FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Verifications and fakes

Verifications and fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aste OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

Is it us or is anyone else experiencing so many fakes appearing on this site.

We feel the verification process should change to be only MEET IN PERSON.

Then they are truly real swingers.

e.g.

VERIFIED BY PHONE.

Just spoke to the male partner.

This could be a verification, which gets hidden and hey-presto they appear real.

VERIFIED BY WEBCAM

We've been caught out by this one.

It is so easy to copy a webcam and also be fooled by it.

GOLD AND SILVER MEMBERS.

Should people only be allowed this who have been verified, by again, MEETING IN PERSON.

Lets get all your opinions on this as after all this site is for swingers and not pic collectors and time wasters.

Then and only then- you will know you're talking to real swingers and if you get no reply, simples they're not interested.

LOVE FEEDBACK ON THIS,BECAUSE WE'RE A GENUINE COUPLE WHO ARE THINKING OF LEAVING THE SITE-BECAUSE-IT'S GETTING SPOILED.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I agree.

I've never and would never verify anybody by webcam. Ok, they may be sat there for all to see but it doesn't mean they will actually show to an arranged meet, does it?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

actually, this is a site for people to enjoy however they want, somepeople like only to play on cam or watch people playing on cam, some people like a bit of phone sex, some people might never meet anyone else but like the 'naughty' feeling of being on a site centred around sex to spice up their own sex life.

Verifications are a good advert of how good you are and that you meet up with people if thats how yo like o play but they are not a sign that someone is not a timewaster or a fake really.

Only chatting to a person and getting to know them and getting a feel for them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or separate out the 'meeting in person' and give it it's own 'badge'?

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

If you don't like it the door is behind you, don't let it hit you on the way out.

Sorry if that comes across as blunt, but at the end of the day, I will use this site as I see fit, not as someone else dictates. If you don't like verifications by cam or phone, don't meet people that have them. Simples

Do you not think that some folk give out fake verifications anyway? Changing it to only 'meeting in person' will not make a jot of difference.

We've had a prolific forum troll come on here with quite a few fake 'meeting in person' verifications under many different guises... many of us trusted those verifications were real and so trusted the profile(s).

We only agree to meet people who we have verified ourselves now by chatting on the phone or we have met previously.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Can you just clarify what you mean by 'fakes' and how you know they are?

Ive got and idea , why dont we just scrap the verifications totally then we could work out for ourselves if we want to meet people or not without having to rely on what other people may think of them . Ah ok I see a problem already people would then complain about not having verification system so the answer I think is use the site and facilities the best way it suits you and stop worrying about how other people use it

hey we're not verified still havin a ball tho

There is no need at all to change the verification system. If you only want to meet people who have met others in person, then only contact and communicate with those who have been verified for meeting in person…. and ignore anyone else. I would have thought this was a pretty obvious way to do things.

But I am still curious as to what the OP means by 'fakes'.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

London and Cheshire

The current verification system is just a tool, you can use it has you feel fit or ignore it if you wish.

Personally we don't meet people who ONLY have phone or cam verifications. We look at peoples verifications and who has given them their verifications, this give us an overall picture for us to decide whether to meet or not. In general it has worked well for us.

But just because someone has turned up for someone else doesn't mean they will for you!

all veri,s shown on my profile are from socials and partys none of them show that we swing does that make us fake ? nope i dont think so, we invited 10 single guys to a recent party all verified by meeting in person and only 3 turned up ,get a grip and move on if you dont like the way the site is run close the door on your way out and stop winging ,if the site had a pound for every verification post in the forums they would be extremely rich

i've met someone for coffee,, but i'll tease you and lead you on, plan the place and time and still not show up

veri's only prove the person is of the same sex as the profile indicates, and if by webcam it can be so that the pictures match up.

By *aste OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

These are all good commments, firstly we do not tell people how to live their lives.

It was written to avoke comment from all parties and different points of view.

Everyones time is precious, no-one likes to be cheaten with dishonesty.

please continue posting

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I once met this faker, never again!

I had done all my prep work (shit, shave, shower) and was excited to meet this lovely lade only to discover when meeting her in a car park that she was a cardboard cut out.

You can't tell on her pics. Still I had a little wank on her and made a mess of her cardboard face ha!

Can I get a high five guys!

Webcam and phone verifications don't mean a lot to us at all. Like the OP says with webcams they are so easy to fake so we take little or no notice of them. To be honest even meet ones are only there to give you a guide and you should chat to someone and do a social meet before you can really say what someone's intentions are here.

"I once met this faker, never again!

I had done all my prep work (shit, shave, shower) and was excited to meet this lovely lade only to discover when meeting her in a car park that she was a cardboard cut out.

You can't tell on her pics. Still I had a little wank on her and made a mess of her cardboard face ha!

Can I get a high five guys!"

Reminds me of going to a social and staying at a premier inn , went up to room and someone had put a cardboard cut out of Lenny Henry on bed scared me stupid to begin with

You can have a high five if you like

Forum Mod

Morning

ooppps have walked into the wrong thread,im off to find a happy one

in the night garden

"You can have a high five if you like "

(((HIGH FIVE)))

in the night garden

"Morning

ooppps have walked into the wrong thread,im off to find a happy one"

Hold on, I'm coming with you!

You all rase valid points but the site is for everyone to use, it's up to you to find out who will meet up and play. You can see through many fakes. You just need time to txt with them. As some one did to me I booked the hotel in my name then we went half's on the bill

I stunning night was had. (;/))

"I once met this faker, never again!

Can I get a high five guys!"

*high fives*

We've been duped into meeting a cardboard cut out of Spiderman

I couldn't shag it because it was too stiff

Meet at socials and through friends and friends of friends

Then use the site to keep in contact with genuine swingers

That's what I've always done xx

in the night garden

"

*high fives*

I couldn't shag it because it was too stiff "

I feel your pain (not literally ). I think there was a thread about meets being too hard the other week that you might want to dip into. xxx

id love to know how you can falsely verify a webcam?

surely through chatting to someone you can see their facial expressions change and respond to what your typing, also arent you supposed to do the whole 'hold 8 fingers up' thing

"id love to know how you can falsely verify a webcam?

surely through chatting to someone you can see their facial expressions change and respond to what your typing, also arent you supposed to do the whole 'hold 8 fingers up' thing

"

You go in chat, play a clip, then ask people who watched it to verify you.

"

*high fives*

I couldn't shag it because it was too stiff

I feel your pain (not literally ). I think there was a thread about meets being too hard the other week that you might want to dip into. xxx"

Cheers bro... I'll go take a look

in the night garden

"

What kind of people do you cam with madam!?

8 fingers up? Disgusting! Tut.

You go in chat, play a clip, then ask people who watched it to verify you."

ah ok

What kind of people do you cam with madam!?

8 fingers up? Disgusting! Tut."

ffs pmsl...didn't mean it like that. If i was going to veri you for example id ask you to hold x amount of fingers up to the camera so i can see your responding to my requests and not just a video playing

You go in chat, play a clip, then ask people who watched it to verify you."

There are lots who do and get away with it and not just on here but other sites too.

FFs…. Clean-up the site !!!!!….. it’s a free site with an option that allows people to sponsor its existence if they so wish……

So obviously it will attract a vast cross section of people with differing objectives… …. …. The site already provides simple and effective rules to supplement an unwritten code of preferred behaviour which genuine swingers "individually" interpret, primarily to suit their own objectives….!.

We all know,,,,, Some people obey site rules and some people don’t, but that will never change no matter how much new legalisation is put in place…… (A law breaker will not obey any legislation no matter how easy or hard it is to get around!”)

However people who operate within the present rules, could easily find themselves being labelled timewasters or fakers because of the unavoidable creation of loop-holes that come along with the introduction of new legislation!,,,,,,,,,, “You can’t lockdown the internet!!!!!”

Sorry but all I’m getting from this phrase “ clean the site up” is simply nothing more than a dictatorial attempt at Ethnic cleansing…….!.

It makes me smile that individuals demand insignificant and ineffectual change’s to what is already a great site,,,,, simply because of what they want!!!!!

I cant help but think to myself , if people are so unhappy with this site because of the unavoidable existence of few fakers and timewasters,,,, why don't they leave and start their own site!!!

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Or separate out the 'meeting in person' and give it it's own 'badge'?"

You can choose to return people who've met in person only using the advanced search page.

http://www.fabswingers.com/browse/advanced

Admin x

"Or separate out the 'meeting in person' and give it it's own 'badge'?

You can choose to return people who've met in person only using the advanced search page.

Admin x"

Thats fine but doesn't help distinguishing people with hidden verifications or in the filter system only accepting messages from met only verifications.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

In the advanced search you can search for people who have had meets, so you can choose who to speak to.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Damn, should have read to the end of the thread.

We don't pay any attention to phone or cam veris and even with veris from meeting in person, like someone said above, just because they turned up for that person, doesn't mean they will turn up for us. Veris are just one part of our vetting system and we have had very few problems. There will always be a bit of messing about but thats life. My feminine intuition combined with mr's common sense seems to work for us!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so what do i think.... okay... I'll tell you but I don't think the OP and many people are going to like it...

I think verification has become such a "be all and end all" for some people that they are now using it as a substitute for there own sense.... and in the real world would people place such high importance on the word of other people they don't know!!!

what did we all do before the magic world of verification.... we all went and did our own research..we all took our time to find out about people and we all went and did our own due diligence on people....

you wouldn't go out, for example,and buy a car solely based on the opinions of people you don't know....you would still go out and check it out yourself

some people seem to have forgotten that... or have just become lazy and reliant on one tool!!! verification has become this magic instrument... when in effect it should be treated like a pinch of salt... if even that!!!

Admin x

Thats fine but doesn't help distinguishing people with hidden verifications or in the filter system only accepting messages from met only verifications."

Is it really too much to expect to hit the delete button for yourself if you don't see what you want to see from somsone messaging you?

You have the search functions.... isn't that enough?

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

people do what they want my verifications are never on show does this mean i am a "fake" only the next person i meet will know.

the site can only give you limited options you still have to make your own decisios.

also if you wanted to "fake" meeting in person i am quite sure there are ways of doing this so use your own judgement ohh and one more thing ...................enjoy yourself hee hee

Let's say I arrange 20 or 30 meets per week just for the hell of it. I have no intention of meeting all of them, I just agree with anyone who asks for the entertainment value.... I like the creeping flattery. May be I'll meet one or two of them per month... if I feel like it.

The meets I turn up for verify me.

I show my verifications and it all looks great. Not too many, not too few, they all are from people with plenty of their own verifications.

What genuine swinger I am

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

This works on the assumption that 'real' swingers are never 'timewasters'....

As Ive said before on the forums the only time that I have met what I consider to be a timewaster - ie someone who arranged to meet and then didnt turn up without letting me know - he was actually verified by meet.....because I was one of the ones that had verified him!

No system is foolproof, but what ever happened to common sense?

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"These are all good commments, firstly we do not tell people how to live their lives.

It was written to avoke comment from all parties and different points of view.

Everyones time is precious, no-one likes to be cheaten with dishonesty.

please continue posting"

Were you two previously known as 'Cut and _aste' as there have been comments made about you?

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Do you not think that some folk give out fake verifications anyway? Changing it to only 'meeting in person' will not make a jot of difference.

We've had a prolific forum troll come on here with quite a few fake 'meeting in person' verifications under many different guises... many of us trusted those verifications were real and so trusted the profile(s).

We only agree to meet people who we have verified ourselves now by chatting on the phone or we have met previously."

on the day i joined someone offered to verify me - without meeting me! i turned him down and found my way round the site by trial and error. unfortunately by the time i had realised what a no-no a fake veri was i no longer had his mail or details to report him.

i have also has a couple of friends, both people who i have met at parties and liked socially but chosen not to play with who have contacted me for veris because all their veris have been stripped from their profiles - obviously because of one tainted one. i was happy to veri both of those guys because i had met both and could state that they were like their pics, clean and house-trained. but neither of them knew whose veri was tainted and who not to ask from their existing playmates in case they were the problem person!

My verifications are hidden, most of them are from meets in person, think ive 2 from webcams and 1 from a phone call.

Ive unfortunatly had to cancel a meet tomorrow.... does that make me a timewaster or a fake? Niether, it means that real lifes got in the way and ive had to make other arrangments......

Forum Mod

I want to know what a real swinger is

If I poke one will it squeal?

I guess real swingers look pretty much just the same as fake swingers,,,, but the don’t shrink as much and tend to last longer!!!

"I want to know what a real swinger is

If I poke one will it squeal?"

No it will rock gently back and forwards

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"I want to know what a real swinger is

If I poke one will it squeal?"

As almost anyone who has met us will attest, Mrs R will definately squeal if you poke her!!

I have noticed more fakes. I supposed that's the rep of the site for actually being a good one for meets. I got loads here, far more than anywhere else. I've also had no-shows who try to make an excuse two weeks after the fact and blame me for expecting them to call me outside before I give out my house number. Becuase using a mobile in the street screams, "Gayboy meeting a tgirl right here, everybody!"

I understand cold feet; what annoys me is that it takes me so long to get ready for a meet and I really put a lot of effort into it so not getting a heads-up with even a made-up excuse is what pisses me off. Then you see them online five minutes after they're supposed to arrive.

But I'll be fine tomorrow, while they'll still be a prick.

I'm well aware of cam fakery so I get people to do something unique to prove they haven't just stolen one and I get them to do the same with me. Stand up, turn around, clap your hands four times, kinda thing.

There have been some 'met in person' fake verifications. Guys will give them to what look like hot girls who ask, thinking it'll get them laid. But no system is failsafe. Ask NASA, and they've got technology as good as it gets.

We all have a responsibility for our own activities and maybe people should screen a little more first if they're concerned about time being wasted. It takes guys a while to get a meet with me so they'll have wasted more time than me if they don't show. They won't have pics of me or a dirty cam show, either, because I stopped all that. I found the old showbiz adage, "Always leave 'em wanting more" really does increase your hit rate.

So if someone has got a met in person verification (which is just as easy to fake...set up another fake account just to give yourself a verification) they will not stand anyone up?

Just because someone has played with one person it doesn't mean that they're 100% reliable.

We are very genuine, we only have webcam verification, as we're only looking for a single bi fem (we all know how rare they are) & the few women we have arranged to met have stood us up. Is that our fault because they are the no show?

We don't want to go to a club or social, well we're thinking about it, but it's not something that really fires us up. We'd rather keep it more private than that. Why should we been seen less than any other members?

& what about the poor folk that live in the middle of nowhere & have to make a serious effort to travel to met someone, the chances are they'll struggle to be verified because they'll struggle to met anyone in the first place. What about the newbies?

Should they be seen less just because they have no verification's?

To me verification's are there not to prove that someone will show up or play, but that they are who they say they are. That the couple, are a couple & not single guy, or that fem with the Megan Fox look-a-like photos on her profile does actually look like that & not like Dawn French or is just a webcam girl looking for more paying viewers.

(If anyone comes across a member that does look like Megan Fox, PLEASE let us know!)

I think there is far too much emphasis on verification's. It's not a perfect system, it never will be & people need to remember that. There will always be loopholes that people will take advantage of.

The site where we met our last fuck buddy didn't have a verification system (& you guys think there's a lot of fakers here???), but to be honest the fakers are pretty obvious (as they are on this site too)

It's not verification's that tell you if someone is worth perusing, it's common sense & gut instinct.

Lets all be paranoid that people with veris are fake, couples are really a single guy, single men are timewasters and all agree not to meet anyone ever again from here ......

That or you could all just have fun and use common sense, intuition to out those who are fake and those who aren't....

maybe its time for a positive negative points system where it'd be easy to indentify people who are less than fair by negative points. You'd have to have a mutually agreed booking system around meets to do it, which adds user and site complexity, and then theres the possibility of fakes boosting scores and others damning others...

so meh... looks like we's back to the drawing board with that one...

caveat visitor basically... lol

Wolf

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A verification is NOT to say that people WILL Meet......... *( stupid idea )

Maybe they meet one person but let the next person down.

Do you blame them or the person who verified them or YOURSELF.... for not being able to use any brains or senses at all.

Verified by phone means VERIFIED BY PHONE.

Verified by cam means VERIFIED BY CAM.

Verified in person means VERIFIED IN PERSON.

Yes I know im stating the obvious but some people ask the obvious.

I propose people make their own minds up about meetings.

It's all subjective. I've seen veri's saying the bloke is handsome and I've thought he was a munter.

Make your own minds up !!

Just cos someone says they are a decent shag doesn't mean they will be.

How about we charge £350 per year to register. That should keep the poor people off...... fuck knows that poor people don't know how to parhhhtay.... they are all fat and eat chips too ...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 10/10/11 16:14:14]

Even though I choose not to display mine, I do like reading verifications for the sheer entertainment value.

‘Wow what a gorgeous man’…. You recon? Fuck me you are easy to please.

‘Had the best shag ever’ …. Oh you poor cow, is that the best you’ve had?

‘Amazing in bed’…. yeah I was amazed I stayed awake.

‘… will become a real friend and hopefully many more meets’ …. You’ll be lucky if he contacts you again this side of Christmas.

‘Charming, genuine and sincere’….. did he write on yours ‘gullible’?

‘The perfect gent’… I thought his house smelt like a gents if that’s what you mean.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Even though I choose not to display mine, I do like reading verifications for the sheer entertainment value.

‘… will become a real friend and hopefully many more meets’ …. You’ll be lucky if he contacts you again this side of Christmas.

‘The perfect gent’… I thought his house smelt like a gents if that’s what you mean.

"

My fave is 'Met for a coffee and hit it off, hope for some sexy fun soon'

Then, nothing...

"Even though I choose not to display mine, I do like reading verifications for the sheer entertainment value.

My fave is 'Met for a coffee and hit it off, hope for some sexy fun soon'

Then, nothing..."

No No No....

'Met for a coffee and ended up having an unprompted play in the car at lunchtime. Can't wait to find out what you can do for me with that tastey cock'......... and then nothing

Admin x

Thats fine but doesn't help distinguishing people with hidden verifications or in the filter system only accepting messages from met only verifications."

Actually its a valid point. When someone only has a webcam verification meet and hides it it could easily be a guy playing games. We can block unverified people what about having a block if not verified by an actual meet.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

‘The perfect gent’… I thought his house smelt like a gents if that’s what you mean."

LOL, had one of those recently. He'd got tons of veris saying how great he was and he did turn up. But the veris were very wrong, for me at least. One womans stallion could well be anothers disappointment.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

And also regarding veris and 'timewasters', the only guys who have stood me up (as in left me sat on my tod at a pub/in my house without letting me know they weren't coming) were all verified several times. I know I know, just means they didn't want to meet me, but beware relying on them too much.

Edinburgh

I must be doing something wrong.

I tend to just meet people and have sex with them.

Admin x

Thats fine but doesn't help distinguishing people with hidden verifications or in the filter system only accepting messages from met only verifications.

Actually its a valid point. When someone only has a webcam verification meet and hides it it could easily be a guy playing games. We can block unverified people what about having a block if not verified by an actual meet. "

good idea.. include block those that "hide" their validations too.

appreciate there ARE some genuine reasons why some do this.. but there are far more that use this to "hide" something.

"And also regarding veris and 'timewasters', the only guys who have stood me up (as in left me sat on my tod at a pub/in my house without letting me know they weren't coming) were all verified several times. I know I know, just means they didn't want to meet me, but beware relying on them too much."

In *cough* years I have only encountered (or not as the case may be) a few real timewasters.

Like your experience they had all been verified by a number of people.... including me!

You really do know verifications mean jack shit when your own isn't worth the space it is typed in.

Edinburgh

"

good idea.. include block those that "hide" their validations too.

appreciate there ARE some genuine reasons why some do this.. but there are far more that use this to "hide" something."

I.E all the really skanky people they've had sex with.

I want a block feature to stop men with beards messaging me.

And a block feature to stop the short-arses messaging me.

And a block feature to stop people who write sycophantic verifications.

And I want to stop messages from people who live too far away, have too many teeth missing, live in shit-hole houses and show it in their photos, have short pointless profiles, are willing to meet 99 year olds, only have a photo of their cock, are only looking for daytime meets, who are single and have bareback play photos, who use the line “will try anything once, twice if I like it”, who have a full on bush so dense Ray Mears would worry about tackling it. I want to block those who say they are a rugby player type who don’t look like Daniel Conn.

But then again I could just use the delete button

"I want a block feature to stop men with beards messaging me.

And a block feature to stop the short-arses messaging me.

And a block feature to stop people who write sycophantic verifications.

And I want to stop messages from people who live too far away, have too many teeth missing, live in shit-hole houses and show it in their photos, have short pointless profiles, are willing

to meet 99 year olds, only have a photo of their cock, are only looking for daytime meets, who are single and have bareback play photos, who use the line “will try anything once, twice if I like it”, who have a full on bush so dense Ray Mears would worry about tackling it. I want to block those who say they are a rugby player type who don’t look like Daniel Conn.

But then again I could just use the delete button "

Oi what's wi the shortasses?

I don't message ya much xx

"

I don't message ya much xx "

That's why I let you off.

"

I don't message ya much xx

That's why I let you off."

Fancy a shag then ? Xx

"so what do i think.... okay... I'll tell you but I don't think the OP and many people are going to like it...

I think verification has become such a "be all and end all" for some people that they are now using it as a substitute for there own sense.... and in the real world would people place such high importance on the word of other people they don't know!!!

what did we all do before the magic world of verification.... we all went and did our own research..we all took our time to find out about people and we all went and did our own due diligence on people....

you wouldn't go out, for example,and buy a car solely based on the opinions of people you don't know....you would still go out and check it out yourself

some people seem to have forgotten that... or have just become lazy and reliant on one tool!!! verification has become this magic instrument... when in effect it should be treated like a pinch of salt... if even that!!!"

Couldn't have put it better myself.

» Add a new message to this topic