FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Personal Trainer Prices

Personal Trainer Prices

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On another thread the conversation turned to the prices Personal Trainers charge.

I myself charge £20 for an hour, my friend charges £45 an hour.

Would you use a PT and what do you feel a reasonable price would be, for you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My PT is 30 I love him. He is ace and a friend now. Also he does my physio sessions to at 20 a session

By *ucy LewdWoman  over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

I pay £40 an hour for my personal trainer.

I mean 30 pounds not age too lol

By *layfulCouple86Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

I haven't got a clue what PT's charge but I'm very interested to find out as it's something I'd like to look into.

Mr Playful

By *oubyLoverWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I had a friend down south who charged £20 and I suggested he upped it. I’m not sure how you make enough self employed if you’re doing everything above board with taxes etc. That or you’re working silly hours.

"I mean 30 pounds not age too lol "

Lol think we knew what you meant

"I had a friend down south who charged £20 and I suggested he upped it. I’m not sure how you make enough self employed if you’re doing everything above board with taxes etc. That or you’re working silly hours. "

Its hard, I've been doing it 4 months now, I've seen old and new PTs give it up for steady jobs because the work isn't reliable

By *iversong321Woman  over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

I used to charge £30 ph. No money in it tho and long hours. Not tge glamourous job its sold as.It's a sales job at the end of the day. I quit and looked for another career.

By *oubyLoverWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I had a friend down south who charged £20 and I suggested he upped it. I’m not sure how you make enough self employed if you’re doing everything above board with taxes etc. That or you’re working silly hours.

Its hard, I've been doing it 4 months now, I've seen old and new PTs give it up for steady jobs because the work isn't reliable "

And hence why you need to charge more per hour. Part of the fee is for the ad hoc nature of the job when you could take a lot less working full time in a gym but it’s regular.

"I had a friend down south who charged £20 and I suggested he upped it. I’m not sure how you make enough self employed if you’re doing everything above board with taxes etc. That or you’re working silly hours.

Its hard, I've been doing it 4 months now, I've seen old and new PTs give it up for steady jobs because the work isn't reliable

And hence why you need to charge more per hour. Part of the fee is for the ad hoc nature of the job when you could take a lot less working full time in a gym but it’s regular. "

I'm looking into starting a bootcamp, more money in that.

Wouldn’t use them myself, self motivation is far better than someone standing next to you shouting “one more!”

Enquiried at a gym that was very close to me, they offered a 6 week program that gave results, training 3 times a week for an hour and following a strict diet, price was 550, and after 6 weeks you leave, no after care or support, needless to say when I last went past the building they were in, guys where removing the equipment, obviously not the best business plan.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

i charge 20 A session

The PT I used to see charged £30 per session, dropping to £25 if you booked so many sessions with him (10 I think)

A former fabster I'm still friends with is a personal trainer, no idea how much she charges but as said above; it's no the most financially rewarding of jobs. You'd probably have a good January every year though!

My gym is only £20 a month and thays enough for me

I've always liked the idea of a personal trainer, but I'd never actually pay for one. I don't think I'd bother to exercise as much if I was paying per session. Not that I exercise much anyway, though....

There's so much free exercise information out there nowadays, and gyms/outdoor activities are so readily available.

By *hinypants77Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m not a pt but train boxers, thai boxers and athletes with technique, fitness and padwork. I only do it because I love it and I’m good at it.

If I charge I’ll charge £30 ph or £20 for a 40 min session.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I use personal trainers every month and won't pay above £20, though have a friend who charges closer to £100 - he's not worth that extra outlay imo.

Shop around and speak in great depth, before securing your trainer. I've used them for years and had great relationships and results

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I would love a pt but don’t know any in our area

i think group sessions over the park are cheaper , more incentive to workout harder to or to keep up with the others

I have just started having some sessions with an ex world's strongest man competitor and former Britain's strongest man. £25 for the hour, just working on improving my technique.

Most PT's are useless in my opinion, there are good ones obviously. One of the gyms I use has about 6 PT's and they are all crap, some of the stuff you see them getting people to do. I could do a better job than all of them.

By *lanPartridgeMan  over a year ago

nottingham

"I pay £40 an hour for my personal trainer."

Well spent btw ...

By *ames3212Man  over a year ago

sunderland

I'm on training to become a pt trainer and I No some people who are will to pay up to 60 pound an hour for some, I will only charge around 25 am hour but a diet plan gets included aswell

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

I pay £25 an hour for my PT but often share the session with someone else so then it's half the price. I see it as money well spent and enjoy getting stronger and in shape

"I pay £25 an hour for my PT but often share the session with someone else so then it's half the price. I see it as money well spent and enjoy getting stronger and in shape"

That's another thing I do, £20 for a solo session, £30 if there is two wanting to train together.

Diet plan is pretty good. I don't do them as I don't feel confident enough in my knowledge to offer it.

I would never use one personally. Are your sessions carried out in a gym that you pay to use if so I’d say that’s to low .

"I would never use one personally. Are your sessions carried out in a gym that you pay to use if so I’d say that’s to low ."

Contracted to do 12 hours a week, unpaid, that covers the license and membership. The 12 hours covers inductions, cleaning, classes and general inquiries.

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Really depends on their service. I’ve seen PTs rattle out the same routine to different people and let them get away with terrible form. Other than creating a sunk cost fallacy to motivate clients off their arse and fill a knowledge gap that could be filled by 30 mins of YouTube, they’re worthless.

I’ve also known PTs who spend more time devising plans than they spend with the client. Are immacaulate on form. And provide off hours support and diet advice. These are guys and gals who could be physios but have a passion for working out. These guys are priceless and if I were training with intent (rather than as me time) I’d be shelling out for these as I know they will get me results I want.

My advice after all that is to try a number out once and see who seem to really care. And know their stuff. You can tell these as they say very different things to those in the sell.

HTH. Silent x

id use a pt to teach me how to breath properly

By *corpio67Man  over a year ago

hillingdon

Waste of money and time!

Go to a gym. Get an induction and a workout plan.

Every few weeks get an assessment

It's called self motivation

Unless of course your plan is to screw the PT!!!

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

"Waste of money and time!

"

Disagree. Professional football players have coaches l. That’s not just for motivation. CEOs have mentors. That’s not just for motivation. Flex Lewis, an incredibly successful body builder has a trainer. You get my drift !

He's a personal trainer? Really?

"He's a personal trainer? Really?"

Who?

By *edoriartyCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

"

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

"

Disagree. Professional football players have coaches l. That’s not just for motivation. CEOs have mentors. That’s not just for motivation. Flex Lewis, an incredibly successful body builder has a trainer. You get my drift !"

Trainers are helpful if you want to have an above the average level of fitness, but also not a necessity. I haven't been in a Gym to work out since my teens and have never used a trainer, but have always maintained above average fitness levels.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I have a personal bodybuilding trainer who has competed to world class level. Only started about 2 mths ago and yes shes worth the money. 3 sessions a week which will be increased to 5 per week in the new year. plus a food plan rock on 2018

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

[Removed by poster at 28/12/17 21:13:31]

By *lanPartridgeMan  over a year ago

nottingham

Can everyone have good biceps with the right advice? Whoops freebie alert!

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I have a personal bodybuilding trainer who has competed to world class level. Only started about 2 mths ago and yes shes worth the money. 3 sessions a week which will be increased to 5 per week in the new year. plus a food plan rock on 2018 "

I would not recommend 5 times a week , not sure she should , unless you are intending upon a specific sporting goal like a triathlon and even then to require a trainer 5 times a week would be for elite wanting to win

A good trainer should orchestrate it so you only need to see them once a week , twice for those who need company and completely lack motivation

And if you're looking for body shape health and fitness but not a sporting goal training 3 to 4 times a week is plenty

You really should not need a trainer to facilitate active recovery which if you have worked correctly during the 4 is all you should do along with rest the other days

Please remember as one ages

When young train hard

When older train smart

Just like physio , a good trainer should fuel you with motivation and give you the exercises to practice on your own

xxx

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I charge £35 for an hours session, but 25% discount if book 6 sessions, and pay in full in advance.

Included in that is a full programme of daily excercises to carry out either at home or the gym, between our sessions and a nutritional plan to suit individual goals.

I'm also available via WhatsApp from 8am til 19.00hrs if my clients need any support

It depends on the area i reckon

And how famous they are how many insta followers ect

"I charge £35 for an hours session, but 25% discount if book 6 sessions, and pay in full in advance.

Included in that is a full programme of daily excercises to carry out either at home or the gym, between our sessions and a nutritional plan to suit individual goals.

I'm also available via WhatsApp from 8am til 19.00hrs if my clients need any support "

Sounds an absolute bargain compared to what some of the trainers I know charge and what they offer.

"I have a personal bodybuilding trainer who has competed to world class level. Only started about 2 mths ago and yes shes worth the money. 3 sessions a week which will be increased to 5 per week in the new year. plus a food plan rock on 2018

Specific sporting goal is the reason.

I would not recommend 5 times a week , not sure she should , unless you are intending upon a specific sporting goal like a triathlon and even then to require a trainer 5 times a week would be for elite wanting to win

A good trainer should orchestrate it so you only need to see them once a week , twice for those who need company and completely lack motivation

And if you're looking for body shape health and fitness but not a sporting goal training 3 to 4 times a week is plenty

You really should not need a trainer to facilitate active recovery which if you have worked correctly during the 4 is all you should do along with rest the other days

Please remember as one ages

When young train hard

When older train smart

Just like physio , a good trainer should fuel you with motivation and give you the exercises to practice on your own

xxx

"

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"I have a personal bodybuilding trainer who has competed to world class level. Only started about 2 mths ago and yes shes worth the money. 3 sessions a week which will be increased to 5 per week in the new year. plus a food plan rock on 2018 "

Just because you did well yourself at a sport, doesn't make you a good coach. When I was younger, the head coach at my swimming club wasn't an amazing swimmer himself. We had another coach who'd competed at the Olympics and won commonwealth medals - he wasn't as good of a coach.....

"I have a personal bodybuilding trainer who has competed to world class level. Only started about 2 mths ago and yes shes worth the money. 3 sessions a week which will be increased to 5 per week in the new year. plus a food plan rock on 2018

Just because you did well yourself at a sport, doesn't make you a good coach. When I was younger, the head coach at my swimming club wasn't an amazing swimmer himself. We had another coach who'd competed at the Olympics and won commonwealth medals - he wasn't as good of a coach....."

Yes absolutely.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

I disagree completely. There are many reasons to use a personal trainer but if you haven't used, or wanted to use one, then you likely don't understand the people and the service that well. Some of us already have regularly updated programmed, are highly motivated but are committed to our craft. I like to excell at things I do and invest in my health and wellbeing.

One of the secrets for a PT is to recognize those people like me who can be a longer term client as well as major source of income each month - we don't need to have time and investment made to finding new clients all the time as well as the sales work selling yourself to prospective clients.

If someone just does the standard health centre instructor job that a client could get free of charge but drags it out to an hours session, calling it PT, they won't last in the industry. They need to market their own personality, expertise and tailored package that matches their clients needs.

For many it is the passion that you have for your interest that will help to captivate others. Most teachers who have a passion will love sharing and teaching others.

"I would never use one personally. Are your sessions carried out in a gym that you pay to use if so I’d say that’s to low .

Contracted to do 12 hours a week, unpaid, that covers the license and membership. The 12 hours covers inductions, cleaning, classes and general inquiries. "

I'm not sure I'm reading that right? You work 12 hours a week at the gym for nothing in order to be able to use their facilities if you get a client? How is that legal? What about minimum wage

I watch the PTs in my gym and sone of them are laughable. Pretty much every client seems to get exactly the same ser of exercises, doesn't matter if they are middle aged and overweight or young fit gym rats. Pretty sure I could Google "generic gym training plan" and offer a similar service.

I also know cycling coaches that earn a good living from coaching, tailored plans depending in client goals, and regular feedback sessions amd consultations.

The difference in what is provided is huge and I'm aware that ice uses extreme examples but I do wonder what qualifications and experience you need to set yourself up as a PT, the cycling coaches I refer to have certainly paid their dues working as club coaches and building up to a point that they make a livibg

"I would never use one personally. Are your sessions carried out in a gym that you pay to use if so I’d say that’s to low .

Contracted to do 12 hours a week, unpaid, that covers the license and membership. The 12 hours covers inductions, cleaning, classes and general inquiries.

I'm not sure I'm reading that right? You work 12 hours a week at the gym for nothing in order to be able to use their facilities if you get a client? How is that legal? What about minimum wage"

Its pretty common practise apparently.

» Add a new message to this topic