FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Looked at by those with hidden profiles..

Looked at by those with hidden profiles..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olarfox OP   Man  over a year ago

North Cambs

Do you ever get a bit annoyed by those who check you out but have their own profiles hidden? Seems a bit like peeping from behind the curtains to me...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What about those that look in stealth mode ?

North Cambs

"What about those that look in stealth mode ?

"

Hmmm...well, I don't really mind that, as, unless they contact me, I don't know they've been looking.

I imagine that most of us single guys regularly check out our 'who's looked at me lists' and I just get a bit frustrated when I try to look at someone who has recently checked me out only to find a hidden profile - and it happens a lot

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Hmmm...well, I don't really mind that, as, unless they contact me, I don't know they've been looking.

I imagine that most of us single guys regularly check out our 'who's looked at me lists' and I just get a bit frustrated when I try to look at someone who has recently checked me out only to find a hidden profile - and it happens a lot "

I enjoy not knowing. If they wanted to message they would have. Nothing worse on fab than the "i saw you peeking lol" message.

Do you insist that people remove their sunglasses in public just in case they are having a sneaky peek at you?

North Cambs

"Do you insist that people remove their sunglasses in public just in case they are having a sneaky peek at you? "

No, but if someone came up to me dressed in nothing but a sheet with two tiny eye holes and stood there in front of me checking me out, I might clear my throat and say excuse me...lol

Don't go to an Arab country then

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"Do you ever get a bit annoyed by those who check you out but have their own profiles hidden? Seems a bit like peeping from behind the curtains to me..."

Hiding one's profile is not always about you, OP. You don't know what is happening with them, both on and away from Fab.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Don't mind the once but if they keep looking with a hidden profile I block them as it naffs me off lol that they are looking at us but we can't see them... Grrrrr!!

never annoyed by anyone looking at me whether their profile is hidden or not.

Doesn't it make you think the person/people are not genuine? Just on here to perve?

But if they were interested they would get in contact with you, so the point of whether the profile is hidden or not is moot. How do you cope with the schrodinger's cat problem of when a profile is hidden and on stealth mode? You'll neither know if it's hidden or stealthy so you'll never know whether a hidden stealthy profile is looking at your profile every minute of every day. Maybe even right now.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Don't go to an Arab country then "

Crying!

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

"Do you ever get a bit annoyed by those who check you out but have their own profiles hidden? Seems a bit like peeping from behind the curtains to me..."

Close your own curtains then

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"Do you insist that people remove their sunglasses in public just in case they are having a sneaky peek at you?

No, but if someone came up to me dressed in nothing but a sheet with two tiny eye holes and stood there in front of me checking me out, I might clear my throat and say excuse me...lol

"

Halloween ain't gonna be much fun for you.

By *eek2findMan  over a year ago

Wigan

How does one look without the user knowing?

Woooooo im a ghost woooooooo

"How does one look without the user knowing?"

Magic.

"But if they were interested they would get in contact with you, so the point of whether the profile is hidden or not is moot. How do you cope with the schrodinger's cat problem of when a profile is hidden and on stealth mode? You'll neither know if it's hidden or stealthy so you'll never know whether a hidden stealthy profile is looking at your profile every minute of every day. Maybe even right now. "

I don't know they are looking though if in stealth, I get this happens but we are oblivious to them, just those I can see looking bother me, why keep looking? Just to creepy for me, feels stalkerish (yes I made that word up lol)

It doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

I’ve been in stealth mode for over a year as I got a message from a lady that said “can I help you with something?” as I had looked at her profile so many times without messaging. Oops!

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

I imagine that most of us single guys regularly check out our 'who's looked at me lists' and I just get a bit frustrated when I try to look at someone who has recently checked me out only to find a hidden profile - and it happens a lot

I enjoy not knowing. If they wanted to message they would have. Nothing worse on fab than the "i saw you peeking lol" message. "

Yes there is; a hidden profile having a peek and not messaging

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"How does one look without the user knowing?"

Go in to your privacy settings, and select 'I don't show on people's profiles'. Now you've joined Stalkers R Us

"But if they were interested they would get in contact with you, so the point of whether the profile is hidden or not is moot. How do you cope with the schrodinger's cat problem of when a profile is hidden and on stealth mode? You'll neither know if it's hidden or stealthy so you'll never know whether a hidden stealthy profile is looking at your profile every minute of every day. Maybe even right now.

I don't know they are looking though if in stealth, I get this happens but we are oblivious to them, just those I can see looking bother me, why keep looking? Just to creepy for me, feels stalkerish (yes I made that word up lol) "

Oh, I was just winding the OP up with that statement.

I don't really pay attention at who looks at me or who doesn't. There's far more interesting profiles on here than mine and hardly anyone can message, wink or send me a friend request, so if they find my profile so interesting they can fill their boots.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

I haven't a clue who looks at me, not being a site supporter.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"But if they were interested they would get in contact with you, so the point of whether the profile is hidden or not is moot. How do you cope with the schrodinger's cat problem of when a profile is hidden and on stealth mode? You'll neither know if it's hidden or stealthy so you'll never know whether a hidden stealthy profile is looking at your profile every minute of every day. Maybe even right now.

I don't know they are looking though if in stealth, I get this happens but we are oblivious to them, just those I can see looking bother me, why keep looking? Just to creepy for me, feels stalkerish (yes I made that word up lol)

Oh, I was just winding the OP up with that statement.

I don't really pay attention at who looks at me or who doesn't. There's far more interesting profiles on here than mine and hardly anyone can message, wink or send me a friend request, so if they find my profile so interesting they can fill their boots. "

I'm 99 honest

By *uratoMan  over a year ago

Monmouthshire

"But if they were interested they would get in contact with you, so the point of whether the profile is hidden or not is moot. How do you cope with the schrodinger's cat problem of when a profile is hidden and on stealth mode? You'll neither know if it's hidden or stealthy so you'll never know whether a hidden stealthy profile is looking at your profile every minute of every day. Maybe even right now. "

I agree with you on you on this one. Your profile is here to be seen.

wheter you know who's looking or not, they'll contact you if they're interested.

Doesn't seem like something to dwell about to me.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I dont get annoyed about that Mr Fox but if they message me that's a different story!!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm more bothered when I get a message from a profile that is hidden, how am I supposed to know if I want to reply or not... Seems a waste of time

I take all views as a compliment, nice to know I've caught someone's eye

North Cambs

"Don't mind the once but if they keep looking with a hidden profile I block them as it naffs me off lol that they are looking at us but we can't see them... Grrrrr!! "

North Cambs

"Do you ever get a bit annoyed by those who check you out but have their own profiles hidden? Seems a bit like peeping from behind the curtains to me...

Hiding one's profile is not always about you, OP. You don't know what is happening with them, both on and away from Fab.

"

I realise that a hidden profile is not about me (its hidden from everyone) and I can understand why some people might hide a profile for a bit - wanting to take a break for example, but, if you are hiding and not participating 'properly', should you still be able to spend your time viewing others and checking out what's going on the whole time??

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

I don't often look at who's been looking at me, let alone check their profiles out so this is a moot point for me. I am however baffled by anyone who goes to the trouble of actually sending an introductory message while their profile remains hidden ... I mean, it'd have to be a rare exemplary message to get me to reply if I know nothing about them, yet this happens quite often ??

I hide my profile, sometimes.

I’m afraid I don’t consider the feelings of other people on Fab when I do so. Nor do I feel that I’m not using Fab, 'properly', when this is the case.

Or do you think people shouldn’t be allowed to look, if they’re 'hidden'?

North Cambs

"....Or do you think people shouldn’t be allowed to look, if they’re 'hidden'?"

I'm not sure about this one...I suppose I think there should be an element of 'you are either in and participating or you are out (albeit just for a temporary period)...I hadn't thought about it much until considering responses to my initial post..

Hmm.

Is that like the men who tell me, 'Fab is a sex site, love; it’s fuck or get out', when I’m not meeting?

Sounds awfully similar.

North Cambs

"Hmm.

Is that like the men who tell me, 'Fab is a sex site, love; it’s fuck or get out', when I’m not meeting?

Sounds awfully similar.

"

I think that is a bit uncalled for...

I enjoy not knowing. If they wanted to message they would have. Nothing worse on fab than the "i saw you peeking lol" message.

Yes there is; a hidden profile having a peek and not messaging "

Worse than that is a message saying why the fuck are you on fab, hope your cock falls off...

"Hmm.

Sounds awfully similar.

I think that is a bit uncalled for..."

I’m sorry it offended you, it offends me, too, when I get those messages!

I’m just of the opinion that people should be able to use Fab in precisely the way they want, without denigrating others for the same thing.

Surely using Fab 'properly', is always being respectful, while doing the above?

North Cambs

"Hmm.

Sounds awfully similar.

I’m just of the opinion that people should be able to use Fab in precisely the way they want, without denigrating others for the same thing.

Surely using Fab 'properly', is always being respectful, while doing the above?"

We were simply discussing different thoughts on the topic...and I certainly don't send any of the kind of messages you are describing

"Hmm.

Sounds awfully similar.

We were simply discussing different thoughts on the topic...and I certainly don't send any of the kind of messages you are describing"

I certainly didn’t imply that you did, darling, nor would I.

Just that the ethos was similar.

North Cambs

"Hmm.

Sounds awfully similar.

We were simply discussing different thoughts on the topic...and I certainly don't send any of the kind of messages you are describing

Just that the ethos was similar."

I suppose I hadn't considered that. Though, to be fair, I am also not awfully fond of those people who have no pictures or information at all on their profiles and simply mooch about looking at profiles of others....and yes, although they are not contravening any rules nor are they being rude, I do feel they are failing to use the site in the way it was intended. ..All just my personal feelings on the matter..

Nope! I can't say that it does. Plenty of other things grate my gears, but that ain't one of 'em

By *eek2findMan  over a year ago

Wigan

"

Just that the ethos was similar."

Gorgeous!

No. I'm not really that nosy and rarely check out someone who looked at me. I have men blocked, so they don't show on who looked at me and I'm only interested in men.

Yes there is; a hidden profile having a peek and not messaging

Worse than that is a message saying why the fuck are you on fab, hope your cock falls off..."

Report them.

[Removed by poster at 20/02/18 16:55:57]

No because people can view in stealth mode. Or they may be using a fake profile. No way of knowing if it's really a couple, a woman or a man.

Nope because I don’t look at who’s looked at me.

I don’t see the point of messaging someone new whilst hidden, seems like a waste of time because I won’t reply to that.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Never even bother looking at who's looked at me....

If they look or if they don't is outside my control.

And if they don't make contact then what's the point in even thinking about it much less getting bothered about what others do on here....

No

By *uratoMan  over a year ago

Monmouthshire

"Never even bother looking at who's looked at me....

If they look or if they don't is outside my control.

And if they don't make contact then what's the point in even thinking about it much less getting bothered about what others do on here...."

You've put it best. It's just not something you can do anything about, so just get it off your mind.

Also profiles that don't display public pics as in friend only yet thy want to look at everyone's elses

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

It doesn’t bother me but I don’t like it when someone messages saying they’ve shown my profile to a friend or FWB off the site. Now that is peeping from behind the curtains.

Why would it bother you? If they were interested, they would have made contact if they were interested.

"Also profiles that don't display public pics as in friend only yet thy want to look at everyone's elses"

They should be shot!!

» Add a new message to this topic