FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Notebook Technical Help Please...

Notebook Technical Help Please...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ENGUY OP   Man  over a year ago

Hull

I own, unfortunately, a Dell Notebook and am having immense issues with it.

Each time I switch it on & open programmes, online pages etc, if I wish to type in any text, order goods etc, where I want to type, is blocked by various pop up boxes (listing commands).

I can click elsewhere on the screen and the boxes move to where I had pointed, but as soon as I try to resume typing where I left off before, the boxes return and block progress.

Example; an address of 5 lines can take over an hour to type out & most times I have given up on life before getting to the postcode last line.

Anybody had similar issues with Dell or is this a common problem in all laptops/ notebooks?

The dealer I bought it from doesn't want to know & Dell want a ruddy fortune to repair it directly.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Sounds like you have a virus

Have you tried returning it to factory settings (after saving anything you need to keep to a stick of course)

Im shite with anything technical... i get my son to sort it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

See if you can download an addblocker online, my son did it for me on my old PC. Another thing is install antivirus, which will remove dodgy viruses XXX

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

In addition to checking for malware, as suggested by the others, which is important, have you tried alternative web browsers?

To help others, it could be useful to know which version of windows you have, eg 7,8 or 10. Which browser do you use? Is it just when browsing?

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Just to clarify...

The pop ups are dialogue/command boxes (copy, past etc) as opposed to adverts?

If so, it sounds like your right click button is stuck.

Those boxes open on right click, so that'll be your problem.

If you're using a mouse you might want to check that out first.

By *ENGUY OP   Man  over a year ago

Hull

Thanks everyone so far.

I'm working Windows 10, have Malware and Security systems installed; all up to date.

Managed to get someone through my work who ran through my unit. Like someone else here said, it could be the Right Click function as he's picked up it isn't working as it should.

He's supplied me with name of a reputable local PC repairers & they'll see me Monday morning.

Once again, many thanks.

» Add a new message to this topic