FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Crypto

Crypto

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *one_wolf. OP   Man  over a year ago

Chatham

Good morning fab forum users, I just have a quick questipn, hopefully it's easy enough to answer...

So I am starting to trade crypto in February and wanted to get a step up on the learning, where do I go to see the basics and what should I look at regarding new coins etc... or can you tell me about your own experiences

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Sorry, no advice as I keep looking at this and it makes no sense. It's a currency that only exists online, has thousands of dollars of "value" and yet the "real value" is zero until everyone starts accepting it as "real money". I've looked at a lot of stuff online and it keeps going back to money laundering plus I've just read that one of the founders has recently sold all of his Bitcoin. If someone could educate me that would be great....maybe it's an age thing....and good luck with it op.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

theres a lot of good info on youtube

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sorry, no advice as I keep looking at this and it makes no sense. It's a currency that only exists online, has thousands of dollars of "value" and yet the "real value" is zero until everyone starts accepting it as "real money". I've looked at a lot of stuff online and it keeps going back to money laundering plus I've just read that one of the founders has recently sold all of his Bitcoin. If someone could educate me that would be great....maybe it's an age thing....and good luck with it op."

You do know that 97% of all currencies only exist online in the form of 0s and 1s don't yer

From what I’ve read, crypto currency has had its day. Now a lot of revenue and custom agencies are jumping on people making profit from it. Apparently South Korea has banned it all together and I think a few countries will follow.

I’m no expert but personally, if I wanted to trade it, I should have done it a couple of years ago

If you missed out in December it's extremely unlikely you're gonna be a bitcoin millionaire like me

"From what I’ve read, crypto currency has had its day. Now a lot of revenue and custom agencies are jumping on people making profit from it. Apparently South Korea has banned it all together and I think a few countries will follow.

I’m no expert but personally, if I wanted to trade it, I should have done it a couple of years ago"

High street banks offer their own crypto currency!.

I'm no expert but I reckon in 10 -15 years crypto will be the main currency of the world

The us dollar is basically the world currency at this point in history and if you look deep down at it.... It's fucked, when it collapses the world will enter a spin never seen before!.

Anybody storing their bulk wealth in state currencies will be fucked... And not in a good way

By *inky LizardCouple  over a year ago

west yorks

There is a finite supply of bitcoins.

Only 21 million can ever be mined.

Interesting...

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

What is cryptos value against physical assets like gold though, and who sets what it's worth? If it only exists online what stops people from just creating unlimited amounts of it? Forgive my stupidity on it, I really don't know much about it.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I looked up which UK banks offer crypto accounts (so you can get your money out when traded). Santander came up but when it came to opening an account up, I was told only their EU arm offers it. There are some EU bank accounts you can open with UK residencies but I couldn't get any detail. If there are any UK crypto traders they must all have online wallets as the UK is either behind or restrictive.

Flagrante

"What is cryptos value against physical assets like gold though, and who sets what it's worth? If it only exists online what stops people from just creating unlimited amounts of it? Forgive my stupidity on it, I really don't know much about it."

Yep I'm with you on this. There are currently just under 1400 crypto currencies and anyone can start one. The value appears to be whatever anyone will pay for it....anyone remember to dot com boom/bust.

Chainlink is the next big one. You're gonna get loans out for this one, sell your houses and cars to invest! You don't want to look back at this thread in the future being a sad nocoiner who didn't listen!

" There are currently just under 1400 crypto currencies and anyone can start one...."

Make that 1400 now, I've just started a new one. It's called the Spunkrugerandollarcoin.

Flagrante

" There are currently just under 1400 crypto currencies and anyone can start one....

Make that 1400 now, I've just started a new one. It's called the Spunkrugerandollarcoin. "

By *eallyTDHMan  over a year ago

Kent

"Good morning fab forum users, I just have a quick questipn, hopefully it's easy enough to answer...

So I am starting to trade crypto in February and wanted to get a step up on the learning, where do I go to see the basics and what should I look at regarding new coins etc... or can you tell me about your own experiences

Cheers "

Lookup blockchain bandits on YouTube they have a podcast on cryptos and quite a few things for beginners

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"There is a finite supply of bitcoins.

Only 21 million can ever be mined.

Interesting..."

Until they change the algorithm

By *hinypants77Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Blockchain technology is here to stay. It’s just going to get bigger and bigger.

Money is essentially just numbers in a computer somewhere. Doesn’t have any intrinsic value at all unless people are willing to attribute value to it. Bitcoin could replace gold in financial terms. Who has gold shares? Where’s the gold?

Blockchain technology is going to disrupt and change a lot of industries massively whether people are ready for it or not.

Flagrante

"Blockchain technology is here to stay. It’s just going to get bigger and bigger.

Money is essentially just numbers in a computer somewhere. Doesn’t have any intrinsic value at all unless people are willing to attribute value to it. Bitcoin could replace gold in financial terms. Who has gold shares? Where’s the gold?

Blockchain technology is going to disrupt and change a lot of industries massively whether people are ready for it or not. "

...only if it is accepted by the mainstream, otherwise it will just be traded between people with the currency.

"What is cryptos value against physical assets like gold though, and who sets what it's worth? If it only exists online what stops people from just creating unlimited amounts of it? Forgive my stupidity on it, I really don't know much about it.

Yep I'm with you on this. There are currently just under 1400 crypto currencies and anyone can start one. The value appears to be whatever anyone will pay for it....anyone remember to dot com boom/bust."

Aghhh the good old dot com bubble when you could buy Amazon shares for 45 pence.... Yeah some folks really got stung on that little puppy

By *akeyousmile30Man  over a year ago

greenwich

"Good morning fab forum users, I just have a quick questipn, hopefully it's easy enough to answer...

Cheers "

80% of people lose 80% of their money in the first 2 months of share and or currency trading!!

The best traders in the world get it right less than 50% of the time.

It’s all about the research and due diligence behind why investment is made.

Even Warren Buffet has stated bitcoin will go pop !!!

Cheers

80% of people lose 80% of their money in the first 2 months of share and or currency trading!!

The best traders in the world get it right less than 50% of the time.

It’s all about the research and due diligence behind why investment is made.

Even Warren Buffet has stated bitcoin will go pop !!!"

I'll give you an even better statistic...90% of ALL trades are made by computers

Chatham

I'm just going to say one thing and I was all like majority on this thread a month ago and hating crypto as I dabble in forex trading,

However 3 of my mates started with roughly £2000 sept/Oct and now will be worth 30x that when WAN gets released, I know a guy that's more than 100x his ignition 2 grand investment in October but I don't want to keep nagging them and want to learn on my own, I'll look that that YouTube suggestion

Yes crypto is just made up however it can't just be put in infinitely supply there is a market cap and is easy enough to change back into FIAT currency,

Yes buffet has recently said that it will pop but the same was said by JP Morgan and he has recently retracted that and has started making his own blockchain

I'm gutted I didn't start sooner

I am going to look at YouTube but does anyone that does it know where else to look at, Twitter reddit etc as there is so many ponzi scams out there including usitech and bitconnect

Chatham

Cheers

Lookup blockchain bandits on YouTube they have a podcast on cryptos and quite a few things for beginners"

"I'm just going to say one thing and I was all like majority on this thread a month ago and hating crypto as I dabble in forex trading,

However 3 of my mates started with roughly £2000 sept/Oct and now will be worth 30x that when WAN gets released, I know a guy that's more than 100x his ignition 2 grand investment in October

"

The problem is, it’s easy to get taken in by the winners, there’s much more losers when it comes to investing.

I’ve dabbled myself and got out when the profit was good.

I hear a lot of people waiting for the next golden moment though.

Invest what you can afford to lose without any negative consequences.

Chatham

"I'm just going to say one thing and I was all like majority on this thread a month ago and hating crypto as I dabble in forex trading,

However 3 of my mates started with roughly £2000 sept/Oct and now will be worth 30x that when WAN gets released, I know a guy that's more than 100x his ignition 2 grand investment in October

The problem is, it’s easy to get taken in by the winners, there’s much more losers when it comes to investing.

I’ve dabbled myself and got out when the profit was good.

I hear a lot of people waiting for the next golden moment though.

Invest what you can afford to lose without any negative consequences. "

That's it I have but looking into it if you research the right ICO and it goes into 30x or even 10x then it's lucrative but it's just taking that first step

I have 5 newly minted Fabgroats that I am willing to sell at a special offer price of £999 each!

Flagrante

"I have 5 newly minted Fabgroats that I am willing to sell at a special offer price of £999 each! "

I'm in ...now just need to sell them on.

"I have 5 newly minted Fabgroats that I am willing to sell at a special offer price of £999 each! "

Can you do a trade with my Spunkrugerandollarcoin?

By *gentlegiant66Man  over a year ago

Kettering

There is a coin specifically targeted for use in the adult entertainment industry.

SpankChain.....

no kidding it does exist.

Most currencies have plummeted today, now is the time to buy.

Some news rippled through the markets but looks like confidence is coming back slowly...

greenwich

90% of people lose 90% of their money within 90 days when trading currency and stocks

I think that you may be a few years too late. The bubble burst when it was realised that it was too volatile, had no asset base and could be lost far too easily. Unfortunately there is no easy route to riches

greenwich

This is why you see so many adverts trying to get more people to enter trading.

Trading is like any other activity in life you need to study it and understand what you are doing.

The first step is to do trades without money, so on Monday morning look at some share and write down bought 100 shares at £2 then at end of day or week say sold 100 shares at £2.10 then knock off brokerage fees and see if you make a profit.

Watch the news to see what’s happening like Thomas cook last week going into administration. Their shares went down.

It’s all about the information behind your decision to short trade or long trade to make money or lose your money.

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

London

"I think that you may be a few years too late. The bubble burst when it was realised that it was too volatile, had no asset base and could be lost far too easily. Unfortunately there is no easy route to riches"

Its not late at all for crypto but it is for bitcoin, big profits to be made from altcoins for example trx (tron)

Binance and blockfolio are must haves for crypto trading imo

Firstly, for ALTS to rally money has to enter the crypto market space, which would then be used to buy BTC first, causing it to pump.

Secondly, BTC is currently sitting at a 68-70% global dominance, so if and when any new money does enter the space, thus pumping BTC, only a nutcase would subsequently buy ALTS against such a backdrop.

BTC is the only game in town, its going to $1,000,000, thats in excess of a x100 from where it is now.

Even if it only hits $100,000 thats still in excess of x10, insane returns, and not too late at all.

Folks have been saying "its too late" since BTC was $10, its always hot air.

The only way to play is to HODL not trade on exchanges.

ALTS are dead. They were only ever used to dupe idiots into selling BTC for whichever ALT.

Flagrante

I obviously just don't get this at all....for something to have monetary value someone has to buy it. My house has a value but I only realise the cash if someone buys it...if they don't I still have somewhere to live. It I have a virtual currency and no one buys it I just have a virtual currency which cost me money to buy.

By *hilledout-coupleCouple  over a year ago

telford

No one has said that you have to buy any crypto currency. I never have yet I have BTC. LTC. VERGE. YENTEN and others I have these by mining the coins using my pc if my pc is on anyway why not make let it earn you money BUT you must make you you offset the cost of the electricity you use so as long as what I’m earning is more than the cost it takes to run the pc it’s fine although my pc also heats the house so I don’t have the heating on so saving money on that also and I have also sold and withdrawn to GBP . The key is to research

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Started to dabble along with forex. Keeping it as a hobby so far but have ticked over at a profit.

Spent ages researching a Chan dedicated to it rather than some Insta cowboy who was in it for follows and subs.

» Add a new message to this topic