FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What a shit day I've had

What a shit day I've had

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've had to endure a busy day at work spending most of the shift cleaning all the screens by myself with little help.

Now I've have to cancel going out next week because none of my workmates want to help cover my shift.

Times like this just make me want to put my head through a brick wall until I drop dead

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"I've had to endure a busy day at work spending most of the shift cleaning all the screens by myself with little help.

Now I've have to cancel going out next week because none of my workmates want to help cover my shift.

Times like this just make me want to put my head through a brick wall until I drop dead "

Changing jobs might be an easier option? It sucks being a grown up sometimes eh?

Lou x

"I've had to endure a busy day at work spending most of the shift cleaning all the screens by myself with little help.

Times like this just make me want to put my head through a brick wall until I drop dead

Changing jobs might be an easier option? It sucks being a grown up sometimes eh?

Lou x "

The only option I have is to book my days off in advance so I don't get screwed over like I have last month

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm good at building walls if that's any help

Also if I was to change jobs to a job that had more hours and less free time, I would have no choice but to pack in my social life, leave fab and be at the job until I kill myself from the depression of having no life outside work

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Times like this just make me want to put my head through a brick wall until I drop dead "

Really? You can't go out one night so you want to die?

I know it's probably just frustration but, really?!

We all have really busy days and we all have to change plans sometimes. That's what grown ups do.

Is there more behind this feeling than just a busy day at work and cancelled plans?

We all have really busy days and we all have to change plans sometimes. That's what grown ups do.

Is there more behind this feeling than just a busy day at work and cancelled plans? "

Sorry. Its just due to my Aspergers, I get upset sometimes when things get screwed up. I always seem to go through a feeling of anger and then depression for rest of the day.

By *ueen of sleezeWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Well i have had ofsted today what a day

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is there more behind this feeling than just a busy day at work and cancelled plans?

Sorry. Its just due to my Aspergers, I get upset sometimes when things get screwed up. I always seem to go through a feeling of anger and then depression for rest of the day."

And to top it off kfc have no fucking chicken!!

Maidstone

"Also if I was to change jobs to a job that had more hours and less free time, I would have no choice but to pack in my social life, leave fab and be at the job until I kill myself from the depression of having no life outside work"

Blimey ... I wonder how the rest of us working people cope? Thank god I only have a full time job, 2 kids with after work activities and a house to run or I’d never see my friends.

If you’re really unhappy in your job, look for something else. If you don’t want to change jobs, there’s no point in complaining about it.

Sorry to sound harsh but I’ve been at work all day and I’m tired.

Lou x

Try working 60 hours a week!!

"Try working 60 hours a week!!"

I do,and go to the gym and swim aswell....a blokes work is never done

Maidstone

"Try working 60 hours a week!!"

Only 60? If only..

"Also if I was to change jobs to a job that had more hours and less free time, I would have no choice but to pack in my social life, leave fab and be at the job until I kill myself from the depression of having no life outside work

Blimey ... I wonder how the rest of us working people cope? Thank god I only have a full time job, 2 kids with after work activities and a house to run or I’d never see my friends.

If you’re really unhappy in your job, look for something else. If you don’t want to change jobs, there’s no point in complaining about it.

Lou x "

Sorry about that last comment but I just seem to be in that state of mind sometimes that when things get to much, it almost drives me mad. I try to control it but as soon as something goes wrong, I don't know what to do

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Also if I was to change jobs to a job that had more hours and less free time, I would have no choice but to pack in my social life, leave fab and be at the job until I kill myself from the depression of having no life outside work

Lou x

Sorry about that last comment but I just seem to be in that state of mind sometimes that when things get to much, it almost drives me mad. I try to control it but as soon as something goes wrong, I don't know what to do"

Do you have any coping strategies that would help?

Lou x

Sorry about that last comment but I just seem to be in that state of mind sometimes that when things get to much, it almost drives me mad. I try to control it but as soon as something goes wrong, I don't know what to do

Do you have any coping strategies that would help?"

I wish I knew

Maidstone

Lou x

Sorry about that last comment but I just seem to be in that state of mind sometimes that when things get to much, it almost drives me mad. I try to control it but as soon as something goes wrong, I don't know what to do"

Perhaps you should speak to your GP about how you feel. But I would seriously recommend a change of job if you’re really feeling let down by your colleagues and overworked, sometimes we outgrow things. X

Lou x

Perhaps you should speak to your GP about how you feel. But I would seriously recommend a change of job if you’re really feeling let down by your colleagues and overworked, sometimes we outgrow things. X "

I spoke to a doctor about this years ago about being depressed and all he said was that's life

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Lou x

I wish I knew"

I don't know anything about Aspergers but is there anyone you could talk to who could help you with finding ways to cope with your feelings?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Lou x

Perhaps you should speak to your GP about how you feel. But I would seriously recommend a change of job if you’re really feeling let down by your colleagues and overworked, sometimes we outgrow things. X

I spoke to a doctor about this years ago about being depressed and all he said was that's life"

See another doctor.

Maidstone

Lou x

I spoke to a doctor about this years ago about being depressed and all he said was that's life"

Mental health services have (supposedly) improved over recent years, it would be worth going back, maybe speaking to a different doctor would help. X

Lou x

I wish I knew

I don't know anything about Aspergers but is there anyone you could talk to who could help you with finding ways to cope with your feelings?"

I'm sure there is but right now, I haven't a clue

I missed a step on the ladder and pretty sure I sprained my ankle. It gets better though OP, we shall have good Karma in our next life

Lou x

I spoke to a doctor about this years ago about being depressed and all he said was that's life

Mental health services have (supposedly) improved over recent years, it would be worth going back, maybe speaking to a different doctor would help. X "

I'm sure it would. For the time being, all I could do when I'm like this is sleep it off. It usually works but after so many weeks, it happens again going through anger and then depression

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Chin up it can be hard at times. xx

"Chin up it can be hard at times. xx

"

Yeah. Working in a cinema can be hard sometimes especially during half term

Have a chat with yourself in the mirror,it works wonders,it makes you stronger

"Have a chat with yourself in the mirror,it works wonders,it makes you stronger"

In other words sometimes the only person that can help you,is you

"Have a chat with yourself in the mirror,it works wonders,it makes you stronger

In other words sometimes the only person that can help you,is you"

Great book called " dont sweat the small stuff"

I had to have a little peek at it myself today

I had to have a little peek at it myself today "

I got really annoyed when reading that book,ended up throwing it through the window and putting my foot through the door

I had to have a little peek at it myself today

I got really annoyed when reading that book,ended up throwing it through the window and putting my foot through the door"

Hah hah

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Tomorrow is another day...

"Tomorrow is another day..."

Yep. Another shit day at work serving self entitled twats who I wish should fuck off somewhere else

We’re all adults, you can quit your job whenever you want to. Suck it up, go to work, and stop bitching

I'm going to bed. I'll probably or probably not feel better in the morning

By *alel77Man  over a year ago

London

“That’s life” advice from your doctor is absolutely terrible.

Life can be just life for most people, but the fewer that have mental illness or trouble coping, it’s a living nightmare.

As already posted, change doctors and get advice, learn coping strategies and possibly medication to help you whilst you learn to control your emotions.

London

"We’re all adults, you can quit your job whenever you want to. Suck it up, go to work, and stop bitching"

Not so easy for someone with a disorder like Aspergers, bitching is the least of there worries.

I work nights

Zero social life. Suck it up buttercup.

I walked out of a very well paid job that was really stressing me out - for the sake of my health and relationship.

I now work in a circumcision parlour - the basic pay is crap - but I do get lots of tips

The only person who can change your life for the better is you. See another doctor. Look for self help groups in your area. Listen to the advice people here have given you. If you want a specific day off then ask in advance, you cant really blame your co workers for not wanting to change shifts.

You have posted threads like this before but if you really want change then do something about it.

Good luck

evesham

Are there any asperger charities that can out you in touch with professionals who can teach you coping techniques and how to rationalise things better? To feel like you want to die because you had a busy day is pretty extreme to say the least.

You say you work in a cinema but getting another job would mean working more hours and having less of a social life but I can't imagine how that would be true.

Any job involving Joe public is going to include people thinking they are better than you because they are the customer. If you don't like that then find a job that isn't customer facing. There are loads of them about that are probably better paid than a cinema.

After waking up with a clearer head, I'm taking back the things I've said in the posts about dying as I regret saying these things and nothing is worth killing myself over.

As for my job, it's sort of a love/hate thing where on some days I enjoy it and on some days, I hate it especially on busy days when we're low on staff.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

You sound a little more positive so that's a good thing!

"You sound a little more positive so that's a good thing!"

Yeah. After some thinking, I've decided to make sure I plan ahead from now on by selecting certain days I want to book off

evesham

"After waking up with a clearer head, I'm taking back the things I've said in the posts about dying as I regret saying these things and nothing is worth killing myself over.

As for my job, it's sort of a love/hate thing where on some days I enjoy it and on some days, I hate it especially on busy days when we're low on staff."

Good on you for reflecting on it and adjusting your attitude. No job is perfect and staffing levels will always be an issue as bosses balance the books.

"After waking up with a clearer head, I'm taking back the things I've said in the posts about dying as I regret saying these things and nothing is worth killing myself over.

As for my job, it's sort of a love/hate thing where on some days I enjoy it and on some days, I hate it especially on busy days when we're low on staff."

If there’s something important you’d like to do can you pre-book annual leave instead of relying on colleagues to swap shifts...?

London

Good man

As for my job, it's sort of a love/hate thing where on some days I enjoy it and on some days, I hate it especially on busy days when we're low on staff.

If there’s something important you’d like to do can you pre-book annual leave instead of relying on colleagues to swap shifts...?"

That's what I'm going to do from now on

Good on you for reflecting on it and adjusting your attitude. No job is perfect and staffing levels will always be an issue as bosses balance the books. "

Thanks. Yeah that is true

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

https://youtu.be/Ao5Kq0hJwzY

You're not alone!

» Add a new message to this topic