FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Vegans

Vegans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Champions of animal rights, and human health?

Or virtue signaling bullies

Your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Vegans. People who don’t eat / use animal products.

End of.

"Vegans. People who don’t eat / use animal products.

End of."

In principle yes, but in practice?

It would be nice if vegans could just stop trying to force their views onto people.

and yes, I'm tarring all vegans with the same brush

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Did the other thread fill up completely?

Vegans - entitled to their belief and lifestyle.

End of.

In principle yes, but in practice? "

The same.

"Did the other thread fill up completely?

"

But by the same token, are meat eaters not allowed to have their own beliefs.

By *09309309Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

End of.

That is in practice. The other things are traits/ actions having nothing to do with dietary choices but with the individuals personality.

"It would be nice if vegans could just stop trying to force their views onto people.

and yes, I'm tarring all vegans with the same brush"

I find this too

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

End of.

I’m a vegan and have been for many years. I chose to not eat/wear/use animal. I also don’t push my opinions on others and have no issues sitting next to someone who is eating or wearing animal. It’s all about choice

"Did the other thread fill up completely?

But by the same token, are meat eaters not allowed to have their own beliefs. "

Of course, but that's not what you asked. I am a meat eater but I have friends and family who are not. I respect their beliefs and they respect mine.

End of.

In principle yes, but in practice? I’m a vegan and have been for many years. I chose to not eat/wear/use animal. I also don’t push my opinions on others and have no issues sitting next to someone who is eating or wearing animal. It’s all about choice "

And I for one appreciate how you conduct yourself, and if we ate together I would be inclined to be sensitive to your dietary beliefs, but the growing trend of angry vegans is hard work for everyone

gosport ish

End of.

In principle yes, but in practice? I’m a vegan and have been for many years. I chose to not eat/wear/use animal. I also don’t push my opinions on others and have no issues sitting next to someone who is eating or wearing animal. It’s all about choice

And I for one appreciate how you conduct yourself, and if we ate together I would be inclined to be sensitive to your dietary beliefs, but the growing trend of angry vegans is hard work for everyone "

angry vegans, hard work for everyone. Who is everyone, and why is it hard work op?.

End of.

In principle yes, but in practice? I’m a vegan and have been for many years. I chose to not eat/wear/use animal. I also don’t push my opinions on others and have no issues sitting next to someone who is eating or wearing animal. It’s all about choice

And I for one appreciate how you conduct yourself, and if we ate together I would be inclined to be sensitive to your dietary beliefs, but the growing trend of angry vegans is hard work for everyone "

I think you will find it goes both ways.

I quite often eat out with friends, and choose the only item on the menu suitable.

Only to have friends sometimes say are you sure you don’t want some of my bloody steak.

I find meat eaters more judgmental to be fair.

End of.

Angry anything is hard work for everyone these days. Change vegan for feminists or people of colour or pick a fundamental religious belief and those for and against it.

Big change has rarely happened without some discomfiture.

gosport ish

End of.

And I for one appreciate how you conduct yourself, and if we ate together I would be inclined to be sensitive to your dietary beliefs, but the growing trend of angry vegans is hard work for everyone

I quite often eat out with friends, and choose the only item on the menu suitable.

Only to have friends sometimes say are you sure you don’t want some of my bloody steak.

I find meat eaters more judgmental to be fair."

I have to say my colleagues at work are particularly less understanding with my choices until I make a vegan cake then it’s a different story

End of.

I find meat eaters more judgmental to be fair."

Im vegetarian and I find the same thing

People want to come and poke my food, as if vegetables are in some way alien

And there's the endless questions

I dont ask people why they eat dead animals. Fuck ooooffff!!

[Removed by poster at 05/02/18 17:35:59]

End of.

Interesting. On this site as a small spectrum of life - I’ve only seen threads started by people complaining about angry vegans. Where are they getting at you, OP?

"[Anger and meat removed by poster at 05/02/18 17:35:59]"

End of.

Interesting. On this site as a small spectrum of life - I’ve only seen threads started by people complaining about angry vegans. Where are they getting at you, OP? "

They seep in through my email social media, and the like, I made a joke about veganism six months ago, nothing too inflammatory, just about sense of humour needing a meat based diet to survive, and a so called friend of mine of 3 years+ blew up at me and hasn't spoken to me since, way to prove me wrong eh.

And now another friend who used to be a massive fan of a good steak as little as two months ago, now fires vegan videos out to my inbox at an alarming rate, in fact for an animal lover, he has a massive amount of animal cruelty videos.

And now I'm being pointed to vegans who call anyone who eats meat murderer or worse (a word I can't put on here)

End of.

Interesting. On this site as a small spectrum of life - I’ve only seen threads started by people complaining about angry vegans. Where are they getting at you, OP?

They seep in through my email social media, and the like, I made a joke about veganism six months ago, nothing too inflammatory, just about sense of humour needing a meat based diet to survive, and a so called friend of mine of 3 years+ blew up at me and hasn't spoken to me since, way to prove me wrong eh.

And now another friend who used to be a massive fan of a good steak as little as two months ago, now fires vegan videos out to my inbox at an alarming rate, in fact for an animal lover, he has a massive amount of animal cruelty videos.

And now I'm being pointed to vegans who call anyone who eats meat murderer or worse (a word I can't put on here) "

Well humour is subjective and sometimes people read humour that demeans something important to them as actually not being about making a joke but actually being disrespectful. I think friendships aren’t lost in quite such black and white circumstances as that. Or perhaps there wasn’t really a strong friendship in the first place? I don’t know. It’s easy to present things in the way that fits our script.

I’m sorry to hear you are being bombarded with things you don’t want. That isn’t fair. But doesn’t mean all vegans are the same.

End of.

And now I'm being pointed to vegans who call anyone who eats meat murderer or worse (a word I can't put on here)

Well humour is subjective and sometimes people read humour that demeans something important to them as actually not being about making a joke but actually being disrespectful. I think friendships aren’t lost in quite such black and white circumstances as that. Or perhaps there wasn’t really a strong friendship in the first place? I don’t know. It’s easy to present things in the way that fits our script.

I’m sorry to hear you are being bombarded with things you don’t want. That isn’t fair. But doesn’t mean all vegans are the same.

"

This is why I posed the question, it's more to gauge everyone else's thoughts, and how their experiences stack up with mine

We know a lovely lady who is vegan and she does post things on her social media that is quite shocking but in the same breath she also takes the Mickey out of herself quite a lot if she sees a meme about vegans and it’s taking the piss she will share it with laughing faces, likewise Ads tags her in things all the time that are funny and she finds it really funny.

She posts her meals every day that she cooks for her and her little boy, I always had this impression vegans eat bland horrible food but what she cooks looks amazing and it’s always something different, she’s really opened my eyes, he little boy is vegan but he doesn’t miss out on anything, he is thriving and always full.

Geeky x

End of.

This is why I posed the question, it's more to gauge everyone else's thoughts, and how their experiences stack up with mine"

I see. But it’s tarring a group with the behaviour of some. That’s my issue with the question. It’s either this or that. Why can’t people just be a vegan without having to be on a crusade for good or evil?

gosport ish

End of.

And now I'm being pointed to vegans who call anyone who eats meat murderer or worse (a word I can't put on here) "

maybe change your social media, and or find out more about vegans and why people choose this op

Alot of crocodile tears over my vegan leather shoes

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

End of.

My experience is yes in practice as well as principal.

By *lanPartridgeMan  over a year ago

nottingham

I think it's a valid lifestyle choice, and if someone finds using animal products distasteful you have to respect that. What it isn't is a better moral position. It's just an alternative one.

By *uteLittleGeekWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Not necessary vegans are all what you described above .

I used to be vegan for years but my reason was my religion .

For me was whole bigger experience as I knew why I did it . No one forced me , it was a choice.

It wasn’t easy especially for a person like me who likes dairy products and meat but gave up all .

Cooking was a big part of a whole day .

» Add a new message to this topic