FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Our friends at the Inland Revenue

Our friends at the Inland Revenue

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tingly Byron OP   Man  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Eeedjits............

On the 22nd October 2017 you owe us £802.96 for an underpayment of Tax.

21st January 2018 you owe us £516.94 for an underpayment of Tax.

14th February (received today) you owe us £1842.06 for an underpayment of Tax.

I keep writing and telling them I dont, why wont they listen to me.................

I had exactly the same problem last year, b4stards even put a debt Collection agency onto me, before finally conceding that I didnt owe them a penny.

Are they all fecking stupid??????

As you were.............

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Rant approved

In a town Fab forgot

"Rant approved "

Ah, yes, er, ahhhhh, sorry, bit late there really.......

*must try harder

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hate the inland revenue. In fact, most government agencies are useless, one hand doesn’t know what the other hand is doing

They owed me nearly 10k for ages. Dealing with them is the worst.

Sorry to go against the flow but I deal with HMRC on a regular basis and have never had any problems with them. Another thing to think about is that just like you and I, they are only human and make mistakes.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Oooh bloomin 'eck, I'd forgotten all about my tax return, good job you reminded me! !

I got hit with that last year also

They are taking it out of my wages and I'm a low income earner as it is :-/

And a single mum and I work 5 days a week and just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel

If you think about it, they are very very busy people, they have to process around 70% of every thing you earn, I won't even start to list the various taxes! They have nearly all of everyone's hard earned money to deal with. Who pulls them up when they make mistakes?

I think most government agencies either run very well and efficiently or they seem to be worse than useless.

The best thing to do us use an accountant go deal with them for you, mist accountants will have people they deal with directly within the revenue if they need to.

It often works out that you will make other savings using an accountant that way too.

Given the huge cuts in budgets and staff the civil service has been hit by, I think they do as well as they can. If they weren't there you'd soon notice.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"Rant approved

Ah, yes, er, ahhhhh, sorry, bit late there really.......

*must try harder

"

You should know better

HMRC couldn't screw up more if they tried.

Ex received a phone call to say we owe £5000 odd from overpaid tax credits from our previous joint claim, payable immediately. I call and told there's no debt. Ex calls back straight after me, as I sit next to him and again he's told we jointly owe £5k. I asked in November 2017 for a breakdown of how the debt was accrued since they claim it was over several years. So far we've yet to see any letters or have any further contact from them.

Given that we both work I don't think we've had £5000 in payments from them in the last 11 years!

I really dislike dealing with them. I've just sent 22k in corporation tax and 6k personal tax. Robbing so and so's

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

Had a problem with them a few years ago.

5% interest per day while under investigation for 5 months, the investigation was a farce,

reason

my accountant saved a builder a half a million pound tax bill so they targeted all of his clients in spite.

I now live abroad so will not g3t the same again

fingers crossed.

Just take cash...and fuck em

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

It's my opinion that it is a scam, they know x amount will pay and x amount wont, and overall they dont really care.

"Just take cash...and fuck em"

Advocating not declaring earnings? That's illegal and fucking irritating to those of us that earn legitimate money and pay our tax! You aren't "fucking them" you're fucking us tax payers. Thanks

Friends ?!!! I think not

In a town Fab forgot

"Eeedjits............

On the 22nd October 2017 you owe us £802.96 for an underpayment of Tax.

21st January 2018 you owe us £516.94 for an underpayment of Tax.

14th February (received today) you owe us £1842.06 for an underpayment of Tax.

I keep writing and telling them I dont, why wont they listen to me.................

I had exactly the same problem last year, b4stards even put a debt Collection agency onto me, before finally conceding that I didnt owe them a penny.

Are they all fecking stupid??????

As you were.............

"

This just gets better, yesterday I had a fourth demand from them for yet another sum.

So thats 4 letters regarding an alleged underpayment of taxes with 4 different amounts.

And the twats wonder why WE cant work our taxes out.....

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Rant approved "

Agreed

In a town Fab forgot

"Sorry to go against the flow but I deal with HMRC on a regular basis and have never had any problems with them. Another thing to think about is that just like you and I, they are only human and make mistakes."

I agree, they are only human and like the rest of us, do make mistakes.

The problem is, they make way too many mistakes. in any other environmet if you made that many mistakes in your job you'd get the sack.

With the added buggerance that their mistakes are so damn hard to put right.

I've spent hours on the phone with zero joy, plus four letters that remain unanswered.

Lat year they put a debt collector onto me for underpayment of tax, which i had to pay or risk a CCJ. 6 weeks later i got a full refund when they finally admitted theyd fucked up......

Unnacountable pricks.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The online portal is quite helpful you can chat with an advisor. I recently had a letter to state that I was due a refund and gleefully logged onto to their p800 online refund portal and it all went horribly wrong. They were very helpful using the chat function.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

That's what we get for having a system that insists on splitting tax into various rates and collection methods.

Would be far simpler to have a basic rate of tax taken through VAT. Then a higher rate of tax in addition that is the same for income or capital gains.

The tax rules are so vast no one can understand them. Tax credits add to the complication, but let's face it at least its not a country where the tax you pay is dependent on how much you are willing to bribe and corrupt officials.

"Oooh bloomin 'eck, I'd forgotten all about my tax return, good job you reminded me! ! "

Not again.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Sorry to go against the flow but I deal with HMRC on a regular basis and have never had any problems with them. Another thing to think about is that just like you and I, they are only human and make mistakes.

The problem is, they make way too many mistakes. in any other environmet if you made that many mistakes in your job you'd get the sack.

I've spent hours on the phone with zero joy, plus four letters that remain unanswered.

Lat year they put a debt collector onto me for underpayment of tax, which i had to pay or risk a CCJ. 6 weeks later i got a full refund when they finally admitted theyd fucked up......

Unnacountable pricks.

"

When you say too many is that as a proportion or in total.

Even if they get it right 99% of the time. That still roughly 400000 mistakes.

In a town Fab forgot

"Oooh bloomin 'eck, I'd forgotten all about my tax return, good job you reminded me! ! "

No need to thank me.

In a town Fab forgot

"Sorry to go against the flow but I deal with HMRC on a regular basis and have never had any problems with them. Another thing to think about is that just like you and I, they are only human and make mistakes.

Unnacountable pricks.

Even if they get it right 99% of the time. That still roughly 400000 mistakes. "

Well I can only talk about my own situation, but theyve made 5 mistakes already this time round.

4 letters stating 4 different amounts.

the 5th mistake being that there is no underpayment of tax in the first place.

I received a few letters last year saying I owed them over £20k In underpaid taxes. Considering I don’t earn that much it was obviously a mistake. But they hounded me for ages saying I had earned close to £600k for the year. As a nursery teacher I wish. Lol

It turns out it wasn’t even me in the end but somebody with the same name.

These people could ruin lives with their attitude and hounding of people.

"

Even if they get it right 99% of the time. That still roughly 400000 mistakes.

Well I can only talk about my own situation, but theyve made 5 mistakes already this time round.

4 letters stating 4 different amounts.

the 5th mistake being that there is no underpayment of tax in the first place.

"

I work in a big company (non government) where i can see just how easy it is with one piece of wrong data to be fed through system after system causing mistake after mistake and creating customers one inconvenience after another

It is surprisingly easy to happen with complicated system landscapes and humans who are all capable of errors

I guess the only difference is at the end of getting it sorted, a company where you are a customer would probably give you some small compensation for their error and turn the situation round to retain your business whereas hmrc cant do that and just leave you with a bad taste in your mouth

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

They fucked me over a number of years ago.

I received a tax rebate of £1500. Yay

Proceed to spend it on our wedding.

About a week after the wedding got a letter saying that they had made a mistake and I actually owed them £1500

Which was now£3000 due to the money they had given me plus a ridiculous interest rate and only 14days to pay up.

Well after many many letters and phonecalls, visit's to tax office lots of sleepless nights and stress.

6 months later.

Oh sorry Mr....... We made a mistake you are absolutely correct you don't owe us anything.

Had I not stood my ground I would have been three grand plus out of pocket probably had a ccj and God knows what else.

Moral.

Triple check,get them to check, check and check again before you cough up.

In a town Fab forgot

"They fucked me over a number of years ago.

I received a tax rebate of £1500. Yay

Proceed to spend it on our wedding.

About a week after the wedding got a letter saying that they had made a mistake and I actually owed them £1500

Which was now£3000 due to the money they had given me plus a ridiculous interest rate and only 14days to pay up.

Well after many many letters and phonecalls, visit's to tax office lots of sleepless nights and stress.

6 months later.

Oh sorry Mr....... We made a mistake you are absolutely correct you don't owe us anything.

Had I not stood my ground I would have been three grand plus out of pocket probably had a ccj and God knows what else.

Moral.

Triple check,get them to check, check and check again before you cough up."

if only it was easy to actually talk to them, or get them to respond to letters.

i'll be popping down to my local tax office later this week for a face to face.

trouble is, their local office is only open on Mondays and fridays.

And still they call me a "customer"....

» Add a new message to this topic