FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Distance

Distance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arlo82 OP   Couple  over a year ago

the gym and random places

I'm slightly baffled..... being from Scotland and arranging anything from a night out, a social or a filthy debauched night usually meant driving upward of an hour . 15-20 miles away was a nice sign.

I move to the north east and "eeeeeeebygum lass you're 10 mile away...if only you were closer" if I were much closer I'd already be in your bed!

Realistically 50 miles approx I would/will and have/do travel.

Where do you all stand on distance?

I don't mean for a one off having said that drove 40 miles for coffee yesterday

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

50 miles is a reasonable distance in our view, maybe even a bit further. We've been that far for a meet or a coffee with potential playmates loads of times.

I agree 50 miles are an hour's drive is a reasonable travelling distance.

I’d travel to the ends of the earth for a good shag

I reckon about an hour or just over, although special trips can always be arranged

I'd say 50 miles is not too far. Although I would travel further as loving my new car at the minute.

"I’d travel to the ends of the earth for a good shag

"

Get ya arse up here then

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

Morning,

50 miles is about the maximum it should be but it depends on how hot the other person/people are!

We did the 40 mile coffee trip on Tuesday but it was so worth it

Get ya arse up here then "

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

It would depend for us. We are just on the outside of M25 to the West of London.... anywhere in London we would probably not be interested yet would be happy to drive North, South or West for up to an hour

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

No more than 10 miles and that’s being generous!

I would say 40-50 miles, seeing as im in the middle of nowhere but i have done round trips of over 400 miles to meet someone before now .. but that was a regular meet and was well worth the travelling time

It's all relative. I'm a Londoner and don't drive. When I lived there I was only interested in meeting people within 30-45 mins travelling distance max and I think that stays with me even though I'm living somewhere else

"No more than 10 miles and that’s being generous! "

Phew I just make it

"I'm slightly baffled..... being from Scotland and arranging anything from a night out, a social or a filthy debauched night usually meant driving upward of an hour . 15-20 miles away was a nice sign.

I move to the north east and "eeeeeeebygum lass you're 10 mile away...if only you were closer" if I were much closer I'd already be in your bed!

I don't mean for a one off having said that drove 40 miles for coffee yesterday "

About 4 hours/300 miles for someone special.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Oh this is so difficult as everyone's so far from me

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

If I really like someone and we get on well, I'll travel for around an hour or so. A little more if we've met before and we're doing an over night.

My ideal is within half an hour so that we can easily meet in the week if we want to. It's not just about my travel time - I don't want to put someone else out travelling for ages.

I once walked to the end of the street to meet someone as he was struggling to find our place but that was a one off and not something I'd like to repeat. The front door is far enough

I've travelled 600 miles and will be again just shortly. The other person is more than worth it.

I think 700 miles is most I've travelled so far. Used to do an almost daily 90 mile round trip at one point.

It All depends .....but I really don't get this reluctance to drive 20 mins for someone.

By *eekorMan  over a year ago

Gosport

well that's not gentlemanly the man should travel to the lady

I wouldnt travel more than 10/15 miles for a first meet/social unless we already knew them and they were worth it. We mostly meet at a club less than 10 miles from us anyway.

"Oh this is so difficult as everyone's so far from me

"

This is where clubs come into their own! Even if a long journey is involved, at least you're guaranteed meeting lots of people (whether or not you will be attracted to them and vice versa is not guaranteed, alas)

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"I'm slightly baffled..... being from Scotland and arranging anything from a night out, a social or a filthy debauched night usually meant driving upward of an hour . 15-20 miles away was a nice sign.

I don't mean for a one off having said that drove 40 miles for coffee yesterday "

Luckily I travel for work so used to distances but regardless I'd give any opportunity a serious think if we clicked and I thought we'd have fun.

"I've travelled 600 miles and will be again just shortly. The other person is more than worth it.

I think 700 miles is most I've travelled so far. Used to do an almost daily 90 mile round trip at one point.

It All depends .....but I really don't get this reluctance to drive 20 mins for someone. "

Think it all depends what happens when you get there, if you're a person that's happy with a 20 minute rub out then traveling 600 miles isn't worth it. If you like at least a few hours of high quality fuckery then it really is.

I've driven up to Scotland and down to the south west so distance isn't a problem for good friends.

"I've travelled 600 miles and will be again just shortly. The other person is more than worth it.

It All depends .....but I really don't get this reluctance to drive 20 mins for someone.

Think it all depends what happens when you get there, if you're a person that's happy with a 20 minute rub out then traveling 600 miles isn't worth it. If you like at least a few hours of high quality fuckery then it really is."

If it's a sexual escapade then I want sex for at least twice the time I've driven. 4 hour drive means at least over night sex. I don't think I'd be passed kissing after 20 mins and I sure as heck wouldn't be satisfied haha

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"well that's not gentlemanly the man should travel to the lady "

It's 2018 not 1818, women travel on their own these days and she probably has good reasons for wanting to travel to meets.

I love her independent attitude

I wouldnt meet anyone within 10 miles...too close for comfort for me...my limit is around a hours drive

Think it all depends what happens when you get there, if you're a person that's happy with a 20 minute rub out then traveling 600 miles isn't worth it. If you like at least a few hours of high quality fuckery then it really is.

If it's a sexual escapade then I want sex for at least twice the time I've driven. 4 hour drive means at least over night sex. I don't think I'd be passed kissing after 20 mins and I sure as heck wouldn't be satisfied haha "

Sounds like a sensible driving to dick ratio to me

I would drive 100 miles to meet you xx

I would drive 100 miles to meet you xx"

You see, I would immediately find that off-putting. Why on earth would you drive 100 miles for someone you've never met?

It depends if your mobile with a car also as public transport is a pain in the arse. Plus if it's a fuck and leave situation 50-100 miles is a lot xx

"I would say 40-50 miles, seeing as im in the middle of nowhere but i have done round trips of over 400 miles to meet someone before now .. but that was a regular meet and was well worth the travelling time "

So the 120 miles to meet will be easy then, 60 miles each, meet in a hotel half way xx

You see, I would immediately find that off-putting. Why on earth would you drive 100 miles for someone you've never met? "

Agreed! That does put me off unless he's having a joke as he is about 100 miles and he's just checked the location thing. That being said bit off putting really

"I would walk 500 hundred miles..."

"It depends if your mobile with a car also as public transport is a pain in the arse. Plus if it's a fuck and leave situation 50-100 miles is a lot xx"

Should there really be a fuck and leave situ? I'm a swinger it's the friendship/social aspect thst appeals more the sex is an added bonus. Fuck and leave is just one night stand and people can get them anywhere

You see, I would immediately find that off-putting. Why on earth would you drive 100 miles for someone you've never met? "

That was a chat up line, can see why I am single now....lol

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"I would say 40-50 miles, seeing as im in the middle of nowhere but i have done round trips of over 400 miles to meet someone before now .. but that was a regular meet and was well worth the travelling time

So the 120 miles to meet will be easy then, 60 miles each, meet in a hotel half way xx"

That's even more off putting

Iv drove for 4hrs to meet and shag well worth it thow we met at a travel lodge as she is a married distance is worth it if you enjoy the time you spend with someone

We would usually drive up to about an hour away, more if we really got on with the person/ people and was going to be a regular thing .

If we had the time and a free weekend from kids, we would happily drive anywhere in the country to make a full weekend of it and maybe visit a club too . Xx

Mrs xx

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

I travelled over 66 miles by train witch took about 2:30-3:00 hours for just a social.

And it ended as a social nuthing els.

It wos a fun and expenses day.

And i have dun that 2 times now

Leeds

"No more than 10 miles and that’s being generous!

Phew I just make it "

Do you?

Leeds

"I travelled over 66 miles by train witch took about 2:30-3:00 hours for just a social.

"

Well done, this is so commendable Mr Seeside

"I travelled over 66 miles by train witch took about 2:30-3:00 hours for just a social.

Well done, this is so commendable Mr Seeside "

Thanks.

A lot just call me nuts cos it wos just a social i went to

Leeds

Thanks.

A lot just call me nuts cos it wos just a social i went to "

Ignore them, you’re a Gentleman

Thanks.

A lot just call me nuts cos it wos just a social i went to

Ignore them, you’re a Gentleman "

thanks

I’m not overly keen on motorway driving so to my current playmates house and back (an hour each way) will do me.

I don’t have much time so prefer closer to home so the travelling time doesn’t impact fucking time.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've lived all over, including very rural, the centre of London as well as other countries, so have learned to be flexible. It all depends on the people: if you're more special to them, not just any other shag, then longer travel times can justify it, if they're meaningful to you.

A 'Fancy a fuck' meet now message isn't going to warrant either a reply or any effort. Compare that to someone you've had a longer, more involved interaction with and the situation changes.

A couple of hours drive.

30 minutes. If anyone is 5 or 10 minutes over that, tough I'm not going to be interested.

I'm the one travelling at my expense and time. So no I'm afraid I'm never going to travel for anyone further then 30 minutes from my town.

It's shocking how many guys don't respect that. Equally shocking how many passing through town cowboys think because they've arrived in town, I'll run along for a quick leg over before they disappear on me.

Erm no thanks John Wayne. Get back on your horse and keep going! Profiles are written for a reason. Reading before messaging would save their time, mine and avoid rejection messages.

I've driven to Manchester and back in a day before now. What's a few hours of driving?

"

This.... if something is worth doing properly then time getting there isn’t a factor

"

I've done it 3 times Seeside with no sex, just social chat. It was nice to meet you.

I have a 1 mile radius .. might push boat out to say 1.5 if she was worth it!

"30 minutes. If anyone is 5 or 10 minutes over that, tough I'm not going to be interested.

I'm the one travelling at my expense and time. So no I'm afraid I'm never going to travel for anyone further then 30 minutes from my town.

It's shocking how many guys don't respect that. Equally shocking how many passing through town cowboys think because they've arrived in town, I'll run along for a quick leg over before they disappear on me.

Erm no thanks John Wayne. Get back on your horse and keep going! Profiles are written for a reason. Reading before messaging would save their time, mine and avoid rejection messages."

Just 30 mins ?

No afence but I spend at lest 2 hours just travelling to work every day.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I used to regularly drive to Suffolk to see someone, the distance never bothered me, I suppose living in the middle means you are close to everyone

"I have a 1 mile radius .. might push boat out to say 1.5 if she was worth it! "

Is it any wonder the only one you meet is Pam? Hahaha

I think furthest I’ve travelled for coffee was maybe 25 miles. For a play meet it was 600 miles round trip.

I’d happily travel 64 miles though OP.

By *ibertine_mindsCouple  over a year ago

Staffs/ Derbys/ Peak District

In a previous (single) life many years ago, I travelled well over an hour on two separate occasions to be stood up by wind-up merchants posing as single females.

On the other hand I also travelled 90 minutes each way to meet couples who were genuine and turned out to be reliable too.

For new meets these days we prefer to travel and distance is no object. For close and good friends a two-three hour journey is not a problem as they invariably provided a great breakfast after the evening of debauchery . . .

"I think furthest I’ve travelled for coffee was maybe 25 miles. For a play meet it was 600 miles round trip.

I’d happily travel 64 miles though OP. "

That's cos I'm feeding you!

I’m thinking of getting a helicopter at this stage

"I have a 1 mile radius .. might push boat out to say 1.5 if she was worth it!

Is it any wonder the only one you meet is Pam? Hahaha "

But Pam is always there at the drop of the hat my friend .. she don't complain, or argue just does as she's told, had years of meets with her now and always comes back for more

"I’m thinking of getting a helicopter at this stage "

A helicopter would be easier

Im my past swinging life as a single fem i frequently drove 65 miles each way to meet a guy i saw fairly often, stayed overnight mostly too. Other meets were anything from 10 to 50 miles approx away. Wouldnt do that now though.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

For the right person distance wouldn't be an issue - have done a five hour round trip for a social before that was very much worth it - so much so I repeated it at a later date for something more than a social

"Oh this is so difficult as everyone's so far from me

"

I’m not that far

"I think furthest I’ve travelled for coffee was maybe 25 miles. For a play meet it was 600 miles round trip.

That's cos I'm feeding you! "

Quickest way to a mans....

That's cos I'm feeding you!

Quickest way to a mans...."

Haha there's lots of quick ways to what lies below a man's stomach

We find it easier to book a weekend and travel distance for a meet than to arrange local, even if there's a no show and we don't meet another, we still have a weekend away so never really disappointed! Once the weather warms up more roadtrips are planned, I miss you Manchester!

Peach x

I don't meet very often, but if I commit to meet someone, I would travel anywhere to spend a quality time. I traveled to Ireland from London, I think that is me travelling the furthest so far...

Any Irish ladies looking to meet? msg me plz...

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I made a special journey that was close to two hours. I’ve offered them hospitality at mine next time. It was a lovely meet though. I’d happily travel up to one and a half hours if I knew that I wasn’t getting messed about. I’m lucky. I can accommodate and there are lots of things to do around me for Fab dates so more often than not i do the entertaining which seems to work nicely.

By *aenMan  over a year ago

Here and There

An hour or so for a first time social meet. After that it's probably other commitments that would be the limiting factor. I'd happily drive 300 miles for the right person (and have done so)

By *4gnumprMan  over a year ago

telford

once did telford to newcastle

early sat via train @ 4.5 hrs

returned sun lunch

well worth the visit

Leeds

"30 minutes. If anyone is 5 or 10 minutes over that, tough I'm not going to be interested.

Erm no thanks John Wayne. Get back on your horse and keep going! Profiles are written for a reason. Reading before messaging would save their time, mine and avoid rejection messages."

Most of the guys here, I said *most* think women are only here for them and that we will ‘run’ for a quick leg over and that we are so desperate for sex we will oblige! This is humerous and they have a lot to learn about *some* women...!

Living where I do it’s based more on time than distance, so generally upto an hour max.

Having said that I have travelled up town, across London to meet someone for less time than it took to get there & back. He was worth it though

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

I used to travel almost 100 miles for a meet. I wouldn't travel more than 45min if I'd never met the person previously, a club or social etc.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"

Man cave....

Follow the yellow brick road to the end of the earth...

Turn left...

It's just a couple of mile furthet on

I'll shag anyone, anywhere. Come at me

There are factors that dictate how far and for how long I will travel. These include: weather; type of transport; free time and the level of attraction.

I have regularly travelled across London for an hour and a half to meet someone for an hour/ hour and a half.

I travel for 25 minutes to see someone regularly for 1 to 5 hours.

I would only travel more than 10 miles to see someone I knew well and knew what I was getting when I got there.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I think it depends on where you live, I'm in Aberdeen and I have had men travel from both Glasgow and Edinburgh to meet me, both are 2+ hours drive, sometimes you put things into perspective. But on those occasions we have already chatted and built a rapport so an overnight stay was always on the cards

Leeds

"I'll shag anyone, anywhere. Come at me "

Mr Charmer .

I used to do a 7 hour round trip to see someone.

I won't travel more than half an hour now. - By car... Walking half an hour I wouldn't get far cos I'm an old fart.

By *983RCCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

We’d probably travel around 1-1.5 hours maximum for a first meet but only once we’d chatted to verify they were real... after we’ve already met we’d travel a lot further for the right couple!

If there’s a big distance we usually suggest a halfway point x

I seem to average about 1.5 hrs driving away.

I don't mind a drive..... my last meet was 170 mile round trip into wales and took 2 hours one way.... but stayed overnight.

If i think she/they are worth it I'll go further .... even for a good social.... sounds desperate but i just see it as me being flexible

"We’d probably travel around 1-1.5 hours maximum for a first meet but only once we’d chatted to verify they were real... after we’ve already met we’d travel a lot further for the right couple!

If there’s a big distance we usually suggest a halfway point x"

Yeah i agree..... half way in a nice hotel is a good idea

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

It's not always the distance, that's a problem.

Depending on location & time, it could take as long to travel 10 miles accross London as it could to drive 50 miles on clear roads.

I regularly make an hours drive to see a friend but its taken me upto 4hrs to get home before due to traffic & weather issues.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We consider anything up to 50 miles or 1 hours away. Anything further would require us to book into a hotel.

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

3.5 hours

It would appear no distance was covered today. .....

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I do it by time rather than distance. It can take me longer to get to the other side of London than meeting someone 50 miles away.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

London, which is 140 miles away.

"I do it by time rather than distance. It can take me longer to get to the other side of London than meeting someone 50 miles away.

"

Oh i get that.... London is a baw ache.

I'd travel about 90 mins one way

EasyJet and Ryanair=no sweat!

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

"EasyJet and Ryanair=no sweat!"

This haven't let distance be a stumbling block yet