FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Help appreciated

Help appreciated

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone know if you can post yr pics on msn to a website....and how do you do it.....sorry im having a blonde moment....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *limBobStretchedPantsMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

No expert but surely it's a click save copy paste thing.. Are they pictures you have revived off msn or are they ones you have taken and want to upload???

Which website you trying to add them too ??

took on my built in webcam...and want to show on fabs..

Newcastle

Ok I would create a new folder on the desktop and save all your pictures to that folder. Open them up click save as and select desktop and whatever you called the new folder. Then using fab upload them from that folder. It should be easy lol xx

thankyou for yr help...will try that later...

Newcastle

Any time just let me look at them lol x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Having had this sony vaio for years I have never worked out the built in cam

If I open msn messenger and take a pic it saves it dead small on msn, but I have never been able to find the images on the laptop,

I love it when someone says change the settings and save it elsewhere easy!! Yeah if it was that easy we would have done it already

"Having had this sony vaio for years I have never worked out the built in cam

If I open msn messenger and take a pic it saves it dead small on msn, but I have never been able to find the images on the laptop,

I love it when someone says change the settings and save it elsewhere easy!! Yeah if it was that easy we would have done it already "

Normally when you save them it asks first where you want to put them. You can always just do a search for all your pics and find them that way.

Again, nope it didnt (ever) and nope tried searching for them before....

Even updated the drivers for it and spent some time nosing help forums...

Have just accepted it now and use my sd card slot to upload pictures of me from an external source.

Believe it or not I am not as thick as I come across, it showed me upside down once on a different forum and I managed to re-instal the drivers and stop that...

"Having had this sony vaio for years I have never worked out the built in cam

I love it when someone says change the settings and save it elsewhere easy!! Yeah if it was that easy we would have done it already "

SOme MSN background images are stored in a proprietary format, not as BMP or JPG and there are also storage folders for your conversations (some people don't realise all your convos get saved and can be read by prying eyes and you can set this folder in Messenger's options) but I suspect what's happening is your cam's software is taking the pic and storing it in a folder set in the software's settings rather than MSN's. I have a built-in cam and YouCam software, which decides where any images or videos I take are stored.

If your laptop came with a built in webcam then it should have the necessary software to run the cam. In other words you should be able to switch your webcam on without the need of MSN or any other additional programme.

Once you find this "dedicated" programme you will see a range of features, including video, camera etc, by taking a "snapshot" it should ask you where you want to save the picture.

If using a desktop computer and you purchased an external webcam then I am guessing it came with a "utilities" disk. Same as above.

What it sounds like to me, is you would like to save images from other people's webcams (if I am wrong, shoot me) there is a large amount of software for recording webcams you receive, each one has a snapshot facility (even Skype has this), a free product is camstudio, google

I dont use my webcam any more period, because it was too much hassel and I am a real life experience girl not a cyber or phone one.

The built in web cam is run by arc soft and whilst I am aware you can keep your convos on msn I opted not too.

Again as I am not into cyber there is nothing exciting to store on msn nor worth someone having a reread...

I am able to open the arc soft and activate the cam, but it does so in its own window and the options are well rubbish once you pass the silly xmas frames and turning yourself into a teddybear hehe, but this high jacking someone elses thread. I dont need my webcam and as said take photos on an external source and use the sd slot to quick upload them :D

» Add a new message to this topic