FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Musicians/Singers

Musicians/Singers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any on here then? Who does/plays what?

I'm a self taught drummer who was in a local band some 40+ years ago, just small gigs around our county town, then 40+ years later performed on stage last year when I helped out a local primary school in a concert, went a bit further with it this year and we ended up on TV which was fantastic for the children from a tiny village school

So what do you lot do then?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

played guitar in local pub rock / blues bands for around 25 years, stopped about 5 years ago due to fingers not working from arthritis.

Am still involved in the local music an am dram scene, but on the tech side, lighting and sound engineering

"played guitar in local pub rock / blues bands for around 25 years, stopped about 5 years ago due to fingers not working from arthritis.

Am still involved in the local music an am dram scene, but on the tech side, lighting and sound engineering"

nice one, was looking online last night and see that Joe Bonamassa is in Cardiff this month....very tempting

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm a drummer and guitarist, I play with a bunch of other middle aged guys doing covers of songs we all love. Don't play live as very few venues round here.

"I'm a drummer and guitarist, I play with a bunch of other middle aged guys doing covers of songs we all love. Don't play live as very few venues round here. "

That's something I'd love to do but here in the sticks there are hardly any other musicians

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

I'm a guitarist and singer, play acoustic rock now since been solo 3 years. But had bands and studs for 10 yrs before solo

Also play bass, keys, slight drums.

Used to play guitar and sing professionally (well was a successful busker lol) dabbled in writing and recording a few songs but now am a karaoke dj who only rarely picks up his guitar! Wifey sings and can hold a tune too.

leeds

"played guitar in local pub rock / blues bands for around 25 years, stopped about 5 years ago due to fingers not working from arthritis.

Am still involved in the local music an am dram scene, but on the tech side, lighting and sound engineering

nice one, was looking online last night and see that Joe Bonamassa is in Cardiff this month....very tempting "

tempting indeed if Cardiff was not so far away gonna have to look see if he anywhere nearer

nice one, was looking online last night and see that Joe Bonamassa is in Cardiff this month....very tempting

tempting indeed if Cardiff was not so far away gonna have to look see if he anywhere nearer"

I've got an album of him with Beth Hart as well a a couple of albums of his solo stuff

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

play the pink oboe

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"play the pink oboe "

I got one of those, but never been able to play it! Perhaps like all instruments, should have started earlier!

"play the pink oboe "

would that be the sexophone?

i just enjoy singing, won several karaoke comps, sang at a few weddings.. would have loved to sing as part of a band

[Removed by poster at 07/10/11 11:35:16]

"I'm a drummer and guitarist, I play with a bunch of other middle aged guys doing covers of songs we all love. Don't play live as very few venues round here.

That's something I'd love to do but here in the sticks there are hardly any other musicians "

Put some ads in the nearest music shop to you. Any local musician will probably use it, I'm sure you will be suprized at how many people play and are looking for people to jam with. Hope you find some band mates

I play guitar, mostly blues and rockabilly, I like jamming with friends and both of us dj, me more than Lin, but it makes for some good nights out!!

Pro for several years, guitar and frontperson, original and covers bands, lots of recording engineering work. Just unblocked my creative juices to start making music again, after ten years of blowing dust off my guitars.

By *uzzy2177Man  over a year ago

swindon

i play bass in a covers band. mainly rock.

self taught

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I can whistle from my bum but rarely do it on stage these days

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Triangle.

Mostly Drum'n'Bass type stuff.

French horn I can play very well.. violin too, viola, cello, trumpet, flute. Clarinet, all recorders, piano but not well...

Currently learning the guitar

Cali x

leeds

tempting indeed if Cardiff was not so far away gonna have to look see if he anywhere nearer

I've got an album of him with Beth Hart as well a a couple of albums of his solo stuff"

Joe Bonnamassa will be 'in session' on radio two this monday at 7pm, heard a trailer for it during the night whilst i was working

Started singing again a few months ago after years of not doing anything as I lost my confidence (used to be semi-pro). I've found a group that meet weekly and we just sing our hearts out for fun. It's the best thing I've done since I started swinging as there're no pressure, I always end up with a huge smile on my face and it's a damn good workout too!

Blues harmonica and some mornings after a night on the beer I think I can sing like Chris Rea

in my own little world, I can

I used to play guitar and sing in bands when I was in Leeds, but since moving to manchester have not done anything, but am getting the urge to get back out there and start another band.

Lots of places to gig around here, it is just hard finding the right people to get it going.

» Add a new message to this topic