FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do Police dogs get paid?

Do Police dogs get paid?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ain n Mable OP   Woman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

After watching the Police show "Let the dogs out" I was wondering, do Police dogs get a wage? Or are they paid in doggie biscuits?

Maybe they are on Zero hour contracts but surely a tennis ball to play with is no reward for putting their lives on the line everyday to keeping Britain crime free?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

After watching the Police show "Let the dogs out" I was wondering, do Police dogs get a wage? Or are they paid in doggie biscuits?

Maybe they are on Zero hour contracts but surely a tennis ball to play with is no reward for putting their lives on the line everyday to keeping Britain crime free? "

I should think that they get more than a tennis ball ie they get food and kennels

"

Maybe they are on Zero hour contracts but surely a tennis ball to play with is no reward for putting their lives on the line everyday to keeping Britain crime free? "

Course they do - haven't you heard of the "dog pound"

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

How can you pay an animal in money? An animal cannot understand the concept of currency, or enter into a transaction involving the transfer of money.

"How can you pay an animal in money? An animal cannot understand the concept of currency, or enter into a transaction involving the transfer of money.

"

Is this a serious response? To what can only be a joke question?

By *ibertine_mindsCouple  over a year ago

Staffs/ Derbys/ Peak District

"

Maybe they are on Zero hour contracts but surely a tennis ball to play with is no reward for putting their lives on the line everyday to keeping Britain crime free?

Course they do - haven't you heard of the "dog pound" "

Is a dog pound worth seven times more than a pound sterling . . . ?

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"How can you pay an animal in money? An animal cannot understand the concept of currency, or enter into a transaction involving the transfer of money.

Is this a serious response? To what can only be a joke question? "

Trust me, there's more.

Think they get their bonus gnawing on a baddies balls...not their tennis ones either

Leeds

I wondered if it was a joke question, but the way that the original post is framed, makes it look serious.

Even the zero hours contract is bizarre!

Milton Keynes

"

I should think that they get more than a tennis ball ie they get food and kennels"

The dog lives with its police officer partner, the officer cannot be expected to pay for the dogs food and vet bills when it works for a living surely? That's like my son working for the same company as me yet I pay him?

By *lbi niceMan  over a year ago

romsley

"

Course they do - haven't you heard of the "dog pound"

Is a dog pound worth seven times more than a pound sterling . . . ?"

They wouldn't be pounds sterling ,being German wouldn't they prefer the euro

Milton Keynes

"

The dog doesn't have a concept of money, but it costs money to feed it, vet bills, housing. So maybe it does have a bank account for the officer to use when needed??

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"

I should think that they get more than a tennis ball ie they get food and kennels

The dog lives with its police officer partner, the officer cannot be expected to pay for the dogs food and vet bills when it works for a living surely? That's like my son working for the same company as me yet I pay him? "

No. Working dogs are paid for by the service as long as they are working I believe. Could be wrong.... I'm sure someone will tell me i am.

evesham

The dog doesn't have a concept of money, but it costs money to feed it, vet bills, housing. So maybe it does have a bank account for the officer to use when needed??"

Again... The service will have accounts for which they pay for vets bills, food, car adaptations, kennels etc

Leeds

So it was a serious point. Wow!

It is no different to the police car. It costs to run that, but they don't set up a bank account for the Vauxhall Astra police car do they? Or perhaps you think that they do!

It's an expense of running the Police. They pay for the dog's training, food, vets bills etc, and it normally lives in it's handler's house as it has to have a bond with the Officer that it works with all the time.

The dog is not paid.

By *lbi niceMan  over a year ago

romsley

"So it was a serious point. Wow!

It is no different to the police car. It costs to run that, but they don't set up a bank account for the Vauxhall Astra police car do they? Or perhaps you think that they do!

Are they special dogs with aposable thumbs on their paws so they are able to clock in and out

It's an expense of running the Police. They pay for the dog's training, food, vets bills etc, and it normally lives in it's handler's house as it has to have a bond with the Officer that it works with all the time.

The dog is not paid."

Milton Keynes

The dog is not paid."

It wasn't a serious point, it was a serious question. Can't understand why you would need say Wow for the question.

So you think a living breathing animal is treated the same way a Vauxhall Astra? When an Astra smashes it's front wing it goes into the body shop and next day it's on the road again, if a dog smashes it's front leg it won't be back again for months, if at all, but it needs a monetary fund of some sort for rehabilitation.

So even though you are trying to insinuate that dogs don't get paid and amusing yourself at my question, you are actually saying they do get paid by the police force for feeding, vet bills, training and housing. I wasn't sure if the handler paid these bills but know I know.

The dog is paid.

Google is your best friend

Milton Keynes

"Google is your best friend "

Where's the fun in that? sometimes it's nice to hear people's opinions (good or bad)

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"...

Even the zero hours contract is bizarre!"

Welcome to Fabs forums and the crazy bizarreness herewith

They are paid with sausages, everyone knows dogs love to Nick a string of them. XXX

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

Throwing a bone to a cadaver dog may result in its handler getting grumpy

Milton Keynes

Thankfully, someone realises it was a light hearted question. God, some people are soooooo serious

Milton Keynes

"Throwing a bone to a cadaver dog may result in its handler getting grumpy

"

That might be my next thread. "Do cadaver dogs bury bones in the garden"

Yes in bisquits

"Google is your best friend "

No it's not. Google is a pain in the arse.

evesham

The dog is not paid.

It wasn't a serious point, it was a serious question. Can't understand why you would need say Wow for the question.

So you think a living breathing animal is treated the same way a Vauxhall Astra? When an Astra smashes it's front wing it goes into the body shop and next day it's on the road again, if a dog smashes it's front leg it won't be back again for months, if at all, but it needs a monetary fund of some sort for rehabilitation.

So even though you are trying to insinuate that dogs don't get paid and amusing yourself at my question, you are actually saying they do get paid by the police force for feeding, vet bills, training and housing. I wasn't sure if the handler paid these bills but know I know.

The dog is paid."

No. Its paid for.

The dog is not paid.

The dog is paid."

Does that mean that the dog gets sick pay when it smashes it's leg but the Astra doesn't when it smashes it's wing?

Does the dog get holiday pay as well? I think it should.

"Google is your best friend

No it's not. Google is a pain in the arse. "

Your obviously using it incorrectly

For someone that calls herself the brain...

"

They're very underpaid, they only get a few coppers.

Leeds

The dog is not paid.

The dog is paid.

Does that mean that the dog gets sick pay when it smashes it's leg but the Astra doesn't when it smashes it's wing?

Does the dog get holiday pay as well? I think it should."

I think the Astra should get paid too! And get redundancy pay when it is no longer used as a police car!

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

As far as I know in some areas of the UK the police run a pension fund for them too.

It's not a silly question, there is money paid to the dog as far as I know, but given to the handler. If the hander does not have the dog he does not get the money.

By *inky LizardCouple  over a year ago

west yorks

Do they get cigarette breaks?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I think they should get paid. It'd be woof if they didn't

Surely they get a pension ?

By *ndulge101Couple  over a year ago

Village life in West Yorks

Russian dog patrols in ww2 on the Russian front use to get daily vodka rations

Maybe anti freeze for the -20 + temps

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Alsatians get paid more than English Springer Spaniels, it's an absolute outrage I tell ya

Do police dogs get cuddles?

Do police dogs get to stretch out in front of the fire?

Are they paid (in Bonios) per criminal that they bite?

Do police dogs lick their handlers face?

Are police dogs allowed on the sofa?

Or are police dogs a bit more ruffty tuffty than civilian dogs?

Leeds

"As far as I know in some areas of the UK the police run a pension fund for them too.

It's not a silly question, there is money paid to the dog as far as I know, but given to the handler. If the hander does not have the dog he does not get the money."

He gets paid for being a dog handler, rather than just a PC. He gets extra, not the dog!

Leeds

"Alsatians get paid more than English Springer Spaniels, it's an absolute outrage I tell ya "

It's because an Alsatian comes from Alsace, and because the French are more liked by the EU than the English, they get paid more under the EU rules!

Are they special dogs with aposable thumbs on their paws so they are able to clock in and out

The dog is not paid."

Bloody hell mate, lighten up. I really don’t think the OP posed a serious question. I would have thought that was obvious.

Leeds

The OP did pose a serious question. Read her further posts! She was very serious!

I wonder if bitches are paid less ...?

Police Dog = Land Shark

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Alsatians get paid more than English Springer Spaniels, it's an absolute outrage I tell ya

It's because an Alsatian comes from Alsace, and because the French are more liked by the EU than the English, they get paid more under the EU rules!"

So Germam Shepherds have to apply for a work permit then

Milton Keynes

"As far as I know in some areas of the UK the police run a pension fund for them too.

It's not a silly question, there is money paid to the dog as far as I know, but given to the handler. If the hander does not have the dog he does not get the money.

He gets paid for being a dog handler, rather than just a PC. He gets extra, not the dog!

"

So the dogs wages get paid into the handlers bank account? That makes sense.

Leeds

The dog doesn't get wages for the last time! Be serious.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"The dog doesn't get wages for the last time! Be serious. "

How about for the first time?

Leeds

Maybe some Pedigree Chum the first time, but never wages!

"Do police dogs get cuddles?

Do police dogs get to stretch out in front of the fire?

Are they paid (in Bonios) per criminal that they bite?

Do police dogs lick their handlers face?

Are police dogs allowed on the sofa?

Or are police dogs a bit more ruffty tuffty than civilian dogs?"

Rarely

Sometimes

No

Sometimes

They sit wherever the fuck they like

Yes

Milton Keynes

"Maybe some Pedigree Chum the first time, but never wages!"

Payment of any kind, be it food, housing, vet bills, new sqeekey toys, leads, dog collars with LED lighting are classed as wages. Why are you so against the idea that they are payroll in one capacity or another?

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"They sit wherever the fuck they like"

Mine didn't. He used creep up on the bed occasionally though, the little critter

I loved him to bits though

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

"

I do know they only are allowed to work 4 hrs a day

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Any animal that works does not get money for the job they do.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"

"

No he gets extra, when the dog retires he gets up to 500 extra a year on top of his salary that is to be used for food for the dog.

Just use google.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"

Maybe they are on Zero hour contracts but surely a tennis ball to play with is no reward for putting their lives on the line everyday to keeping Britain crime free? I do know they only are allowed to work 4 hrs a day "

Unlike guide dogs who work 24/7

You're all barking mad.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"You're all barking mad.

"

Woof Woof

Milton Keynes

"

Maybe they are on Zero hour contracts but surely a tennis ball to play with is no reward for putting their lives on the line everyday to keeping Britain crime free? I do know they only are allowed to work 4 hrs a day "

But if the dog handler is off work ill on full sick pay, the unfortunate dog can't work. So then surely it's on a Zero hour contract? or does the dog also gets full sick pay aswell?

What about police horses ?

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"What about police horses ? "

They get bailed out

Leeds

But do they get wages?

Yea or neigh?

Was a serious question , stop horsing around

Milton Keynes

"But do they get wages?

Yea or neigh?"

Each month Eric gets money in his bank account, he puts his little doggy coat on and goes up the town, gets a coffee first and has a chat to Janice behind the counter, the nice lady who gives him a free biscuit, then he goes off to look at the clothes and chooses a nicer doggy coat, he rips the tags off and parades around with his new threads. Then he goes home and runs a nice hot bath with scented candles, before hitting the swingers club around 9, he shakes his tush at any passing dog and then goes for a sniff about and catches the eye of Eve, the poodle, they make eyes over two dogs going for it bareback, he casually goes over and well... you know the rest.

Geeky x

Leeds

We do know the rest!

Someone starts a thread on Fabswingers complaining that there was a dog having bareback sex in a swingers club last night.

Bareback sex!

And it was supposed to be couples and single females only night!

"

Dear lord time to go UNLOS

"Any animal that works does not get money for the job they do.

"

Not even sheepdogs? Have you seen how hard they work and how skilled they are! What if they fancy a pint or new shoes?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

The sniffer dogs at Dover docks get free drugs rehab when they retire.

My friends got a sniffer dog. It didn't finish it's basic training as it was deemed unsuitable due to it's preference for food rather than drugs. Sensible dog if you ask me.

I think it would have only been on a minimum wage while training and probably wasn't there long enough to have built up a pension.

Is this a serious response? To what can only be a joke question?

Trust me, there's more."

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"

The dog lives with its police officer partner, the officer cannot be expected to pay for the dogs food and vet bills when it works for a living surely? That's like my son working for the same company as me yet I pay him? "

The police authority pay food and vet bills. They have nice big kennels in the handlers garden and when retired go off to a nice home somewhere. My friend has hers rehomed in wales on a farm.

» Add a new message to this topic