FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Another mass shooting

Another mass shooting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

But let's not ban gun ownership in U.S. after all it brings in a lot of money...

People in control of this market should be jailed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/02/18 01:50:26]

[Removed by poster at 15/02/18 01:51:26]

If the judges enforced the strict gun laws that were on the books there would be no need to ban guns .

Guns don't kill..... idiots with Guns kill.

"Guns don't kill..... idiots with Guns kill.

"

Yes, problem is, with the current law idiots have access to guns.

30 mass shootings in U.S. in this year alone. That's more common than every other day.

18 of them were at schools.

By *illy2018TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Horrific.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"

Hoovers dont kill just idiots with Hoovers kill

Was the quote of the day after the 5th mass Hoover killing

This year & its only February .

"But let's not ban gun ownership in U.S. after all it brings in a lot of money...

People in control of this market should be jailed."

its too easy ,that's why it occurs if you live by the gun you die by the gun

It's too late for the US. Too many guns already out there. Guns laws only affect the law abiding, criminals not so much....

The american people like their gun laws so it's fuck all to do with us brits. I'm sure you'd be pissed off if folk from another country told us to change any of our laws

"The american people like their gun laws so it's fuck all to do with us brits. I'm sure you'd be pissed off if folk from another country told us to change any of our laws "
British people don't get pissed off ever

"The american people like their gun laws so it's fuck all to do with us brits. I'm sure you'd be pissed off if folk from another country told us to change any of our laws "

Brexit?

30 mass shootings in U.S. in this year alone. That's more common than every other day.

18 of them were at schools."

I didn't realise there had been so many.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Sad but inevitable and it will only possibly change when such tragedies directly affect those in power..

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"But let's not ban gun ownership in U.S. after all it brings in a lot of money...

This is fabswingers. We just don't have that kind of policy changing power.

18 of them were at schools."

Think I read that there's been a school shooting once every 60 hours so far this year. Mental.

By *ccasionalfunCouple  over a year ago

hereandthere

It's not even shocking anymore

Just run of the mill in a fucked up country

Guns don't kill people swingers do ,I'm fucking swinger and I might kill you..

GLC forever

Guns dont kill, people do.

"Guns dont kill, people do."

But easy access to them does.

"Guns dont kill, people do.

But easy access to them does."

Yes it does, but they got the option not to pull the trigger.

salisbury

But easy access to them does."

Everyone has easy access to kitchen knives, yet few go on stabbing rampages. It's people who kill.

The NRA were not even in the top 100 donors last election cycle, so suggestions that the market controls the policy is nuts.

Plus these things happen in gun free areas, usually in states with heavy restrictions because these retards will find it less likely for someone to shoot back.

I find it disgusting that everyone is more focused on how these people die rather than why. Taking away guns from the people who already follow the law isn't the answer. We did it here but still get shootings, including ones where the guns used are even illegal in the USA. More often than not they make local news only, because who'd want to realize that the gun ban was a joke.

Everyone has easy access to kitchen knives, yet few go on stabbing rampages. It's people who kill."

Not going to start this debate again..

It's been talked about far to much .

Following on from sandy hook was probably the best chance the USA had to tighten the gun law's.

It didn't happen then and it never will.

It's much easier to disarm someone with a kitchen knife than a high powered assault rifle with deadly high capacity rounds,the fact is yes ultimately thee person pulling the trigger is to blame,but it goes much deeper than that and many others are accountable .

If access wasn't possible it would make situations like this a rarity,not the norm which unfortunately has happened.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I'd be interested to hear about where all these rampages with assault weapons happen in the UK that "only make the local news" happen.

I can't say I've read about any in my local area, ever.

salisbury

When was the last mass school shooting in Switzerland?

"I'd be interested to hear about where all these rampages with assault weapons happen in the UK that "only make the local news" happen.

I can't say I've read about any in my local area, ever. "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/halloween-masks-gunmen-shoot-east-london-rave-vicitims-police-money-move-a8029746.html

After the shooter, definitely some of the blame MUST fall on the media and the wall to wall coverage that these incidents get and the shooters.

Making it such a glamorous and tempting thing for someone who has a twisted mind to gain fame from this.

Yes report the incident but don't give the shooters any airtime and coverage.

Focus on the victims not the one committing the crime.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What are you most upset about ?

The number of deaths ? The way they died ?

"It's not even shocking anymore

Just run of the mill in a fucked up country "

The 2nd amendment may have something to do with the gun culture over there

the UK bill of rights gave the USA the idea, just without the clauses that made it a method of subjugation.

King's Crustacean

"What are you most upset about ?

The number of deaths ? The way they died ?

"

I think one of the saddest things for me about this whole event was when I read a quote by a mother who said her daughter had been begging to be home schooled because she was afraid of a mass shooting at her school. That speaks to a mindset....

Personally, I think a lot has to change to fix the gun problem in the U.S. Gun laws are one of those things, but wealth disparity is definitely another. I don't usually read through these types of threads anymore though because there's too many people who don't understand anything about American culture who seem to know all the problems with it. *shrugs*

"I think one of the saddest things for me about this whole event was when I read a quote by a mother who said her daughter had been begging to be home schooled because she was afraid of a mass shooting at her school. That speaks to a mindset....

Personally, I think a lot has to change to fix the gun problem in the U.S. Gun laws are one of those things, but wealth disparity is definitely another. I don't usually read through these types of threads anymore though because there's too many people who don't understand anything about American culture who seem to know all the problems with it. *shrugs*"

don't think anyone's reading anything into American culture other than the ridiculous ability for a 19 year old boy to have access to an automatic weapon and kill people with it

"I think one of the saddest things for me about this whole event was when I read a quote by a mother who said her daughter had been begging to be home schooled because she was afraid of a mass shooting at her school. That speaks to a mindset....

Personally, I think a lot has to change to fix the gun problem in the U.S. Gun laws are one of those things, but wealth disparity is definitely another. I don't usually read through these types of threads anymore though because there's too many people who don't understand anything about American culture who seem to know all the problems with it. *shrugs*"

All due respect,but you don't need to know anything about American culture to know that killing incocent children in school is wrong .

One of the father's of sandy hook said (I paraphrase)

American's have thee right to bear arm's.

Where are the rights of my child to go to school and not be murdered,the right of my child to live her life to the full ...

It's a very broken system far more complicated than a pleb like me to understand.

salisbury

Everyone has easy access to kitchen knives, yet few go on stabbing rampages. It's people who kill.

Not going to start this debate again..

It's been talked about far to much .

Following on from sandy hook was probably the best chance the USA had to tighten the gun law's.

It didn't happen then and it never will.

It's much easier to disarm someone with a kitchen knife than a high powered assault rifle with deadly high capacity rounds,the fact is yes ultimately thee person pulling the trigger is to blame,but it goes much deeper than that and many others are accountable .

If access wasn't possible it would make situations like this a rarity,not the norm which unfortunately has happened."

So why doesn't it happen in other countries with high gun ownership?

Personally, I think a lot has to change to fix the gun problem in the U.S. Gun laws are one of those things, but wealth disparity is definitely another. I don't usually read through these types of threads anymore though because there's too many people who don't understand anything about American culture who seem to know all the problems with it. *shrugs*

All due respect,but you don't need to know anything about American culture to know that killing incocent children in school is wrong .

One of the father's of sandy hook said (I paraphrase)

American's have thee right to bear arm's.

Where are the rights of my child to go to school and not be murdered,the right of my child to live her life to the full ...

It's a very broken system far more complicated than a pleb like me to understand.

"

Right. But people have already pointed out other countries with high gun ownership. People have pointed out a few facts that are usually ignored in these debates (like how some of these mass shooting happen in states with high gun restrictions, etc.) These are facts. So there must be other reasons why these thing keep happening. I personally would get rid of the second amendment, but I don't think that alone would solve the issue. Violence is part of American culture. It just is. Just like deep income/wealth disparity. Just like fierce individualism. All of it contributes to the culture I was talking about. And yes, in order to actually fix the heart of the problem I think we have to accept and understand all of these truths, not simply that guns should be banned.

salisbury

It's like blaming cars for speeding.

"It's like blaming cars for speeding. "

Not quite. I mean, guns have a teleology for inflicting pain/causing death, unlike cars. So I don't think that's exactly fair either. I think the problem is more when people think that guns are the only problem.

King's Crustacean

Yes.

So .... are people upset that people died or with the method that they died ?

"Yes.

So .... are people upset that people died or with the method that they died ?"

I'd imagine both. I can't speak for everyone, though. Obviously. I guess the idea is that it would be hard for so many to die without the aid of such powerful weapons? Maybe the pattern of this happening consistently is part of the upset? The situation in general...

King's Crustacean

Given the population of U.S.A and given the number of gun deaths this year......

I find that a remarkably LOW %

Which is why I can't help but think of road accidents and other types of murder or war.

I can't help feeling it just makes good news.

The VAT majority of the U.S.A don't decide to end a dispute , get pleasure from or manage their low self esteem with a gun massacre.

King's Crustacean

If someone takes my gun away i'm going to poison a reservoir.

salisbury

"It's like blaming cars for speeding.

Not quite. I mean, guns have a teleology for inflicting pain/causing death, unlike cars. So I don't think that's exactly fair either. I think the problem is more when people think that guns are the only problem."

Cars have "technology" For going really really fast. You could drive at 100mph past a school. Why don't you? It's not just down to the speed limit, its also socially unacceptable. It's not in people's nature to do that. If speeding past schools became a common occurrence would they ban cars? Or would they try harder to make people think about their actions. As they have done with drink driving. Which is also common in the US btw.

in Lancashire

"Yes.

So .... are people upset that people died or with the method that they died ?"

Some will be genuinely upset that lives have been lost and some like a bit of Faux outrage..

Some won't know or care that every day babies and children die in greater numbers of a lack of clean water or readily available medicines in other far off lands..

Hunan nature I suppose..

King's Crustacean

Not news is it.....

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Strangely enough those in favour of guns in the US would argue that if the teachers were packing a piece they could have ended this tragedy before it started

King's Crustacean

"Strangely enough those in favour of guns in the US would argue that if the teachers were packing a piece they could have ended this tragedy before it started "

Only if they shoot first........

salisbury

I think shootings like this are seen as an attack on "Trump's America". Which will always be widely televised. Whereas with school shootings under Obama he was shown to be a powerless victim with his hands tied by congress. Bless him.

in Lancashire

"Not news is it..... "

Nope..

"It's like blaming cars for speeding.

Not quite. I mean, guns have a teleology for inflicting pain/causing death, unlike cars. So I don't think that's exactly fair either. I think the problem is more when people think that guns are the only problem.

Cars have "technology" For going really really fast. You could drive at 100mph past a school. Why don't you? It's not just down to the speed limit, its also socially unacceptable. It's not in people's nature to do that. If speeding past schools became a common occurrence would they ban cars? Or would they try harder to make people think about their actions. As they have done with drink driving. Which is also common in the US btw. "

I agree with you, Clem. There is a social norm that is built into driving by a school that isn't built in with guns. I agree. I'm just saying I don't think it's a fair comparison because the basic purpose of a car is transportation whereas the purpose of a gun is infliction of harm. It's not just about their capabilities. But I agree with your overarching point.

in Lancashire

"Strangely enough those in favour of guns in the US would argue that if the teachers were packing a piece they could have ended this tragedy before it started "

Article on BBC that plans are in place I think in Colorado? To arm and train teachers..

"Guns dont kill, people do."

Remove access to guns and those people would struggle to kill en mass, that’s the point.

Lotta truth there mate. Might be unpopular as we all like telling others how much better we are than them.

Idiots behind cars kill more people each year than anything else here....May be the same in the states too. Just a thought.

"I think shootings like this are seen as an attack on "Trump's America". Which will always be widely televised. Whereas with school shootings under Obama he was shown to be a powerless victim with his hands tied by congress. Bless him. "

You know that's not true. If Trump tried to pass legislation on background checks and training requirements for gun owners and congress stopped him it would be seen the same way as Obama. Let's be fair about it. This has nothing to do with Trump. Personally I think Obama should have done more than he did. I think he didn't try hard enough on an issue tbat mattered to his base. And I think many democrats would agree.

Just read a few posts back...

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The American disease.

Trump was elected with about £30m from the gun lobby.

He said previously the terror attacks in Paris happened because French citizens were not allowed to defend themselves with guns.

By his logic, all pupils will be issued with guns to defend themselves.

salisbury

"Strangely enough those in favour of guns in the US would argue that if the teachers were packing a piece they could have ended this tragedy before it started

Article on BBC that plans are in place I think in Colorado? To arm and train teachers.. "

Stoned gun toting teachers.... recipe for disaster!

Oof. I take back my last comment. People do seem to be linking it to trump.

I don't think guns are the only problem, but they certainly stand out the most.

Like you said we would need to have a bigger grasp of American culture and what causes so many people to comitt such actions in the first place but if you don't take a first step a change can't happen.

It's even worse when the head of the country said, if everyone had a gun at their ankles, they could respond by pointing at the shooter. The chaos and friendly fire in crowded situation this would cause could be an even worse outcome.

You can buy ar-15s lol says it all

salisbury

"Oof. I take back my last comment. People do seem to be linking it to trump. "

Told ya

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Going off what I have read there is a significant number of people in the US who do want gun control change. The pro gun types are just more likely to scream and shout. The NRA is a powerfull organisation. It maybe true that their donations are exceeded by others but they can single handedly decide an election should they choose. Given the emotive nature of guns they are most likely to have an impact than anybody else. A big problem.

Rip to those that lost their lives. A speedy recovery to the injured.

"Oof. I take back my last comment. People do seem to be linking it to trump. "

It's hard not to when he's pro gun ownership to be honest

Some say guns dont kill people.People kill people and your kitchen is full of knives.

This is flawed logic.

Are guns designed to kill people?

Yes.

Are spoons designed to make people fat?

No.

Are cars designed to be driven d*unk?

No.

Are pencils designed to misspell words?

No.

Are kitchen knives designed for killing people?

No.

salisbury

"Some say guns dont kill people.People kill people and your kitchen is full of knives.

This is flawed logic.

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

No."

So when was the last Swiss mass shooting?

"Some say guns dont kill people.People kill people and your kitchen is full of knives.

This is flawed logic.

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

No."

Bob, not all guns are designed to kill

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

"Strangely enough those in favour of guns in the US would argue that if the teachers were packing a piece they could have ended this tragedy before it started

Article on BBC that plans are in place I think in Colorado? To arm and train teachers.. "

Oh lord I dont see that ending well, If i was dealing with gobby teenagers all day i wouldnt trust my self with a gun

"Oof. I take back my last comment. People do seem to be linking it to trump.

It's hard not to when he's pro gun ownership to be honest "

But this isn't new. If it were something that started or got measurably worse under him I'd understand. Things did jump up under Obama and he didn't do anything but talk. He should have put real political weight behind it but he didn't. This is an issue that matters to liberals/democrats. I don't count in conservative governments do make the change.

Seems to me that liberal governments need to start caring about the issues that affect their based as much as conservative governments do.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Lot of posts in this thread about guns being less deadly in terms of deaths per year compared to things like car crashes etc. This thread is about the mass shooting so that point is irrelevant. If someone wants to do a thread about changing peoples attitude to speeding we can all comment about that. Or we can have a thread about why we should stop bombing innocent people in Syria or elsewhere. Numbers and statistics aren't the issue. We can't change anything from our keyboards. We all can only put our thoughts down and maybe deal with the mental anguish of such events in our own way.

I think you mean semi-automatic, automatic rifles are banned under the NFA with very few exceptions.

"If someone takes my gun away i'm going to poison a reservoir. "

Ok granny I've pissed in the Lynn Celyn no handed whistling the brookside theme tune ..someone in the pools drank my wee..whoops

in Lancashire

Article on BBC that plans are in place I think in Colorado? To arm and train teachers..

Oh lord I dont see that ending well, If i was dealing with gobby teenagers all day i wouldnt trust my self with a gun"

May perk up a few grades..

King's Crustacean

"If someone takes my gun away i'm going to poison a reservoir.

Ok granny I've pissed in the Lynn Celyn no handed whistling the brookside theme tune ..someone in the pools drank my wee..whoops "

whoops to even KNOWING the Brookside theme tune..... bet you have a curly perm!

Hereford

"I'd be interested to hear about where all these rampages with assault weapons happen in the UK that "only make the local news" happen.

I can't say I've read about any in my local area, ever.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/halloween-masks-gunmen-shoot-east-london-rave-vicitims-police-money-move-a8029746.html

"

And "The Independent" is a local newspaper is it?

But this isn't new. If it were something that started or got measurably worse under him I'd understand. Things did jump up under Obama and he didn't do anything but talk. He should have put real political weight behind it but he didn't. This is an issue that matters to liberals/democrats. I don't count in conservative governments do make the change.

Seems to me that liberal governments need to start caring about the issues that affect their based as much as conservative governments do. "

I'm sure you're, lile I said I don't have an indept knowledge of all the issues going on in America that contribute to the problem.

But if my child came up to me asking to be home schooled because they're afraid of going to school and being shot at, I would drop drop to my knees crying and leave the country.

No child should ever feel that way, and to think it's happening in a MEDC is depressing.

King's Crustacean

Seems to me that liberal governments need to start caring about the issues that affect their based as much as conservative governments do.

I'm sure you're, lile I said I don't have an indept knowledge of all the issues going on in America that contribute to the problem.

But if my child came up to me asking to be home schooled because they're afraid of going to school and being shot at, I would drop drop to my knees crying and leave the country.

No child should ever feel that way, and to think it's happening in a MEDC is depressing."

I felt like that about school for years.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Any gun control measures went out of the window after they decided to do nothing after sandy hook when 21 5&6 yr olds were murdered....

This is a consequence of those decisions.. if they did nothing then they certainly are not going to do nothing now

"America is to blame for these mass shootings" senator chris murphy

By *uss in bootsxxxMan  over a year ago

bradford

It’s got to the stage and it’s been going on that long I really couldn’t care less there government doesn’t care so y should anyone else ..harsh but nothing’s changed and nothing will

Newcastle and Gateshead

""America is to blame for these mass shootings" senator chris murphy"

He is the senator for Connecticut where sandy hook happened and has been an ardent advocate of gun control ever since

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

[Removed by poster at 15/02/18 15:46:08]

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Its horrific when you start reading the stats!

Over 1600 "mass shootings" in America since Sandy Hook in 2012.

"The counts come via the Gun Violence Archive, which has hosted a database that tracks mass shootings since 2013. But since some shootings go unreported, the database is likely missing some, as well as the details of some of the events.

The tracker uses a fairly broad definition of “mass shooting”: It includes not just shootings in which four or more people were murdered, but shootings in which four or more people were shot at all (excluding the shooter).

Even under this broad definition, it’s worth noting that mass shootings make up a tiny portion of America’s firearm deaths, which totaled more than 33,000 in 2014.

4) On average, there is more than one mass shooting for each day in America"

I blame capitalism

King's Crustacean

Has anyone blamed T.V. yet for it's glorification of and desensitisation to blood , gore and human life ?

"Has anyone blamed T.V. yet for it's glorification of and desensitisation to blood , gore and human life ?"

Yes

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Anyone care to stop even for a second and spare a thought for what the world has lost today...

And on so many other days too

"Anyone care to stop even for a second and spare a thought for what the world has lost today...

And on so many other days too "

Our humanity? Our perspective ? Our grip on reality..I give up..

When will Americans fully understand to bear arms means wear t’shirts

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Given the population of U.S.A and given the number of gun deaths this year......

Which is why I can't help but think of road accidents and other types of murder or war.

The VAT majority of the U.S.A don't decide to end a dispute , get pleasure from or manage their low self esteem with a gun massacre.

"

actually that is not true granny....

using the latest figures(2016)

in the us.... 3.8 people per 100,000 people will be killed in some sort of gun incident....

in Canada for example, that figure is 0.48......

in the UK for example, that figure is 0.07.....

hereandthere

Americans must be desperate to get the wall built to keep them safe

Oh wait a minute ......

The orange cunt got 31 million from the nra during his campaign. No wonder he won't mention gun control.

A puppet to Russia and the terrorist group nra.

It's just one fucked up country ran by complete incompetent twats.

"I think shootings like this are seen as an attack on "Trump's America". Which will always be widely televised. Whereas with school shootings under Obama he was shown to be a powerless victim with his hands tied by congress. Bless him.

You know that's not true. If Trump tried to pass legislation on background checks and training requirements for gun owners and congress stopped him it would be seen the same way as Obama. Let's be fair about it. This has nothing to do with Trump. Personally I think Obama should have done more than he did. I think he didn't try hard enough on an issue tbat mattered to his base. And I think many democrats would agree."

The threats made by Obama to bring in much tighter gun laws, and lauded by all the liberals, created a massive surge in gun buying before any such laws could be introduced. When Trump got elected, guess what all the butt-hurt liberals started doing? They went out and bought guns!......

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

So when was the last Swiss mass shooting? "

Irrelevant, really, in practical terms.

The US has a problem with guns. They can try and change their gun culture to match Switzerland's, which would take many years if even possible, but here and now something should be done to reduce the number of shootings.

salisbury

"

The US has a problem with guns. They can try and change their gun culture to match Switzerland's, which would take many years if even possible, but here and now something should be done to reduce the number of shootings.

"

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I heard on a news programme tonight that the USA has a known 300 million guns in circulation.

And all Trump wants to do is look at devising ways of dealing with Mental Health within gun owners!

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Oh lord I dont see that ending well, If i was dealing with gobby teenagers all day i wouldnt trust my self with a gun"

Thats why they had a arsenal of blackboard rubbers and chalk Instead to throw at some pupils in my day I did,nt have to duck I was a good boy worse thing they ever did was take the cane away..

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"

"

He could buy an automatic weapon ( a mac_ine gun of sorts ) legally ,

Yet wasn't legally able to buy a Hand gun .

Damn right they have a problem .

Allowing a teenager to buy something with 30 -100 bullets

But not one with between 6 & 10 .

Banning automatic weapon sales, outlawing all weapons that are not hand held pistols , is a major start .

Would you leave a teenager who was a known strop behind the wheel of your car ? Course you wouldn't

Only 2 of the last 30 mass shootings were done with illegally owned weapons .

As for the 2nd amendment .

Check youtube for open gun carry fails . Or constitution audit & see how the 1st 2nd & 4th amendments are being abused by the police .

To me it looks like there doing there job , but then you see read & hear of lawsuits bought against the system/state & you start to realise , nobody cares about the constitution , they only care about the $.

In other words just ban the things.

If it takes 25 years to get rid of the guns then in 25 years time , people can send there kids to school , knowing they are more likely to be run over, rather than be blown apart at the hands of some unfortunate fuck up of a human

By *illy2018TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

We care more about the American public than the American government do.Glad I'm UK not USA.

"We care more about the American public than the American government do.Glad I'm UK not USA."

"

Banning automatic weapon sales, outlawing all weapons that are not hand held pistols , is a major start .

Would you leave a teenager who was a known strop behind the wheel of your car ? Course you wouldn't

Check youtube for open gun carry fails . Or constitution audit & see how the 1st 2nd & 4th amendments are being abused by the police .

To me it looks like there doing there job , but then you see read & hear of lawsuits bought against the system/state & you start to realise , nobody cares about the constitution , they only care about the $.

If it takes 25 years to get rid of the guns then in 25 years time , people can send there kids to school , knowing they are more likely to be run over, rather than be blown apart at the hands of some unfortunate fuck up of a human "

It's not what weapons a person can legally own, it's who is able to legally own them. Our gun laws are a bit of a mess, some bizarre and pointless, and out of date but our approach is different. We say if you want to own a gun you must show why, and that you can be trusted with it. Works ok generally with relatively few spectacular failures. The US says everyone can have a gun until you show you can't be trusted with it. It's a bit late then......

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

"Given the population of U.S.A and given the number of gun deaths this year......

actually that is not true granny....

using the latest figures(2016)

in the us.... 3.8 people per 100,000 people will be killed in some sort of gun incident....

in Canada for example, that figure is 0.48......

in the UK for example, that figure is 0.07....."

These same figures are quoted in Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine".

It was interesting to hear about the differences between the US and Canada, when only a matter of a few miles apart between two towns either side of the border

And then, also, that certain banks were offering a free rifle when you opened a bank account

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Given the number of shootings that happen at schools you would like to think that eventually so many of the population will be traumatised by being involved in dramatic events that they will eventually vote for some form of gun control.

Sadly knowing many Americans as I do they will mostly likely go the other way and have more guns.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

"

Very impressive argument.

hereandthere

The talk about arming teachers will lead to this

Gun man knows teachers are armed. Dead before they know it's happening.

Teacher in next class gets gun and starts shooting. Bullets hit innocents ,police arrive and see man with gun .shoot him and then find out it was the teacher.

Arming teachers is a non starter

In the eyes of health and safety. What's the risk? People and guns. People are here to stay.remove next risk....bye bye guns

I have lived all my life in the UK without needing a gun.

So why do Americans need one? To protect against others with guns they say. Surely, if the others didn't have guns they would not need them?

It's a chicken and egg question and sadly they already have chickens so eggs are inevitable.

Hopefully Donald will call for a complete ban on all white supremacists until we find out what the hell is going on in America.

Just like he called for a ban on all Muslims until we find out what the hell is going on.

Turns out this kid was trained by white supremacists terrorists.

Hereford

"

If it takes 25 years to get rid of the guns then in 25 years time , people can send there kids to school , knowing they are more likely to be run over, rather than be blown apart at the hands of some unfortunate fuck up of a human

It's not what weapons a person can legally own, it's who is able to legally own them. Our gun laws are a bit of a mess, some bizarre and pointless, and out of date but our approach is different. We say if you want to own a gun you must show why, and that you can be trusted with it. Works ok generally with relatively few spectacular failures. The US says everyone can have a gun until you show you can't be trusted with it. It's a bit late then......"

That's not actually true - it is your legal right to own a shotgun and the police have to prove that you shouldn't be allowed one in order not to issue your certificate (which, obviously is very easy to do if they so choose).

If you want to own a rifle, it's the opposite, you have to prove you should be allowed one, and this includes permission for somewhere to shoot it.

our knife crimes higher so i read.

more stabbings uk than shootings

so knives are easy to get hold of , guns arent .

could b a reason

"

It's not what weapons a person can legally own, it's who is able to legally own them. Our gun laws are a bit of a mess, some bizarre and pointless, and out of date but our approach is different. We say if you want to own a gun you must show why, and that you can be trusted with it. Works ok generally with relatively few spectacular failures. The US says everyone can have a gun until you show you can't be trusted with it. It's a bit late then......

That's not actually true - it is your legal right to own a shotgun and the police have to prove that you shouldn't be allowed one in order not to issue your certificate (which, obviously is very easy to do if they so choose).

If you want to own a rifle, it's the opposite, you have to prove you should be allowed one, and this includes permission for somewhere to shoot it. "

plus its locked in a gun case .

the ammunition is locked in another case

etc etc etc

There were 5 shootings at least around were i live last year and guns arnt even legal here its all gone too far to stop

"There were 5 shootings at least around were i live last year and guns arnt even legal here its all gone too far to stop"

Of course it hasn't. Most gun crime in the UK is crime related. Criminal on criminal.

The shootings described in the post relate to active shooters targeting innocent parties.

20 years ago we suffered the Dunblane atrocity, and it was decided that lives mattered more than the past times of individuals.

Remove easily available firearms and the access to them is reduced, thus the chances of atrocities are too.

Yes guns kill not people. So get rid of guns from the general public?

Ban Murder

"There were 5 shootings at least around were i live last year and guns arnt even legal here its all gone too far to stop

Of course it hasn't. Most gun crime in the UK is crime related. Criminal on criminal.

The shootings described in the post relate to active shooters targeting innocent parties.

20 years ago we suffered the Dunblane atrocity, and it was decided that lives mattered more than the past times of individuals.

Remove easily available firearms and the access to them is reduced, thus the chances of atrocities are too.

Yes guns kill not people. So get rid of guns from the general public?"

3 drug related one random houses drive by shot out 3 houses windows

1 mistaken identity outside a bar

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

"our knife crimes higher so i read.

more stabbings uk than shootings

so knives are easy to get hold of , guns arent .

could b a reason"

"You never bring a knife to a gunfight "

"Ban Murder"

Ban schools no more school massacres..

» Add a new message to this topic