FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Crap Runners’ Club WEEK SEVEN (12-18 Feb) PART TWO!!!

Fab Crap Runners’ Club WEEK SEVEN (12-18 Feb) PART TWO!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Chat away fabulous people!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Cambridge

STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS

FAB CRAP RUNNERS' CLUB SOCIAL!!!!!!!

I am beyond excited to announce a Fab Crap Runners' Club social at the end of week nine. After plotting everyone's location on a map (yes, I do need to get a life), and with the help of Twat, I have picked a fairly-central parkrun with a pub/cafe nearby.

Date:

Saturday 3rd March at 9am (meet from 8.30am)

Venue:

Great Denham parkrun http://www.parkrun.org.uk/greatdenham/

Followed by:

Coffee, cake and gossip at about 10am at Brewers' Fayre, Marsh Leys, MK42 7FY

What to do:

Put the date in your diary and register for free with parkrun on the link above. I'll figure out the finer details ASAP.

RSVP:

Please let me know on this thread if you're intending to come along.

But, but, but:

I know - it's bloody terrifying! Running with actual runners at an actual event! But you have options.

(i) I will do the course with the slowest person in our group (and may well be the slowest person come to think of it). If we need to walk the whole thing, that's what we'll do. So no one in our group will be last - the slowest two of us will cross the line together.

(ii) I'll come up with a way of us identifying each other that doesn't "out" us as Fab-folk. I won't carry a giant sign that says "Swingers Assemble Here".

(iii) If you don't want to do the course or you're not ready for it, my other-half will be hobbling around on an ongoing knee-injury at the finishing line and will gladly stand with you and chat away about all sorts of rubbish.

(iv) Or, if you have any sense at all, you'll feign injury and just meet us in the pub afterwards.

Now back the the thread....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Reporting in

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Reporting in "

Me too.

By *lla_maiWoman  over a year ago

staffordshire

Next jogs planned for tomorrow and sunday

By *itch and TwatCouple  over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

"Next jogs planned for tomorrow and sunday"

Jogging? Never...stumbling maybe, controlled falling, or even staggering...but never jogging. We are toddlers chasing pugs remember...

#CrapRunnersDon’tJogThey RunAlbeitCrappily

staffordshire

"Next jogs planned for tomorrow and sunday

Jogging? Never...stumbling maybe, controlled falling, or even staggering...but never jogging. We are toddlers chasing pugs remember...

#CrapRunnersDon’tJogThey RunAlbeitCrappily

"

More like stumbling, crawling and dragging myself along to be fair

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

Got a lift to work today so could take advantage of feeling fitter by walking to station and home.

Absolutely shattered

just checking in so I know where thread is.

Cambridge

In a moment of friendliness, I’ve sent friend requests to all you lovely folk. Feel free to accept if you like to (I’d love to see you in my updates) or ignore if you prefer (no hard feelings).

A couple of the requests were blocked because of filters. If I haven’t friend requested you but you like to be friends, drop me a request.

X

Not going to make my weekly 5k this Sunday due to having my son and Geeky working so will think of something closer to home for Sunday

Ads

Cambridge

"Not going to make my weekly 5k this Sunday due to having my son and Geeky working so will think of something closer to home for Sunday

Ads"

Ads - are you and Geeky free for the social?

"Not going to make my weekly 5k this Sunday due to having my son and Geeky working so will think of something closer to home for Sunday

Ads

Ads - are you and Geeky free for the social? "

Sadly no, we don’t very often get free weekends, with next weekend and the wedding weekend being the only acceptions, also we don’t have any transport at the moment lol.

We would love to have come though, we would love to meet people from the forums.

Geeky x

Ads

Sadly no, we don’t very often get free weekends, with next weekend and the wedding weekend being the only acceptions, also we don’t have any transport at the moment lol.

We would love to have come though, we would love to meet people from the forums.

Geeky x"

Same, would love to be meet you crazy Pug chasers, but weekends are off limits as well Ads and Geeky, if another date is organised and you need a lift just ask x

Near Rushden Lakes

Ads

Geeky x

Same, would love to be meet you crazy Pug chasers, but weekends are off limits as well Ads and Geeky, if another date is organised and you need a lift just ask x"

Sounds like an evening social is required at some point...

Cambridge

Ads

Geeky x

Same, would love to be meet you crazy Pug chasers, but weekends are off limits as well Ads and Geeky, if another date is organised and you need a lift just ask x

Sounds like an evening social is required at some point..."

We don’t have to run do we???

By *imply fun40Man  over a year ago

Rural Leics

Hi everyone!

Cambridge

"Hi everyone! "

Hi and welcome! What kind of running do you do? If you’re good you can give advice and, if you’re crap, that’s great! Let us know what you’re up to and we’ll cheer you on.

Swapping my lunchtime run for a bike ride today, but don't worry I'm not wearing lycra.

Rural Leics

Hi everyone. New to the forum so please bear with me!

Rural Leics

I'm training for a marathon so I'm getting the miles in! Happy to offer advice if needed

Dont forget hill training it will pay dividends for your races

Rural Leics

"Dont forget hill training it will pay dividends for your races"

Also good for your ass muscles!!

Ads

Geeky x

We don’t have to run do we??? "

I don’t think Geeky will run lol

Ads

Cambridge

Ads

Geeky x

We don’t have to run do we???

I don’t think Geeky will run lol

Ads"

That’s fine. Geeky and I will get the drinks in and talk about you...

Cambridge

"I'm training for a marathon so I'm getting the miles in! Happy to offer advice if needed "

A marathon? Wow. Which one?

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

I was signed up to do a duathlon a few months ago, its in march and i thought thats plenty of time to train............ yeah thats not happened haha

Not been for a run in 10 years, think i may struggle!

Just checking in I'm sick at the minute so not running at the mo x keep going tho guys wish I could come the social x

By *ertsDrewMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

Drew's in Mrs T x

Near Rushden Lakes

"Drew's in Mrs T x"

In where?

Cambridge

"Drew's in Mrs T x

In where? "

So rude!

Hitchin

Wherever Mrs T wants me

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

I’ve just completed run 3 of this week, 25 minutes. Very relieved because even though I’ve done 25 minutes twice before I failed on Wednesday.

The rain wasn’t a problem but I think the gusty winds were, it’s really difficult to keep a continuous pace up when the wind is going from 15mph to 30 mph and I’m trying to run into it.

Time for rest now, and panting like a dog with his head out of a car window

"I’ve just completed run 3 of this week, 25 minutes. Very relieved because even though I’ve done 25 minutes twice before I failed on Wednesday.

The rain wasn’t a problem but I think the gusty winds were, it’s really difficult to keep a continuous pace up when the wind is going from 15mph to 30 mph and I’m trying to run into it.

Time for rest now, and panting like a dog with his head out of a car window "

Good work, running with the wind is never easy!

Hitchin

For the record I'm a pretty experienced runner but have joined here to meet like minded people.

I've signed up to do the Edinburgh Half Marathon in May.

I'm considering doing Sofia in October. Well assuming Sofia is agreeable!

"Drew's in Mrs T x"

Pictures or it didn't happen

Near Rushden Lakes

"I’ve just completed run 3 of this week, 25 minutes. Very relieved because even though I’ve done 25 minutes twice before I failed on Wednesday.

Time for rest now, and panting like a dog with his head out of a car window "

Try continuous perceived effort rather continuous pace...this works for terrain (hills, grass, paths) as well as wind. Think of a scale of 1-5 where 1 is very easy and 5 is very hard (ooer) and try to keep at 2 or 3. Running at 4 is achievable for short periods, but if you get to 5 that’s the time to slow down a lot or stop.

By *ookingforlustMan  over a year ago

northants

"Swapping my lunchtime run for a bike ride today, but don't worry I'm not wearing lycra. "

Lunatic!! Get off the fecking road!! (Shakes fist angrily at cyclists as he passes)

I stupidly told my personal trainer/evil hell cat that I was struggling with this.

She made me run. A lot. I almost vomited. I definitely cried. I’m never running on her watch again. Sadistic cow.

However tomorrow Imma gonna beat the crap out of week 4.

Bedford

Time for rest now, and panting like a dog with his head out of a car window

Try continuous perceived effort rather continuous pace...this works for terrain (hills, grass, paths) as well as wind. Think of a scale of 1-5 where 1 is very easy and 5 is very hard (ooer) and try to keep at 2 or 3. Running at 4 is achievable for short periods, but if you get to 5 that’s the time to slow down a lot or stop. "

That sounds sensible and intelligent, just the thing that makes up for the shit guessing I would do otherwise.

Bedford

"I stupidly told my personal trainer/evil hell cat that I was struggling with this.

She made me run. A lot. I almost vomited. I definitely cried. I’m never running on her watch again. Sadistic cow.

However tomorrow Imma gonna beat the crap out of week 4. "

Excellent news that you’re still alive after a session with the sadist, you are totally going to kick Week 4’s arse

Cambridge

"I stupidly told my personal trainer/evil hell cat that I was struggling with this.

However tomorrow Imma gonna beat the crap out of week 4. "

You are going to do the bloody thing!! What time are you attempting it?

Ads

Geeky x

Same, would love to be meet you crazy Pug chasers, but weekends are off limits as well Ads and Geeky, if another date is organised and you need a lift just ask x"

Awe thank you!! With enough notice if it’s my boys weekend their dad is a bit more open to me swapping about. Fingers crossed xx

By *lueWonderMan  over a year ago

Preston.....ish

I have been a bad fab runner this week..... It's the weather's fault, soooo bloody cold.

I hope to resume soon as the lack of running is actually annoying me

"I have been a bad fab runner this week..... It's the weather's fault, soooo bloody cold.

I hope to resume soon as the lack of running is actually annoying me "

Yeh be careful in that cold it contributes to joggers nips ouch!!

Ads

By *imidWoman  over a year ago

Stoke/Cheshire

I ran again Wednesday, and running in the morning, not looking forward to it 25mins

I can't make the social, but should be doing local park run on the 10th march if I'm still living

ely

Must sign up this weekend

Tomorrow night's hot date requires more walking to and from stations.

Near Rushden Lakes

So who is out getting hot and sweaty today? RUNNING you filthy lot!

"So who is out getting hot and sweaty today? RUNNING you filthy lot!"

Running no, jogging yes, filthy... Yes

Just done 25 minutes!!!! week 6 completed

Near Rushden Lakes

"So who is out getting hot and sweaty today? RUNNING you filthy lot!

Just done 25 minutes!!!! week 6 completed "

Toddling? Woooooooo hooooooo!

staffordshire

Tomorrow is the next one. Skipped yesterdays. All for a good cause of course

Cambridge

"I have been a bad fab runner this week..... It's the weather's fault, soooo bloody cold.

I hope to resume soon as the lack of running is actually annoying me "

Bad Fab Crap Runners is a legitimate splinter group.

It’s ok to have been bad. But get yourself going again. Don’t make me spend my time going through your bins to discover your dodgy secrets, then having to cut letters out of newspaper to spell “Get running or I’ll tell everyone your fetish is smearing yourself in Pot Noodle while wearing rubber gloves”.

The choice is yours...

Cambridge

"I ran again Wednesday, and running in the morning, not looking forward to it 25mins

I can't make the social, but should be doing local park run on the 10th march if I'm still living "

Good luck! I know you can do it! Tell us how it goes.

Cambridge

"Must sign up this weekend

Tomorrow night's hot date requires more walking to and from stations."

We’ll be needing a full report on this date, Harry...

Cambridge

Just done 25 minutes!!!! week 6 completed "

OMG! Very, very well done!!!! How was it?!

Cambridge

Me. I’ll be going out mid morning.

Cambridge

MilesAwayGirl has been stuck for a while on week four, but she’s attempting it again today.

MilesAwayGirl - We’re all cheering you on. It only matters that you’re being active and getting your heart rate up. The rest is just arbitrary.

But I’ve got a funny feeling you’re going to smash it! Go reeeeeeeeally slowly. So that old people on Zimmer frames speed by you. And then kick its arse so you never have to be on week four again!

Go for it MilesAwayGirl!!!!

Me. Definitely! Been neglecting my own running too much lately, and just had a WTF moment when I stepped on the scales....

And when I get back, gonna enter a race, not got nothing in the diary yet for this year and need that to help motivate me.

Not that I'm excluding getting hot and sweaty in other ways later today.......

By *razyhorse58Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Off to local Park Run, looks like ideal weather today

"MilesAwayGirl has been stuck for a while on week four, but she’s attempting it again today.

MilesAwayGirl - We’re all cheering you on. It only matters that you’re being active and getting your heart rate up. The rest is just arbitrary.

But I’ve got a funny feeling you’re going to smash it! Go reeeeeeeeally slowly. So that old people on Zimmer frames speed by you. And then kick its arse so you never have to be on week four again!

Go for it MilesAwayGirl!!!! "

Go girl!!!

#GirlPower

Cambridge

Me. Definitely! Been neglecting my own running too much lately, and just had a WTF moment when I stepped on the scales....

And when I get back, gonna enter a race, not got nothing in the diary yet for this year and need that to help motivate me.

Not that I'm excluding getting hot and sweaty in other ways later today......."

I saw from your status that you’re child free this weekend you lucky things! I’m gaining two more today bringing the total for the weekend to five.

Not that I'm excluding getting hot and sweaty in other ways later today.......

I saw from your status that you’re child free this weekend you lucky things! I’m gaining two more today bringing the total for the weekend to five. "

That sounds like 5 too many!

Was only for last night, think they both rolled in about 3am. Think they might both be out again tonight though, fingers crossed!

ely

We’ll be needing a full report on this date, Harry..."

As in strava stats of my walking, the average of the gig attendees, the quality of the gig or the fact I have 3 tickets and am taking 2 women lol.

"MilesAwayGirl has been stuck for a while on week four, but she’s attempting it again today.

Routing for you over here, you'll smash it out of the park

Run - done

Race - entered

Knee - solid

Head - back in the game

Happy days

Spent my run this morning thinking about my running goals, and what I want to achieve. Had something in mind for a while, but this morning I mentally committed to it.

Hence today was week 1 run 1 of a 91 week programme!!

Anyone else looking ahead past the end of c2c and a park run, and wondering about the next challenge?

staffordshire

"Run - done

Race - entered

Knee - solid

Head - back in the game

Happy days

Spent my run this morning thinking about my running goals, and what I want to achieve. Had something in mind for a while, but this morning I mentally committed to it.

Anyone else looking ahead past the end of c2c and a park run, and wondering about the next challenge?"

Whats the 91 week programme for? Whats the goal?

I entered a 5k colour obstacle run. Thats my aim for now, hoping for it to be the first of many

OMG! Very, very well done!!!! How was it?! "

Was really good, hated the thought of jogging for 25 minutes non stop. I also didnt like it when an experienced runner went past me, but I did enjoy the view until he disappeared out of sight but I took my time and didn't stop!

Go girl, go girl, you can do it

"Run - done

Race - entered

Knee - solid

Head - back in the game

Happy days

Anyone else looking ahead past the end of c2c and a park run, and wondering about the next challenge?"

That's brilliant! What race have you chosen?

I'm doing the 5k Race for Life in the summer. I've been wanting to do it for years, but I knew I would struggle and didn't want the embrassment , but I have confidence I can get do it now, thanks to you lovely people

Never done one of those colour runs though have seen them, look like a lot of fun if you don't mind the washing afterwards!

And never ever be embarrassed about getting out there and giving it a go. As the old cliche goes, you're still lapping everyone on the couch

I've been last in races before, and you always get a massive amount of encouragement and support from the marshalls and volunteers, don't be discouraged because you think you're "Not good enough" these events ate very inclusive and are particularly aimed at beginners and slower runners. So no excuses, get out there and Run!

My goals - a series of races over the course of 2019. I've done them all before over a few years, but never all in the same year, so want to challenge myself to try and do that.

Won't be easy, but then where's the fun of a challenge that takes no effort!

Cambridge

As in strava stats of my walking, the average of the gig attendees, the quality of the gig or the fact I have 3 tickets and am taking 2 women lol. "

Ha ha ha. Good luck!

Cambridge

"Run - done

Race - entered

Knee - solid

Head - back in the game

Happy days

That’s fantastic. So what’s the race and is the training for a marathon?!

Cambridge

"Run - done

Race - entered

Knee - solid

Head - back in the game

Happy days

Anyone else looking ahead past the end of c2c and a park run, and wondering about the next challenge?

I entered a 5k colour obstacle run. Thats my aim for now, hoping for it to be the first of many"

An obstacle race?! That sounds great. When is it?

Cambridge

OMG! Very, very well done!!!! How was it?!

Was really good, hated the thought of jogging for 25 minutes non stop. I also didnt like it when an experienced runner went past me, but I did enjoy the view until he disappeared out of sight but I took my time and didn't stop!"

25 mins is such a lot. I know what you mean about dreading it. Pace is the key for me too.

Cambridge

"Run - done

Race - entered

Knee - solid

Head - back in the game

Happy days

That's brilliant! What race have you chosen?

I'm doing the 5k Race for Life in the summer. I've been wanting to do it for years, but I knew I would struggle and didn't want the embrassment , but I have confidence I can get do it now, thanks to you lovely people "

You’ll be great. You’re right - it does suddenly seem possible.

Cambridge

"Never done one of those colour runs though have seen them, look like a lot of fun if you don't mind the washing afterwards!

And never ever be embarrassed about getting out there and giving it a go. As the old cliche goes, you're still lapping everyone on the couch

I've been last in races before, and you always get a massive amount of encouragement and support from the marshalls and volunteers, don't be discouraged because you think you're "Not good enough" these events ate very inclusive and are particularly aimed at beginners and slower runners. So no excuses, get out there and Run!

My goals - a series of races over the course of 2019. I've done them all before over a few years, but never all in the same year, so want to challenge myself to try and do that.

Won't be easy, but then where's the fun of a challenge that takes no effort! "

I love that - “you’re still lapping everyone on the couch”!

Is the 91 weeks with a particular birthday in mind?

Running lots of races through the year is a great goal. A great way of seeing your progress.

Cambridge

I ran today. It’s sooooooo much nicer to run in mild weather. For once I wasn’t freezing as I started.

My next door neighbour and one of the dads from school were both on the field but I stuck to my snail’s pace and managed it.

staffordshire

"Run - done

Race - entered

Knee - solid

Head - back in the game

Happy days

I entered a 5k colour obstacle run. Thats my aim for now, hoping for it to be the first of many

An obstacle race?! That sounds great. When is it? "

Its in july so plenty of time to keep practising and hopefully beable to get round without a problem. It looked fun thats the reason i chose it rather than a straight 5km run. Looks to be all inflatable obstacles from pictures ive seen

"I ran today. It’s sooooooo much nicer to run in mild weather. For once I wasn’t freezing as I started.

My next door neighbour and one of the dads from school were both on the field but I stuck to my snail’s pace and managed it. "

Woohoo

Pace will come, just focus on time for now....

Or focus on the dad/neighbour, whatever inspires you to keep going

"Never done one of those colour runs though have seen them, look like a lot of fun if you don't mind the washing afterwards!

Won't be easy, but then where's the fun of a challenge that takes no effort!

I love that - “you’re still lapping everyone on the couch”!

Is the 91 weeks with a particular birthday in mind?

Running lots of races through the year is a great goal. A great way of seeing your progress. "

No, had a big birthday year in 2016, so got a while yet till the next big one!

This is just going to be something to keep me amused and focussed on my training and hence general health and well being. Plus I'll get medals!!

Stoke/Cheshire

That's week 6 in the bag, and 25 min run done even if at snails pace, so glad I saw this original post and started this journey, I'd have never thought it possible. So thank you

"That's week 6 in the bag, and 25 min run done even if at snails pace, so glad I saw this original post and started this journey, I'd have never thought it possible. So thank you "

Well done, hope you are proud of yourself x

So what next? parkrun?

Stoke/Cheshire

"That's week 6 in the bag, and 25 min run done even if at snails pace, so glad I saw this original post and started this journey, I'd have never thought it possible. So thank you

So what next? parkrun?"

3 more weeks to go park run 10th march

"That's week 6 in the bag, and 25 min run done even if at snails pace, so glad I saw this original post and started this journey, I'd have never thought it possible. So thank you

So what next? parkrun?

3 more weeks to go park run 10th march "

You'll smash it! Perhaps repeat week 6 a couple more times, then cut back for the third week so you are feeling fresh for park run, give yourself the best chance to complete it

I'm bang up for it was looking to do a park run xx

Aww damn. Wish I lived on mainland. I really need to get back into running

I only bloody did it.

I had a gym class and the trainer was an absolute fecking Ken doll douchebag. So I had a mad. Left gym. Went home. Kept my gym kit on and selected my ‘fuck you’ playlist. Pressed play and ran when that Sarah Millican told me too. Running (fast waddling) when mad is actually really good for the old motivation. I did it!!

Thanks guys and dolls. You’re a wonderful help too! Imma just gonna faceplant the sofa now.

I only bloody did it.

I had a gym class and the trainer was an absolute fecking Ken doll douchebag. So I had a mad. Left gym. Went home. Kept my gym kit on and selected my ‘fuck you’ playlist. Pressed play and ran when that Sarah Millican told me too. Running (fast waddling) when mad is actually really good for the old motivation. I did it!!

Thanks guys and dolls. You’re a wonderful help too! Imma just gonna faceplant the sofa now. "

Excellent news i need your 'fuck you' play list

"Excellent news i need your 'fuck you' play list "

It’s mostly angry thrashy songs interspersed with Alanis and Skunk Anansie. Real cliche stuff

staffordshire

I only bloody did it.

Thanks guys and dolls. You’re a wonderful help too! Imma just gonna faceplant the sofa now. "

Well done persistance paid off

I only bloody did it.

We had no doubt you'd do it this time x

Bedford

Well done to everyone that ran this week, if it went well or it went like shit I’m still proud of you because you keep at it.

Running would be easy if we were good at it, running when you’re as crap as us takes real determination, you’re all awesome

"Excellent news i need your 'fuck you' play list

It’s mostly angry thrashy songs interspersed with Alanis and Skunk Anansie. Real cliche stuff "

Ok maybe not lol i need some really good fast dance/trance music, not listened to my punk stuff for years and have to be in the mood for it

"Well done to everyone that ran this week, if it went well or it went like shit I’m still proud of you because you keep at it.

Running would be easy if we were good at it, running when you’re as crap as us takes real determination, you’re all awesome "

I must say that i love these threads as it gives me a feel good factor even if i didn't do well

Cambridge

I only bloody did it.

You bloody star!!! Ken Doll Douchebag - ha ha ha ha. I guess he got you fitter. If only by pissing you off!

It’s a huge achievement to have cracked the one you were stuck on. Fabulous!

I don't use a playlist to be honest I get caught up in the beat and start dancing rather than running and I can't dance lol

So how many fabbers are we looking at for the bedford run at the start of March xx

"I don't use a playlist to be honest I get caught up in the beat and start dancing rather than running and I can't dance lol"

I'm the same, can't run to music as I can't control my pace, end up running too fast generally. The only album I've got on with when running is Urban Hymns, helped me zone out on a long run and helped the miles slip by

"So how many fabbers are we looking at for the bedford run at the start of March xx"

I'm a possible, just waiting on confirmation of a possible prior commitment helping a friend move house.

I'm sure Mrs T will be along in a minute to let us know who's on her parkrun spreadsheet

Cambridge

"So how many fabbers are we looking at for the bedford run at the start of March xx

I'm a possible, just waiting on confirmation of a possible prior commitment helping a friend move house.

I'm sure Mrs T will be along in a minute to let us know who's on her parkrun spreadsheet "

*Slips gleefully towards the spreadsheet*

London

I’ve spent the day running up and down stairs on the underground and I’ve walked bloody miles so my planned run tonight has been postponed until tomorrow.

I’ve alsi got an ouchy knee.

ely

As in strava stats of my walking, the average of the gig attendees, the quality of the gig or the fact I have 3 tickets and am taking 2 women lol.

Ha ha ha. Good luck! "

My walk to the butchers ladies which is my regular Saturday run is now that I have finally used Strava 0.7 miles Couldn't use Strava to station as was saving the battery (iphone4s and it is that bad even though I replaced battery within the last year).

I was during the second half the youngest person at the gig lol. We all loved it and at one point both ladies had their hand on my knees. Nearest I have got to a threesome this year

Near Rushden Lakes

"Well done to everyone that ran this week, if it went well or it went like shit I’m still proud of you because you keep at it.

Running would be easy if we were good at it, running when you’re as crap as us takes real determination, you’re all awesome "

Yep, doing something, not nothing, is the first part of being a toddler chasing a pug...you are beating every other wannabe that hasn’t been out this week. Still got Sunday (today!) if you wannabe a non-wannabe though...

Moobs Twat (11lbs down in 2018)

"I don't use a playlist to be honest I get caught up in the beat and start dancing rather than running and I can't dance lol

I'm the same, can't run to music as I can't control my pace, end up running too fast generally. The only album I've got on with when running is Urban Hymns, helped me zone out on a long run and helped the miles slip by"

I have found when running with others I tend to pick up there pace rather than my own hence I generally train on my to but it doesn't help when I do end up running with others as I either run to fast or to slow xx I'll just hang at the back and check out all the bums lol

"I’ve spent the day running up and down stairs on the underground and I’ve walked bloody miles so my planned run tonight has been postponed until tomorrow.

I’ve alsi got an ouchy knee. "

Sounds like you had a good day, lots of good exercise.

Go easy with that knee today! x

By *iberatedPairCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

Just checking in. Week 6 day 2 later today. Once the frost lifts.

Bedford

"Just checking in. Week 6 day 2 later today. Once the frost lifts. "

Well done! Get out there and kick it’s arse

I was gonna run and make inroads into week 5 (yes! Week 5 halleloo!)

But then I saw a whole 1kg pack of Cadbury’s fingers for £1. Game over.

"I was gonna run and make inroads into week 5 (yes! Week 5 halleloo!)

But then I saw a whole 1kg pack of Cadbury’s fingers for £1. Game over. "

That's a whole lot of finger action for a quiet Sunday Morning!

That's a whole lot of finger action for a quiet Sunday Morning!"

Girl after my own heart for both comments

Cambridge

It was the only sensible decision you could have made.

By *urious and openmindedCouple  over a year ago

under the sea

Just stumbled across this thread

Used to run lots park runs / 10k / halfs

Lost motivation after the dog got a heart murmur but after 12 weeks off work last year from ops it's probably time I got back on it

Did the jnr park run today with the kid

It's a start lol

By *iberatedPairCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

Yayyyy week 6 day 2 done and some. Totalled 7km. Furthest this year.

Good luck to everybody this week. Keep up the good work

By *issy and GingeCouple  over a year ago

Poole

It’s great to see so many people getting up and out, Park runs are fantastic for this, walk, walk & jog, or go for a pb.

I’m up to my fifty something park run and love to visit other runs when weare out and about.

It would be cool to meet for a Park run social

Anyone else a park run tourist?

Nobody can resist chocolate fingers xxx and no that's not code lol

Bedford

You can run it off tomorrow, eating chocolate is an ideal way to spend your rest day

London

No run as planned, instead I was forced on a Mobike for a canal path ride; solid tyres and no bloody gears! My poor knees.

You can run it off tomorrow, eating chocolate is an ideal way to spend your rest day "

I didn’t eat them all. Just a few with a brew.

Worth it!

staffordshire

Done 2.5 miles this morning then out walking with my mum and the dogs for another 5 miles

Bedford

"Done 2.5 miles this morning then out walking with my mum and the dogs for another 5 miles "

Impressive! Were the dogs setting the pace or were you?

staffordshire

"Done 2.5 miles this morning then out walking with my mum and the dogs for another 5 miles

Impressive! Were the dogs setting the pace or were you? "

More my mum. Quite a slow pace much slower than im used to that it was sometimes difficult to keep at But it was lovely spending time with them and being outdoors too

You can run it off tomorrow, eating chocolate is an ideal way to spend your rest day

I didn’t eat them all. Just a few with a brew.

Worth it!"

Stopped before the packet was empty? Not a concept I'm aware of!!

"No run as planned, instead I was forced on a Mobike for a canal path ride; solid tyres and no bloody gears! My poor knees. "

Gone up and down the Leicester canal towpath many times on my bike, even with gears and suspension it leaves my arse in a sorry state so you have my every sympathy!!

"It’s great to see so many people getting up and out, Park runs are fantastic for this, walk, walk & jog, or go for a pb.

I’m up to my fifty something park run and love to visit other runs when weare out and about.

It would be cool to meet for a Park run social

Anyone else a park run tourist?"

Check out the first thread message for parkrun social details

London

"No run as planned, instead I was forced on a Mobike for a canal path ride; solid tyres and no bloody gears! My poor knees.

Gone up and down the Leicester canal towpath many times on my bike, even with gears and suspension it leaves my arse in a sorry state so you have my every sympathy!! "

I’ve also spent years doing that, almost fallen in a few times too and the number of times I’ve cracked my helmet on that low bridge on the way to the LRI. It’s bloody dangerous!

Cambridge

"Aww damn. Wish I lived on mainland. I really need to get back into running "

Join in - we don't meet in person - we each run and then we chat about it. You're really welcome.

ely

Feeling part human for first time in 5 weeks.

Watch this space......

Cambridge

"Feeling part human for first time in 5 weeks.

Watch this space......"

Ha ha ha ha - watch out women!!!

Cambridge

NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD...

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/729896

ely

"Feeling part human for first time in 5 weeks.

Watch this space......

Ha ha ha ha - watch out women!!!"

Never a truer word was spoken lol

» Add a new message to this topic