FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Premier Inn - Dispatches

Premier Inn - Dispatches

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Tomorrow's Dispatches (Ch4) goes undercover at Premier Inn.

As a swing favourite is this programme likely to change your mind about using them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Only if the sausages are fake

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends what they come up with

If they swab the rooms and find body fluids it may deter me, yes.

"If they swab the rooms and find body fluids it may deter me, yes. "

How can they fail to discover that when there are so many verifications and comments on threads about soaking the bed?

"Depends what they come up with "

Semen, vaginal secretions and saliva in the bed

"If they swab the rooms and find body fluids it may deter me, yes.

How can they fail to discover that when there are so many verifications and comments on threads about soaking the bed?

"

I have been trying to put that right to the back of my mind. I'm so glad that I don't use hotels very often.

Is lenny henry a swinger?

Worse things on the tube

"Depends what they come up with

Semen, vaginal secretions and saliva in the bed "

Pretty much guaranteed in every hotel in the world. Sometimes it's best not to think too hard about stuff....

"Is lenny henry a swinger?"

I can't verify that but I'm sure there are rumours...

"Depends what they come up with

Semen, vaginal secretions and saliva in the bed "

The same thought runs through my mind whenever I arrive on a holiday and consider who else might have been on the mattress over the years.

A bit of bacteria is good for the immune system mind

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've been looking forward to this. I'm hoping that they are as ethical as I expect them to be.

I used to work for them and have to say, unless the company has changed in the past 11 years since I left, it was a very good company to work for and mine was always spotless, loved the goodnight guarantee while a pain in my ass was (do they still have that?!), kept us on our toes, sometimes it was because of the mattress but usually about the noise or because they were too hot (because someone fell out a window they had to get restricters on all the bloody windows.

Geeky x

He just said

"after a Fab night in"

(do I win a prize?)

"He just said

"after a Fab night in"

(do I win a prize?) "

Yeah we chortled at that lol

"He just said

"after a Fab night in"

(do I win a prize?) "

I had to rewind to check.

I'm watching it. I need to scope out my company's competition.

Ugh! The woman using a towel to clean most of the bathroom was vile!

"Ugh! The woman using a towel to clean most of the bathroom was vile! "

"Ugh! The woman using a towel to clean most of the bathroom was vile!

"

I hate to say it but this is common in most hotels, I’ve worked in plenty and this isn’t a one off, most of the bathrooms will have been dried with a dirty towel. I never did though and that’s why I was never a housekeeper for long because I refused to use someone towel they wiped their arses on!

Geeky x

Last October we stayed in a large hotel in Wales, in the middle of nowhere. There were two very young Romanian women cleaning all the rooms. Even then I felt how tough it must be to come to a foreign country, and work in the middle of nowhere - and how easily it would be to exploit someone like that.

On the other hand, the hotel had very few midweek stays, but wedding receptions every weekend. How on earth do they cope with such massive fluctuations in staffing requirements?

"Ugh! The woman using a towel to clean most of the bathroom was vile!

I hate to say it but this is common in most hotels, I’ve worked in plenty and this isn’t a one off, most of the bathrooms will have been dried with a dirty towel. I never did though and that’s why I was never a housekeeper for long because I refused to use someone towel they wiped their arses on!

Geeky x"

I know you're right but I do like a nice hotel room every once in a while.

I'm always considerate and leave the room tidy and early or on time.

"Last October we stayed in a large hotel in Wales, in the middle of nowhere. There were two very young Romanian women cleaning all the rooms. Even then I felt how tough it must be to come to a foreign country, and work in the middle of nowhere - and how easily it would be to exploit someone like that.

On the other hand, the hotel had very few midweek stays, but wedding receptions every weekend. How on earth do they cope with such massive fluctuations in staffing requirements? "

Zero hours contracts.

"Last October we stayed in a large hotel in Wales, in the middle of nowhere. There were two very young Romanian women cleaning all the rooms. Even then I felt how tough it must be to come to a foreign country, and work in the middle of nowhere - and how easily it would be to exploit someone like that.

On the other hand, the hotel had very few midweek stays, but wedding receptions every weekend. How on earth do they cope with such massive fluctuations in staffing requirements?

Zero hours contracts.

"

I think I'm going to continue to look for good deals, but leave a decent tip in the rooms from now on.

Zero hours contracts.

I think I'm going to continue to look for good deals, but leave a decent tip in the rooms from now on. "

The deals are unlikely to affect wages for roles like this. You might need to make it clear that it's a tip in case the head housekeeper has other ideas for it.

Zero hours contracts.

I think I'm going to continue to look for good deals, but leave a decent tip in the rooms from now on.

The deals are unlikely to affect wages for roles like this. You might need to make it clear that it's a tip in case the head housekeeper has other ideas for it.

"

That hotel stay was the first time I have ever felt concerned about the vulnerability of someone working for my benefit. (and I've done some shit jobs when at uni)

That programme has only confirmed my suspicions.

This has put me right off hotels

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

I stayed in one in Dover lovely clean room ,good breakfast the next morning.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"This has put me right off hotels "

Not all hotels are like this. Some are very good.

One or two are utter crap! I won't mention them on here but they too are worthy of a Dispatches style investigation too!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Disappointed with that company after the show. Central London staff paid below the minimum wage, by being pressured to work for free and not take breaks.

"This has put me right off hotels

One or two are utter crap! I won't mention them on here but they too are worthy of a Dispatches style investigation too!"

How do we know which rooms have been cleaned thoroughly and which haven't?

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

aylesbury

I have found some of theses hotels very disappointing I was miss gendered a few years ago by the security guard on at night,I came in from a party and was asked did I enjoy my party sir . I wrote in and complained and after a number of emails I was informed that all staff are trained and part of there training was to insure this type of incident would not happen and that one of there top directors was in fact transgender, a bout 2 Mo Thea later the same thing happened to my friend in a different Prem hotel then about 6 months ago it happened to another friend in a different Prem hotel they say anything to try keep the customer happy but it always gets out that they have a bad training policy

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

One or two are utter crap! I won't mention them on here but they too are worthy of a Dispatches style investigation too!

How do we know which rooms have been cleaned thoroughly and which haven't? "

In general, hotels within the Chains or Groups will have Section or Managerial Housekeepers who will follow through with room checks. Nearly all of these have Property Management Systems (PMS) meaning Housekeepers have to key in each room as cleaned and ready for guests within their PMS which then clears it ok for Reception to allow guests to be checked in.

Plus, in my long experience in Front Office Management, any negative cleaning aspects feed back to Management to show up which staff and Housekeepers are overlooking standards.

To be fair or way only a small percentage of premier inns that used that company, and could have been a dodgy manager for the cleaning company. I felt sorry for the girls though (Jesus the things they must see). I will stay with them though! X

How do we know which rooms have been cleaned thoroughly and which haven't?

In general, hotels within the Chains or Groups will have Section or Managerial Housekeepers who will follow through with room checks. Nearly all of these have Property Management Systems (PMS) meaning Housekeepers have to key in each room as cleaned and ready for guests within their PMS which then clears it ok for Reception to allow guests to be checked in.

Plus, in my long experience in Front Office Management, any negative cleaning aspects feed back to Management to show up which staff and Housekeepers are overlooking standards."

How do you know they haven't dried the bathroom with a dirty towel? I know what is on some of those towels.

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

In a travel lodge now ,,, bet it’s worse !

"Ugh! The woman using a towel to clean most of the bathroom was vile! "

If you think this is bad...I worked at a uk well-known, sea-side resort for a week, and was horrified about the cleaning shortcuts that were done. The shortage of duvet covers in particular meant that supervisors told you to leave any clean looking covers on, as there were no new ones to replace them and you were told to re-use anything you could. The time allotted to cleaning each unit was not enough, so there were always going to be nasty shortcuts. Suffice to say, I discourage friends and family from staying in one of their resorts.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Disappointed with that company after the show. Central London staff paid below the minimum wage, by being pressured to work for free and not take breaks. "

That was me in the NHS for 30+ years.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Not sure why this is a suprise? The hospitality industry, like catering, is notorious for shit wages and conditions.

Anywhere corners can be cut to save money, and time, they will be.

» Add a new message to this topic