescribed limit. The mac_ine in custody gives the actual alcohol content. The limit is 35 in 100ml of breath but you only get charged at 40 to allow for inaccuracies. If he failed the test in custody he would have been charged and given a date to attend court, if he passed it then he’s free to go immediately and that’s the end of that. He also has the option of going to blood or urine in which case he’ll be released until thecresults come back in 4-6 weeks. Being arrested means nothing, it’s what happens after that matters.

A few scrapes??????? He's taken the whole wheel off of his Mini!!!"

ah sure it'll polish out

Cheltenham

Hypocrisy rules on Fab once again.....so many judgemental people considering that as swingers we are supposed to be be open minded.....

Not cool mate. Not cool.

That's what happens when d*unk 3 year olds get behind a wheel!

Sorry,but "

No need to be Sorry!

Galway

"Hypocrisy rules on Fab once again.....so many judgemental people considering that as swingers we are supposed to be be open minded....."

Hypocrisy? I don't drink alcohol so therefore I don't drink and drive. Can you point out the actual hypocrisy? People criticising someone for breaking the law and putting others lives at risk is not exactly akin to being on a swingers site now is it? Just because someone may come across as being a nice and lovable person does not give them a free pass when it comes to endangering others lives,if it were some "celebrity" that was universally loathed I bet you would not be backing them as quickly.

By *rozacMan  over a year ago

london

is this a mel gibson sized epic?

Will he recover professionally?

Is he to be weinsteined and spacey'd?

Shelved away surreptitiously once the furore has died down

Cheltenham

"Hypocrisy rules on Fab once again.....so many judgemental people considering that as swingers we are supposed to be be open minded.....

Hypocrisy? I don't drink alcohol so therefore I don't drink and drive. Can you point out the actual hypocrisy? People criticising someone for breaking the law and putting others lives at risk is not exactly akin to being on a swingers site now is it? Just because someone may come across as being a nice and lovable person does not give them a free pass when it comes to endangering others lives,if it were some "celebrity" that was universally loathed I bet you would not be backing them as quickly."

Hypocrisy rules because people who are supposed to be open minded are judging someone......no matter who it is.....

Where does it say that I like him?.....where does it say I am backing him up?......ffs some people need to get out more and off your little pedestals.....

[Removed by poster at 20/03/18 07:50:42]

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I think it's time the media got off his back and let him just get on with it and face whatever consequences...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

( for the people who want the blood test results as confirmation, I will add allegedly in Ants case)

The police don't but judges do. They take into account all sorts of mitigating circumstances when deciding on sentencing.

I don't think anyone is saying his mental health issues justify him drink driving. They are just showing empathy for someone on a quite destructive path that is playing out very publicly. "

I will rephrase....Happily the police don't when they are arresting people.

It sounds like people are using it as an excuse for what he has done and people should be taking it into account

Whatever the reason a person has been drinking and then gets into a car shouldn't come into it.

Drink drivers and other celebrities who think they're above the law, we have absolutely no sympathy for.

Throw the book at them!

Thankfully there were no serious injuries to anyone involved.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think it's time the media got off his back and let him just get on with it and face whatever consequences..."

That will never happen, they will live off this for another year yet, then start again when he comes back no doubt.

The down side of living your life in the spotlight

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Hypocrisy rules on Fab once again.....so many judgemental people considering that as swingers we are supposed to be be open minded....."

What an odd thing to say, so swingers have to be open minded about everything including illegal stuff ( not just this )?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

just like Harvey Weinstein went into rehab ya? it's a try to get out of jail free card for "celebrities" while the ordinary joe soaps have to take their licks."

Who knows, I hadn't thought of it that way

Nothing like waiting for the facts to emerge. Doesn’t all add up in my mind they way it’s been reported ~ “drink driving” can cover the night before for example and I’m guessing quite a few people throwing the book at the guy on here haven’t waited the full 12 hours before driving the next day.

"I think it's time the media got off his back and let him just get on with it and face whatever consequences..."

The downside to being famous if you fuck up, it’s played out in the media for all & sundry to have an opinion on.

George Michael springs to mind.

He chose the celebrity status

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Personally I feel sorry for Dec. They come as a pair and it affects his career even though he's done nothing wrong . This Saturdays Takeaway has been binned for example .

By *rozacMan  over a year ago

london

"I think it's time the media got off his back and let him just get on with it and face whatever consequences...

He chose the celebrity status "

maybe his mum chose it for him.

Perhaps it was on sale and she wanted a bargain for her little ant man

By *ccasionalfunCouple  over a year ago

hereandthere

No sympathy in the slightest. Got everything going for him . Now he has made his mate reduntant also.

Lock him up . Won't need rehab then

evesham

"Personally I feel sorry for Dec. They come as a pair and it affects his career even though he's done nothing wrong . This Saturdays Takeaway has been binned for example ."

One cancelled show doesn't mean Dec's career is over

"No sympathy in the slightest. Got everything going for him . Now he has made his mate reduntant also.

Lock him up . Won't need rehab then "

evesham

"No sympathy in the slightest. Got everything going for him . Now he has made his mate reduntant also.

Fame and money aren't the be all and end all in life.

His relationship of 23 years is breaking up and she is allegedly taking him for around £64m so perhaps he doesn't 'have it all' after all.

And again....just for those who aren't able to comprehend empathy for a situation don't mean condoning actions.... I do think that he should be bought to task for what he did, there is no excuse for getting behind the wheel being knowingly d*unk and I am thankful that nobody was seriously hurt (the child was taken to hospital as a precaution).

His relationship of 23 years is breaking up and she is allegedly taking him for around £64m so perhaps he doesn't 'have it all' after all.

And again....just for those who aren't able to comprehend empathy for a situation don't mean condoning actions.... I do think that he should be bought to task for what he did, there is no excuse for getting behind the wheel being knowingly d*unk and I am thankful that nobody was seriously hurt (the child was taken to hospital as a precaution). "

As an add on to that, it’s yet to be seen if he was even over the limit, let alone knowingly d*unk.

"Personally I feel sorry for Dec. They come as a pair and it affects his career even though he's done nothing wrong . This Saturdays Takeaway has been binned for example .

One cancelled show doesn't mean Dec's career is over

"

Hes probably got enough to tide him over till his pension kicks in anyway

By *supwanted03Couple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I thought they were Ant & Dez ? Live and learn

King's Crustacean

Calling Steven Mulhearn. Calling Steven Mullhearn.

Man down Steven - your chance to s_ine.

King's Crustacean

Please. NOT Charlotte Moffat. Funny not.... awful.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Calling Steven Mulhearn. Calling Steven Mullhearn.

Man down Steven - your chance to s_ine."

No.

King's Crustacean

No."

Fraid so. Perfect. He's as big a T.V. clone as the other. More talented than they are too.

Man down Steven - your chance to s_ine."

Emma Willis

King's Crustacean

Emma Willis "

ooooooooooo uhmmmmmmmmmm nah .

The empathy is strong with this one, not!

A bit to early to speculate whether his mate is being made redundant.....

Emma Willis "

Dermot who presents the X-Factor

Onestepoutofthedoor

No.

Fraid so. Perfect. He's as big a T.V. clone as the other. More talented than they are too."

No. He's an annoying twat.

South Wales

"I thought they were Ant & Dez ? Live and learn "

I never realised there were two of them. I thought it was one bloke called Anton Decks

Onestepoutofthedoor

Emma Willis "

Yeah I like Emma Willis.

Ban him sack him fine the fuck out of him needs to be made an example of if Jamie carrigar gets suspend for spit this is far worst and everyone says poor ant sorry lock him up now

By *lderguy4uMan  over a year ago

wirral

Expel him with them Russians

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

And again....just for those who aren't able to comprehend empathy for a situation don't mean condoning actions.... I do think that he should be bought to task for what he did, there is no excuse for getting behind the wheel being knowingly d*unk and I am thankful that nobody was seriously hurt (the child was taken to hospital as a precaution).

As an add on to that, it’s yet to be seen if he was even over the limit, let alone knowingly d*unk. "

he was breath tested and failed ....end of. On top of that he resisted arrest .he lost the plot .too much money and they think they are all above the law .I've no sympathy with that type .they never learn ....look at George ,Best and gazza . the stupid sod could have killed someone .

King's Crustacean

No.

Fraid so. Perfect. He's as big a T.V. clone as the other. More talented than they are too.

No. He's an annoying twat."

Yes but he's one less irritating twat than the other two.

King's Crustacean

Emma Willis

Yeah I like Emma Willis."

No I said. She's okay for The Voice and Big Brother but she lacks the comedy element required for B.G.T and Saturday Nights.

My aunt's car was written off the other day....hit by a d*unk woman who had her baby in the car too!

She was arrested at the hospital and severely kicked off.

What hope is there when you have folk like that around

Onestepoutofthedoor

Emma Willis

Yeah I like Emma Willis.

No I said. She's okay for The Voice and Big Brother but she lacks the comedy element required for B.G.T and Saturday Nights. "

Definitely Emma for the job! Her voice is a bit annoying,but I like her. Emma for the straight part of the duo and Dec for the comedy aspect.

As an add on to that, it’s yet to be seen if he was even over the limit, let alone knowingly d*unk. he was breath tested and failed ....end of. On top of that he resisted arrest .he lost the plot .too much money and they think they are all above the law .I've no sympathy with that type .they never learn ....look at George ,Best and gazza . the stupid sod could have killed someone . "

It’s not end of this is it. Failing the roadside breath test is merely the beginning and it has no bearing on the end result. It’s what happens at the custody suite that matters. The fact he was released under investigation means that he went to blood or urine, the results will take weeks to come back from the lab. And resisted arrest my arse, he wasn’t even handcuffed ffs.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"My aunt's car was written off the other day....hit by a d*unk woman who had her baby in the car too!

She was arrested at the hospital and severely kicked off.

What hope is there when you have folk like that around"

So it seems we all should have empathy with the d*unken woman now

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't abuse people when posting please

Galway

"Hypocrisy rules on Fab once again.....so many judgemental people considering that as swingers we are supposed to be be open minded.....

Hypocrisy? I don't drink alcohol so therefore I don't drink and drive. Can you point out the actual hypocrisy? People criticising someone for breaking the law and putting others lives at risk is not exactly akin to being on a swingers site now is it? Just because someone may come across as being a nice and lovable person does not give them a free pass when it comes to endangering others lives,if it were some "celebrity" that was universally loathed I bet you would not be backing them as quickly.

Hypocrisy rules because people who are supposed to be open minded are judging someone......no matter who it is.....

Where does it say that I like him?.....where does it say I am backing him up?......ffs some people need to get out more and off your little pedestals....."

hypocrisy is saying one thing and doing the opposite,there is no standard on this site that says people have to be "open minded" on every issue,some issues are black and white with no grey areas one of those issues would be driving while intoxicated therefore putting innocent peoples lives at risk,the mere fact that you are posting saying people are judgemental towards him implies that you are backing him. If you wish to back someone that endangers others then that is entirely up to you if others do not wish to back said person that is up to them and does NOT make them hypocrites. your may not be on a pedestal but you are surely preaching from your own pulpit judging people as hypocrites for having an opinion which in itself is a tad ironic no?

hereandthere

A bit to early to speculate whether his mate is being made redundant....."

When you have seen the effects of drink driving a few times maybe your acceptance would change.

Well his pal and him are joined at the hip where tv is concerned

hereandthere

Why do people keep putting a star in d*unk?

hereandthere

Haha the site bans the word d*unk. Oh the offense that must be caused by the word

evesham

"Why do people keep putting a star in d*unk? "

They don't, the site does

hereandthere

"Why do people keep putting a star in d*unk?

They don't, the site does "

I've said that above. I can't imagine the upset it would cause if people could see the word d*unk

Can the site or someone who knows the answer explain why a word like d*unk is censored when I can say cunt fuck twat arse bollocks or what else I want

I've said that above. I can't imagine the upset it would cause if people could see the word d*unk

Can the site or someone who knows the answer explain why a word like d*unk is censored when I can say cunt fuck twat arse bollocks or what else I want "

I wondered that myself yesterday, seems weird

evesham

Can the site or someone who knows the answer explain why a word like d*unk is censored when I can say cunt fuck twat arse bollocks or what else I want "

We posted pretty much at the same time.

I think it might be in relation to something bigger than the site so it was out of their hands. There are other words that are censored as well.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I explained last time and got told it was a shit answer so I don't anymore.

What I will say is sometimes it isn't the word itself but the connotations that can go with the word

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Can the site or someone who knows the answer explain why a word like d*unk is censored when I can say cunt fuck twat arse bollocks or what else I want

What I will say is sometimes it isn't the word itself but the connotations that can go with the word"

no great disrespect but that is rubbish

censorship would mean the word is removed , IF the word had such powerful connotations then simply replacing one letter with a star would have zero effect, none zilch ? f*ck or r*pe does nothing to hide the word nor does d*unk , if the complete word would offend or have any effect then the star changes nothing

it may indeed be pointless political hoop jumping but it has zero bearing upon cause or effect

if there is good reason not to permit a word then hide all of it , anything else is limp lip service xxx

hereandthere

Ant was smashed ,hammered ,legless ,tipsy , drank too much. All mean the same thing

It is a shame that words that are part of our language are censored.

Especially as it's a well used word with no connotations

When you have seen the effects of drink driving a few times maybe your acceptance would change.

Well his pal and him are joined at the hip where tv is concerned "

You’re assuming in all aspects.

"Please. NOT Charlotte Moffat. Funny not.... awful. "

Scarlet????

hereandthere

Well his pal and him are joined at the hip where tv is concerned

You’re assuming in all aspects.

"

I'm not assuming the damage drink driving does

Cheltenham

Where does it say that I like him?.....where does it say I am backing him up?......ffs some people need to get out more and off your little pedestals.....

hypocrisy is saying one thing and doing the opposite,there is no standard on this site that says people have to be "open minded" on every issue,some issues are black and white with no grey areas one of those issues would be driving while intoxicated therefore putting innocent peoples lives at risk,the mere fact that you are posting saying people are judgemental towards him implies that you are backing him. If you wish to back someone that endangers others then that is entirely up to you if others do not wish to back said person that is up to them and does NOT make them hypocrites. your may not be on a pedestal but you are surely preaching from your own pulpit judging people as hypocrites for having an opinion which in itself is a tad ironic no?"

I know what hypocrisy means

Hypocrites for claiming swingers are non judgemental....yet time after time proving they are more judgemental than vanilla....

Again you are assuming I am backing him up....you know what they say about assume.....makes an ass out if u not me....

One is opinionated the same as every other person that has an opinion....it is just people with personal issues take offence by it....says more about that person than the person voicing their opinion .....do you have person issues?

Gloucester

Isn't the saying assume makes an 'ass' out of 'u' AND 'me'???

He hasn't been prosecuted for drink driving

And nobody was injured

It was jus a minor car crash

Everyone blowing it out of proportion as per

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Nailed it. All these people rushing to his defence, 'he's got mental issues' etc. If he was some random arrested for drink driving he'd be vilified.

Cheltenham

"Isn't the saying assume makes an 'ass' out of 'u' AND 'me'???"

Not in this case

Cheltenham

hypocrisy is saying one thing and doing the opposite,there is no standard on this site that says people have to be "open minded" on every issue,some issues are black and white with no grey areas one of those issues would be driving while intoxicated therefore putting innocent peoples lives at risk,the mere fact that you are posting saying people are judgemental towards him implies that you are backing him. If you wish to back someone that endangers others then that is entirely up to you if others do not wish to back said person that is up to them and does NOT make them hypocrites. your may not be on a pedestal but you are surely preaching from your own pulpit judging people as hypocrites for having an opinion which in itself is a tad ironic no?

I know what hypocrisy means

Hypocrites for claiming swingers are non judgemental....yet time after time proving they are more judgemental than vanilla....

Again you are assuming I am backing him up....you know what they say about assume.....makes an ass out if u not me....

One is opinionated the same as every other person that has an opinion....it is just people with personal issues take offence by it....says more about that person than the person voicing their opinion .....do you have person issues?

"

Bloody auto correct changed personal into person!

Gloucester

"Isn't the saying assume makes an 'ass' out of 'u' AND 'me'???

Not in this case "

Ah so you change well know sayings to suit your own needs you might as well make stuff up...... Oh, don't matter

"Why do people keep putting a star in d*unk? "

Why do stars keep getting d*unk?

Cheltenham

"Isn't the saying assume makes an 'ass' out of 'u' AND 'me'???

Not in this case

Ah so you change well know sayings to suit your own needs you might as well make stuff up...... Oh, don't matter "

Well no matter if it is AND....it still suits a lot on these forums.....assuming and judgemental......

By *endrix30Man  over a year ago

dudley

Well said. If it is proved that he was over the limit he should go to prison, get a 10 year driving ban and a huge fine that relates to his income. There is no excuse for drink driving by anybody no matter who they are.

ITV are showing Fast & Furious 5 on Saturday night. Ant's fast, Dec's furious.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Weve all made mistakes .

Hands up who hasnt.???

They are a pair or overpaid talentless twats anyway. Sorry for the innocent people hurt.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

What I will say is sometimes it isn't the word itself but the connotations that can go with the word

no great disrespect but that is rubbish

"

I rest my case and I didn't even explain anything to get the rubbish comment this time

Cheltenham

"Weve all made mistakes .

Hands up who hasnt.???

"

My point exactly.....nobody on here is perfect, so who are they to pass judgement....

Not cool mate. Not cool.

They are a pair or overpaid talentless twats anyway. Sorry for the innocent people hurt."

Well the vast majority says they do have talent, best presenters award 10 years on the run is it? They must be doing something right.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Weve all made mistakes .

Hands up who hasnt.???

My point exactly.....nobody on here is perfect, so who are they to pass judgement...."

If people saying the man got arrested for drinking driving which is illegal and dangerous passing judgement then I am sure the people will wear that badge.

Not everyone drinks and drives, that isn't a mistake that is a choice.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Stop abusing people when posting