FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do “attractive” people get treated better than others?

Do “attractive” people get treated better than others?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok I get it that “attractive” is subjective and that we’re all jolly good eggs on here and look beyond someone’s looks and all that, but putting all that aside do you think that those with “conventional good looks” get dealt a better hand in life?

Do YOU, maybe subconsciously, treat a “looker” differently than a “plain” looking person?

Can you think of examples where your looks have either helped you or hindered you in a situation where someone else has been treated differently?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I definitely get treated better on account of how damned sexy I am

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think most people do treat people they find attractive better, whether it's consciously or subconsciously.

"I definitely get treated better on account of how damned sexy I am "

that’s probably why I’m treated badly by everyone then!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Are you saying ugly people deserve more pity than they get?

"I think most people do treat people they find attractive better, whether it's consciously or subconsciously. "

I think I agree - I know there have been times that I’ve been more tolerant of an attractive person than another in a similar situation. I’ve had to consciously remind myself not to be prejudiced in that way before now!

" Are you saying ugly people deserve more pity than they get? "

No, those are your words!

Men treat me well, women (apart from my friends) treat me like shit. It evens out.

salisbury

" Are you saying ugly people deserve more pity than they get?

No, those are your words! "

Do you find yourself helping ugly people less?

"Men treat me well, women (apart from my friends) treat me like shit. It evens out."

Ignore them

They're just green eyed monsters

"Men treat me well, women (apart from my friends) treat me like shit. It evens out."

interesting perspective! I wonder if men find that dynamic in reverse?

" Are you saying ugly people deserve more pity than they get?

No, those are your words!

Do you find yourself helping ugly people less? "

I’m a selfish twat so don’t help ANYONE other than myself!

Treat people with respect and I get it in return .In life I do .

By *olarfoxMan  over a year ago

North Cambs

"Men treat me well, women (apart from my friends) treat me like shit. It evens out.

interesting perspective! I wonder if men find that dynamic in reverse?"

I doubt it...its quite common for women to be fairly 'katty' towards other women they perceive at attractive. I don't think men do this towards one another....

Yes. But then I am actually generally nice to everyone.

I try to be polite at least.

On here the more conventionally good looking you are I'd imagine the easier it is to have sex with those you're attracted to. I could be wrong.

It's been proven, studies have shown that taller males are also likely to earn more than shorter men, and the perception is generally that a taller man would earn more

The research was of course done in America.

We all have an unconscious bias.

When I see a good looking guy I like to imagine what his life is like. That's weird isn't it haha

"Men treat me well, women (apart from my friends) treat me like shit. It evens out.

I doubt it...its quite common for women to be fairly 'katty' towards other women they perceive at attractive. I don't think men do this towards one another...."

Or maybe women see beyond the attractiveness of another woman whereas men just see pretty lady?

Yeah I'd imagine this happening. People (women?!) seem to think that 'good looking' people are up their own arse.

Always a lot of bitching about anyone that goes to Killing Kittens type events.

interesting perspective! I wonder if men find that dynamic in reverse?"

Men aren't as competitive as women. Or at least, not over the opposite sex.

I doubt it...its quite common for women to be fairly 'katty' towards other women they perceive at attractive. I don't think men do this towards one another....

Or maybe women see beyond the attractiveness of another woman whereas men just see pretty lady?"

Everyone is beautiful and if you fall in love with someone they are the most beautiful person in the world. That has been my experience so far.

I doubt it...its quite common for women to be fairly 'katty' towards other women they perceive at attractive. I don't think men do this towards one another...."

And this thread will prove you right

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

My son has special needs, but he's always been dressed well and looks pretty "normal" (whatever that is).

I have really noticed the difference between how he is treated, in comparison to some of his mates that don't look quite so good.

Not within the family or care system, but as soon as they step outside of that protective circle.

Do “attractive” people get treated better than others?

Hell yeh!! Going of my experiences,being a really ugly c@nt

"My son has special needs, but he's always been dressed well and looks pretty "normal" (whatever that is).

I have really noticed the difference between how he is treated, in comparison to some of his mates that don't look quite so good.

Not within the family or care system, but as soon as they step outside of that protective circle."

That's sad. Could it be that people don't know how to approach your son's friends?

I'm wary sometimes as I don't know if the person is ok with talking to people they don't know.

I just treat smelly people worse i go give em a good spray

By *lirtyskirtTV/TS  over a year ago

London

"...

Do YOU, maybe subconsciously, treat a “looker” differently than a “plain” looking person?

..."

Regarding this query, attractive people are often under the misapprehension they are very funny.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes attractive people are treated better just as those who are perceived by the majority to be popular or cool are.

"...

Regarding this query, attractive people are often under the misapprehension they are very funny.

"

Is that because everyone laughs at their ‘jokes’ BECAUSE they’re good looking hence perpetuating their beliefs?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"...

"

Since both those qualities are subjective it might not be a misapprehension.

London

"...

Is that because everyone laughs at their ‘jokes’ BECAUSE they’re good looking hence perpetuating their beliefs? "

'everyone', I think not, whatever is enough would do.

Unconscious ingratiation in some, sycophancy in others perhaps.

I get treated well and i was involved in an unfortunate smelting accident

I only have sex with men I'm attracted to. I'll talk to the beautiful people and the minging, exactly the same way.

Everyone in life is to be respected

"I only have sex with men I'm attracted to. I'll talk to the beautiful people and the minging, exactly the same way."

I can't look at the minging without gagging while I talk to them. So yeah I do treat em differently

Not in my case

Not 100% sure it's the looks alone personally think it's the conference that goes along with some of the better looking guys along with respect and putting themselves out in front

Depends on the setting.

If it's sexual then no they get treated worse... like a piece of meat without feelings or emotions.

In work, probably.

In society in generally, yeah they probably get a few treats or free drinks but I don't think people would care about what goes on beyond the beauty.

"Ok I get it that “attractive” is subjective and that we’re all jolly good eggs on here and look beyond someone’s looks and all that, but putting all that aside do you think that those with “conventional good looks” get dealt a better hand in life?

Can you think of examples where your looks have either helped you or hindered you in a situation where someone else has been treated differently?

"

I seem to recall there are a few studies to support this theory

By *eek2findMan  over a year ago

Wigan

Looks help but doesn't mean you will get a reply. I have made friends on here who had deleted my message at first, probably down to being swamped with messages or maybe just a matter of being fairly new (even though I had a verification!)

By *imandher84Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Hmmm I've sat and gave this one a bit of thought and i can honestly say i probably have treat people who i deemed attractive differently over the years, given them more rope as it were..I'm kind of low level ashamed of that, but i can honestly say since getting with the Mrs i can't recall one instance were i have done it.

I guess i'm not in the game anymore haha

Now smelly people. They get nothing but a pointed 6 foot stick waved at them untill they leave or get febreezed.

"I think most people do treat people they find attractive better, whether it's consciously or subconsciously. "

North Cambs

"I think most people do treat people they find attractive better, whether it's consciously or subconsciously.

"

I think this is probably true, however I am also a great believer that your whole demeanor can quickly give you just the same (if not a greater) advantage in any human interaction - a smile and a warm, friendly disposition counts for a huge amount!

London

"...

- a smile and a warm, friendly disposition counts for a huge amount!"

Indeed, it works for psychopaths misrepresentating themselves and the rest of us alike.

North Cambs

"...

- a smile and a warm, friendly disposition counts for a huge amount!

Indeed, it works for psychopaths misrepresentating themselves and the rest of us alike."

Haha...be they attractive or unattractive psychopaths...lol...

"My son has special needs, but he's always been dressed well and looks pretty "normal" (whatever that is).

Not within the family or care system, but as soon as they step outside of that protective circle.

That's sad. Could it be that people don't know how to approach your son's friends?

I'm wary sometimes as I don't know if the person is ok with talking to people they don't know. "

My daughter has special needs too, we are often spoken to by other people. It is difficult because she doesn't know stranger danger but I would rather people spoke to her and me than just ignore us. It does mean a lot to parents of a lot of disabled children to have people acknowledge our special needs kids. XXX

By *urlesque!Woman  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Ok I get it that “attractive” is subjective and that we’re all jolly good eggs on here and look beyond someone’s looks and all that, but putting all that aside do you think that those with “conventional good looks” get dealt a better hand in life?

"

I do not believe I treat subjectively attractive people better than those I am not attracted to.

I probably respond warmer and more accommodating (even if it is a no, thanks) when people message me in a nice, non-offensive way though.

Yes I think if you’re attractive people treat you better or tolerate you more , I know I would make allowances for good looking people , but personality is the main factor .. no good being beautiful with a ugly personality .. but then I’m not sure how ugly people with great personalities get on either .

Yes attractive people do get treated better, I’ve been to job interviews and the attractive person got the job over me yet I was actually better qualified. So yes it can be a hindrance being fugly x

Not so much in regular life. But if I’m looking for sex, of course I will treat a goodlooking person differently, in that I am more likely to have sex with a handsome man. If I see a handsome face on a Fab profile take a second look and maybe hotlist them for a rainy day. I won’t do that with a plain man.

Mrs

"Yes attractive people do get treated better, I’ve been to job interviews and the attractive person got the job over me yet I was actually better qualified. So yes it can be a hindrance being fugly x "

You can't know it's down to looks. They may have interviewed better than you and been more suited to the position regardless of qualifications.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"

Answer 1. Errrr! Yeah. Of course they do. Nothing wrong with that.

Answer 2. Yes, looks have always helped.

"

I stopped reading this when you said people here look beyond people's looks. Couldn't stop laughing

I think it comes down to confidence, if you think your ugly or world is against you, people pick up in that. If you walk with a confidence not arrogance and talk to people confidently then you get treated same

I stopped reading this when you said people here look beyond people's looks. Couldn't stop laughing "

By *av_55Man  over a year ago

NE

Well speaking as one who hit every branch on the way down the fall from ugly tree and landed on the short arse rock at the bottom I can categorically say,,,, yes we need sympathy and love like all the worldies on here

"Yes attractive people do get treated better, I’ve been to job interviews and the attractive person got the job over me yet I was actually better qualified. So yes it can be a hindrance being fugly x

You can't know it's down to looks. They may have interviewed better than you and been more suited to the position regardless of qualifications. "

It was in a bar and everyone they employed had a certain look about them. And they more or less said it was down to looks x

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Not sure I will ever know ...

Wanders back into the man cave

salisbury

I stopped reading this when you said people here look beyond people's looks. Couldn't stop laughing "

I know right? I mean why should they?

Same for me.

Men are nice enough. Women are generally very unpleasant, until I get to know them.

It’s taught me a lot about supporting other women, not bashing them because of their appearance.

I stopped reading this when you said people here look beyond people's looks. Couldn't stop laughing

I know right? I mean why should they? "

I’m glad some do or I’d be well and truly fucked on here (metaphorically not literally!)

This.

I've been to a few socials now and some of the women won't engage with me or even verify me. Some of the verifications I send to women from social meets aren't ever displayed but everyone else's are. I'm by no means saying I'm good looking, but there is definitely a pattern here!!

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Indeed there are pros and cons. Studies have shown that if a beautiful woman is being interviewed by a man, then she's more likely to get the job. But when it's another woman it works against her.

As someone else mentioned, the average CEO is 3 inched taller than the average male. People conflate attentiveness with other positive qualities, but this can also backfire. This is called the peter principle.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

We go with the theory that you get back what you put in.... we treat everyone with respect and always get that back, even though we are very ordinary in the looks stakes.

There seem to be quite a few women claiming to have negative reactions from other women and attributing that to the way they look. Interesting.

I’d say so...

We get a free paper through the door once a week.

Yeah I'd imagine this happening. People (women?!) seem to think that 'good looking' people are up their own arse.

Always a lot of bitching about anyone that goes to Killing Kittens type events. "

Sometimes, e.g. In certain jobs physically attractive people will be favoured, and in day-to-day life generally, people tend to be more well-disposed towards the good-looking. However the flip side of this as has already been pointed out is jealousy which is so petty and small-minded. I for one always appreciate beauty whether male or female (and I'm not bi)!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yes, it's a recognised phenomenon

"There seem to be quite a few women claiming to have negative reactions from other women and attributing that to the way they look. Interesting. "

I’m trying to think how to word something along the lines of the type of “look” some women possess but I know it won’t come across right..!

"There seem to be quite a few women claiming to have negative reactions from other women and attributing that to the way they look. Interesting.

I’m trying to think how to word something along the lines of the type of “look” some women possess but I know it won’t come across right..!

"

Resting bitch face?

"There seem to be quite a few women claiming to have negative reactions from other women and attributing that to the way they look. Interesting.

"

But we all know what you mean.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Resting bitch face?"

Is that some new yoga position?

I try and treat everyone with respect initially. Regardless of their physical appearance. If they turn into a bit of an idiot, I cut them off.... again, regardless of physical appearance

I'm usually more chatty and friendly with people I'm not attracted to as I get shy around people I fancy

Resting bitch face?"

Not quite but that’s a look I can’t pull off, end up looking like I have trapped wind...

"I'm usually more chatty and friendly with people I'm not attracted to as I get shy around people I fancy "

Ahhh actually, I'm a little like that too. I do get flustered if I fancy someone

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I haven't read the thread (it's a Lent thing ) but the simple answer is, yes.

Look up the unconscious bias tests.

Happy to chat to anyone im an equal oppotunity gob with legs

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

" Are you saying ugly people deserve more pity than they get? "

Nice flip of the coin there Clem

I've just read a few of the comments: women are nice to me therefore I must be unattractive.

Resting bitch face?

Not quite but that’s a look I can’t pull off, end up looking like I have trapped wind... "

I didn't think it was a look to achieve.. more a look you have?!

"I've just read a few of the comments: women are nice to me therefore I must be unattractive. "

Or maybe you're just a nice person?

Attractive people here .........never

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Yes, attractive people do get treated better. Turn on your TV and look at any ad we are drawn towards what society dimmed attractive.

"I've just read a few of the comments: women are nice to me therefore I must be unattractive.

Or maybe you're just a nice person?"

I was taking that as a given for the women who say other women aren't nice to them.

"I've just read a few of the comments: women are nice to me therefore I must be unattractive.

Or maybe you're just a nice person?

I was taking that as a given for the women who say other women aren't nice to them.

"

I wasn't saying they weren't

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes - as a few have said there's numerous studies to support, even to the point you're more likely to be convicted and to get a stricter sentence if you're not conventionally attractive.

Customer facing roles are more likely to go to conventionally attractive people.

I was slim and blonde when younger and I'm lucky enough to have an OK face so if I got to interview stage I always got the job.

Since gaining weight and no longer dying hair blonde I've found not so much.

With regard to those posters with children with additional needs, that must be so hard to want your children to be accepted but also teach them how to stay safe.

There are if I recall a few studies even on that, where certain conditions have certain qualities (increased affection, frequent smiling and laughing and similar) are more likely to get positive responses from others outwith their family and friends.

It's unfair and it's not right but it's incredibly hard to change such societal attitudes. I think it does help having people with disabilities of all kinds be more visible and more frequently represented in the wider media.

I know I don't treat them differently. At the last concert I worked, one lady in particular tried the "take her shirt off and show her skimpy bikini top use arms to push them higher hoping to sway my mind so that I would let her backstage" I treat me like any other. Rules are rules, I'm not gonna break me for you because your prettier.

"I know I don't treat them differently. At the last concert I worked, one lady in particular tried the "take her shirt off and show her skimpy bikini top use arms to push them higher hoping to sway my mind so that I would let her backstage" I treat me like any other. Rules are rules, I'm not gonna break me for you because your prettier."

Damn you...I tried so hard as well

"Treat people with respect and I get it in return .In life I do . "

Men aren't as competitive as women. Or at least, not over the opposite sex."

Not for relationships they aren't anyway. Relationships are seen as a much huger deal between women more of the time so there's more rivalries. Men tend to think that a relationship is bound to come alomg sooner or later anyway as women want it more than them.

Kind of like the reverse for sex? Only thing is if a man gets competed against sex-wise and loses out he'll shrug and say "Shit, that's a good night missed out on.." Whereas for a relationship a woman may sometimes think "Shit that's a potential happy ever after missed out on.."

I was going to post something last weekend about the ways women treat women as a snapshot of my observations on Fab. It’s without clarifying intent and purely as an observation.

But I actually agree with both the opposing views. There often seems to be a failure (again just looks that way) in people remembering that people’s experience is valid and their truth. You can’t know how it is for them in the same way they probably can’t know your experience and how it contrasts or clashes.

Yes, people accepted as goodlooking do get different treatment. The treatment can be much better than the less goodlooking person in some situations, but far worse in others. And of course sometimes there’s no difference at all.

"I know I don't treat them differently. At the last concert I worked, one lady in particular tried the "take her shirt off and show her skimpy bikini top use arms to push them higher hoping to sway my mind so that I would let her backstage" I treat me like any other. Rules are rules, I'm not gonna break me for you because your prettier.

Damn you...I tried so hard as well "

Don't stop on my account though lol, makes the job more interesting

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yes definitely.

If you're a sexy woman in a fiat 500, I'm a lot more likely to allow you to pull out into traffic than if you're a bloke.

"I'm usually more chatty and friendly with people I'm not attracted to as I get shy around people I fancy

Ahhh actually, I'm a little like that too. I do get flustered if I fancy someone "

That's why I like this site easier to chat with people I like

I imagine in some circumstances , eg same sex prison, people may sometimes wish they were less good looking....

Resting bitch face?

Not quite but that’s a look I can’t pull off, end up looking like I have trapped wind...

I didn't think it was a look to achieve.. more a look you have?! "

Oh I thought it was that kind of fierce pout on looking face...

"I was going to post something last weekend about the ways women treat women as a snapshot of my observations on Fab. It’s without clarifying intent and purely as an observation.

But I actually agree with both the opposing views. There often seems to be a failure (again just looks that way) in people remembering that people’s experience is valid and their truth. You can’t know how it is for them in the same way they probably can’t know your experience and how it contrasts or clashes."

you should post your observations, will make for an interesting read / debate.

North Cambs

"I imagine in some circumstances , eg same sex prison, people may sometimes wish they were less good looking.... "

...do you know of mixed sex prisons? ...now that would help time pass a bit more easily

An attractive woman will always be pampered unless she's so good looking and aloof she makes you nervous .........in my case I'm a gent so Doesn't matter what you look like you'll get the treatment

"An attractive woman will always be pampered unless she's so good looking and aloof she makes you nervous .........in my case I'm a gent so Doesn't matter what you look like you'll get the treatment "

This must be where I'm going wrong

Basingstoke

There's a general problem with people who get things too easily in life - people who inherit a lot of wealth / have over protective parents etc. Often extremely attractive people have smyptoms of this, whereby things have come easily for them in life (it's called the halo effect). The problem is that the process kicks into reverse later in life!

I think you tend to get the kind of treatment you feel you are worth, you get back what you put out to a large extent.

"An attractive woman will always be pampered unless she's so good looking and aloof she makes you nervous .........in my case I'm a gent so Doesn't matter what you look like you'll get the treatment

This must be where I'm going wrong "

you're so attractive you make men nervous?

"An attractive woman will always be pampered unless she's so good looking and aloof she makes you nervous .........in my case I'm a gent so Doesn't matter what you look like you'll get the treatment

This must be where I'm going wrong you're so attractive you make men nervous? "

Who am I to say?

This must be where I'm going wrong you're so attractive you make men nervous?

Who am I to say?"

well true I'm the beholder

salisbury

I think we do.

"I think we do."

I was just going to write that

salisbury

"I think we do.

I was just going to write that "

It's a curse. I could be bumping uglies with all sorts if i wasn't so high above most people's league.

"I think we do.

It's a curse. I could be bumping uglies with all sorts if i wasn't so high above most people's league. "

You scare them away too?

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes

Of course it's worth remembering that a lot of men are intimidated by intelligence as much as looks

salisbury

"I think we do.

It's a curse. I could be bumping uglies with all sorts if i wasn't so high above most people's league.

You scare them away too?"

Exactly.

"Of course it's worth remembering that a lot of men are intimidated by intelligence as much as looks "
I'm not .......try me

When I was young and scrimping for our first home, I worked doors on a night time. There was a stated policy that attractive men and women would be allowed in. Ugly ones would be told we are full.

Later in life I was doing interviews for jobs, attractive but understated people got the most leeway in interviews not so much in the length of the interview but less attractive had to come in strong with a good opening line, attractive ones could usually far a few lines and still be listened too. Interestingly that was mostly male panels and male interviewees.

In my overall experience attractiveness buys you time, but personality counts for more after the first few minutes.

"Of course it's worth remembering that a lot of men are intimidated by intelligence as much as looks "

This one is only scared by lack of common sense from any gender.

I can remember a few weeks after starting a new job and having settled in a little having a conversation with a couple of colleagues who told me "they didn't think I'd fit in and didn't realise that I'd be so relaxed and laid back" when I asked them why they told me it was "because of the way I looked and dressed" they thought i was "up my own arse"

Unfortunately people do make assumptions due to the way we look and behave x

salisbury

"When I was young and scrimping for our first home, I worked doors on a night time. There was a stated policy that attractive men and women would be allowed in. Ugly ones would be told we are full.

Later in life I was doing interviews for jobs, attractive but understated people got the most leeway in interviews not so much in the length of the interview but less attractive had to come in strong with a good opening line, attractive ones could usually far a few lines and still be listened too. Interestingly that was mostly male panels and male interviewees.

In my overall experience attractiveness buys you time, but personality counts for more after the first few minutes."

That's gotta be the policy in Waitrose. When was the last time you saw an unattractive "partner"?!

"I can remember a few weeks after starting a new job and having settled in a little having a conversation with a couple of colleagues who told me "they didn't think I'd fit in and didn't realise that I'd be so relaxed and laid back" when I asked them why they told me it was "because of the way I looked and dressed" they thought i was "up my own arse"

Unfortunately people do make assumptions due to the way we look and behave x"

of course people assume and judge all the time

"When I was young and scrimping for our first home, I worked doors on a night time. There was a stated policy that attractive men and women would be allowed in. Ugly ones would be told we are full.

In my overall experience attractiveness buys you time, but personality counts for more after the first few minutes.

That's gotta be the policy in Waitrose. When was the last time you saw an unattractive "partner"?!"

I love my Waitrose and everyone is lovely and beautiful in their own way.

Many there are not conventionally attractive, many are over 55, one of the young ones has a squinty eye so fails the symmetry test. But my Mum was a JL partner.

salisbury

That's gotta be the policy in Waitrose. When was the last time you saw an unattractive "partner"?!

Many there are not conventionally attractive, many are over 55, one of the young ones has a squinty eye so fails the symmetry test. But my Mum was a JL partner. "

Must just be the policy in Salisbury

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

Many there are not conventionally attractive, many are over 55, one of the young ones has a squinty eye so fails the symmetry test. But my Mum was a JL partner. "

squinty eye? hope that poor person is not on here reading this!

Many there are not conventionally attractive, many are over 55, one of the young ones has a squinty eye so fails the symmetry test. But my Mum was a JL partner.

squinty eye? hope that poor person is not on here reading this!"

I'm sure every Waitrose teenager is doing just that and waiting to handle my soft fruit roughly to admonish me.

Initially i treat everyone the same regardless of how they look. After that it depends on how they treat me.

salisbury

It's nice that you're offended on their behalf.

Have you ever seen an ugly women on the make up counters in Boots? Or the perfume counters in Debenhams?

salisbury

"Have you ever seen an ugly women on the make up counters in Boots? Or the perfume counters in Debenhams? "

How would you know? They could look completely different under all that slap!

It's a descriptor.

"Have you ever seen an ugly women on the make up counters in Boots? Or the perfume counters in Debenhams?

How would you know? They could look completely different under all that slap! "

Make up can only hide so much Clem. They all have nice teeth and no squinty eyes.

"Have you ever seen an ugly women on the make up counters in Boots? Or the perfume counters in Debenhams?

Make up can only hide so much Clem. They all have nice teeth and no squinty eyes. "

No fatties either.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"

Only if you let people treat you differently, be strong,happy, friendly smiley and confident in life and it works wonders.

If your self conscious about your lack of looks your demeanor will hold you back.

I'm not a male model but I do ok in life

It’s nice to treat everyone nice regardless of looks. It’s just nice to be nice, respect to everyone

salisbury

Always treat the less attractive well. They are more likey to be "generous" in return......

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

I can't remember where I saw it now but I seem to recall a social experiment at various train stations where you had two different women trying to get a suitcase up some stairs - One was slim and blonde wearing high heels, and the other was a "plain" brunette who carried extra weight.

If I remember correctly, multiple men offered to help the blonde woman before she'd even got to the stairs, whereas very few people offered to help the other lady, even when she pretended to really struggle...

Make up can only hide so much Clem. They all have nice teeth and no squinty eyes.

No fatties either."

The bloke on my local department store make up counter is as overweight as I am.

"I can't remember where I saw it now but I seem to recall a social experiment at various train stations where you had two different women trying to get a suitcase up some stairs - One was slim and blonde wearing high heels, and the other was a "plain" brunette who carried extra weight.

If I remember correctly, multiple men offered to help the blonde woman before she'd even got to the stairs, whereas very few people offered to help the other lady, even when she pretended to really struggle..."

I saw that too. No one has ever offered to help me.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

"I can't remember where I saw it now but I seem to recall a social experiment at various train stations where you had two different women trying to get a suitcase up some stairs - One was slim and blonde wearing high heels, and the other was a "plain" brunette who carried extra weight.

If I remember correctly, multiple men offered to help the blonde woman before she'd even got to the stairs, whereas very few people offered to help the other lady, even when she pretended to really struggle...

I saw that too. No one has ever offered to help me. "

Me neither. Even when I was heavily pregnant and on crutches.

- Must say a lot about my looks.

- Amy. x

salisbury

Well yeah. But. Come on! Who wouldn't help a petit blond? I mean, come on!

" Well yeah. But. Come on! Who wouldn't help a petit blond? I mean, come on! "

And that's OK is it? (I only hope you are being ironic)

salisbury

" Well yeah. But. Come on! Who wouldn't help a petit blond? I mean, come on!

And that's OK is it? (I only hope you are being ironic) "

You saying petit blonds shouldn't be helped?

You saying petit blonds shouldn't be helped? "

No, but others in need should be helped irrespective of appearance. I sense though that you're getting off on winding me up so I'll bow out now.

By *urlesque!Woman  over a year ago

Gloucester

No fatties either.

The bloke on my local department store make up counter is as overweight as I am. "

There are a couple of female staff in my local Debenhams who are seriously overweight but look well groomed with nice make-up, nails and hair - in the cosmetic industry that probably matters more.

Also, I prefer a normal kind of woman to serve me, both in looks and attitude

[Removed by poster at 17/02/18 13:09:37]

No, but others in need should be helped irrespective of appearance. I sense though that you're getting off on winding me up so I'll bow out now. "

Bugger that, tried being helpful to everyone. Missed my train, took me 3 hours to get out of the station, then the porters blacklisted me for stealing their jobs...

No, but others in need should be helped irrespective of appearance. I sense though that you're getting off on winding me up so I'll bow out now. "

The reality is that 'should' has very little to do with it, as proven by this and lots of similar experiments.

People treat people who are perceived as attractive differently.

No fatties either.

The bloke on my local department store make up counter is as overweight as I am. "

The rules are different for men. Look at newsreaders.

No fatties either.

The bloke on my local department store make up counter is as overweight as I am. There are a couple of female staff in my local Debenhams who are seriously overweight but look well groomed with nice make-up, nails and hair - in the cosmetic industry that probably matters more.

Also, I prefer a normal kind of woman to serve me, both in looks and attitude "

Might be an Essex thing .

salisbury

No, but others in need should be helped irrespective of appearance. I sense though that you're getting off on winding me up so I'll bow out now.

The reality is that 'should' has very little to do with it, as proven by this and lots of similar experiments.

People treat people who are perceived as attractive differently. "

.....it's because they want to fuck them.

People treat people who are perceived as attractive differently. "

Agreed.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I am guilty of this!

I've had messages from guys who I've deemed 'way out of my league' and guys who I've thought 'actually,...you're not my type', but after bumping into them at clubs or socials, and have them telling me that I messaged saying I wasn't interested, I've found that after chatting to them and seeing them in the flesh, I am attracted to them!?

This has happened to me on two occasions. This is why I like to have a social meet first.

Basingstoke

If I remember correctly, multiple men offered to help the blonde woman before she'd even got to the stairs, whereas very few people offered to help the other lady, even when she pretended to really struggle..."

But the fat one needed the exercise

The beautiful people reign

» Add a new message to this topic