FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Redundancy advice

Redundancy advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all,

I was told on Wednesday I was being made redundant because of the closure of shops there wasn't enough work for me. I was hoping this would happen.

Now I'm lucky enough to have had a thing put in my contract by the previous chairman who said if I was made redundant that I'd been given in the 1st two years of this contract may be terminated by the employer giving the employee 2 years notice less a period of time equating to the time the employee commencement date and the date the employer gives notice. Therefore the employee will be entitled to 12 weeks notice.

Now I hoped I'd get this in December but wasn't offered it as it would be too expensive to pay me off but now with only 5 months left instead of 7 they are happy to pay me off.

I keep looking for a catch here and I know if they can do me over they will so any advise please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

ring acas they sorted out mine for me and were very helpful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Has your employer explained to you what they envisage to be? I’d just ask them to explain the terms clearly to you and see if what they are currently saying is different. You can do an audio recorder on your phone, explain it’s to aide your memory/understanding.

Then you can check this out with Citizens Advice, trade union or even an initial free consult with an employment lawyer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"ring acas they sorted out mine for me and were very helpful"

Will do and thank you xxx

Just called ACAS and sadly it's something they can't comment on. So they were not helpful at all.

» Add a new message to this topic