FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > not a lot has changed

not a lot has changed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ive just been sorting out a file of very old paperwork - found a letter saying your hourly rate is going up to £5.52 - this was 11 years ago - im only £7.80 now - however - going through council tax, water, gas and leccy and insurances etc theyve all gone up substantially more - not surprised so many of us are struggling day to day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m assuming you’ve ‘rounded down’ as the minimum wage is currently £7.83 per hour. If you haven’t then your employers are underpaying you!!

You’re right though employees have definitely seen low wage growth on average over the last few years

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

minimum wage currently 7.50 goes up 1 april -- i get 30 p hr over minumum for qualifications

"minimum wage currently 7.50 goes up 1 april -- i get 30 p hr over minumum for qualifications "

Ah yeah, my apologies my Google search showed the value from 1 April!

Nearly 20 years ago when I was 16/17 I used to earn £5p/h, and I felt loaded back then, my guess is that the same job pays only the minimum wage now, it is quite shocking that the minimum wage isn't higher, but with the likes of tax credits for low income families to fall back on there is no need for companies to offer any more.

Ginger

» Add a new message to this topic