FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Television in the 90's and the 2000's

Television in the 90's and the 2000's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who here agrees that television back in the 90's and 2000's was much better then than it is now?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeh friends was on

Yes and no! Given the huge volume of channels now a lot of today’s output is absolutely woeful (yes TOWIE and the likes, I’m talking about you!). But there are some real modern gems too - Line of Duty, Ray Donovan, Blue Planet etc.

We tend to look back and remember the good shows from the past. But at the time there was also a huge pile of shite broadcast that we’ve now just erased from our consciousness - tv is probably, on average, about as good now as it ever was!

"Yes and no! Given the huge volume of channels now a lot of today’s output is absolutely woeful (yes TOWIE and the likes, I’m talking about you!). But there are some real modern gems too - Line of Duty, Ray Donovan, Blue Planet etc.

We tend to look back and remember the good shows from the past. But at the time there was also a huge pile of shite broadcast that we’ve now just erased from our consciousness - tv is probably, on average, about as good now as it ever was! "

That is very understandable. Its just I remember many great kids programmes from my childhood especially kids game shows like Fun House, Finders Keepers and Terror Towers. There were also some classic shows as well like Blockbusters, Bullseye and Novel's House Party. Shame there aren't any great shows like that anymore.

The plots on Corrie used to be good back then as well whereas now, they're dragged out for years to the point where it has gotten boring.

There was a lot of good stuff....Only fools and horses Xmas specials. ..Sex and the city and also Friends ...not as many reality shows too !

This life, game on, the Adam and Joe show, the Sean Hughes show, trigger happy TV, the fast show and spaced

CITV was great when it used to be on ITV from 3:30 til 5.

Definitely soaps were better back then, before all the shock story lines. I think they went into decline after the Brookside story line where the mum and baby got pushed off the scaffolding. I don't watch them now. There are some good shows on now but my old favourite has to be Father Ted, epic XXX

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Yeh friends was on "

Netflix!

Was Coronation Street on then?

"Was Coronation Street on then? "

Yeah. It was much better back then

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Sometimes though when you go back and watch some of them they aren't as good as you remember - not all though

» Add a new message to this topic