FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Snowflakes

Snowflakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How long before we are all outraged at everything?

Are we headed for another puritanical society.

I for one hope not, get a grip, get a life, take things for what they are and stop looking for the negative in everything.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

You sound upset at other's attitudes.

You know what that makes you...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There certainly does seem to be an upsurge in ‘offence’ taken these days. Some of it genuinely warranted. Others laughably not so.

"You sound upset at other's attitudes.

You know what that makes you..."

This.

Personally I think the younger generation get a raw deal.

Never before have youngsters been taught so much about consideration of others feelings, diversity, respect of others feelings. I'd rather live in that world, than one of constantly being told to take a man up pill because some bully didn't want to relent on their behaviour?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Being negative is what makes some people happy. They love a good whinge and a moan to see them through the day.

"Being negative is what makes some people happy. They love a good whinge and a moan to see them through the day. "

But that's just it...the people moaning about "snowflakes" are usually just as bad!

There's a difference between whinging and contesting others behaviour?

You know what that makes you... This.

Never before have youngsters been taught so much about consideration of others feelings, diversity, respect of others feelings. I'd rather live in that world, than one of constantly being told to take a man up pill because some bully didn't want to relent on their behaviour?

"

valid points. But the world and life is competitive and will get even more so as time goes on. I understand and agree with the respect and diversity thing, but the younger generation need to maintain a bit of a backbone and not get offended over trivial matters otherwise they will be walked over for generations to come.

"Being negative is what makes some people happy. They love a good whinge and a moan to see them through the day.

But that's just it...the people moaning about "snowflakes" are usually just as bad!

There's a difference between whinging and contesting others behaviour? "

Does it not mean someone who is easily offended at everyday things? That's my understanding of a snowflake

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Being negative is what makes some people happy. They love a good whinge and a moan to see them through the day.

There’s a fine line between the two but, it’s down to the individual and how they perceive it. Sometimes, you need to know the other persons personality as sarcasm can also come in different forms.

There is the need and rmthe duty to be aware of the feelings for others. This i 100% accept and endorse with equality and inclusion for all.

But where do we stop being overly sensetive.

Political correctness can be taken to / is being taken to extremes.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

this..

the terms 'pc police/brigade and the title of this thread are bandied about by people who either refuse to amend their behaviours or are intent an an agenda of division and are bullies by and large..

not being racist, misogynistic etc and treating others equally is not that difficult..

You know what that makes you... This.

valid points. But the world and life is competitive and will get even more so as time goes on. I understand and agree with the respect and diversity thing, but the younger generation need to maintain a bit of a backbone and not get offended over trivial matters otherwise they will be walked over for generations to come. "

I agree with both of you.

This thread offends me, aw and now my feelings are upset too. Waaah everybody take notice of how much this effects me in a negative way, now you all must alter your way of life, language and social skills just to stop me from being a whinge and keep me happy, because... feelings!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Is being outraged by other people's outrage called l being a super snowflake I wonder?!

"This thread offends me, aw and now my feelings are upset too. Waaah everybody take notice of how much this effects me in a negative way, now you all must alter your way of life, language and social skills just to stop me from being a whinge and keep me happy, because... feelings!"

My lack of understanding for your feelings disturbs me. I must commit hari kari immediatly. And or pay for my sins ay my nearest non denominational place of worship / to a being who oh crap may offend you.

Maybe i shall just sit in silence with my bread and water and wear my sackcloth and ashes

South Wales

Exactly! And they genuinely don't see the irony of moaning about moaning. Bloody snowflakes the lot of 'em!

South Wales

"This thread offends me, aw and now my feelings are upset too. Waaah everybody take notice of how much this effects me in a negative way, now you all must alter your way of life, language and social skills just to stop me from being a whinge and keep me happy, because... feelings!

My lack of understanding for your feelings disturbs me. I must commit hari kari immediatly. And or pay for my sins ay my nearest non denominational place of worship / to a being who oh crap may offend you.

Maybe i shall just sit in silence with my bread and water and wear my sackcloth and ashes "

Wow! You really are offended about this.

I refer you to my original response.

There's a difference between whinging and contesting others behaviour?

Exactly! And they genuinely don't see the irony of moaning about moaning. Bloody snowflakes the lot of 'em!"

Or worse. Because in the vast majority of uses, just like 'PC', 'snowflakes' is used as an offensive retort when someone disagrees with a rightwing prejudice.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Op stop being a snowflake!

By *wizzlenipsMan  over a year ago

Newport

"Or worse. Because in the vast majority of uses, just like 'PC', 'snowflakes' is used as an offensive retort when someone disagrees with a rightwing prejudice."

Seriously? You're going there with this?

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Chester

I think everyone should just watch Steve Hughes "Offended" video and learn from it. Then stop being offended by people being offended.

It's extremely difficult to offend or upset me.

I can, however, understand why people want to stand up to unreasonable behaviour.

I think that the people screaming "snowflake" are pissed off because they can't get away with being obnoxious and offensive any more, and may have to change their ways.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I’m in several fb groups which claim to be humorous and yet there are many out there complaining about almost every post. It’s becoming farcical

"It's extremely difficult to offend or upset me.

I can, however, understand why people want to stand up to unreasonable behaviour.

I think that the people screaming "snowflake" are pissed off because they can't get away with being obnoxious and offensive any more, and may have to change their ways."

Exactly. No one is contesting unreasonable behaviour, where quite clearly people wish to exploit systems in their favour.

But is it so wrong that people are being encouraged to express their feelings.

It doesn't mean you're automatically wrong on your given stance, but perhaps opens a debate on the subject. If both parties are open minded and reasonable they both might learn?

What winds me up? The use of the word snowflake.

I find the term 'snowflake' offensive. And usually used by weird people upset that everyone doesn't think their shit smells like roses.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

" How long before we are all outraged at everything?

Are we headed for another puritanical society.

I for one hope not, get a grip, get a life, take things for what they are and stop looking for the negative in everything."

Liberalism will kill us all.

By *queekyCheesyCouple  over a year ago

newark

That's it, I'm gonna find this 'edge' and step the fuck off

"It's extremely difficult to offend or upset me.

I think that the people screaming "snowflake" are pissed off because they can't get away with being obnoxious and offensive any more, and may have to change their ways.

Exactly. No one is contesting unreasonable behaviour, where quite clearly people wish to exploit systems in their favour.

But is it so wrong that people are being encouraged to express their feelings.

It doesn't mean you're automatically wrong on your given stance, but perhaps opens a debate on the subject. If both parties are open minded and reasonable they both might learn? "

People should not shut up and put up with it. Expressing a dislike for something doesn't make them a snowflake. It makes them strong enough and confident enough to speak their minds and say something. Now, if that upsets the people they are complaining about...diddums.

"I find the term 'snowflake' offensive. And usually used by weird people upset that everyone doesn't think their shit smells like roses.

"

It's not offensive. It's just another bully boy tactic, for when things aren't going their way.

If you're offended by the term "snowflake" you most likely are one.

"If you're offended by the term "snowflake" you most likely are one. "

See in my experience, those using the term snowflake, are the ones who most closely fit the description. But I still find it nasty bully boy type name calling. So I couldn't possibly call anyone by that name.

By *ollyGWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"This thread offends me, aw and now my feelings are upset too. Waaah everybody take notice of how much this effects me in a negative way, now you all must alter your way of life, language and social skills just to stop me from being a whinge and keep me happy, because... feelings!"

By *urlesque!Woman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Feeling negative, sad, upset is part of our human range of emotions and is as justified as being happy, content and excited.

We would not recognise one without the other and need to accept that sometimes life is shit, other times its great.

Also, feelings are genuine, they pop up and people are not in control of how they feel - it is unhelpful to tell somebody not to feel "like this".

Acknowledge how somebody feels but lets not tell people how they should or should not be feeling in a particular situation. Much more helpful.

If I want to be a snowflake... let me be one until I have melted or frozen into something else

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Snowflakes seek to censor others opinions ! discuss

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Snowflakes seek to censor others opinions ! discuss "

That's a given.

"If you're offended by the term "snowflake" you most likely are one. "