FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > HIV

HIV

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, need some advice please. I always where condoms during sex. But had sex with someone who is very sexual active. I was wearing a durex condom and it broke. I notice it straight away and stop having sex I wiped myself and cleaned the tip of my penis with a wet wipe. There was no blood or anything and the lady assured me that all the blokes wear condoms. And she gets tested regularly and all clean. I have had a blood test last month and all fine I only slept with her since that test.

Should I be worried and get tested or not worry about it??

Need help please

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Just get a test then you'll know either way.

BTW a wet wipe will do sweet FA.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Get tested because by the sound of it you're going to worry anyway.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

I think it takes 3 months for HIV to show up on a test but your local clinic can advise you

By *iSexGeordieMan  over a year ago

North Shields

"Hi, need some advice please. I always where condoms during sex. But had sex with someone who is very sexual active. I was wearing a durex condom and it broke. I notice it straight away and stop having sex I wiped myself and cleaned the tip of my penis with a wet wipe. There was no blood or anything and the lady assured me that all the blokes wear condoms. And she gets tested regularly and all clean. I have had a blood test last month and all fine I only slept with her since that test.

Should I be worried and get tested or not worry about it??

Need help please

Thanks "

People who are sexually active - especially those who are part of communities like this here on fab - should always routinely get tested for the full range of STIs and STDs.

Advice you would get from a sexual health clinic would be that your risk of HIV is low. However, it entirely depends on who the person you slept with is, where they are from, whether they’ve recently travelled to any higher risk countries or had sex with anyone from higher risk countries.

Some general straight forward advice; if your anxious or unsure that the person you had sex with is being honest about their own sexual health status then you should book yourself into your local sexual health clinic ASAP. It’s always worthwhile having a check up.

I’ll also add that everyone in general - all those who read this comment - should try to have routine STI screenings... especially if, like me, you’re bisexual and have fun with multiple partners within any given month.

Highly recommend all people who use sites like this to get clued up on sexual health, never feel embarrassed about asking or talking about sexual health and try to get tested regularly (once a month or once every two months).

North Shields

"I think it takes 3 months for HIV to show up on a test but your local clinic can advise you"

No. HIV testing has improved - is within one month. But we live in a low risk country. Usually doctors won’t give PEP (Post exposure profalactics) unless it’s deemed a higher risk. Usually sex between straight partners (man and woman) where the condom breaks isn’t deemed to be high risk.

What happens is they take bloods, will screen for HIV, HEP B & C, then they will do a follow up screening a month later to see if there’s any major change to your blood anti body count.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Look after yourself OP. You can’t rely on other people making claims about themselves, let alone other people.

Get tested until you’re satisfied you have a result

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

"I think it takes 3 months for HIV to show up on a test but your local clinic can advise you

No. HIV testing has improved - is within one month. But we live in a low risk country. Usually doctors won’t give PEP (Post exposure profalactics) unless it’s deemed a higher risk. Usually sex between straight partners (man and woman) where the condom breaks isn’t deemed to be high risk.

What happens is they take bloods, will screen for HIV, HEP B & C, then they will do a follow up screening a month later to see if there’s any major change to your blood anti body count. "

I think there are regional variances on that. Three months when I last went.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

HIV is still in uk just hushed up nobody seems concerned about it no more .I nursed a AIDs patient and it wasnt a pretty death ...get tested and next time ask the person for proof of there last test if a condom splits ....

North Shields

"I think there are regional variances on that. Three months when I last went. "

This just demonstrates that HIV testing and sexual health screening in general needs to be improved and standardised throughout the U.K. via our NHS.

A 3 month period to tell if you’ve got HIV is way too long a time especially when the window period is 7 days... you can sometimes get rid of HIV with PEP if it’s within a minimal time period. But again with medicine and this type of disease nothing is certain.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"HIV is still in uk just hushed up nobody seems concerned about it no more .I nursed a AIDs patient and it wasnt a pretty death ...get tested and next time ask the person for proof of there last test if a condom splits ...."

When I was actively meeting and having multiple partners I was tested regularly but never did I get given anything to use as proof.

And all that will prove is they were clean that day. It really is best to look after your own sexual health and not use the word of others etc.

OP go get yourself checked. It's likely you are worrying over nothing but it's a good sign you are concerned.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

3 months for hiv and sphylis is standard due to the incubation period of the infection. It can take 3 months to develop fully. Op get a test now to rule out infections such as gonorrhoea then another in 3 months to make sure your clear of everything else

90% of HIV infections can be diagnosed in 6 weeks.... 3 month testing is still the recommended testing period for a conclusive negative result.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Condoms don't provide 100% protection for everything that's sexually transmitted. Clinics will test you for the most relevant infections - not all - and based on the type of sex you tell them you have had.

I test frequently, even if very low levels of sexual activities.

Clinic staff will advise you on when to get follow up tests that will give you a more complete assessment of your status op. That first month is a critical period. Pregnancy is also a possibility with some people too.

"3 months for hiv and sphylis is standard due to the incubation period of the infection. It can take 3 months to develop fully. Op get a test now to rule out infections such as gonorrhoea then another in 3 months to make sure your clear of everything else "

It depends on what generation test is being used on 4th generation hiv tests the the earliest detection is 4 weeks

nothing worse than something which disturbs the balance of your mind.

get help. dont let it drag on do something about it.

Using a wet wipe will do fuck all mate!!

Now a flash wipe on the other hand...

» Add a new message to this topic