FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Messaging on here first

Messaging on here first

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uncouple_12 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

Are we totally crazy to think that we can message on here for a little while before taking it any further? Surly it’s better to get to know someone before trading number or meeting if we just aren’t what each other are looking for..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally agree, enjoy

I prefer it, I don’t want to be giving my number outbto people I don’t know.

But apparently if you don’t give your number out you are a fake and just looking for people to boost your ego

It all has to start some where

Do things your way. If they're not happy then you're not compatible

Most definitely ! Need to know that we are all on the same page otherwise could lead to a disappointing meet for all .. would rather find out we / they aren’t suitable before meeting .

I don't see any need to take things off here apart from the day you are meeting, even just a quick call to confirm all is good.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"I prefer it, I don’t want to be giving my number outbto people I don’t know.

But apparently if you don’t give your number out you are a fake and just looking for people to boost your ego "

And don’t forget ‘it’s not Facebook, we’re all here for the same thing’ which is what I get told constantly when I won’t agree to meet after three messages from a virtually empty profile.

By *amesB66Man  over a year ago

St Peter Port

I always message 1st and then hopefully get a feel for someone before even thinking of exchanging numbers.

That said, I then wouldn't meet anyone that I hadn't messaged by text at least!

Works for me

bristol

But apparently if you don’t give your number out you are a fake and just looking for people to boost your ego

And don’t forget ‘it’s not Facebook, we’re all here for the same thing’ which is what I get told constantly when I won’t agree to meet after three messages from a virtually empty profile. "

We’ve had that a few times and Even no reply to messages we sent back explaining we prefer to message her before jumping in head first

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Not crazy at all OP - unless there's a connection and chemistry with someone (that can only be established through exchanging messages) then I wouldn't want to meet someone either and as others have said if anybody doesn't like that approach then they're clearly not the right people for me/you to meet.

bristol

"I always message 1st and then hopefully get a feel for someone before even thinking of exchanging numbers.

Works for me "

Definitely I guess we’re not the only crazy ones then.

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

But apparently if you don’t give your number out you are a fake and just looking for people to boost your ego "

The words of the desperate and impatient. Do what suits you, not what suits them.

I'd always expect to have a good chat on here before exchanging numbers or expecting to meet up, almost a bit put off if someone comes in hot and hard wanting to meet now.

bristol

"I'd always expect to have a good chat on here before exchanging numbers or expecting to meet up, almost a bit put off if someone comes in hot and hard wanting to meet now. "

I totally agree what’s the rush

I like to message on here for a while, if I get a good vibe then chat on kik.

I give my number out after meeting for a social and want to take it further

By *nimal_InstinctMan  over a year ago

wallasey

I totally prefer messaging people for a bit to try to get to know them a little before I move forward. Id hate to think the crap the girls have to put up with message wise when even I get numerous messages of blokes saying nothing more than...suck now?!

This is what I always do. If someone Is not inclined to accept that, then I move on. They let you know pretty early on that they're looking to meet very quickly. So that's a good thing, no harm done and we go our seperate ways

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

I’m another who stays on here for long enough to feel comfortable. Sometimes that’s quite quick, sometimes takes a few days or even a couple of weeks.

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Not meeting

Thats the way we have always worked , dont see why you have to immediatly give out personal information to strangers.

Frank

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And don’t forget ‘it’s not Facebook, we’re all here for the same thing’ which is what I get told constantly when I won’t agree to meet after three messages from a virtually empty profile. "

If only we had a pound for every message like that we'd be millionaires.

"Do things your way. If they're not happy then you're not compatible "

This.

Neither ways are wrong. I prefer to meet in person within a week or two. If they don't want to do that then we don't meet.

I never give my number out to people on here occasionally will swap kik’s If a meet is arranged but usually just chat on here never been accused of being fake

We prefer to meet socially as opposed to prolonged messaging.

We dont need to exchange mobiles to meet socially.

By *amesB66Man  over a year ago

St Peter Port

"I always message 1st and then hopefully get a feel for someone before even thinking of exchanging numbers.

Works for me

Definitely I guess we’re not the only crazy ones then. "

Mad,crazy fools!!

"Are we totally crazy to think that we can message on here for a little while before taking it any further? Surly it’s better to get to know someone before trading number or meeting if we just aren’t what each other are looking for.. "

Just because you are right, doesn't mean you are not totally crazy as well... just saying...

I personally agree, but many won't. The forums don't represent a fair representation of fab as a whole. Basically you will find there are folk that are not to your way of thinking, but that's the way it is!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I wouldn’t consider meeting someone unless I had put some time and effort into getting to know them first. I never give out my number though, no matter how well I get to know them.

As always, we all have our own way of doing things

I like a fair bit of messaging first. More than a fair bit really but Im a slow burner.

Yeah i like a good chat first get to know a few ins and outs xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Seems totally reasonable to me - it's how I work things. You'll always find others who may have hidden agendas or you're not compatible with - just refine your own style and learn as you go.

A common push is towards apps, so that they can extract pics etc. Going offsite also means that their behavior is less tracked, so unscrupulous people will also use it.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Are we totally crazy to think that we can message on here for a little while before taking it any further? Surly it’s better to get to know someone before trading number or meeting if we just aren’t what each other are looking for.. "

No lol. I chatted to someone for a year or so before we met. Granted it wasn't planned to be that way but now have a great friend out of it.

"Are we totally crazy to think that we can message on here for a little while before taking it any further? Surly it’s better to get to know someone before trading number or meeting if we just aren’t what each other are looking for..

No lol. I chatted to someone for a year or so before we met. Granted it wasn't planned to be that way but now have a great friend out of it."

I've done this too. The logistics played a huge part in why it took so long. Like you, I also have a great friend by it taking so long, as it gave us the opportunity to properly get to know the ins and outs of each other, before we even met

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I try to engage in normal conversation to get to know someone first, unfortunately most men think they can just send 1 message asking to meet now, otherwise they are not interested.

I now try and just ignore them

Defiantly, we generally chat for a while then exchange numbers a day or so before a meet, we now have kik so don't even need to exchange numbers until we have met.

"I try to engage in normal conversation to get to know someone first, unfortunately most men think they can just send 1 message asking to meet now, otherwise they are not interested.

I now try and just ignore them "

They do help with the filtering process though

By *wo4FemCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Nothing wrong with chatting on here first in order to get a feel for the one(s) you're considering meeting. You can always get yourself a fab phone for on here so that you're not using your everyday mobile.

That's what we do.

Mr2 and Mrs2

Totally agree

» Add a new message to this topic