FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Equal pay

Equal pay

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all there's been a lot about equal pay in the papers and the rest of the media bit I'm curious if anyone from the transgender community has taken a pay cut or been given a rise in pay since they re assigned gender as would be fascinating to hear if indeed this issue transcends the whole gender scene ,don't want arguments about the inequality of pay just curious to see if it effects every one. Cheers best ride

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ortadowncplCouple  over a year ago

Portadown

It’s a myth, based on incomplete data. The whole women earn 75p to every pound men earn has been proven to be false. Hour for hour like for like it’s about the same. The only reason there is disparity is because women as a whole chose careers with lower pay than careers men choose. One example is primary school teacher vs bricklayer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All sounds like 50s commi propaganda to me

Men need to be paid bit more so they can pay for drinks and diners

"It’s a myth, based on incomplete data. The whole women earn 75p to every pound men earn has been proven to be false. Hour for hour like for like it’s about the same. The only reason there is disparity is because women as a whole chose careers with lower pay than careers men choose. One example is primary school teacher vs bricklayer."

Not just that but among the younger generations (people aged 45 and younger) who have had greater accesss to higher education, women who get into high powered or high income careers often step back in their careers or step down as the desire to have a family and the demands of around those grow.

Proffesor Jordan Peterson has spoken at length on this debate explains all points very well. His stuff is on youtube.

I suspect as the next generation or two get into careers the wage gap will shirk as more women are interest in STEM subjects and buisness

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

Stalbridge

If women were cheaper to hire, no one would hire men.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I always thought women got paid less because they are only effective 3 weeks out of every 4? Is this not right?

» Add a new message to this topic