FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nectar points......not as boring as you may think

Nectar points......not as boring as you may think

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a question really.

Would adding your personal nectar details (without permission)to a company account be classed as theft?

I for one think it is, may not seem like much but company accounts can mass quite a few thousand points easily

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hmm, not sure about theft as such if the company isn’t intent on claiming them themselves (or maybe it is!?) but certainly dubious!

I know people who collect airmiles when they travel with work so it’s probably a bit like that?

Sorry, that didn’t answer your question at all didn’t it!?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Just a question really.

Would adding your personal nectar details (without permission)to a company account be classed as theft?

I for one think it is, may not seem like much but company accounts can mass quite a few thousand points easily "

Who added them .... you or the company

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think it would be seen as being a bit naughty! Not really worth the risk.

We have unregistered store cards with thousands on. The powers that be are waiting to see who registers it before they pounce. The staff member has been swiping it when people forget to bring theirs in.

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

My bro uses his nectar card when he fills up the company van

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

Alongside a all star company fuel card

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Just a question really.

I for one think it is, may not seem like much but company accounts can mass quite a few thousand points easily

Who added them .... you or the company "

No I don't have a nectar card lol

It was someone else in the company who's desperately trying to cover her tracks by making a massive fuss of now arranging a company nectar account

It is fraud if you do it without permission from your company.

Also why should an individual benefit unless the points are spread across your company?

If the firm is entrusting you to make payments on their behalf, you should act with integrity.

Others might see it as being no more serious than stealing stationery, but it all comes out of company profits which could mean the difference between success and failure.

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes, it is theft and fraud.

This man was convicted last year of doing it.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/scarborough-man-in-sainsbury-s-nectar-card-fraud-of-more-than-95-000-reward-points-1-8625201

I use my Tesco club card when I fill up my car...but my company pays for the fuel, never thought of it as theft tbh.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

It all depends on company policy, many do forbid it.

You can also get a business nectar account.

If in doubt get written permission to collect the points on your own account.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think it would be seen as being a bit naughty! Not really worth the risk.

We have unregistered store cards with thousands on. The powers that be are waiting to see who registers it before they pounce. The staff member has been swiping it when people forget to bring theirs in."

Bloomin eck someone will be in big trouble!

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

"My bro uses his nectar card when he fills up the company van "

So do I, The company didn't apply for the card I did

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Just a question really.

I for one think it is, may not seem like much but company accounts can mass quite a few thousand points easily "

Yes; unless explicitly endorsed by the company concerned. The same goes for airmiles etc. I've known people to lose employment over this.

Yes, it is fraudulent. In the same way it would be a safeguarding issue and financial abuse if a paid professional care worker supporting a service user to purchase their weekly shop added the nectar points to their, the paid professional care worker’s personal card,

from the service user’s shop.

"My bro uses his nectar card when he fills up the company van

So do I, The company didn't apply for the card I did "

But if the company is paying for the petrol then it is not your points to claim on the card...

"I use my Tesco club card when I fill up my car...but my company pays for the fuel, never thought of it as theft tbh."

It’s a common mistake.

By *iceButtSlimMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

You'll probably find that it's a benefit that is taxable, so if it's not done and accounted for properly then you could have the tax man knocking.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

But if the company is paying for the petrol then it is not your points to claim on the card..."

Its not in my companies rules about using the van, They haven't registered any nectar cards themselves and haven't ask us to collect them either so I do it myself

But if the company is paying for the petrol then it is not your points to claim on the card...

Its not in my companies rules about using the van, They haven't registered any nectar cards themselves and haven't ask us to collect them either so I do it myself"

It doesn’t have to be explicitly there. I’d be careful.

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"

Its not in my companies rules about using the van, They haven't registered any nectar cards themselves and haven't ask us to collect them either so I do it myself"

I might take a coffee break to read through 'the rules' line by line.

It might be a great break when it's all going well, but losing your job and possibly your pension (Public sector employees), isn't quite so good.

The person I have knowledge of was purchasing wine for a military mess at Tesco; he thought it would be OK to link the purchases to his Tesco ClubCard.

It wasn't.

By *ocks99Man  over a year ago

Reading

"Just a question really.

Yes; unless explicitly endorsed by the company concerned. The same goes for airmiles etc. I've known people to lose employment over this."

Interviewed for a company that would have meant spending one week a month in the far east. The said the Air Miles were a bonus :o .....

By *inkyfun2013Couple  over a year ago

lewisham

I'm self-employed and had a tax inspection by HMRC a few years ago and had to give them access to my personal Nectar account as they said any cash bonuses claimed through work purchases was taxable.

I had several hundred pounds worth of points which I had to pay tax on. I bloody hate HMRC!

» Add a new message to this topic