FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Crap Runners’ Club WEEK EIGHT (19-25 Feb) PART TWO!!!

Fab Crap Runners’ Club WEEK EIGHT (19-25 Feb) PART TWO!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Happy chatting lovely running peeps.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itch and TwatCouple  over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

Ooh, am I first?

Cambridge

STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS

FAB CRAP RUNNERS' CLUB SOCIAL!!!!!!!

We are having a Fab Crap Runners' Club social at the end of week nine. Everyone is welcome (runners, coaches and supporters).

Date:

Saturday 3rd March at 9am (meet from 8.30am)

Venue:

Great Denham parkrun http://www.parkrun.org.uk/greatdenham/

Followed by:

Coffee, cake and gossip at about 10am at Brewers' Fayre, Marsh Leys, MK42 7FY

What to do:

Put the date in your diary and register for free with parkrun on the link above. I'll figure out the finer details ASAP.

RSVP:

Please let me know on this thread if you're intending to come along. All welcome.

Near Rushden Lakes

"STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS

FAB CRAP RUNNERS' CLUB SOCIAL!!!!!!!

We are having a Fab Crap Runners' Club social at the end of week nine. Everyone is welcome (runners, coaches and supporters).

Date:

Saturday 3rd March at 9am (meet from 8.30am)

Venue:

Great Denham parkrun http://www.parkrun.org.uk/greatdenham/

Followed by:

Coffee, cake and gossip at about 10am at Brewers' Fayre, Marsh Leys, MK42 7FY

What to do:

Put the date in your diary and register for free with parkrun on the link above. I'll figure out the finer details ASAP.

RSVP:

Please let me know on this thread if you're intending to come along. All welcome. "

Moobs Twat will be there, and so will Bitch (but she’s only after the cake afterwards and to keep a beady eye on how many bjs Twat is trying to solicit)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hola.

Posting so I don't loose this thread

Cambridge

"Hola.

Posting so I don't loose this thread "

He’s slow with this tea isn’t he? Maybe his moobs are getting in the way...

Near Rushden Lakes

"Hola.

He’s slow with this tea isn’t he? Maybe his moobs are getting in the way... "

Hey that’s very cheeky...it’s still brewing...and I haven’t had the confirmation from Ms Waterfalls about whether I have actually obtained permission for a morning MFF...oops, meant cuddle...

"Hola.

Swing low, sweet chariot...

Hey that’s very cheeky...it’s still brewing...and I haven’t had the confirmation from Ms Waterfalls about whether I have actually obtained permission for a morning MFF...oops, meant cuddle... "

As long as I get to keep to the warm, snuggly temperature I am currently at, do whatever you like

Near Rushden Lakes

"Hola.

Swing low, sweet chariot...

Hey that’s very cheeky...it’s still brewing...and I haven’t had the confirmation from Ms Waterfalls about whether I have actually obtained permission for a morning MFF...oops, meant cuddle...

As long as I get to keep to the warm, snuggly temperature I am currently at, do whatever you like "

I’ll get my coat, see you later Bitch...ouch, why are you hitting me!

By *sylockeWoman  over a year ago

East Anglia

Morning all. I can’t run at parkrun as I have injured my knee so will be volunteering today applauding all the amazing runners.

Hope everyone running today has a good run.

East Anglia

What did you listen to when you are running? I listen to serial killer podcasts to take my mind off the pain!

Near Rushden Lakes

"What did you listen to when you are running? I listen to serial killer podcasts to take my mind off the pain! "

The sounds of things around me and my breathing...rarely run to music and then only off road...

"What did you listen to when you are running? I listen to serial killer podcasts to take my mind off the pain!

The sounds of things around me and my breathing...rarely run to music and then only off road..."

I only started running to music last week and quite like it. I'm sooooooooooo not technical minded and up to date with app thingys.

I didn't have a clue what Spotify was... until someone from work told me about it so been running to dance/trance stuff

East Anglia

"What did you listen to when you are running? I listen to serial killer podcasts to take my mind off the pain!

The sounds of things around me and my breathing...rarely run to music and then only off road..."

Yes, I thought I would love listening to music but found it really noisy. Started listening to audible and then podcasts.

East Anglia

The sounds of things around me and my breathing...rarely run to music and then only off road...

I only started running to music last week and quite like it. I'm sooooooooooo not technical minded and up to date with app thingys.

I didn't have a clue what Spotify was... until someone from work told me about it so been running to dance/trance stuff "

What is Spotify? Is it like iTunes?

I didn't have a clue what Spotify was... until someone from work told me about it so been running to dance/trance stuff

What is Spotify? Is it like iTunes?"

Your asking me.... it's something that plays music when I press play

Near Rushden Lakes

Yes, I thought I would love listening to music but found it really noisy. Started listening to audible and then podcasts. "

I’m the same with music while working, the words distract my thought processes...so instrumental is OK...like my favourite “modern classical” composer Ludovico Einaudi...if you like piano then look him up...especially iL Onde (the wave) which you may have heard as incidental music on TV...

East Anglia

What is Spotify? Is it like iTunes?

Your asking me.... it's something that plays music when I press play "

I kinda get it!

Cambridge

Yes, I thought I would love listening to music but found it really noisy. Started listening to audible and then podcasts.

I’m the same with music while working, the words distract my thought processes...so instrumental is OK...like my favourite “modern classical” composer Ludovico Einaudi...if you like piano then look him up...especially iL Onde (the wave) which you may have heard as incidental music on TV..."

I like Mahna Mahna by the Muppets.

Near Rushden Lakes

I’m the same with music while working, the words distract my thought processes...so instrumental is OK...like my favourite “modern classical” composer Ludovico Einaudi...if you like piano then look him up...especially iL Onde (the wave) which you may have heard as incidental music on TV...

I like Mahna Mahna by the Muppets.

"

You’re risking a nickname you know - we do those - oh no, it’s too easy PMSFL...

Cambridge

So who’s running today? I’m aiming for 4.5km without taking a bus, calling a cab or dying.

I'm running. Although at the moment my kit is in the bedroom where the good lady is fast asleep, so using that as an excuse to sit on the sofa with a cuppa and watch the curling

I used to do a quick power walk/jog round my village every morning before I went to work and really need to get back in the habit. Also It’s So Cold!! Has anyone heard of or done Race at your Pace?

"I used to do a quick power walk/jog round my village every morning before I went to work and really need to get back in the habit. Also It’s So Cold!! Has anyone heard of or done Race at your Pace?"

No, I've never heard of Race at your Pace.

I could Google it... but then again.... Can't be bothered... What does it involve? Have you done it?

Isn't it some kind of virtual race, where you register all your runs online over a monthly period, and see who "wins" based on who ran the furthest?

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Copied from their website:

"Race At Your Pace is a virtual running race like no other, choose your distance (either 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 or 200 miles) complete it over the whole month of March and receive a free compression top and medal in the post. Open to everyone regardless of your ability or location.

?

"We have organised a virtual challenge which can take place anywhere in the world at your own pace and includes any type of running or walking, including treadmill work. You run your own race at your pace, where ever you like.

?

"We have a 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 and 200 mile race, for all of which you have the entire month of March to complete. In return for your hard work and the small £14 entry fee you will receive a medal specific to the distance you entered and a free compression top in your size (RRP £15.95!) Please see images and more information below"

Virtual racing where you get physical medals is huge in the running community at the moment. I know a couple of friends that regularly do them.

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

Done my usual trick of waking up at 0905 on a Saturday morning. I so do want to join you all next Saturday but getting up at 0700 and feeling upto it might stop me.

Reporting in

Just catching up on here then off for a run

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"So who’s running today? I’m aiming for 4.5km without taking a bus, calling a cab or dying. "

I am later, choir first with me trying to look innocent after the debauchery at Libs last night.

I’m aiming for another no walking 5k.

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this but I’m looking forward to next week.

Slightly off topic but does anyone use fitbits, misfits or any kind of smart watches

"So who’s running today? I’m aiming for 4.5km without taking a bus, calling a cab or dying.

I am later, choir first with me trying to look innocent after the debauchery at Libs last night.

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this but I’m looking forward to next week."

And that from the woman whose mantra has always been "I hate running"

Usual 4 miles for me this morning, but for the first time this year, done without stopping, and without wanting to stop!

If I may, I'm gonna pause for a little moment of self-smugness........

"I used to do a quick power walk/jog round my village every morning before I went to work and really need to get back in the habit. Also It’s So Cold!! Has anyone heard of or done Race at your Pace?"

Only you can form that habit, but we can support you while you do. Go for it!!

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I’m going out for a run later but I need to wrap up it’s cold out there.

By *imidWoman  over a year ago

Stoke/Cheshire

Week 7 run 3, with the club this morning (missed run2 midweek) another 25 mins running under my belt.

Will there be other park run socials? I can't make 3rd and also I'm a week behind

Near Rushden Lakes

"Week 7 run 3, with the club this morning (missed run2 midweek) another 25 mins running under my belt.

Will there be other park run socials? I can't make 3rd and also I'm a week behind "

Undoubtedly there will be - let’s get the first one out of the way then we can plan the second one...x

"Usual 4 miles for me this morning, but for the first time this year, done without stopping, and without wanting to stop!

If I may, I'm gonna pause for a little moment of self-smugness........"

Enjoy your smugness

Cambridge

"Done my usual trick of waking up at 0905 on a Saturday morning. I so do want to join you all next Saturday but getting up at 0700 and feeling upto it might stop me. "

We need you to come Harry!

Cambridge

"So who’s running today? I’m aiming for 4.5km without taking a bus, calling a cab or dying.

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this but I’m looking forward to next week."

I think we need a fuller debauchery report!

Cambridge

"Usual 4 miles for me this morning, but for the first time this year, done without stopping, and without wanting to stop!

If I may, I'm gonna pause for a little moment of self-smugness........"

Well done. That’s excellent. 4 miles is good.

Cambridge

"I’m going out for a run later but I need to wrap up it’s cold out there. "

Hi Jay

How did it go?

Cambridge

"Week 7 run 3, with the club this morning (missed run2 midweek) another 25 mins running under my belt.

Will there be other park run socials? I can't make 3rd and also I'm a week behind "

Really well done! You’re flying now.

Yes, let’s do more socials. Until we lay eyes on each other we won’t know if we’re really fake profiles! (I’m really a trucker called Bernard).

Week 6 run 3.....22 mins of running! I didn't quite do it bloody uphills the killer, my breathing's ok just my legs don't want to run so i walked a couple of times but steava says i covered 5.7k at 8.59k pace

*strava

By *he DifferentiatorMan  over a year ago

Co Durham

That’s a canny pace you’ve got there and would finish well at your local ParkRun

Cambridge

"Week 6 run 3.....22 mins of running! I didn't quite do it bloody uphills the killer, my breathing's ok just my legs don't want to run so i walked a couple of times but steava says i covered 5.7k at 8.59k pace"

That sounds great to me. V v v well done. You should be v pleased.

"Week 6 run 3.....22 mins of running! I didn't quite do it bloody uphills the killer, my breathing's ok just my legs don't want to run so i walked a couple of times but steava says i covered 5.7k at 8.59k pace

That sounds great to me. V v v well done. You should be v pleased. "

I'm pleased I'm still running but gutted because my legs keep stopping on the uphill....but i had a chat with myself and I'm going to continue as i do and one day I'll be able to run up the hill lol

ely

"Done my usual trick of waking up at 0905 on a Saturday morning. I so do want to join you all next Saturday but getting up at 0700 and feeling upto it might stop me.

We need you to come Harry! "

Walked slowly up town, as normal pace was making me breathless. Got the bus home Just so fed up as want to be using strava and finding out just how unfit I am when running.

"Done my usual trick of waking up at 0905 on a Saturday morning. I so do want to join you all next Saturday but getting up at 0700 and feeling upto it might stop me.

Walked slowly up town, as normal pace was making me breathless. Got the bus home Just so fed up as want to be using strava and finding out just how unfit I am when running.

"

You can use strava, just download the app

Near Rushden Lakes

"That’s a canny pace you’ve got there and would finish well at your local ParkRun "

Ahem, parkrun (all lower case lol)...

Will do a run tomorrow just checking in so don't lose thread x

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this but I’m looking forward to next week.

I think we need a fuller debauchery report! "

I'm giving Topsy a lift down to parkrun next week, I'll get all the juicy details out of her during the drive down......

ely

You can use strava, just download the app "

Ha ha ha. Was recording 13 minute miles on it other week. Used it for ages cyclingwise.

Cambridge

We can do lifts too if anyone wants.

Near Rushden Lakes

Who is out this morning...with 6 days to go before our (first) social...

"Who is out this morning...with 6 days to go before our (first) social..."

Week 8, run 1 completed. Managed the 28 minutes OK, but was slower then the last run, hoped I could have done better .

Might have been due to the bitter cold weather or the amazing hop, skip and jump I did around an unexpected workman hole, which has appeared overnight, with no lighting or coverage

Near Rushden Lakes

"Who is out this morning...with 6 days to go before our (first) social...

Week 8, run 1 completed. Managed the 28 minutes OK, but was slower then the last run, hoped I could have done better .

Might have been due to the bitter cold weather or the amazing hop, skip and jump I did around an unexpected workman hole, which has appeared overnight, with no lighting or coverage "

Well done, hope you wore your ice skates...and also well done for not being the first A&E visit for the FCRC...Mrs T assume you’re on to a Health and Safety policy?

Cambridge

"Who is out this morning...with 6 days to go before our (first) social...

Might have been due to the bitter cold weather or the amazing hop, skip and jump I did around an unexpected workman hole, which has appeared overnight, with no lighting or coverage

Well done, hope you wore your ice skates...and also well done for not being the first A&E visit for the FCRC...Mrs T assume you’re on to a Health and Safety policy? "

I’m forging a risk assessment as we speak.

Cambridge

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM1971!!!

Adam is a very, very old man now. He’s not logged in yet but I expect that’s because he’s looking for his reading glasses or his slippers.

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 25/02/18 08:02:34]

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM1971!!!

Adam is a very, very old man now. He’s not logged in yet but I expect that’s because he’s looking for his reading glasses or his slippers. "

Happy birthday xx hope you have a good day xx

Near Rushden Lakes

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM1971!!!

Adam is a very, very old man now. He’s not logged in yet but I expect that’s because he’s looking for his reading glasses or his slippers. "

Zimmer frame for his “run” today then?

By *razyhorse58Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Good running all, any out for a crisp winter run this morning?

"Good running all, any out for a crisp winter run this morning?"

Nope. But I may do a fast waddle on the dog walk and a faster waddle on the treadmill later.

I’m still parked in week 5. This week I will smash it. Fingers crossed!

"Good running all, any out for a crisp winter run this morning?

Nope. But I may do a fast waddle on the dog walk and a faster waddle on the treadmill later.

I’m still parked in week 5. This week I will smash it. Fingers crossed! "

You can do it, you've come so far already, you're doing brilliantly! I had to re-take a week as I couldn't push myself to the next stage.

Go girl!!

West Midlands

[Removed by poster at 25/02/18 10:14:05]

West Midlands

You are all doing Amazingly, keep it up

Near Rushden Lakes

"You are all doing Amazingly, keep it up"

Says Young Mr Grace

London

Another (much slower) 5k non stop in the bag. It was hard going and now my knee goes clunk.

"Another (much slower) 5k non stop in the bag. It was hard going and now my knee goes clunk. "

Might have been hard, but you did it

Look after that knee, you're gonna need it next Saturday!!

Near Rushden Lakes

"Another (much slower) 5k non stop in the bag. It was hard going and now my knee goes clunk.

Look after that knee, you're gonna need it next Saturday!!"

Certain sexual positions need it too...

London

"Another (much slower) 5k non stop in the bag. It was hard going and now my knee goes clunk.

Look after that knee, you're gonna need it next Saturday!!"

I bloody am. Starting to regret it now but I won’t back out. I was half way round today and a lovely woman gave me the thumbs up and a ‘keep going’, I almost cried.

Nearly home, I was on a long incline and sinking deeper into my hips so I corrected my gait and over compensated my breathing which left me dizzy and hugging a tree for a few seconds, in front of all the Sunday strollers on New Walk. Cue me being very British and pretending to check my time/stretch, all the while trying not to vomit down my front.

It wasn’t a good run but it was a run.

By *ertsDrewMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

Keep up the good work folks. I took up running 4 years ago. Today I did the Baldock Beast Half Marathon in 1:59:28. Although now I am unable to walk upstairs!

Happy birthday Adam.

Feeling rather proud just dine my week 7 run 1 after not being very good for 1 week or so. Was ill then lazy. But did 5km in 35.39 so feeling bit chuffed I'm not back at square 1. Just have a clicky neck which isn't nice to listen to when running.

Near Rushden Lakes

"Keep up the good work folks. I took up running 4 years ago. Today I did the Baldock Beast Half Marathon in 1:59:28. Although now I am unable to walk upstairs!"

Well done Drew...best that magic 2 hour mark!

Look after that knee, you're gonna need it next Saturday!!

I bloody am. Starting to regret it now but I won’t back out. I was half way round today and a lovely woman gave me the thumbs up and a ‘keep going’, I almost cried.

Nearly home, I was on a long incline and sinking deeper into my hips so I corrected my gait and over compensated my breathing which left me dizzy and hugging a tree for a few seconds, in front of all the Sunday strollers on New Walk. Cue me being very British and pretending to check my time/stretch, all the while trying not to vomit down my front.

It wasn’t a good run but it was a run."

Running up New Walk is a challenge, it's a fair old climb!

Kudos to you for choosing that route!

Happy birthday Adam

ely

After the heavy excesses of dinner, theatre and the shortest gentlest shag ever performed by me last night I am having an afternoon nap!

Happy Birthday Adam

Update my legs wouldn't run yesterday for my planned session. Barely managed 1k calves just too painful. Managed 2.5k this morning whilst my Sunday roast was cooking

Cambridge

NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD...

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/732149

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"Happy birthday Adam "

Thank you, I am now even older but I was old before anyway. I can’t remember if I put my real birthday into my Fab profile or not, but also I walk into a room and can’t remember why I went in

Running tonight though

Cambridge

NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD...

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/732149

» Add a new message to this topic