FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > day 1 of my new driveway

day 1 of my new driveway

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

I have had my new driveway started this morning, they have dug out the soil got the hard-core in and compacted down, and installed the water drainage system, and all done in just under 5 hours, that's some good going in my books, and no danger of it sinking in the future with the amount of hard-core they put in, happy days

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Good stuff,it's great having a driveway. I have a couple of bricks that have sunk slightly

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

"Good stuff,it's great having a driveway. I have a couple of bricks that have sunk slightly "
oh well no bad if only a couple have sunk a little bit, it's costing me £3,400 but the drive is big enough to fit 3 cars on so that's why it's costing so much, but it should look great when finished

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Good stuff,it's great having a driveway. I have a couple of bricks that have sunk slightly oh well no bad if only a couple have sunk a little bit, it's costing me £3,400 but the drive is big enough to fit 3 cars on so that's why it's costing so much, but it should look great when finished "

Mine cost a grand less than that,but only fits two car's on. Before I had mine done I knocked on at a house down the road that had recently had there's done and asked how much they paid,which was four grand.

I wasn’t paying that much,I'm pretty happy with mine. I'm on a slight hill and that's where the couple have dropped a bit,don't know if they just need taking up and some sand putting under them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Good stuff,it's great having a driveway. I have a couple of bricks that have sunk slightly oh well no bad if only a couple have sunk a little bit, it's costing me £3,400 but the drive is big enough to fit 3 cars on so that's why it's costing so much, but it should look great when finished "
should have got a qoute for cobblecrete, im thinking of having mine done and thats cheaper than block paving

» Add a new message to this topic