FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your views on Naturists?

Your views on Naturists?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My friends from Holland think nothing about taking there kit off and all the family do this even gran grandad for them its relaxing and liberating to be free of clothes its not sexual at all and thay go on holidays all over the place with all the family . We was asked to go but john s not to happy i think i would be fine . Could you cope with a Naturist holiday? Letting it all hang-out getting back to mother nature.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

*Looks up from PC out of the window*

Nope, I can't see any from here

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I (Emm) definitely couldn't. Zed has on several occasions and enjoys it. The most I can manage is a day at Kestrels naturist spa and even then I wear a sarong when walking around.

I guess, for me at least, the 'British reserve' is just too ingrained.

oh no.... nobody would want to watch me wonder round in the buff!

By *iercedTattooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

bangor

Would not be able to cope for long...as i'm damn sure there would be plenty of people running up to me and throwing a towel or something over me lol

I do not agree that relatives albeit grans or grandads aunties uncles,mother sons,father daughters should display their naked bodies to each other,somethings should be kept private...what two people decide to do between themselves is their buisiness,but to openly display to family members is wrong...and not just morally..

"oh no.... nobody would want to watch me wonder round in the buff! "
We all have imperfections my friends say thay Embrace all that .. its about feeling free ..

By *witch mix vanillaCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I Love it and been on several Naturist holidays, and on beaches around the UK. Studland beach is and excellent beach.

each to his/her own we say, nice to chill we think

"I do not agree that relatives albeit grans or grandads aunties uncles,mother sons,father daughters should display their naked bodies to each other,somethings should be kept private...what two people decide to do between themselves is their buisiness,but to openly display to family members is wrong...and not just morally.."

Its only a body!

Unless you sexualise it.

can only see this between adults of course, their choice

forgot to add that "skinny dipping" is soooooooooooo cool

Well each to their own...but personally not for me..

Its not sexual its a body take african tribes no clothes is that sexual or a way of life its other people that create the stigma.

Its only a body!

Unless you sexualise it.

I think your right .. maybe uk is not like some places where thay think nothing of it a way of life.

I dont really care what unrelated people do,but i feel with relatives its different,and am not talking sexual...it just dosent seem right..

I did this when much younger and would do again if not so worried about being pushed back in the sea or being charged with offensive use of white bits in a built up area.

To be honest last weeks trip to Kestrels was quite liberating, there were all shapes and sizes and after the 1st 5 mins I didn't give a damn

regularly went to eurekas good fun and there are people of every size naked enjoying the sun and swimming naked is a deff must nothing like it

"regularly went to eurekas good fun and there are people of every size naked enjoying the sun and swimming naked is a deff must nothing like it"

cool reply

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

cant see anything wrong with it at all. Its natural but i wouldnt get my body out for all the world to see simply because its not that attractive

There's nothing wrong with it at all and the biggest problem is prudish attitudes in the UK that think nudity=sex. We are too uptight as a nation about it.

It's a shame we aren't more like our continental cousins where nudity isn't such a big deal.

The whole point is we aren't perfect and seeing other people it just doesn't become an issue. It's a great thing for accepting who you are and the shape you are I feel.

Being a nudist is nothing to do with sexuality. And there is nothing wrong or immoral about nudist families, in fact its perfectly natural for some. I've seen. whole families from grandparents to babies on nudist beaches and I think its lovely, wholesome, free and natural to see. If a person doesnt want to be nudist, fine each to their own, and you may not want to do it with your family....again fine, but you cannot call people who are nudists immoral or wrong in what theyre doing.

I agree in other European countries most of the woman go topless all the time, as a nation we are deff toooo prudish whats the point of sitting on a beach getting a tan with lines lol

Fareham

I wouldn't call naturists immoral - each to their own. I would say I can't bring myself to do it. In my family, we were brought up to regard our naked bodies as something we should keep private or share selectively. I have never seen my mum or dad naked and neither of them has seen me naked from about the age of 5. I never thought of it as a problem or that I was missing out on some liberated experience.

I just accepted that was the way it was - and it was the norm not just for me but for ALL my friends. I don't think that makes us 'prudish' as a nation but just historically 'the way we are'. There are plenty of naturist venues around (not just swingers ones) so I can't see it's a problem to be honest.

I'd also bet that not every European family as as liberated when it comes to nudity as people like to think - not everyone likes exposing their imperfections and I reckon a fair few of our European neighbours are no exception. I have a mirror and know I what I see isn't aesthetically pleasing and don't wish to inflict that sight on everyone else.

I enjoy days at Kestrels but cover up in a sarong when walking around. Swimming naked is nice though and I can thoroughly recommend it. I'd never, EVER expose my body in a family environment though.

Also, being naked when you're a bigger woman isn't as 'free' as you'd think - there are areas a breeze can't get to IYKWIM!!

If I were younger, slimmer and more toned maybe I'd have a different perspective and bare all with gay abandon - but I'm not, so I don't. And I can't see that changing any time soon

grans saggy tits on show,no thanks.lol

Personally I wouldn't give a toss about attending a naturists holiday, I'm quite happy being naked in front of others. Even if I became quite obviously aroused then I really couldn't care who saw....the only exception perhaps would be being naked around blood relatives, but anyone else? Hell, no. Now where's my invite?

being naked round relatives,is very creepy.no way would i do it.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

The only thing that puts me off would be the miniscule amount of time my skin would take to go from deathly white to bright red and peeling1

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

Its not for me but each to their own. I used to think it harmless and nonsexual but since becoming a swinger have noticed there is a lot of cross over... resorts and beaches. Confusing!

By *edscpl33Couple  over a year ago

luton

we have been on 2 haturist holidays and they were the best holidays we have ever had

"I wouldn't call naturists immoral - each to their own. I would say I can't bring myself to do it. In my family, we were brought up to regard our naked bodies as something we should keep private or share selectively. I have never seen my mum or dad naked and neither of them has seen me naked from about the age of 5. I never thought of it as a problem or that I was missing out on some liberated experience.

I just accepted that was the way it was - and it was the norm not just for me but for ALL my friends. I don't think that makes us 'prudish' as a nation but just historically 'the way we are'. There are plenty of naturist venues around (not just swingers ones) so I can't see it's a problem to be honest.

I'd also bet that not every European family as as liberated when it comes to nudity as people like to think - not everyone likes exposing their imperfections and I reckon a fair few of our European neighbours are no exception. I have a mirror and know I what I see isn't aesthetically pleasing and don't wish to inflict that sight on everyone else.

I enjoy days at Kestrels but cover up in a sarong when walking around. Swimming naked is nice though and I can thoroughly recommend it. I'd never, EVER expose my body in a family environment though.

Also, being naked when you're a bigger woman isn't as 'free' as you'd think - there are areas a breeze can't get to IYKWIM!!

If I were younger, slimmer and more toned maybe I'd have a different perspective and bare all with gay abandon - but I'm not, so I don't. And I can't see that changing any time soon "

I can see where you are coming from but I feel you may be missing the point.

The first thing is that many nations around Europe are very much more accepting of nudity and naturism. Germany, Netherlands, France, Croatia, parts of Spain.

The second one is not liking what you see in the mirror. The whole point with naturism is that you are what you are. And we all have imperfections.

Naturism is a great leveller and we all have our flaws. It's accepting them.

I wish as a nation we were a bit more relaxed about the body and could get over ourselves a bit.

Only my OP though.

Unbelievably prudish responses on a web site catering for people with a liberal outlook on sexual behaviour.

As was said earlier, the whole problem is stupid British stuffiness and humour that still plumbs the depths of Benny Hill, Dick Emery and Carry on Camping.

Nudity is in no way sexual - unless you make it that way. To compare nudity to sexuality simply exposes you you as being either a little bit silly, or very prudish and British.

"My friends from Holland think nothing about taking there kit off and all the family do this even gran grandad for them its relaxing and liberating to be free of clothes its not sexual at all and thay go on holidays all over the place with all the family . We was asked to go but john s not to happy i think i would be fine . Could you cope with a Naturist holiday? Letting it all hang-out getting back to mother nature. "

wouldnt be for me, i would feel very self conscious walking round naked infront of family and strangers

And i deffo wouldnt do a family nude holiday, theres just some bit of my dad and granny i dont want to see

I couldn't do it I will surely get an erection and would be identified as 'the new guy'. no way

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"Unbelievably prudish responses on a web site catering for people with a liberal outlook on sexual behaviour.

As was said earlier, the whole problem is stupid British stuffiness and humour that still plumbs the depths of Benny Hill, Dick Emery and Carry on Camping.

Nudity is in no way sexual - unless you make it that way. To compare nudity to sexuality simply exposes you you as being either a little bit silly, or very prudish and British."

Spot on reply!

Actually, Cap D is a paradox. There you have all the makings of a naturist town on one hand and the sexiest place I know on the other! Both live side by side and seem to be accepted. It is both sexy and non-sexy at the same time

Mrs R and I love to go to naturist beaches and in the UK, the only thing we have found that makes the difference between natural and sexy are the single guys gawping and wanking near naked people!

"Its not for me but each to their own. I used to think it harmless and nonsexual but since becoming a swinger have noticed there is a lot of cross over... resorts and beaches. Confusing! "

Yes I agree, there does seem to be a crossover at times between naturism and swinging. Naturism to me means complete freedom and nothing to do with sex.

Naturism is not being naked yet giving blowjobs on the beach.

I wouldn't do it as I am not comfortable walking around entirely naked. I would feel self conscious and I guess vulnerable without clothes.

but I see nothing wrong with others who do enjoy this lifestyle

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

I love nothing more than getting home from work and shedding my clothes. Unfortunatley since our eldest moved back home, I cant do it as often now.

"

Mrs R and I love to go to naturist beaches and in the UK, the only thing we have found that makes the difference between natural and sexy are the single guys gawping and wanking near naked people!"

See to me this is wrong. If its a naturist beach, and that means accessible to families and all ages from children up to older people, who are naked, there should not be any sexual activities going on between anyone. There should be no wankers on those beaches. Sexual activity is not naturism

"

Mrs R and I love to go to naturist beaches and in the UK, the only thing we have found that makes the difference between natural and sexy are the single guys gawping and wanking near naked people!

See to me this is wrong. If its a naturist beach, and that means accessible to families and all ages from children up to older people, who are naked, there should not be any sexual activities going on between anyone. There should be no wankers on those beaches. Sexual activity is not naturism"

I would be in total agreement with that. Any activity when there could be children present is totally unacceptable. There is a big difference between nudism and sex in public.

Fareham

"Unbelievably prudish responses on a web site catering for people with a liberal outlook on sexual behaviour.

Nudity is in no way sexual - unless you make it that way. To compare nudity to sexuality simply exposes you you as being either a little bit silly, or very prudish and British."

I can't see what's wrong with being a bit 'British' ... what's so silly about it? Why is it so desirable to be just like the French / Germans / Dutch? We are who we are - they have their idiosyncratic ways and so do we. I for one am happy not to be one big homogenised mass.

Incidentally - I'm not against naturism. In fact, if didn't have so many body image issues I'm sure I'd be a raging naturist but I still wouldn't necessarily like to see it wholesale on every beach in the UK.

Rushden

[Removed by poster at 02/10/11 23:40:58]

Rushden

"

See to me this is wrong. If its a naturist beach, and that means accessible to families and all ages from children up to older people, who are naked, there should not be any sexual activities going on between anyone. There should be no wankers on those beaches. Sexual activity is not naturism"

Our view entirely! No way should anything sexual be happening on a naturist beach, even if there are no underage people about, but we have had it happen twice on UKbeaches! We have never been to Studland beach and someone did tell us that it doesn't happen there, so that will be our next port of call!

It does happen in Cap D I must say, but only about 1k up the beach and it is well known. Families tend to stay nearer the complex, but then that restricts them in what they can do. There are police patrols who are supposed to be on the look out, but only heard of three couples being fined!

"

I agree with you.

And it explains why in naturist circles swinging and dogging in particular are very much frowned upon.

Naturism is very much focussed on non-sexual social nudity.

Its such a shame that people have to commit sexual acts on naturist beaches and therefore linking naturism with swinging. I should imagine that some naturists would be horrified to think that people will automatically associate them with having a relaxed attitude to sex as well as nakedness.

I have heard of Cap D'Age but only the name. Is it solely a naturist resort or, as you say, are there closed in, out of view, sections for swingers. If not its outrageous that families can't use the beach because of people having sex.

Rushden

"Its such a shame that people have to commit sexual acts on naturist beaches and therefore linking naturism with swinging. I should imagine that some naturists would be horrified to think that people will automatically associate them with having a relaxed attitude to sex as well as nakedness.

I have heard of Cap D'Age but only the name. Is it solely a naturist resort or, as you say, are there closed in, out of view, sections for swingers. If not its outrageous that families can't use the beach because of people having sex. "

It is actually the largest naturist "camp" of its kind in the world. It is naturist and is run as such. BUT... Swingers seem to be taking over more and more. Sex is never on the beach (part) that is used by families, but is just a short walk away.

The evenings is when swingers are most evident and normally later in the evening. There are swingers clubs on site so it is being encouraged by the management.

Mostly the swingers and naturists co-exist but I fear that with more and more people arriving at swinging's doorstep, they will soon take over Cap D! That will be a shame because most are sympathetic to the origional idea and act accordingly.

New people however are being fed miss-information and we had one couple tell us that sex was in full view all over the place! That is just NOT true! We usually go for a break!

For the most part it is still OK, but watch this space!

(Just my view and no doubt others will have theirs!)

"

See to me this is wrong. If its a naturist beach, and that means accessible to families and all ages from children up to older people, who are naked, there should not be any sexual activities going on between anyone. There should be no wankers on those beaches. Sexual activity is not naturism

I agree with you.

And it explains why in naturist circles swinging and dogging in particular are very much frowned upon.

Naturism is very much focussed on non-sexual social nudity."

Exactly. No problems with it myself and would do it more if the weather was a bit more clement.

"

It is actually the largest naturist "camp" of its kind in the world. It is naturist and is run as such. BUT... Swingers seem to be taking over more and more. Sex is never on the beach (part) that is used by families, but is just a short walk away.

The evenings is when swingers are most evident and normally later in the evening. There are swingers clubs on site so it is being encouraged by the management.

Mostly the swingers and naturists co-exist but I fear that with more and more people arriving at swinging's doorstep, they will soon take over Cap D! That will be a shame because most are sympathetic to the origional idea and act accordingly.

New people however are being fed miss-information and we had one couple tell us that sex was in full view all over the place! That is just NOT true! We usually go for a break!

For the most part it is still OK, but watch this space!

(Just my view and no doubt others will have theirs!)"

I think its completely wrong for swingers to bring their activities under the umbrella of naturism when the two things are entirely separate.

Some people seem to have the mentality of 'ooo were naked on a beach, everyone else is naked, well you might as well suck me off while we're here then

if a beach/resort is advertised as naturist then that is what should be going on. People getting 'back to nature', shedding the restrictive armour of clothing to feel free, not sucking each other off and licking pussy. Its an offence to commit a lewd act in public, so why think that just because they are on a beach where everyone is naked that it becomes acceptable.

I know there are swinging resorts, saw a programme about one in the caribbean. I would imagine these all inclusive resorts are secluded, gated, away from prying eyes and private, and I think that's acceptable to be kept as such.

I do not agree that any sexual behaviour, penetrative or oral should be going on if a resort is classified as naturist. If it continues, like Rumour says, then the real naturists will stop going and that would be an absolute shame. Seems to me that swingers are bringing naturism to disrepute.

I am a swinger and an exhibitionist, but I only have sex in view of others when I'm in a venue designed for that purpose and I'm completely sure that the people I'm doing this in front of are all there for the same reason and are all over 18. But I wouldn't go on the outside terrace at Chams if this was visible to Darleston high street.

I think thats the thing some see it as sexual and its not ... its being liberated and comforteble in your own skin and embraeing the imperfections and flabby bits as no one is perfect.

I would love it as am more at ease with being naked than being dressed in stockings and things.

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

I haven't got a prob getting naked for sunbathing, swimming etc but have no wish to carryout everday activities naked. Can't see the point personally. I also love clothes and shoes and my handbag would look sill if I were naked. Lol

I love naturism and most of the holidays I've taken in the past centre around it

I'm naked as often as I can be around the house

And would be naked 24/7 If I could be xx

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

though binoculars, mostly.

we regularly go on naturist holidays ... in fact, we actively seek out uk caravan sites that are naturist but definitely ones that dont accept children... would find that very uncomfortable.

surprising how many meets you can get on uk caravan naturist holidays too

Well i still cant get john into going on holiday with my lovely friends from Holland .. To them its all so normal .

"Well i still cant get john into going on holiday with my lovely friends from Holland .. To them its all so normal ."

then just the 2 of you go .... holkham beach near you is nice in summer

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"My friends from Holland think nothing about taking there kit off and all the family do this even gran grandad for them its relaxing and liberating to be free of clothes its not sexual at all and thay go on holidays all over the place with all the family . We was asked to go but john s not to happy i think i would be fine . Could you cope with a Naturist holiday? Letting it all hang-out getting back to mother nature. "

Yes,i have a definate naturist streak, i have taught my boys there is nothing wrong with the human body,and think i would really enjoy a naturist holiday.

Maybe john thinks he will compare his body unfavourably with others...kind of like chams,some people are put off by the idea of everyone being naked,but its actually quite liberating...

would be ok if i knew them and wasn't related .

[Removed by poster at 11/11/11 12:11:54]

"My friends from Holland think nothing about taking there kit off and all the family do this even gran grandad for them its relaxing and liberating to be free of clothes its not sexual at all and thay go on holidays all over the place with all the family . We was asked to go but john s not to happy i think i would be fine . Could you cope with a Naturist holiday? Letting it all hang-out getting back to mother nature.

Yes,i have a definate naturist streak, i have taught my boys there is nothing wrong with the human body,and think i would really enjoy a naturist holiday.

Maybe john thinks he will compare his body unfavourably with others...kind of like chams,some people are put off by the idea of everyone being naked,but its actually quite liberating..."

thats the beauty of naturism .... no one judges you or your shape/size ... no one stares or compares, its very liberating.

our only preference as we have said, is we dont like children being around (especially naked children) we think that should remain amongst families... only our preference, we just feel pervy with it.... not that we would look ... hope that bit makes sense lol

"oh no.... nobody would want to watch me wonder round in the buff! We all have imperfections my friends say thay Embrace all that .. its about feeling free .. "

yes I totally agree (not looking for a rhyme just happened)it is about feeling free. We are all natural and should not be dictated by media and commercial pressures. We are who we are, we look as we look. Wonderful. Maybe it the British attitude that's stopping some people.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Generally speaking I don’t think the UK is socially conditioned for naturism, we have far too many Victorian hang-ups lingering around.

Still too many people associate bare flesh with sex and being naked around others as something sexual…. whether they think it consciously or not. Why else would we still see comments such as people wouldn’t want to see me naked… it implies a connection between your state of undress and other people’s pleasure, approval, admiration or even attraction. We still here comments such as “dressed like that she’s asking for it” when a young girl goes out in minimal clothing… again the association of nakedness with sexual activity.

If a culturally different family can innocently be naked in front of each other and you think it is wrong… it is your hang-up not them doing anything incorrect. It is your mind which makes the sexual or incestuous connection…. and what would Freud make of that?

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Wirral

always go on naturist holidays the dutch are so laid back over nudity if you go to dutch spa you will see what i mean Paul.

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Wirral

"oh no.... nobody would want to watch me wonder round in the buff! "

i am sure lots would try it

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Generally speaking I don’t think the UK is socially conditioned for naturism, we have far too many Victorian hang-ups lingering around.

Still too many people associate bare flesh with sex and being naked around others as something sexual…. whether they think it consciously or not. Why else would we still see comments such as people wouldn’t want to see me naked… it implies a connection between your state of undress and other people’s pleasure, approval, admiration or even attraction. We still here comments such as “dressed like that she’s asking for it” when a young girl goes out in minimal clothing… again the association of nakedness with sexual activity.

If a culturally different family can innocently be naked in front of each other and you think it is wrong… it is your hang-up not them doing anything incorrect. It is your mind which makes the sexual or incestuous connection…. and what would Freud make of that?

"

well said

» Add a new message to this topic