FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Starting a new carer

Starting a new carer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For the past 20 years I was a hairdresser. Used to absolutely love my job, but the last few years I completely lost my passion for it, so left the trade a year ago.

After tottering around for the past year and having found a new love with the gym I decided to take the massive step and enrolled in my diploma for level 2 and 3 in fitness and nutrition.

My first day is tomorrow and I'm absolutely petrified.

I don't know if it's because of starting out in a new carer path at my age or if it's the thought of sitting an exam.

Anyone else changed there carers at a later stage in there life?

Would love some pointers to help me with these butterflys please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"For the past 20 years I was a hairdresser. Used to absolutely love my job, but the last few years I completely lost my passion for it, so left the trade a year ago.

After tottering around for the past year and having found a new love with the gym I decided to take the massive step and enrolled in my diploma for level 2 and 3 in fitness and nutrition.

My first day is tomorrow and I'm absolutely petrified.

I don't know if it's because of starting out in a new carer path at my age or if it's the thought of sitting an exam.

Anyone else changed there carers at a later stage in there life?

Would love some pointers to help me with these butterflys please "

You will smash it, there is nothing you can not do.

Good luck with your course.

I know when I changed careers both from security to retail then back again I was a little bit scared but found I was fine after. Obviously now with security you have to be licensed so the exams scared me something stupid but all you can do is take a deep breath and focus on doing well

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Remember that you made a positive choice, have worked for it and you love it. The exam is just a means of achieving that.

I am currently doing a temporary junior role as a way of changing my career. I haven't been a junior anything for 35 years. If this works then I will be doing something I have an interest in and will be very different. If it doesn't then I haven't really lost anything and I will have gained new skills.

Remember that you haven't lost anything, you're moving forward to something new. Good luck for tomorrow. Remember to breathe, drink lots of water and take a menthol stick for the headache that will arrive around 3.30pm.

"Remember that you made a positive choice, have worked for it and you love it. The exam is just a means of achieving that.

I am currently doing a temporary junior role as a way of changing my career. I haven't been a junior anything for 35 years. If this works then I will be doing something I have an interest in and will be very different. If it doesn't then I haven't really lost anything and I will have gained new skills.

Remember that you haven't lost anything, you're moving forward to something new. Good luck for tomorrow. Remember to breathe, drink lots of water and take a menthol stick for the headache that will arrive around 3.30pm.

"

Have to detour to the shop for a menthol stick lol

Good luck..

Ps.. When u update your cv its career... Not carer...

Ohh sorry, my fault for not reading through before I post

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There's different types of butterflies.

Some of them are excitement - a rush because you want to get going.

After week one you won't remember them.

Your butterflies show you are going to be very successful because you are not going to give up.

If there were no butterflies it would indcate you cba....... well done for doing something you want to do.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Good luck! Think of it as a new adventure. It’s something you want to do rather than just a job... I find that’s half the battle.

I’ve been in the same company for 15 years but my job now is completely different to when I first started. I know where my strengths are so I’ve shaped my job to fit me. Fortunately the type of work (and my boss’s ambition) have allowed me to do that and I am probably in the small percentage of people who love what they do.

» Add a new message to this topic