FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ancient aliens

Ancient aliens

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Watching on tv, really anyone believe this stuff?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

more plausible than religion

"more plausible than religion "

Lol yep prob right

Disagree

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I only believe it if its on BBC2. Anything else is unreliable

Truth? No I don't believe it, I think lots of people don't realise how sophisticated early man was and thinking they couldn't possibly have achieved some of the things they did find ways to attribute it to other wordly beings.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

^ Spot on . Need i say more .

Something happened around 12,000 years ago that left an imprint on the human psyche,a catastrophic event that wiped much from the earth.

I don't think ancient history is a very settled subject but I think there's sufficient evidence in evolution to suggest humans have been here quite awhile longer

"Something happened around 12,000 years ago that left an imprint on the human psyche,a catastrophic event that wiped much from the earth.

I don't think ancient history is a very settled subject but I think there's sufficient evidence in evolution to suggest humans have been here quite awhile longer"

Like this please expand

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Something happened around 12,000 years ago that left an imprint on the human psyche,a catastrophic event that wiped much from the earth.

I don't think ancient history is a very settled subject but I think there's sufficient evidence in evolution to suggest humans have been here quite awhile longer"

Modern humans have been around for about 200,000 years and their ancestors for way longer

Den of Iniquity

It is certainly possible that a species far more advanced than us bought us here many thousands of years ago and have kept a close eye on us ever since . I'm not saying that happened but it's possible .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It is certainly possible that a species far more advanced than us bought us here many thousands of years ago and have kept a close eye on us ever since . I'm not saying that happened but it's possible ."

Many things are possible. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that alien intervention is probable.

At least there is evidence though. With religion it's all a matter of opinion and some watered down and edited text from a few thousand years ago.

I don't think ancient history is a very settled subject but I think there's sufficient evidence in evolution to suggest humans have been here quite awhile longer

Like this please expand"

Well if your in the northern half of Britain then 12,000 years ago you'd have been under a 2 mile thick glacier along with most of the northern hemisphere, this meant we were connected to Europe (brexit that ) via no North sea or English channel, the world would have looked might different,I suspect just like today most civilisations lived next to the coast or major River?.

Theres some evidence to suggest that those glaciers melted rather rapidly (probably from a meteor or comet impact) the resulting floods quite possibly washed away many many more civilisations than we suspect.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"At least there is evidence though. With religion it's all a matter of opinion and some watered down and edited text from a few thousand years ago.

"

What evidence? I'm not being argumentative I genuinely don't know what the evidence is.

Den of Iniquity

"It is certainly possible that a species far more advanced than us bought us here many thousands of years ago and have kept a close eye on us ever since . I'm not saying that happened but it's possible .

Many things are possible. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that alien intervention is probable."

There is some evidence of ancient cave drawings depicting strange crafts and even stranger looking creatures . But what they mean is anybody's guess. You may well be right . Unfortunately we will never know ( not in this generation anyway )

"At least there is evidence though. With religion it's all a matter of opinion and some watered down and edited text from a few thousand years ago.

"

If you haven’t seen a spaceship or alien with your own eyes then there’s no hard eveidence. What evidence are you on about?

Also there is historical evidence of biblical characters actually existing

What evidence? I'm not being argumentative I genuinely don't know what the evidence is."

It's all in the TV show. There's a lot of evidence that's been interpreted as evidence of aliens and a lot of it makes sense.

I'm not saying I believe it all but some of it is very plausible

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

"more plausible than religion ^ Spot on . Need i say more ."

If you haven’t seen a spaceship or alien with your own eyes then there’s no hard eveidence. What evidence are you on about?

Also there is historical evidence of biblical characters actually existing"

Yes there's evidence of these people but a lot of it has been altered and watered down by the rulers of the time and whoever has translated the texts etc. Like a really long game of Chinese whispers

Also there is historical evidence of biblical characters actually existing"

It's scientifically more probable that, in a universe billions of years old, we have been visited by a space-faring species more advanced than our own, than a magic man created everything in seven days

C

Also there is historical evidence of biblical characters actually existing

Yes there's evidence of these people but a lot of it has been altered and watered down by the rulers of the time and whoever has translated the texts etc. Like a really long game of Chinese whispers "

Ok it’s watered down but even watered down evidence is better than 0 evidence like aliens, literally 0 evidence of other beings coming to our planet for the thousands of years we’ve been here. Closest thing is they may have helped build the Egypt pyramids and even that’s highly unlikely

Watch the TV show and you'll be surprised how wrong you are. I've done a lot of research on the matter and the stuff I've seen has made me a firm believer.

"Watch the TV show and you'll be surprised how wrong you are. I've done a lot of research on the matter and the stuff I've seen has made me a firm believer.

"

Aliens exist out there somewhere maybe but I don’t think we’ve been visited, ea h to there own I guess

According to the mainstream view, we transitioned from basic Hunter gatherers to complicated stone masons with a knowledge of mathematics and astronomy in a very very short time, I've never been a big believer in this hypothesis, the more evidence we uncover today suggests that it's not reliable anymore.

I think there was a far more advanced civilisation living far earlier than we think and sadly there resting place today is under many meters of sea

I Googled whether I could give blood and ended up realising I'm actually a descendent of ancient aliens. Who knew eh.

I'm inclined to believe it's down to mutation more than an intervention, though.

"According to the mainstream view, we transitioned from basic Hunter gatherers to complicated stone masons with a knowledge of mathematics and astronomy in a very very short time, I've never been a big believer in this hypothesis, the more evidence we uncover today suggests that it's not reliable anymore.

I think there was a far more advanced civilisation living far earlier than we think and sadly there resting place today is under many meters of sea"

I was top in maths at school

I don't get how we went from basic aircraft and technology and in 20 years we're on the moon. I reckon they've seen the nukes going off and have come to keep an eye on us before we wipe ourselves out.

"I Googled whether I could give blood and ended up realising I'm actually a descendent of ancient aliens. Who knew eh.

I'm inclined to believe it's down to mutation more than an intervention, though."

I'm inclined to agree but I wouldn't rule out that we were genetically altered by intelligence rather than random chance, the outcome is still the same either way.

"I don't get how we went from basic aircraft and technology and in 20 years we're on the moon. I reckon they've seen the nukes going off and have come to keep an eye on us before we wipe ourselves out. "

I'd say those leaps in technology are unfortunately down to war. Whenever there's a major conflict, technology takes huge leaps forwards.

"Necessity is the mother of invention."

C

Isn't their 11 seasons of Ancient aliens?

Some of the things they discuss are possible.

Like one of the other posters said. Early man and the neanderthals may have had far more advanced technology then we give them credit for.

Look at the number unusual/unexplained artifacts from history,

I tend to keep an open mind on such things.

Yeah I think the same. But in the last hundred years we've come a long way. We've gone from coal, steam and horses etc to tiny super computers in our pockets. We must have acquired some technology from somewhere.

"I don't get how we went from basic aircraft and technology and in 20 years we're on the moon. I reckon they've seen the nukes going off and have come to keep an eye on us before we wipe ourselves out. "

Not entirley convinced we went to the moon. I recently watched a documentary where actual Nasa scientists admitted they had 'lost' the technology to do so.

Rheir are many other reasons im doubtful that this actually happened, but again i try to be open minded.

Technology is an exponential function, the first jumps are slow but once you get rolling the jumps come fast and big....

Which is why I've never been a believer in primitive humans building super complicated stone structures like those we see left over all across the globe

What is the programme and channel please?

Den of Iniquity

"I don't get how we went from basic aircraft and technology and in 20 years we're on the moon. I reckon they've seen the nukes going off and have come to keep an eye on us before we wipe ourselves out. .

Technology is an exponential function, the first jumps are slow but once you get rolling the jumps come fast and big....

Which is why I've never been a believer in primitive humans building super complicated stone structures like those we see left over all across the globe"

So who built the Pyramids then ??

"I don't get how we went from basic aircraft and technology and in 20 years we're on the moon. I reckon they've seen the nukes going off and have come to keep an eye on us before we wipe ourselves out. .

Which is why I've never been a believer in primitive humans building super complicated stone structures like those we see left over all across the globe So who built the Pyramids then ??"

I don't think we really know but I don't think the current hypothesis works either, were still discovering things in the pyramids today that we didn't think possible ten years ago

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"According to the mainstream view, we transitioned from basic Hunter gatherers to complicated stone masons with a knowledge of mathematics and astronomy in a very very short time, I've never been a big believer in this hypothesis, the more evidence we uncover today suggests that it's not reliable anymore.

I think there was a far more advanced civilisation living far earlier than we think and sadly there resting place today is under many meters of sea"

We transitioned from hunter gatherers with a complicated knowledge of navigation, astronomy, harvest times, places where certain fruits and berries grew etc to farmers who stayed in one place over a lengthy period. Staying in one place and accumulating a supply of food which negated the need to go out and look for it on a day to day basis gave time for people to think and innovate. Therefore skills and knowledge increased more rapidly than before.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Which is why I've never been a believer in primitive humans building super complicated stone structures like those we see left over all across the globe"

Primitive humans didn't. Humans with complicated social structures, highly developed communication and the ability to work together did.

Den of Iniquity

What I find fascinating is that of all the thousands of species of creatures in Earth , how is it that just one species evolved brains with self awareness . That is strange and makes you think

I think there was a far more advanced civilisation living far earlier than we think and sadly there resting place today is under many meters of sea

We transitioned from hunter gatherers with a complicated knowledge of navigation, astronomy, harvest times, places where certain fruits and berries grew etc to farmers who stayed in one place over a lengthy period. Staying in one place and accumulating a supply of food which negated the need to go out and look for it on a day to day basis gave time for people to think and innovate. Therefore skills and knowledge increased more rapidly than before."

So the first signs of "farming" were thought to come around 8000 years ago, gobekli tepe predates all that by at least 2000 years. Complicated stone structures following engineering principles and mathematics don't just come over night, some structures have perfectly fitting 50 tonne stones, complicated arrangement patterns, circular cuttings, huge quarrying arrangements all under taken with copper hammers and flint for tools..... These structures remain a mystery because they don't fit with the hypothesis of human development

Which is why I've never been a believer in primitive humans building super complicated stone structures like those we see left over all across the globe

Primitive humans didn't. Humans with complicated social structures, highly developed communication and the ability to work together did."

Highly developed communication?.

The earliest known writing is 5000 years old?

It's hard to pass on intelligence without writing, it's even harder to do mathematics and engineering

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Primitive humans didn't. Humans with complicated social structures, highly developed communication and the ability to work together did..

The earliest known writing is 5000 years old?"

Vocal communication.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We transitioned from hunter gatherers with a complicated knowledge of navigation, astronomy, harvest times, places where certain fruits and berries grew etc to farmers who stayed in one place over a lengthy period. Staying in one place and accumulating a supply of food which negated the need to go out and look for it on a day to day basis gave time for people to think and innovate. Therefore skills and knowledge increased more rapidly than before..

So the first signs of "farming" were thought to come around 8000 years ago, gobekli tepe predates all that by at least 2000 years. Complicated stone structures following engineering principles and mathematics don't just come over night, some structures have perfectly fitting 50 tonne stones, complicated arrangement patterns, circular cuttings, huge quarrying arrangements all under taken with copper hammers and flint for tools..... These structures remain a mystery because they don't fit with the hypothesis of human development"

That doesn't mean it was alien intervention though. The absence of evidence for one thing isn't evidence for another.

Primitive humans didn't. Humans with complicated social structures, highly developed communication and the ability to work together did..

Vocal communication."

Theres little evidence to suggest we had a reasonable vocabulary and certainty not writing, writing as we know it today didn't even come about till 1000 BC.

So giant megalithic stone structures I just can't put any faith in, like I said at the beginning, the current hypothesis is just that, it's a best guess based on little evidence and every time we dig something up that doesn't fit with that hypothesis it's pretty much ignored for decades, case in point gobekli tepe

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Vocal communication..

Theres little evidence to suggest we had a reasonable vocabulary and certainty not writing, writing as we know it today didn't even come about till 1000 BC.

So giant megalithic stone structures I just can't put any faith in, like I said at the beginning, the current hypothesis is just that, it's a best guess based on little evidence and every time we dig something up that doesn't fit with that hypothesis it's pretty much ignored for decades, case in point gobekli tepe"

The earliest known pictographic method of recording information dates from around 3500 bce (before common era).

The earliest known writing is 5000 years old?"

Earliest known.

That does not meaning writing existed before we can prove it did.

Paper, parchment etc rots.

We transitioned from hunter gatherers with a complicated knowledge of navigation, astronomy, harvest times, places where certain fruits and berries grew etc to farmers who stayed in one place over a lengthy period. Staying in one place and accumulating a supply of food which negated the need to go out and look for it on a day to day basis gave time for people to think and innovate. Therefore skills and knowledge increased more rapidly than before..

So the first signs of "farming" were thought to come around 8000 years ago, gobekli tepe predates all that by at least 2000 years. Complicated stone structures following engineering principles and mathematics don't just come over night, some structures have perfectly fitting 50 tonne stones, complicated arrangement patterns, circular cuttings, huge quarrying arrangements all under taken with copper hammers and flint for tools..... These structures remain a mystery because they don't fit with the hypothesis of human development

That doesn't mean it was alien intervention though. The absence of evidence for one thing isn't evidence for another.

"

That's because I haven't argued for alien intervention although I said I wouldn't rule it out!.

My original line of enquiry was that ancient history isn't a settled subject, there's little to no consensus and I suspect that before 12,000 years ago there was a far more advanced civilisation than what the current hypothesis allows for.

The sphinx is without doubt a giant stone equinoxial marker for many years thought to be around 4500 years old, today there's evidence to suggest it's 9500 years old, altered how many times we don't know, I think it's older than that, I think it predates the great flood 12,000 years ago when those northern hemisphere glaciers melted washing away civilisation as we knew it

Have a look at America unearthed and expedition unknown too guys if you like stuff like this.

Vocal communication..

So giant megalithic stone structures I just can't put any faith in, like I said at the beginning, the current hypothesis is just that, it's a best guess based on little evidence and every time we dig something up that doesn't fit with that hypothesis it's pretty much ignored for decades, case in point gobekli tepe

The earliest known pictographic method of recording information dates from around 3500 bce (before common era)."

That's what I wrote?.

5000 years for basic pictogram writing and 3000 years for "modern" writing

I find it all totally fascinating either way

Me too

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That's because I haven't argued for alien intervention although I said I wouldn't rule it out!.

My original line of enquiry was that ancient history isn't a settled subject, there's little to no consensus and I suspect that before 12,000 years ago there was a far more advanced civilisation than what the current hypothesis allows for.

The sphinx is without doubt a giant stone equinoxial marker for many years thought to be around 4500 years old, today there's evidence to suggest it's 9500 years old, altered how many times we don't know, I think it's older than that, I think it predates the great flood 12,000 years ago when those northern hemisphere glaciers melted washing away civilisation as we knew it "

No, you haven't. I agree that archaeology and history are not exact sciences and are open to interpretation based on incomplete evidence. That's partly what makes it so interesting. I do err towards thinking that humans were more capable than we give them credit for and that alien intervention is unlikely mostly because we tend to view historical and archaeological evidence through the lens of current social trends and world events.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Vocal communication..

The earliest known pictographic method of recording information dates from around 3500 bce (before common era)..

That's what I wrote?.

5000 years for basic pictogram writing and 3000 years for "modern" writing"

It's possible that a plan could have been communicated by pictogram though.

I don't know the answer any more than anyone else but we don't have all the pieces of the puzzle.

"more plausible than religion ^ Spot on . Need i say more ."

Some biblical quotes to consider:

And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them; 11 and they also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven." (Acts 1:9-11 NASB)

As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal.

And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings.

I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them. As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. […] And when the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures rose from the earth, the wheels rose. (Ezekiel 1.4-6, 15-16, 19)

Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a flying scroll! And he said to me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll. Its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.” (Zechariah 5.1-2)

When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. (Genesis 6.1-4)

Interpret each as you will.

But seems religion and the possibility of aliens visiting the earth could be closely linked?

The younger dryas period was a 2000 year cold spell just after glacial maximum had stated to retreat around 12,000 BC it ended in 10,000 BC with what's thought to be rapid rising, maybe as quickly as 10-12 degrees over just a few years, there's good evidence to suggest the vast northern hemisphere glaciers were melted and trapped by ice dams, lakes of water miles high the size of counties that.... Snapped and washed away entire continents causing super raid global sea level rises!.

I favour that scenario for removing whatever advanced civilisations built the great stone megalithic structures we see today.... And I don't think it would be much different if that catastrophe was played out today

Thank you for revealing the programme

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Watching on tv, really anyone believe this stuff?"

I do not believe in ancient aliens or any religion.

Ancient / great civilisations will have fallen / disappeared for various reasons.

I suspect that war, disease, famine and other environmental factors, will have played a large part in their disappearances.

Nita

What? Such as?

"more plausible than religion ^ Spot on . Need i say more .

And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them; 11 and they also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven." (Acts 1:9-11 NASB)

As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal.

And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings.

I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them. As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. […] And when the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures rose from the earth, the wheels rose. (Ezekiel 1.4-6, 15-16, 19)

Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a flying scroll! And he said to me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll. Its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.” (Zechariah 5.1-2)

When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. (Genesis 6.1-4)

But seems religion and the possibility of aliens visiting the earth could be closely linked?

"

Indeed this is something Ancient aliens mentions a lot especially the Indian manuscripts.

"more plausible than religion ^ Spot on . Need i say more .

Indeed this is something Ancient aliens mentions a lot especially the Indian manuscripts. "

Utter bollocks!

The vast majority of the Bible is imagery and symbolism not factual, so that and the fact that it's been rewritten umpteen times by people with a vested interest it's basically not worth the paper it's written on!

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Like this please expand.

Well if your in the northern half of Britain then 12,000 years ago you'd have been under a 2 mile thick glacier along with most of the northern hemisphere, this meant we were connected to Europe (brexit that ) via no North sea or English channel, the world would have looked might different,I suspect just like today most civilisations lived next to the coast or major River?.

Theres some evidence to suggest that those glaciers melted rather rapidly (probably from a meteor or comet impact) the resulting floods quite possibly washed away many many more civilisations than we suspect."

ice ages are far more frequent than just that one.

sea levels have risen and fallen throughout time, the evidence of sea creatures fossils found hundreds of metres above sea level and ancient civilisations remains found below sea.

the changes were so slow that people had time to relocate.

the only major historical flood is the one that took place around 5600BC and created the black sea. the earlier flood that created the Mediterranean is thought to have taken place far too long ago to have affected humans.

human intelligence hasn't evolved only our understanding and ability to manufacture technology has increased exponentially over the millenia through human innovation and not extraterrestrial interventions.

I would imagine that had extraterrestrials have visited earth and interacted with humans there would be tangible evidence carried down in religious texts or monuments.

Most History we were taught is all lies.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"It is certainly possible that a species far more advanced than us bought us here many thousands of years ago and have kept a close eye on us ever since . I'm not saying that happened but it's possible ."

If that were true, then humans would have an entirely different genetic make-up to the rest of the flora and forna of this planet, right?

I think we may be the ancient aliens of the future. i.e. the world will suffer an almost extinction event, humans will re-evolve over 300,000 years or so, then find snippets of our impact e.g. a dressed stone, some unintelligible lettering etc.

Someone will then suggest we came from outer space. Problem with humans is they think in human life spans, space travel over distances are more akin to geological time.

"It is certainly possible that a species far more advanced than us bought us here many thousands of years ago and have kept a close eye on us ever since . I'm not saying that happened but it's possible .

If that were true, then humans would have an entirely different genetic make-up to the rest of the flora and forna of this planet, right? "

How do you explain the missing link??

"How do you explain the missing link??"

It's probably down the back of the sofa

Which in turn was swallowed in sediment and rock under the new sea called the Mediterranean

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If that were true, then humans would have an entirely different genetic make-up to the rest of the flora and forna of this planet, right?

How do you explain the missing link??"

As a link not yet discovered.

There's so much we don't know.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

How do you explain the missing link??"

You have suggested that humans were brought here from somewhere else, if that were the case, then we would be entirely genetically different from the rest of the plants and animals on this planet, but we are not. We share something like 30% of our DNA with daffodils. Therfore your theory that humans were introduced to this planet by a 3rd party makes no sense at all.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

People take religious texts too literally. Words written over 4000 years ago have often changed meaning several times over the centuries. Look how the words “gay” and “sick” have changed in a relatively short time. God created the world in seven days. The periods before he created light would have been of indeterminate length but people interpret them literally to 24 hours.

There have been many “lost languages “ stretching from advanced civilisations in the americas to the Rosetta Stone.

History is written by the victors with the vanquished often erased altogether.

The occupants of the British isles were unruly savages. How do we know this? Because the Romans said so. It suited the Romans to call us that.

What? Such as?"

Read on

» Add a new message to this topic