FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The world is flat

The world is flat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Inspired by the thread about the beautiful moon tonight....

I have had a genuine conversation with a COLLEAGUE who thinks the world is flat and its all a conspiracy. Now I am a cynical as anyone and a critical eye is important....but the world is round isn't it?

Where has this new conspiracy emerged from? Or have I been hookwinked?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Inspired by the thread about the beautiful moon tonight....

I have had a genuine conversation with a COLLEAGUE who thinks the world is flat and its all a conspiracy. Now I am a cynical as anyone and a critical eye is important....but the world is round isn't it?

Where has this new conspiracy emerged from? Or have I been hookwinked?"

You just need to look out of your window and you see that the earth is far from flat... it's very bumpy.

Cal

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s been around for a while and some people swear by it!

There’s a school of thought that says the theory emerged deliberately to make us challenge what we’re told and not believe everything we’re taught! So they come up with reasons why the Earth “could” be flat to make us think about and challenge conventional thinking!

But some people really do take it very seriously and think the Earth is flat.

I’ll leave it up to you to make up you’re own mind about whether it is or isn’t!

By *egWorshipperMan  over a year ago

Gods Country

Ask your colleague if he has sky tv or uses GPS? If satellites are not orbiting a globe how do they stay in the sky?

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

You just need to look out of your window and you see that the earth is far from flat... it's very bumpy.

Cal"

By *arkRichMan  over a year ago

Manchester City Centre

My mate also believes it...

There are a few things that they say that makes me think something is going on...

Like nasa having confirmed that no real photograph of earth exists, and that all official ones are actually composites, and that they did photoshop the old ones...

That’s my favourite... because it doesn’t back up the fact that the earth is flat, it just exposes that there is definitely something going on...

I believe Nasa have never been to the moon...

As we’ve never been back

And that issue could be to do with the fact that the moon is either in accessible, by current means... or it is not what they thought it was back when yhe allegedly faked the moon landings...

Could it be impossible for a human to leave the earths atmosphere? I’ve seen scientists say that in interviews before... too much radiation

But why were the moon landings faked?

It was the COLD WAR... and if you can get a rocket to the moon... you can get one to Russia, filled with a few nuclear warheads...

That’s why I believe there’s a big lie about space...

Wouldn’t go as far as to say the world is flat... but it definitely makes you think...

What other lies are out there?

Would a genuine picture of planet earth be too dangerous for the population to see?

Is it egg shaped?

Is it bigger, with a few more continents?

Is it flat?

Or would the picture have something on it that would lead the public to change their beliefs?

Would it diss-prove religion? The biggest system of control on the planet?

No idea!

But it’s interesting if you look at the flat earth arguement, without saying the earth is flat...

Look at the arguement they make and say... does that prove the earth is flat? Or does that just prove that there is possibly an anomaly?

Could there be something missing?

Is someone hiding something?

Oooooh... I love it!!!

Well I saw a cartoon where Donald Duck threw a ball to the left and it returned from the right after it went round the world. That’s good enough for me.

Is this the new 'kiss fuck avoid' type of recurring thread?

By *isty286Couple  over a year ago

Dorset

I just tried zooming all the way out on my cars sat nav, and either the world is a sphere, or where I was looking from England is right in the middle of a flat disc...lol

Does your colleague travel the UK, spray painting road signs and bridges like other members of Flat Earth

perhaps they should clean up their graffiti

Sigh- basic physics seems beyond lots of people these days.

I was chatting to a girl on a dating website right up until she said the moon landings were fake. Next lol.

Idiocracy the film is coming true.

Dunning Kruger effect

I want a flat earther to travel in one direction until they reach the edge, then report back to me what they can see at the worlds end.

If you believe it, stop shouting it out, and prove it!

It’s guarded by NASA lol

Manchester City Centre

"Sigh- basic physics seems beyond lots of people these days.

I was chatting to a girl on a dating website right up until she said the moon landings were fake. Next lol.

Dunning Kruger effect "

Why would basic physics prove or disprove the moon landings?

Didn’t really understand your argument...

It’s reasonable to be skeptical of the moon landings after a few decades of nobody ever going there with High Definition devices and our advances in technology... isn’t it?

I think they are fake... I know neither of us know for sure either way...

I don’t believe the earth is flat... but a lot of their arguements point to anomalies in the moon landings...

I think intelligence comes from questioning what you are told, rather than just believing it because you saw it on tv or read it in a book

I am yet to hear a clear arguement for why we haven’t gone back to the moon...

There was an article in the press a few months ago where scientists proved that a moon rock given to Holland by Nasa was fake

It was in the national press...

That actually is classed as secondary evidence suggesting that the moon landings were fake...

As does the fact that no one has been up there for quite a while... with proper cameras and all the cool gear that’d make it all look proper real and believable

Just saying

If the Earth was flat.... cats would push everything off the edge.

By *eus n EuropaCouple  over a year ago

Derby

"If the Earth was flat.... cats would push everything off the edge."

Too right they would

Plus we have just put the flat Earth thread to bed so to speak

Naaaaa it's round

"Naaaaa it's round "

Round like that peach!

Dunning Kruger effect

It’s reasonable to be skeptical of the moon landings after a few decades of nobody ever going there with High Definition devices and our advances in technology... isn’t it?

I don’t believe the earth is flat... but a lot of their arguements point to anomalies in the moon landings...

I think intelligence comes from questioning what you are told, rather than just believing it because you saw it on tv or read it in a book

There was an article in the press a few months ago where scientists proved that a moon rock given to Holland by Nasa was fake

That actually is classed as secondary evidence suggesting that the moon landings were fake...

As does the fact that no one has been up there for quite a while... with proper cameras and all the cool gear that’d make it all look proper real and believable

Just saying"

There might be a really good reason for not going back to the moon.. like, oh I don't know..... The fact that there's fuck all there?

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"If the Earth was flat.... cats would push everything off the edge."

Why do they do that lol? ?

Manchester City Centre

Dunning Kruger effect

Just saying

There might be a really good reason for not going back to the moon.. like, oh I don't know..... The fact that there's fuck all there? "

It’s not a good enough reason... unfortunately...

It’s supposed to be the perfect place to house a space station, for observation, for research...

We were supposed to have built a space station there in the year 2000

There’s lots to be gained from going back to the moon...

No scientists has ever said, “There’s fuck all there”

They’ve all said that it would be a perfect place to return to, for research and to build a base for research and development of soace technology...

So why haven’t we done it?

It’s most likely because we can’t and we’ve never been...

Loads of advertisers would front the money to go to the moon again...

Imagine the views on TV/Internet?

It’d actually earn money...

If anyone has a logical answer as to why we haven’t been back... I’ll listen to it...

But saying, ‘There’s fuck all there’ really isn’t a good enough arguement

Apparently NASA's answer for why we haven't been back to the Moon is that they have "lost the technology".

So.....we had the technology in the 60s, but now we don't.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Manchester City Centre

"Apparently NASA's answer for why we haven't been back to the Moon is that they have "lost the technology".

So.....we had the technology in the 60s, but now we don't.

Hmmmmmmmmm."

Brilliant... it’s strange isn’t it?

I remember them saying that there was more technology in a casio calculator than they had on the moon flights...

What the fuck kind of technology do they need to go back?

It makes zero sense

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I have had a genuine conversation with a COLLEAGUE who thinks the world is flat and its all a conspiracy. Now I am a cynical as anyone and a critical eye is important....but the world is round isn't it?It is a triangle with pointy bits

Gods Country

They left apparatus on the moon that they fire laser beams at everyday to measure the earth moon distance. We have gone back, with lunar satellites with high definition cameras and photographed the original landing sites, foot prints and all. But then again they would fake that too wouldn't they.

By *elson61Man  over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

If the world was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

By *queekyCheesyCouple  over a year ago

newark

Every other observable planet ever discovered.. is round.

The one we live on, is flat.

Yes because that makes perfect sense and natural selection seriously needs to up its game

Gods Country

How do flat earthers explain day and night?

Manchester City Centre

"They left apparatus on the moon that they fire laser beams at everyday to measure the earth moon distance. We have gone back, with lunar satellites with high definition cameras and photographed the original landing sites, foot prints and all. But then again they would fake that too wouldn't they. "

I read about that, and once saw Brian Cox explain that... but I don’t think an actual person went back to the moon, which is the whole point...

Yes, they would fake a photograph... part of the point of this is that the photos taken on the moon that appear to show the earth were actually all proven to be fake by modern computer programs such as photoshop...

All nasa photos of the earth taken from space have also been proven to be composite images of the earth, and not actually genuine photos taken from space, as they were said to be at the time...

So yes, the can fake photos, they have done it, and they have been proven as fakes by modern computer programs...

although I don’t agree the earth is flat...

Isn’t it great that we can question things for ourselves, and not just blindly follow each other...?

We haven’t got any tangible evidence that anyone has been back to the moon since the 60’s... even though it would be easy to fund in our age of media coverage, and highly important to do for research purposes...

The flat earth movement has done really well to highlight this issue, and the fact that all known photos of planet earth taken from outer space are fakes

Nasa admitted this

They said that it was impossible to take a photo of earth from space, but wouldn’t say why

Interesting isn’t it?

Why would you fake a photo?

"If the Earth was flat.... cats would push everything off the edge.

Why do they do that lol? ? "

Because they are twats sometimes.... and they can.... especially my two lol

Dunning Kruger effect

Just saying

There might be a really good reason for not going back to the moon.. like, oh I don't know..... The fact that there's fuck all there?

It’s not a good enough reason... unfortunately...

It’s supposed to be the perfect place to house a space station, for observation, for research...

We were supposed to have built a space station there in the year 2000

There’s lots to be gained from going back to the moon...

No scientists has ever said, “There’s fuck all there”

They’ve all said that it would be a perfect place to return to, for research and to build a base for research and development of soace technology...

So why haven’t we done it?

It’s most likely because we can’t and we’ve never been...

Loads of advertisers would front the money to go to the moon again...

Imagine the views on TV/Internet?

It’d actually earn money...

If anyone has a logical answer as to why we haven’t been back... I’ll listen to it...

But saying, ‘There’s fuck all there’ really isn’t a good enough arguement "

Okay, I was being a bit flippant. No I've never heard a scientist say that. I've also never heard a respected scientist say that it didn't happen, or even better, that we didnt/don't have the technology to land on the moon.

I'm no scientist, but I imagine one concern over building up there, might have to do with the lack of atmosphere to protect it against meteors/meteorites.

Well ive just walked up a hill so it can't be flat

All photos of earth from space have been "proven" to be takes? Where is this proof you speak of?

"NASA said"? When? To who?

Are you just getting all this from some conspiracy web site!?

By *icole FanningTV/TS  over a year ago

Navan

I’d say this new conspiracy emerged from the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels

"Well ive just walked up a hill so it can't be flat"

You're in on it! You probably work for NASA...

There are a few things that they say that makes me think something is going on...

Like nasa having confirmed that no real photograph of earth exists, and that all official ones are actually composites, and that they did photoshop the old ones...

That’s my favourite... because it doesn’t back up the fact that the earth is flat, it just exposes that there is definitely something going on...

As we’ve never been back

And that issue could be to do with the fact that the moon is either in accessible, by current means... or it is not what they thought it was back when yhe allegedly faked the moon landings...

Could it be impossible for a human to leave the earths atmosphere? I’ve seen scientists say that in interviews before... too much radiation

It was the COLD WAR... and if you can get a rocket to the moon... you can get one to Russia, filled with a few nuclear warheads...

Wouldn’t go as far as to say the world is flat... but it definitely makes you think...

Would a genuine picture of planet earth be too dangerous for the population to see?

Is it egg shaped?

Is it flat?

Or would the picture have something on it that would lead the public to change their beliefs?

No idea!

But it’s interesting if you look at the flat earth arguement, without saying the earth is flat...

Look at the arguement they make and say... does that prove the earth is flat? Or does that just prove that there is possibly an anomaly?

Oooooh... I love it!!! "

That reminds me ... I need to watch another episode of the X Files!!

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

https://youtu.be/GoW8Tf7hTGA

Say no more.....

"Well ive just walked up a hill so it can't be flat

You're in on it! You probably work for NASA... "

I do but only 30k a year so I'm moving to stevenage council for better money

Manchester City Centre

"All photos of earth from space have been "proven" to be takes? Where is this proof you speak of?

Are you just getting all this from some conspiracy web site!?"

Google it...

Many internet threads and interviews with nasa explaining why they were faked

Lots of nasa engineers explaining that they were all part of a propaganda campaign against SOVIET RUSSIA...

At the time, we didn’t have the technology to pull them apart.

But all the evidence is there if you decide to look...

It’s one of the easiest things to prove, as you can donit yourself...

The fake photos, of which there are many, are still available to download from the nasa site, and you can follow a YouTube tutorial that will teach you how to alter the contrast and other settings in order to see where the images were cropped and spliced together...

Nasa scientists all have different answers... no one has any official reason for it... but the most common ones are...

It was part of a propaganda campaign, and we cannot actually take photographs of the earth, without giving a reason why...

It’s all there...

I watched a flat earth documentary that didn’t convince me that the earth was flat...

I still didn’t agree with the physics...

But... I couldn’t argue with the nasa bit... and have seen this info before on many moon landing videos...

I am not saying I belythe earth is flat...

Because I don’t... but...

If you actually open your eyes, your mind, and your heart... and forget what you think you know...

You will probably enjoy their arguements... because some, like the nasa stuff... id really really good...

Yes, it doesn’t prove anything...

It just proves that there’s something going... even if it has nothing to do with the flat earth theory

Manchester City Centre

"All photos of earth from space have been "proven" to be takes? Where is this proof you speak of?

Are you just getting all this from some conspiracy web site!?"

No conspiracy website mate...

Just from an open mind

Go and do some research, like I did...

My mate told me the earth was flat...

I didn’t argue with him... I kept cool and told him I’d look into it...

I have since said this to him...

I have no evidence that the earth is flat

Nor do you...

But there is a lot of evidence out there that points to the issue of nasa having fakes many photographs... which made me question the moon landings

It’s well worth looking into with a scientific open mind, rather than an ignorant closed one...

Gods Country

No one has the evidence that the Earth is flat because it isn't, its round and there is plenty of evidence for that. You can see it yourself if you travel. (They say travel broadens the mind ) If you travel to the southern hemisphere you can watch the constellations in the sky and the Moon turn upside down the further South you go. I have seen it myself, how does that work on a flat earth?

You believe whatever you're programmed to believe.

Until you're free from matrix, you'll never know.

Now, do you take the red pill or the blue pill?

The Lunar recon orbiter has taken hi definition images of all Apollo landing sites complete with foot print trails.

But they’re all fake, naturally.

I don’t believe anything- the physics, the rocks cannot be faked. The geology and make up can’t be replicated in Earth’s gravitational field or magnetosphere.

Nor can the type of radiation damage to them or the Surveyor 3 camera recovered by Apollo12.

I’m going to sound arrogant but so be it- if you can’t understand why it can’t be faked then you’ll never believe we went to the Moon.

It’s like saying you don’t understand how Nuclear reactors work- fine- but it’s not magic just complex physics.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

As we’ve never been back

Is it egg shaped?

Is it flat?

No idea!

Oooooh... I love it!!! "

"I believe Nasa have never been to the moon...

As we’ve never been back"

Men have landed on the moon 6 times, and with a decent telescope you can still see evidence on the surface.

Pictures of the Earth from space are being taken all the time from the ISS (International Space Station), Tim Peaks (the last Brit to be up there) has dozens that he happily shows.

By *icole FanningTV/TS  over a year ago

Navan

I was chatting with Elvis earlier today about this & he said the world is flat. He knows this because Lord Lucan told him that he’d been abducted by aliens and as they flew off to Plant Zog he looked out the window and saw the world was flat.

I trust this finally puts closure on this discussion.

By *ootleCouple  over a year ago

Romford, Essex

"https://youtu.be/GoW8Tf7hTGA

Say no more....."

Love this video - you are living on my kind of planet .

As for the conspiracy theories:

Yes, The world is flat and is carried around the universe on the back of a giant turtle.

Elvis works in McDonalds.

There's a London bus parked on the moon.

You can't take photos of the earth because everyone knows cameras wont work in space (because NASA owns them all).

The sun, The Star AND the Daily Mail never lie.

The nurse brings me my medication at 9pm

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"You believe whatever you're programmed to believe.

Now, do you take the red pill or the blue pill? "

I took both pills but one of them was fake.

The earth is toblerone shaped obviously. Anyone who says different just hasn't d*unk enough...

NASA coloured in black and white pictures to make them clearer, that's not fake pictures it's just artistic impression on 1960's digital cameras that couldn't do colour.

And they landed on the moon, but it was expensive and pointless. Apart from a well funded cold war exercise. The proof is partly that you could if you chose see the landing sites at certain times of the year, but more that there were lots of Americans involved who wouldn't have been able to keep a secret this long.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

Rainbows are arched due to the curvature of the globe. Just saying.

Ed

Hmmm

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

You can see the astronauts' actual footprints on the moon!

Dear lord, conspiracy theories. The ridiculous lengths people will go to to try and make them selves feel clever and special.

By *he Silver FuxMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

Mr Superhands - you are in danger of appearing as a complete tool. Don’t believe the shit that some of the fuckwits that have been provided a worldwide social presence via the internet have been spouting. Maybe worry more about improving your intelligence than your gains in the gym? Believe me when I say women (the kind of women you’d actually want to be with) will find your intellect much more attractive than your over-developed but ultimately pointless traps.

When NASA refer to their photographs as ‘composites’ it means they are formed of many smaller images put together to form one big picture. Like the all the pixels on your TV forming a composite image. They are not ‘faked’ . The world is flat? For fucks sake there are sailors around the world (!) who can’t even read or write but understand why a ship can sail over the horizon and can no longer be seen with a telescope. I mean what do *you* think holds the air in on top of a flat earth, do you have a theory? Do wind and clouds fucking stop at the edge? What causes weather, the jet streams; in fact how come many thousands of pilots, every fucking day, actually see the curvature of the earth and fly great circle routes all over the globe - you’d think maybe one of them might have taken a fucking picture of the edge by now? That would be worth a lot more as a tabloid picture than Daisy Lowes tits right?

Why haven’t any flat earthers chartered an aircraft and flown to the edge and taken the picture? Why? because they’re ignorant twats who lack the basic intelligence to apply even fundamental logic and reason and are afraid of people who are more intelligent than they are. Don’t be one of them.

Gods Country

You have to remember it was a space race. The Russians tried to steal the Americans thunder by landing an unmanned probe (Luna 15) to collect Moondust and return it to Earth before NASA did. It crashed on the Moon while Apollo 11 astronauts where on the Moon. I'm sure the Russian space scientists would have sussed it was all fake by now? Unless those pesky Russians were in on it too? Apollo 11 was actually tracked landing from Jodrell Bank in Cheshire.

Just ask them if the sun and moon are flat too.

"Mr Superhands - you are in danger of appearing as a complete tool. Don’t believe the shit that some of the fuckwits that have been provided a worldwide social presence via the internet have been spouting. Maybe worry more about improving your intelligence than your gains in the gym? Believe me when I say women (the kind of women you’d actually want to be with) will find your intellect much more attractive than your over-developed but ultimately pointless traps.

When NASA refer to their photographs as ‘composites’ it means they are formed of many smaller images put together to form one big picture. Like the all the pixels on your TV forming a composite image. They are not ‘faked’ . The world is flat? For fucks sake there are sailors around the world (!) who can’t even read or write but understand why a ship can sail over the horizon and can no longer be seen with a telescope. I mean what do *you* think holds the air in on top of a flat earth, do you have a theory? Do wind and clouds fucking stop at the edge? What causes weather, the jet streams; in fact how come many thousands of pilots, every fucking day, actually see the curvature of the earth and fly great circle routes all over the globe - you’d think maybe one of them might have taken a fucking picture of the edge by now? That would be worth a lot more as a tabloid picture than Daisy Lowes tits right?

Why haven’t any flat earthers chartered an aircraft and flown to the edge and taken the picture? Why? because they’re ignorant twats who lack the basic intelligence to apply even fundamental logic and reason and are afraid of people who are more intelligent than they are. Don’t be one of them. "

Because you can't take pictures from the air either! Duh!

By *odramamaleMan  over a year ago

near

It would be a shocker if the world was flat especially as all the trillions and trillions of trillions of stars that surround it are spheres.

Sounds like more dumbass facebook shit.

Watch some hollyoaks and just labotomise yourself.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We know the distance to the moon to a mm, because of the laser beams we shine and reflect off the plates that we put on its surface. We know it's gravitational pull on us, as a spherical object and the earths gravitational pull, as similarly shaped, upon it.

If someone would like to correct calculations of gravity etc, then I'll listen. Otherwise they are just attention seeking without effort

For a few dollars you can send a balloon and camera into our atmosphere. Do it and take pictures of our planet.

It's infantile

By *xplorer13Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

Have you not seen the pictures from the space station? Or the boy who parachuted fecking miles above our planet? I will give you a hint, it's round! Jeeze your school must have been for slow people.

As we’ve never been back

Is it egg shaped?

Is it flat?

No idea!

Oooooh... I love it!!! "

Galileo

Why is there such a need to spray paint "Flat Earth" up and down the length of the country, its a disgrace

"Why is there such a need to spray paint "Flat Earth" up and down the length of the country, its a disgrace"

I haven't seen this graffiti of which you speak. Thankfully the toblerone snapped earth society don't feel the need to damage property.

"We know the distance to the moon to a mm, because of the laser beams we shine and reflect off the plates that we put on its surface. We know it's gravitational pull on us, as a spherical object and the earths gravitational pull, as similarly shaped, upon it.

If someone would like to correct calculations of gravity etc, then I'll listen. Otherwise they are just attention seeking without effort

For a few dollars you can send a balloon and camera into our atmosphere. Do it and take pictures of our planet.

It's infantile "

"We know the distance to the moon to a mm, because of the laser beams we shine and reflect off the plates that we put on its surface. We know it's gravitational pull on us, as a spherical object and the earths gravitational pull, as similarly shaped, upon it.

It's infantile

"

Well this is a lively debate, some very intelligent responses and maybe a few that aren’t

We do all like s conspiracy theory lol!!

Science has developed and exacted many things over the last 200 years, perhaps the problem is we don’t like science we as a race prefer speculation and mystery, I’m all up for various conspiracies it makes life so much more interesting, so much so, think I’ll start some other threads on conspiracies!!!

Anyway 1 very intriguing fact! The earth as confirmed by NASA revolves at 470 meters per second at the equator.

Just take that in for a second (ooops you moved nearly 500 metres)

We are told gravity keeps everything stable at 470 metres per second

Fuck me that gravitational pull is strong stuff... so if I am travelling on an aeroplane from Cairo to Johannesburg

How the fuck do I compensate for that?

Lol science is baffling

One more thought

I put this in a previous thread about this subject, why is it that the UN basically use the same map as flat earthers use?

Coincidence!?

Who knows

Lol

No one else got anything to say on this?

"No one else got anything to say on this?"

A map is a 2D representation of a 3D object- they only display true scale over certain small areas with distortion acceptable outside its useable zone.

Hence the Golbal maps are usually mercator projections where the UK is usually a Lamberts Confomal conical.

In short- understand what the map is designed to show- not what people Want to subvert it too.

It's infantile

Well this is a lively debate, some very intelligent responses and maybe a few that aren’t

We do all like s conspiracy theory lol!!

Science has developed and exacted many things over the last 200 years, perhaps the problem is we don’t like science we as a race prefer speculation and mystery, I’m all up for various conspiracies it makes life so much more interesting, so much so, think I’ll start some other threads on conspiracies!!!

Anyway 1 very intriguing fact! The earth as confirmed by NASA revolves at 470 meters per second at the equator.

Just take that in for a second (ooops you moved nearly 500 metres)

We are told gravity keeps everything stable at 470 metres per second

Fuck me that gravitational pull is strong stuff... so if I am travelling on an aeroplane from Cairo to Johannesburg

How the fuck do I compensate for that?

Lol science is baffling

One more thought

I put this in a previous thread about this subject, why is it that the UN basically use the same map as flat earthers use?

Coincidence!?

Who knows

Lol

"

If you think that's mind blowing, think about how time moves at different speeds depending on how far the clock is from the surface of the earth.

Gods Country

(We are told gravity keeps everything stable at 470 metres per second

How the fuck do I compensate for that?)

I don't really understand your question here, are you asking how does an aeroplane compensate for gravity?

"(We are told gravity keeps everything stable at 470 metres per second

I don't really understand your question here, are you asking how does an aeroplane compensate for gravity?"

Actually gravity is a relatively weak force and your plane flies by creating uplift from air moving faster over the top of the wings than the lower.

Jesus fucking Christ there are some retarded people going about! Flatards I believe they're known as

Anyone with half a clue knows the earth ain't flat....it is hollow though,n Hitler n Elvis live there with all the lizard people!

Why is it when you are on a plane,especially a long flight,they fly about 35,000ft and stay level for hours on end?

If the earth was flat you would be flying away from it from the moment of take off,unless the plane was constantly going down in altitude,which it is not.

Agree with you

I dont subscribe to this theory, but I find their argument intriguing

"Agree with you

I dont subscribe to this theory, but I find their argument intriguing"

Strangely I find the flat earthers rather dull and severely egotistical. But that's just me.

"Why is it when you are on a plane,especially a long flight,they fly about 35,000ft and stay level for hours on end?

If the earth was flat you would be flying away from it from the moment of take off,unless the plane was constantly going down in altitude,which it is not.

"

Lol surely this is satire?

The basic principles of flight explains this.

If the Earth was flat cats would have pushed everything off it by now. So its got to be a globe.

So if the Earth is flat and NASA are lying to us... please explain how all other planets and moons are globes.

Also, why would NASA be lying to us about this?

...and how come other space agencies haven’t told us?

"So if the Earth is flat and NASA are lying to us... please explain how all other planets and moons are globes.

Also, why would NASA be lying to us about this?

...and how come other space agencies haven’t told us?

"

Because NASA is really the inter flat planetary federation, and all other space agencies and governments do what NASA say....

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

How the fuck do I compensate for that?)"

You are mixing up two things here. The earth rotation is 470 metres per second, but it's not caused by gravity. Gravity is a force that causes all things with mass to gravitate towards each other. It is strong stuff - it's what makes the planets orbit the sun!

Regarding the earth's rotation, an airplane in the air is also rotating at the same speed. You would need to travel above the earths atmosphere to escape the rotation (approx 330,000 feet). It's a good job it does work like this because otherwise anything you threw in the air would just whizz off!! . I bet the birds are glad too!

You are mixing up two things here. The earth rotation is 470 metres per second, but it's not caused by gravity. Gravity is a force that causes all things with mass to gravitate towards each other. It is strong stuff - it's what makes the planets orbit the sun!

Regarding the earth's rotation, an airplane in the air is also rotating at the same speed. You would need to travel above the earths atmosphere to escape the rotation (approx 330,000 feet). It's a good job it does work like this because otherwise anything you threw in the air would just whizz off!! . I bet the birds are glad too!

"

Hmm so if I jump and escape gravity's horizontal hold but remain in the verticle hold, estimate 0.5 second in the air do I need to be half a mile east or west of the concrete wall.

By *ussiesCouple  over a year ago

gwent

NASA stands for Never A Straight Answer, haha

When the flat earth society was asked by Elon musk "why no flat Mars society". Their response was "Mars has been observed to be round. "

The truth is .... we don't exist! We are all "living" in massive silos in a dream state to provide energy for machines.

The Matrix series of films is not an entertainment film it's a documentary!!!

"You are mixing up two things here. The earth rotation is 470 metres per second, but it's not caused by gravity. Gravity is a force that causes all things with mass to gravitate towards each other. It is strong stuff - it's what makes the planets orbit the sun!

"

Gravity is not a force causing all things with mass to gravitate towards each other. For one gravity is a theory. Even the baller's hero Neil DeGrasse Tyson admits no one truly knows what gravity is.

By your reckoning the universe would not be expanding outwards but rather contracting back towards a central point as all bodies of mass gravitate towards each other.

One of the most widely acknowledged theories is that a large body of mass in effect bends space and therefore other bodies will move towards it. Think a bowling ball landing in a tightly pulled sheet and creating that depression in the middle. If you then put a pool ball into that sheet it will naturally fall towards the centre of the bowling ball's mass.

Regarding a plane in flight it would technically have to travel faster than the rotation of earth at sea level as you've in effect added an additional 36,000ft to the radius.

Gods Country

Regarding a plane in flight it would technically have to travel faster than the rotation of earth at sea level as you've in effect added an additional 36,000ft to the radius.

Concorde used to travel faster than the rotation of the earth. When taking off in the evening and flying toward New York they used to experience a sunrise in the west.

"Regarding a plane in flight it would technically have to travel faster than the rotation of earth at sea level as you've in effect added an additional 36,000ft to the radius.

Concorde used to travel faster than the rotation of the earth. When taking off in the evening and flying toward New York they used to experience a sunrise in the west. "

I mean simply to stay stationary during the rotation. A sphere or oblate spheroid rotates at different speeds dependent where you are on said ball/pear. At the equator it moves quicker than it does as you move towards the poles. A plane at 36,000ft adds 72,000ft to the diameter of the ball/pear so to remain geostationary would have to rotate faster in flight than it would while sat on a runway on land just to maintain inertia.

"Regarding a plane in flight it would technically have to travel faster than the rotation of earth at sea level as you've in effect added an additional 36,000ft to the radius.

Concorde used to travel faster than the rotation of the earth. When taking off in the evening and flying toward New York they used to experience a sunrise in the west.

I mean simply to stay stationary during the rotation. A sphere or oblate spheroid rotates at different speeds dependent where you are on said ball/pear. At the equator it moves quicker than it does as you move towards the poles. A plane at 36,000ft adds 72,000ft to the diameter of the ball/pear so to remain geostationary would have to rotate faster in flight than it would while sat on a runway on land just to maintain inertia. "

That's only true if you remove the horizontal hold on gravity, in which case the fastest route to anywhere is west to east. But also raises issues with that concrete wall for Anyone on a pogo stick...

We can't fully appreciate the measure of gravity, it effectively comes from mass, so everything that exists makes it, those gravitational pulls are week enough for us to stand up, yet strong enough to hold the moon.

We also don't really know if some gravities repulse (push) other gravities. Or if it is always a constant or like other energies has a pulse.

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

"You are mixing up two things here. The earth rotation is 470 metres per second, but it's not caused by gravity. Gravity is a force that causes all things with mass to gravitate towards each other. It is strong stuff - it's what makes the planets orbit the sun!

Gravity is not a force causing all things with mass to gravitate towards each other. For one gravity is a theory. Even the baller's hero Neil DeGrasse Tyson admits no one truly knows what gravity is.

By your reckoning the universe would not be expanding outwards but rather contracting back towards a central point as all bodies of mass gravitate towards each other.

One of the most widely acknowledged theories is that a large body of mass in effect bends space and therefore other bodies will move towards it. Think a bowling ball landing in a tightly pulled sheet and creating that depression in the middle. If you then put a pool ball into that sheet it will naturally fall towards the centre of the bowling ball's mass. "

Yes, like a lot of things in science, there are theories that attempt to explain what is happening in the universe - there to be proved or disproved as our knowledge grows. Gravity does exist, we just don't know for sure what causes it.

A this point in time, the universe expansion since the big bang is stronger than gravity, but who is to say that will always be the case? There is a theory called the big crunch that argues that eventually the affect of gravity will outweigh the slowing expansion of the universe and cause the contraction of everything back to a central point. The latest analysis though is that the expansion is getting faster rather than slower, so it doesn't seem to be something that will be proven in our lifetime.

Going back to the flat earthers - I heard they had lots of members around the globe!

One of the most widely acknowledged theories is that a large body of mass in effect bends space and therefore other bodies will move towards it. Think a bowling ball landing in a tightly pulled sheet and creating that depression in the middle. If you then put a pool ball into that sheet it will naturally fall towards the centre of the bowling ball's mass.

Yes, like a lot of things in science, there are theories that attempt to explain what is happening in the universe - there to be proved or disproved as our knowledge grows. Gravity does exist, we just don't know for sure what causes it.

A this point in time, the universe expansion since the big bang is stronger than gravity, but who is to say that will always be the case? There is a theory called the big crunch that argues that eventually the affect of gravity will outweigh the slowing expansion of the universe and cause the contraction of everything back to a central point. The latest analysis though is that the expansion is getting faster rather than slower, so it doesn't seem to be something that will be proven in our lifetime.

Going back to the flat earthers - I heard they had lots of members around the globe! "

It certainly seems to be gaining more and more momentum

Just old medieval Hellenistic gnosticism buddy, story goes earth's flat, sourrended by ice on the edges, the tree of Agatha at the center of earth to other realms etc, I belive this is said to be where the rainbow bridge from Norse mythology is located to other realms. Oh and where in a dome good luck

"It’s been around for a while and some people swear by it!

There’s a school of thought that says the theory emerged deliberately to make us challenge what we’re told and not believe everything we’re taught! So they come up with reasons why the Earth “could” be flat to make us think about and challenge conventional thinking!

But some people really do take it very seriously and think the Earth is flat.

I’ll leave it up to you to make up you’re own mind about whether it is or isn’t! "

Donald Trump once said, I own a private jet, if the earth was round I'd know about it, which I found hilarious is Donald a flat earther to

Nope a fat earther

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The Flat Earther movement was supposed to be a vehicle for encouraging critical thinking. You took a ridiculous notion (or so they thought) such as thr world being flat and then taught people how to construct arguments in support of it and question the solid evidence against it.

But then humanity happened to it.

Fml.

"You believe whatever you're programmed to believe.

Now, do you take the red pill or the blue pill? "

Stuck up in the minds prison, the struggle carrys on

There's an easy answer really, is the moon flat? No clearly not as we can see it with our naked eye. People love a conspiracy theory though, hence the flat earth believers XXX

Looks bloody flat from where I`m at - a disc for sure but it's flat?

Let’s seee why doesn’t the sea spin off if we’re a sphere

All the greatest things come in flat disc form

Vinyl records

The earth

Pancakes

So does that mean you get to Australia and fall off?! If it’s flat that means there must be an end somewhere right? So in which case how can you get flights from Australia to America? I’m genuinely confused why this is a big topic at the moment!

Geeky x

"Well ive just walked up a hill so it can't be flat"

According to garp

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Isn't it ironic that the Flat Earth Society has members all around the world?

» Add a new message to this topic