FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > TalkTalk

TalkTalk

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had the pleasure of a loyalty call from them last month, promising me further discounts if I was to stay with them for a further 12 months, so I said OK, well saving me money and never had any issues in terms of the service they provide so what the hell, get the bill for this month and it had more than doubled

So i ring the billing dept and whilst explaining what had happened the person at the other end actually started to laugh, at this point I went bollistic, the air was blue in the living room as I went off on him big time, after a few minutes of him grovelling with apology he put me through to the loyalty dept, who could apologise enough for the fuck up at there end as "a check box had not been checked by whoever rung me originally" he promised to sort it out and gave me or so he said a £20 credit good will gesture.

So I checked my bill again this morning and guess what, yeap, hasn't been changed at all and no £2o credit either, what a bunch of fecking idiots they are, can anyone suggest another reputable national company apart from BT and Virgin cause I think these two companies hire the same knob heads in their call centres

rant over

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

get it out Mally...

[Removed by poster at 07/10/11 10:59:49]

With Sky vey few problems...

we quit TalkTalk and went back to BT and it's been the best move for us

"With Sky vey few problems..."

Sky broadband is too expensive in our area

O2 for mobile and Bt for landline and interweb, purely on their customer service alone, on the rare occasion I have had to call the phone reps are great. Never had any issues with either too

"O2 for mobile and Bt for landline and interweb, purely on their customer service alone, on the rare occasion I have had to call the phone reps are great. Never had any issues with either too"

same here.. o2 even phoned me to say i was on a tarriff that was too high for useage

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Forum Mod

Talk talk were a pile of shite when we used them yrs ago

Never again

We are with the post office and never had any problems they are excellent

"02"

Well looks like we have a favourite, will look into it over the weekend as well as ringing talktalk back and giving them what for

"Talk talk were a pile of shite when we used them yrs ago

Never again"

We've never had an issue with them, until now, but it was originally Tiscali when we joined them.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Threaten them with ofcom

I read elsewhere that those Yorkshire +net people are good.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the nuggets of info you find out on wikipedia...

In August 2011, TalkTalk were fined £3 million by the independent telecommunications regulator Ofcom for incorrectly billing over 65,000 customers between 1 January 2010 and 4 March 2011. The company had been overcharging customers for services that had not received which resulted in the company paying an additional £2.5 million in refunds. Ofcom warned TalkTalk in November 2010 to rectify their billing problem after 62,000 incorrect bills were issued and were given a deadline which they did not meet. TalkTalk was announced as the most complained about telecommunications company for landline and broadband for 2011 by Ofcom.

I got a joint tv/internet/telephone package with sky and it was a lot cheaper than the same deal with virgin or BT....

"the nuggets of info you find out on wikipedia...

In August 2011, TalkTalk were fined £3 million by the independent telecommunications regulator Ofcom for incorrectly billing over 65,000 customers between 1 January 2010 and 4 March 2011. The company had been overcharging customers for services that had not received which resulted in the company paying an additional £2.5 million in refunds. Ofcom warned TalkTalk in November 2010 to rectify their billing problem after 62,000 incorrect bills were issued and were given a deadline which they did not meet. TalkTalk was announced as the most complained about telecommunications company for landline and broadband for 2011 by Ofcom.

I got a joint tv/internet/telephone package with sky and it was a lot cheaper than the same deal with virgin or BT...."

Thanks for that Fabio, will deffo be looking at sky again, I just know years ago when we first looked at getting broadband Sky was really expensive.

Will deffo give it another look.

waiting for our contract with talk talk to run out then will be going with sky, we moved a year or so back and it took them six weeks to sort our tinternet out to the new house, useless

» Add a new message to this topic