FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > winter is coming..............

winter is coming..............

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so is everyone ready..... we in the north east are suppose to be in "firing line" central

everyone on the eastern side of the country... buckle up

on the western side... you'll escape

so if there anything you really hate about cold.... other than the obvious that its bloody cold!!!

me... 2 things....

1) I dispise driving in the snow... in fact i have enough leave that i am considering calling into working and just hunkering down in my bolthole!

2) there is no such thing as sexy thermals.......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love snow but I have to admit that I'm ready for winter to end.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Man up _abio. I thought you northerners were a Hardy bunch!

The cold makes my body hurt, a lot. I can't function properly at the best of times and cold weather slows me down so much and the painkillers/anti inflammatories give me a stomach ache.

"I love snow but I have to admit that I'm ready for winter to end.

"

Me too. I'm fed up with cocoa.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Beautiful sunshine here on the south coast... I'm considering having a chilled glass of Pimms on the patio

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

Think it’s not going to be so bad here ,but we normally get it worse than most , I get the long range weather forecast and stock up with provisions as I get snowed in for days brrrrr

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Man up _abio. I thought you northerners were a Hardy bunch! "

its the one little bit of southerner i have left in me....

the cold is fine, i have learnt to go out coatless!, I drink bitter and like it!, i say bath and not barth!!!!

its just snow i can't stand... i ended up having to drive home in a blizzard two weeks ago... i don't think i went faster than 15 mph.....

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's a bright, beautiful day today, I want it to stay like this. Mind you I haven't been out yet it's probably freezing.

I think we're supposed to get snow on Monday but not too much....I'll have to drive my kids to school and I'm nervous about that!!!

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

I really don't mind driving in snow ...it's not that hard tbh it's other people on the roads that panic at the sight of a snowflake I hate

Just had a look at the temperature forecast for around where i live Forget the actual temps, it's going to feel like -6c to -11c...............brrrrrrr

By *verready32Man  over a year ago

omagh

For once northern Ireland is sunny and DRY can't believe it's not raining.....as for the cold I don't mind it...so long as it's dry

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

I know we will have the most snow we have had in years...

How do I know?

Because my Land Rover is in the garage and the bits haven't arrived...

Love doing snow angels

omagh

"It's a bright, beautiful day today, I want it to stay like this. Mind you I haven't been out yet it's probably freezing.

I think we're supposed to get snow on Monday but not too much....I'll have to drive my kids to school and I'm nervous about that!!!"

As a coach driver my advice is don't drive in snow unless you have to, that said keep speed well down, keep at least 10 second gap from vehicle in front, and apply breaks very gently. Not sure if that help, if any? members of IAM on here may help you more

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"It's a bright, beautiful day today, I want it to stay like this. Mind you I haven't been out yet it's probably freezing.

I think we're supposed to get snow on Monday but not too much....I'll have to drive my kids to school and I'm nervous about that!!!

As a coach driver my advice is don't drive in snow unless you have to, that said keep speed well down, keep at least 10 second gap from vehicle in front, and apply breaks very gently. Not sure if that help, if any? members of IAM on here may help you more"

Thanks.....I know how to do it, I just don't like it. I had an accident the first winter after I passed my test. My kids school will close if it's too bad anyway, but it has to be REALLY bad though!!!

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

We still have snow from earlier, there is a saying round here, if you still have snow under hedges, you’ll need more snow to shift it.

So glad we bought the Landy.

The thing I hate most about winter is not being able to get out on the water

Through spring, summer, and autumn every bit of disposable income I have goes on water sports, but the best I can manage through the winter is swimming

"We still have snow from earlier, there is a saying round here, if you still have snow under hedges, you’ll need more snow to shift it.

So glad we bought the Landy."

Ha ha. Following a few snowy winters I bought a 4x4 softroader and a set of winter wheels and tyres which I religiously put on November-March. That was over 3 years ago we've seen hardly any snow since.... !

omagh

As a coach driver my advice is don't drive in snow unless you have to, that said keep speed well down, keep at least 10 second gap from vehicle in front, and apply breaks very gently. Not sure if that help, if any? members of IAM on here may help you more

Thanks.....I know how to do it, I just don't like it. I had an accident the first winter after I passed my test. My kids school will close if it's too bad anyway, but it has to be REALLY bad though!!!"

I know the feeling I hate driving in it to. I once lost control of a coach a wiped out a bus shelter, thankfully no one was waiting in it. Scariest thing ever

"The cold makes my body hurt, a lot. I can't function properly at the best of times and cold weather slows me down so much and the painkillers/anti inflammatories give me a stomach ache.

"

Omeprazole?

"The cold makes my body hurt, a lot. I can't function properly at the best of times and cold weather slows me down so much and the painkillers/anti inflammatories give me a stomach ache.

Omeprazole?"

I've had that and Lanzoprazole. I still get the stomach ache and I get thick reflux with them.

Omeprazole?

I've had that and Lanzoprazole. I still get the stomach ache and I get thick reflux with them. "

I guess you weigh up the side effects and benefits. Have you tried different anti-inflammatories?

Hope it does not come while I am in Ireland for the rugby, mind it would be a great place to get stuck the girls are great been there since Thursday and more girls chatting me up in 2 day's than I have had all year on here,must be the accent

Ive been arranging a meeting for Wednesday.... people travelling from all over the country.... looks like the snow might Kibosh it!!! Bugger!!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

get ready for the "beast from the east" this is the latest met office advice..

so whats the weather going to be like where you are....

for us in newcastle... yellow warning for snow so far on monday, then amber warning for tuesday and wednesday, amber for thurdsay..... so far....

when the bbc even mention the words "potential all out blizzard" in their forecast (looks like that could be the south) i think i may call in tomorrow and take the week off work!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"so is everyone ready..... we in the north east are suppose to be in "firing line" central

everyone on the eastern side of the country... buckle up

on the western side... you'll escape

so if there anything you really hate about cold.... other than the obvious that its bloody cold!!!

me... 2 things....

1) I dispise driving in the snow... in fact i have enough leave that i am considering calling into working and just hunkering down in my bolthole!

2) there is no such thing as sexy thermals....... "

I'm not a fan of the cold, but the main thing I hate about snow is that it stops me riding my bike to work.

On the plus side though, I love driving in the snow.

Cal

Newcastle and Gateshead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43190795/bbc-weather-forecast-shows-heavy-snow-for-next-few-days

might be worth people having a quick look.....

Great news,last week weather ideal,couldn't get on with job this week,loads of welding outdoors to do,

Snow means... Miss kink and I can make zombie snowmen again yay!

Freaks out the adults,

But kids love them...

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I love wearing my thermals round the house. I can see why you girls wear leggings.

so in between trips to snowboarding destinations we are going to get some white stuff here at home ... what's not to like?

» Add a new message to this topic