FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Struggling

Struggling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's now day 3 I'm struggling but need to succeed been 40yrs addicted

I did fail a little last night l had a couple of puff's and it really tasted bad

And now realise how bad my place smells after smoking inside I need to redecorate and wash all curtains and soft furnishings! I know I can't fail have to push through

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've never been a smoker so I can't relate. I do know a few people who have recently stopped after many years of smoking though, they all seem very pleased with their decision and proud of their accomplishment.

You've obviously stopped for a reason, keep up the hard work man, you can do it!

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Well done on making the decision. Remind yourself about the smell. Yuk.

I don't meet smokers as they kick off my asthma and kissing that Smokey smell is off putting to be polite.

Keep going. Stay strong. Enjoy more kissing in future xx

I stopped and started again briefly. I'm using an e cigarette. Really helps. Better than a vape. Stay strong. Don't beat yourself up for the odd slip

Thank you I can't look back now looking forward to getting away from all the nasty smells from 60 a day to 0 is not easy but will win

Stay strong Lovejoy 68, you can do it.

Good for you. It's hard if you enjoy smoking. I did. I slip now and then but the odd one won't hurt

"It's now day 3 I'm struggling but need to succeed been 40yrs addicted

I did fail a little last night l had a couple of puff's and it really tasted bad

And now realise how bad my place smells after smoking inside I need to redecorate and wash all curtains and soft furnishings! I know I can't fail have to push through

"

good luck just buy all new the smell doesn't go

I am trying not to use vape thing as I did try that to reduce but found I was just replacing one for other so has to be cold turkey for me

Think you are right buying new will be the way to go all nice and fresh

"Thank you I can't look back now looking forward to getting away from all the nasty smells from 60 a day to 0 is not easy but will win"

Really admire you for this, it’s not easy I’ve been trying so hard and I keep slipping back they are evil bastards and totally pointless that’s what I keep telling myself!!! Keep it up OP you will reap the rewards

Ms B

By *atureandhornyCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 21/02/18 08:30:36]

By *atureandhornyCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

I gave up in November so coming up to 4 months after a lifetime of smoking.Filthy habit and expensive. You said that you were smoking 60 a day, that's roughly £140/£150 a week . Put that amount away and treat yourself to a boss holiday at the end of the year. A friend has just come back from a cruise with her husband after doing this.

Think that's one of the things that's made it harder I have not bought cigs or tobacco in England since late 80s

Deffo looking forward to my next holiday I love sunshine hopefully be Peru for 3 weeks and maybe a little trip to Indonesia as well

By *untimes6969Man  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Keep at it, just remember why you're doing it - we all have our own reasons!

If the smell puts you off, lets be honest - who does like the smoke smell? Get a jar with butts in but only take the lid off when you need a reminder - it's powerful stuff, believe me!

Other options, there are lots available over the counter these days - mouth sprays, lozenges etc. These will help as you're withdrawing from Nicotine which is a very powerful drug!

If after a few weeks, you're still struggling - pop to your GP and get some advice, you can get some medication called champix which is supposed to stop all cravings whilst your body gets used to it!

Keep strong and good planning makes all the difference! Saving the money from each packet does focus the mind, doesn't matter how much you pay!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We went cold turkey over thirty years ago. In our opinion it's the only way.

Apart from the health and financial considerations the main reason I'm glad we did is the smell on clothes, hair and soft furnishings. Also smokers breath is very unpleasant no matter how many mints you suck.

Stick with it. It's worth it on many levels.

Keep at it- I stopped 10 years ago in May and it’s the best thing I’ve done to demonstrate to myself the power of will. You can do it. Keep telling yourself you’re never going to smoke again. You’ve stopped! Where there’s a Will there’s a way

All the best

Thank you for the support guys I really must do it cold turkey can't see docs around here for it they just send you to somewhere called quitters complete waste of time I will do it

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Thank you I can't look back now looking forward to getting away from all the nasty smells from 60 a day to 0 is not easy but will win"

» Add a new message to this topic