FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anxiety

Anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

May seem a daft question. But does anyone out there suffer with it. How do you deal with it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I suffer from it, and depression. And I dont ‘deal’ with it really. Some days I can be totally fine, others I can have panic attacks. I work with kids and sometimes I have to leave the room for 20 minutes or so to try and calm myself down and to try and prevent a panic attack.

Listening to the Harry Potter audio books soothes me though. Deep breathes. If I can feel a panic attack coming on I name a smell I like, a taste, a street name, and a car make.

I see a therapist and take tablets and I think they work a bit. X

At times it can strike. I can procrastinate like a pro, and appear to be fine when really it's totally buried beneath the veneer of a smile. It's not healthy when I do that, but let's me carry on functioning and getting through days until I feel I can face it and properly deal with shit.

By *uicy72Woman  over a year ago

North Colchester

I have Anxiety and panic attacks for many reasons!

Can’t really do much to stop them

My body just takes over

Not a good feeling at all !

My daughter and I both had one the weekend (almost bumped into ex/Dad)

Really wasn’t pleasant she shook for 3 hours

Good advice welcome here too

I suffer with anxiety along with bipolar, and ptsd (amongst other things). Some days are bad, some are good. I've found educating myself to be so helpful in understanding it all and learning how to deal with it better.

For me, music helps!

If you need help don't be afraid to ask for it!

Strumpet

Yep! I have anxiety & depression problems with a bit of PTSD thrown in for good measure.

Adult colouring books has helped me a hell of a lot, I started two years ago in August, by that October I was doing it daily and noticed a huge drop in my anxiety symptoms and they were practically non existent. Even an hour a day really helps.

One of my work colleagues is teaching me a lot about mindfulness techniques at the minute too. One is mindfulness meditation, where you purely focus on the exact sensations that you feel at that moment in time and your breathing, and if any other thoughts pop up, you acknowledge them then just let them wash away - I only learnt recently that it's a form of mindfulness but it's something I've been using to fall asleep for months and I'm just learning how to practice it at other times. Another is looking at your situation in a third person prospective - like yesterday, for example I was late for work and really panicking, but then I stepped out of the situation, and thought, well people at work will know it was a mistake, everyone's late at some point, I don't do it often and people will understand, and it was fine and nothing to worry about.

And also finding the right person/people you can talk to helps too. I only discovered last week just how prominent and out there poor mental health in my work place is, but also how many people there have time for others having a rough time.

Yes I suffer with anxiety and depression, some days are better than others. I’m good at putting on that face that says I’m fine when really all I want is to curl up and cry, I find that I let those days happen and face the following day with a fresh start x

Anyone tried hypnotherapy

By *ohnnyPhiveMan  over a year ago

buckingham

"May seem a daft question. But does anyone out there suffer with it. How do you deal with it. "

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, go and speak to your GP or try Neuro linguistic programming x

Suffered with it for the the lab 3 years since my kids were born. I'm much better now. I've done a couple of mindfulness courses and found them a great help.

Also OP, it's absolutely not a daft question at all.

I suffer with depression and i have bad days where i feel like im struggling to get through each day. Anyone got any advice on how to get thru the bad days or how to snap out of it?

"I suffer with depression and i have bad days where i feel like im struggling to get through each day. Anyone got any advice on how to get thru the bad days or how to snap out of it? "

Talk to someone, get it all out and then put on some happy music and dance around like an idiot. I promise it works!

Also...remind yourself that you've gotten through 100% of your bad days so far, it will always pass

» Add a new message to this topic