FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Easter eggs in shops

Easter eggs in shops

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who is to blame for having them out early?

The stores or the customers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Who is to blame for having them out early?

The stores or the customers?"

The cost of storage?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Shops.

I saw my 1st Creme Egg in the supermarket on Jan 2nd, next to the reduced Xmas chocolates.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did u say creme eggs muhahahaaaa

They're being thrust in my face at the petrol station

"They're being thrust in my face at the petrol station "

Now that is high pressure sales...

We had to have our easter order in by christmas eve.. i work in a shop

Don't buy yet! Stay strong and they will be on bogof shortly

"Shops.

I saw my 1st Creme Egg in the supermarket on Jan 2nd, next to the reduced Xmas chocolates.

"

I'm thinking the shops as well. They say it's to satisfy customer demand but I think it's mainly make more money due to the fact that when kids see easter eggs, they'll want one without caring that it's not easter yet

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

We bought one.. we may have eaten it already... oops

"They're being thrust in my face at the petrol station

Now that is high pressure sales... "

I am so far resisting all temptation

Does anyone think that it's making the easter holiday kind of pointless if they're out early?

If they really want to ruin the holidays for everyone by keeping this up, why not go full hog and have easter, Halloween and Christmas on all year long?

salisbury

"Does anyone think that it's making the easter holiday kind of pointless if they're out early?

If they really want to ruin the holidays for everyone by keeping this up, why not go full hog and have easter, Halloween and Christmas on all year long?"

Depends. What do you think the point of the Easter holiday actually is? And how do chocolate eggs ruin it?

"Does anyone think that it's making the easter holiday kind of pointless if they're out early?

If they really want to ruin the holidays for everyone by keeping this up, why not go full hog and have easter, Halloween and Christmas on all year long?

Depends. What do you think the point of the Easter holiday actually is? And how do chocolate eggs ruin it?"

I know easter is more about jesus's death and resurrection and the easter bunny is basically the Father Christmas of Easter baring chocolate eggs for children instead of presents but having shops sell easter eggs so early pretty much spoils the holiday

I just scowl at them...though mini eggs make me happy

salisbury

Depends. What do you think the point of the Easter holiday actually is? And how do chocolate eggs ruin it?

I know easter is more about jesus's death and resurrection and the easter bunny is basically the Father Christmas of Easter baring chocolate eggs for children instead of presents but having shops sell easter eggs so early pretty much spoils the holiday"

Easter has nothing to do with Jesus. But please explain how these eggs for sale spoil the holiday?

I know easter is more about jesus's death and resurrection and the easter bunny is basically the Father Christmas of Easter baring chocolate eggs for children instead of presents but having shops sell easter eggs so early pretty much spoils the holiday

Easter has nothing to do with Jesus. But please explain how these eggs for sale spoil the holiday? "

Because kids will have them without giving a shit about easter

salisbury

Easter has nothing to do with Jesus. But please explain how these eggs for sale spoil the holiday?

Because kids will have them without giving a shit about easter "

Unless they're pagans, or Anglicans why should they? The Easter holiday is all about having 2 weeks off school. And a long weekend off if you're employed.

Hot cross buns were out early too but I’d happily have them all year round. Esp toasted with lashings of butter.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Stores

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I love it - it’s the first sign that things are getting better ... days are getting lighter, spring is round the corner & the carnage of Xmas is over for another year!!

Plus, mini eggs are amazing!!

What’s not to like!!

Because kids will have them without giving a shit about easter "

The parents will have eaten them long before the kids get a whiff of an egg anywhere in the house don't worry

The stores.Its supply and demand,if they were not avaliable customers would not be able to buy them till nearer Easter.Yet again,like Black Friday,its another example of commercial marketing by shops to get punters in,buy early,eat,then re buy for Easter

Because kids will have them without giving a shit about easter

Unless they're pagans, or Anglicans why should they? The Easter holiday is all about having 2 weeks off school. And a long weekend off if you're employed. "

With me working in a cinema, I never have long weekends off and I have to endure 3 weeks of the kids being off school

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

And to pour water on the religious argument, Easter is the festival of Esther, pagan goddess of fertility. Rabbits & eggs were the symbols of fertility & painted decorative eggs were given as gifts & to wish fertility on crops, animals & people.

Christianity adopted the festival just like the did with the winter solstice for their own celebrations.

So technically eggs have more to do with Easter than Jesus does

If they really want to ruin the holidays for everyone by keeping this up, why not go full hog and have easter, Halloween and Christmas on all year long?"

Easter isn't about chocolate eggs

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Why does there have to be blame?

salisbury

Its cheaper to have them in stores for 4 months than storage. It's not rocket science.

"Its cheaper to have them in stores for 4 months than storage. It's not rocket science. "

And no one will buy them if they are in storage.

By *uddlybear2015Man  over a year ago

BEDFORD

Bright side is I'm partial to a cadbury mini egg

» Add a new message to this topic