FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mindfulness

Mindfulness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mental health issues are quite common where I work (kind of a plus as there's more understanding about it) and a few days ago the concept of mindfulness came up.

It turns out I already do mindfulness meditation at night before I fall asleep - to simplify, it's where you concentrate only on what you can feel, hear and see and if your mind wanders you pull it back - and I also do colouring which has been proven to have positive effects on mental health and is akin to meditation. But what mindfulness do other people practice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I take my dogs to the beach...

That's three of us with empty minds...

But I'm just a guy on fab, my minds always empty

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t practice mindfulness however when I feel low I turn to my colouring books and I cuddle my bear at night

I try to practise mindfulness regularly, if I'm struggling I go for a swim to clear my mind

By *aenMan  over a year ago

Here and There

I find any activity where you live in the moment and just focus on what you are going helps.

For some it might be drawing, painting or knitting for others it might be golf or fishing.

For me walking the dogs fits the bill.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"Mental health issues are quite common where I work (kind of a plus as there's more understanding about it) and a few days ago the concept of mindfulness came up.

It turns out I already do mindfulness meditation at night before I fall asleep - to simplify, it's where you concentrate only on what you can feel, hear and see and if your mind wanders you pull it back - and I also do colouring which has been proven to have positive effects on mental health and is akin to meditation. But what mindfulness do other people practice? "

I practise two or three times a day in short (5-10 min) bursts.

I can thoroughly reccomend How to be Human by Ruby Wax... it teaches lots of different methods.

I meditate at night, and cross stitch and do colouring. I also do typing tests when I'm really struggling.

I meditate at night or if I wake up during the night and I’m struggling to go back to sleep. I also do it if I’m starting to stress a bit over a business issue and it helps me to relax and gain clarity. Finally my daily gym routine is an exercise in mindfulness for me. Focusing entirely on my breath and how my body feels as I workout. It is therapy for me. I’m just annoyed it took me to the age of 52 to get back in the gym again and realise how to really enjoy it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I just experience what is the present, the various aspects of me now, letting go of other thoughts. I'm present doing art, with nature, animals and plants or yoga.

» Add a new message to this topic