FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Natural

Natural

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issyme555 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Motherwell

Ok so just thought we could have a nice friendly debate.

Natural selection should we just stop intervening. Remove safety signs such as high voltage. Danger deep water. Remove road crossings. And so on and just let things take their course or stay as we are.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

EVERYONE would be dead.

No because it would put all the sign makers out of work and raise unemployment.....funeral directors would thrive though...so there's a balance there I guess. XXX

Keep the signs & warnings for the people that need the visual to know what is dangerous. We're becoming a sue-nation, people would cry that they weren't told that electricity is dangerous. Because its everyone elses fault & they have no responsibility for their own lives.

So leave the warnings. If people are still going to do stupid things, let them

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Stay as we are,the warnings are they for a reason!

Natural selection is a process to remove the weakest of the species in order for that species to survive. Humans have surpassed natural selection in my view. Mankind’s progress with science and technology has become so advanced that we literally put a stop to this process. For example if one were to develop a cancer or some other ghastly illness, there are now treatments that can save the lives of those destined to die. By doing this, mankind has literally reversed the natural selection process. We are on the brink of dominating nature and controlling it in our hands.

And...going backwards in terms of evolution.

I always read the “Darwin Awards” avidly each year....there are som right idiots there that removed themselves from the gene pool!

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I love the Darwin awards

We have become a cotton wool wrapped society that has gone safety mad and common sense is not allowed to rear it's head thanks to the self styled safety police ,I'm for learning the hard way or learning from your mistakes it's what makes you a better you ,if your not allowed to how will u grow as a person

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Why should you have to learn from your own mistakes and not get some guidance?

I’m pleased I was told that bleach is a chemical that kills things like germs and small child, that way I didn’t need to try it thinking it was just a clear version of a McDonalds thick milkshake.

After all, a sign is just a way of being told information by someone, how much would you learn if you had to find out everything yourself? If every single person had to work out multiplication from first principles we’d all be back in the Stone Age by about Monday afternoon

Since when did a wet paint sign stop anyone.

I didn't need signs to tell my kids when babies that fire was hot I just told them no and as for what I posted earlier if you use a bit of common sense you won't need to learn from your mistakes but if you don't then you will

» Add a new message to this topic