FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Souvenir's you've pinched

Souvenir's you've pinched

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Aeroplane-shaped salt and pepper sets which became a "must steal" item among Virgin Atlantic Upper Class passengers are being phased out after thousands were "pinched", it was announced today.

Do you think it's ever ok to steal something you know you shouldn’t, even if it’s just for a souvenir? What 'souvenirs' have you taken before? What’s the most bizarre thing you’ve taken?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Aeroplane-shaped salt and pepper sets which became a "must steal" item among Virgin Atlantic Upper Class passengers are being phased out after thousands were "pinched", it was announced today.

Do you think it's ever ok to steal something you know you shouldn’t, even if it’s just for a souvenir? What 'souvenirs' have you taken before? What’s the most bizarre thing you’ve taken?"

chop sticks from chinese thats about it !! good honest ppl here lol

Piece of volcanic rock from the canary isles for my son, dont ask

I have the "real" mona Lisa in my bedroom, and Keith chegwin in the shed

I'm saying absolutely nothing save I know a certain person who collects stuff like it was going outta fashion lol xx

"I have the "real" mona Lisa in my bedroom, and Keith chegwin in the shed"

That's absolutely scandalous. You have a lot to answer for. If Keith Chegwin ever escapes from your shed you owe a huge debt to humanity.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Towels and the little bottles of shampoo ect cant think of anything else but im sure there must be something

Apologies first....but we always take the tea and coffee sachets we don't use for when we will need them

It can be very thirsty work you know

Forum Mod

I have just been reminded that I used to collect road signs on my way home from places when I was a teenager

Very nice glass ashtray from the American Bar in The Savoy Hotel, London (before the mega re-furb). Brings back memories of watching two women desperately trying to grab the attention of Jude Law, who was having a drink there.

By *herry n JonesyCouple  over a year ago

Oxfordshire / Leicester

"Aeroplane-shaped salt and pepper sets which became a "must steal" item among Virgin Atlantic Upper Class passengers are being phased out after thousands were "pinched", it was announced today.

Do you think it's ever ok to steal something you know you shouldn’t, even if it’s just for a souvenir? What 'souvenirs' have you taken before? What’s the most bizarre thing you’ve taken?"

Those salt and pepper pots do have 'pinched from Virgin' on the bottom of them.. I know.. I pinched some! lol

A rock from Red Rock Canyon in Nevada

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Given the price of upper class flights, I'd have thought unless they were sterling silver people have 'paid' for them.

Flown first once (upgrade from business, which was an airmile upgrade from premium economy), kept the pyjama's and toiletry bag. Do business using miles once a year, sheer bliss having a bed on a 10 hour flight.

Ex wife had a thing for teaspoons from places we visited

My parents have a huge stalagmite on their mantlepiece that they took as a souvenier from some caves in France in the sixties. Over 250000 years to turn into a wonder of nature, for 2 stoned hippies to decide that they wanted to take a little reminder home with them. Apparently it made the local French paper when a tour guide noticed it had been broken off

Hand written lyrics from a Bowie gig at Radio 2 in Maida Vale

When I was in the army, and away playing rugby I use to nick something from that unit that we visited every time, main things being desk name plates or nice signs. Or the unit flag now that was a top prize

"When I was in the army, and away playing rugby I use to nick something from that unit that we visited every time, main things being desk name plates or nice signs. Or the unit flag now that was a top prize "

My husbands RAF Rugby team stole the station warrant officer's phone once. We used to set it up on the aircraft wings and pretend we were calling from it ..... had to send it back though they were furious.

Forum Mod

"Hand written lyrics from a Bowie gig at Radio 2 in Maida Vale"

Wow! wanna swap them for a diversion sign?

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

A dust cap off the wheel of a South African Airways Boeing 747 I have it modified now and is on my key ring

12 different pint glasses pinched by me....however, after my friend's 40th- I got home to find in my handbag, (pinched by her!) 4 salt grinders, 4 knives, a box of sugar cubes, a box of crayons and 4 tealight holders..........oh....and a random waiter's phone number....wisnae even for me!

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I'm saying nothing on the grounds I will incriminate myself

"I'm saying nothing on the grounds I will incriminate myself "

I never nicked nothin from you're pub..... I just hid!

Forum Mod

"12 different pint glasses pinched by me....however, after my friend's 40th- I got home to find in my handbag, (pinched by her!) 4 salt grinders, 4 knives, a box of sugar cubes, a box of crayons and 4 tealight holders..........oh....and a random waiter's phone number....wisnae even for me!"

oh dear reading your post has reminded me of a night out where my rather large bag was also filled to the brim by my friends with most of a pubs xmas decs plus a few other things........ive been meaning to take them back

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

cock pics.....

"12 different pint glasses pinched by me....however, after my friend's 40th- I got home to find in my handbag, (pinched by her!) 4 salt grinders, 4 knives, a box of sugar cubes, a box of crayons and 4 tealight holders..........oh....and a random waiter's phone number....wisnae even for me!

oh dear reading your post has reminded me of a night out where my rather large bag was also filled to the brim by my friends with most of a pubs xmas decs plus a few other things........ive been meaning to take them back"

Several small, glittery xmas trees have been nicked too- why do I carry a handbag again? Oh yeah, so that other people can purloin stuff in secret!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Back in the late 1970's, I worked for Holiday Inns, when they first came to this country. At that time, their USA hotels relaced £2.5m worth of towels each year, taken by guests.

In my 36 years in Hotels, it was amazing what people would pinch. As well as the usual towels, bathrobes, bedding, and duvets, glassware, ashtrays, bathroom mirrors, curtains, even a mattress were "purloined".

I once caught a guest trying to move the luxury rugs into his car; his thinking was he'd paid for his room so that gave him carte blanche to have the rugs too. Once he'd left, we discovered he'd even managed to nick the bedside tables; we notified the Police, who found the items at his home and he earned himself a criminal record and a lifetime ban worldwide from the Hotel Group!

Another hotel I knew of (but didn't work there!) had their two ornamental stone lions weighing half a ton each nicked from the entrance to the drive. These were traced to a hotel guest's home

Best one for me was on way back from rugby International in wales Bus stopped in Pub in Monmouth.

one of the boys decided try take the dartboard with us watch by the barmaid who said to him

"Do you want a screw driver"

his reply as quick as a flash

"nah your alright hen im no the driver"

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Ken Dodds tears.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"I'm saying nothing on the grounds I will incriminate myself

I never nicked nothin from you're pub..... I just hid!"

only thing I pinched that night was the waiter's arse

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

A Porcelain cow in a shopping trolley from St Austell years back.

I was very, very d*unk.

two cannon balls...!

"I'm saying nothing on the grounds I will incriminate myself

I never nicked nothin from you're pub..... I just hid!

only thing I pinched that night was the waiter's arse "

Surely that's standard behaviour?

"I'm saying nothing on the grounds I will incriminate myself "

If it aint screwed down ah dear xx

I "borrowed" some beer from a hotel i stayed in when they had a power cut and i was sat in the bar.

I shared it though.

myself and a couple of others in the hocke team i played for at the time managed to uproot a speed limit sign from the roadside on the way home from a game against lichfield...

... seemed like a good idea at the time!

when my son got married last year, somehow, four really nice bath towels found there way into our case along with a couple of bath robes, don't know how they got there

Iraqi AK-47

The most prominent one that springs to mind, is not really a souvenir as such....but I took a wrong turning on the way home, years go, from Blackpool. We pulled in to the motorway services and my fella stole one of the cafetieres, off a table, when I asked him why...he replied "because its there" he never once used it and it ended up in the bin.

As we crossed over the motorway bridge, he spotted a lottery ticket on the floor, I told him to bloody leave it, and no he insisted on picking it up, so I amused him...A week or so later he pulls said ticket from his pocket, takes it to the shop and it had 4 winning numbers on it...£98.....some poor sod could of picked the same numbers week in and week out and then lost it ....my fella is still a klepto! but I have managed to kick most of it out of him, over the years

So our biggest win on the Lottery has been on a found/lost ticket

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The pyjamas etc that you get when you fly first are yours to keep, of course - it's not stealing. I mix it between Club and First when I fly long haul, and it's defo worth it. Best 'steal' I've got is some vintage Champers from a long haul flight, c. £200 worth, but staff did help me with that one, and some gold plated brandy - forget the name.

When I leave the airline frequent fliers lounges, I usually take drinks with me, as they can come in handy at the other end, especially if you're flying somewhere hot. All the notices say 'drinks and food must be consumed here...', but I never look at them, of course. I ask flight crew for extra champagne when flying too, as this comes in handy with something to drink when I'm in town. As for hotels - I get a free mini bar refill each day at one hotel chain I use, so these often return home with me, subject to flight limits, otherwise I give them to staff who've helped me, such as in shops, as a little thank you (not exactly stealing, as it's my daily drinks refill).

"Hand written lyrics from a Bowie gig at Radio 2 in Maida Vale

Wow! wanna swap them for a diversion sign?"

Is it signed?

» Add a new message to this topic