FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tesco Turkeys

Tesco Turkeys

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did anyone buy one from there and was it rank?

See news item as they sold a few Turkeys apparently

https://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-27/tesco-christmas-turkey/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why were they selling turkeys? Was it Christmas?

I read it. It made me feel ill.

"Why were they selling turkeys? Was it Christmas? "

Yep but it sounds like these were left over from easter

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Why were they selling turkeys? Was it Christmas?

Yep but it sounds like these were left over from easter "

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I'd be gutted if I'd spent a few days preparing it, few hours cooking it and a table of hungry family members.

A 'sorry' along with a £25 voucher wouldn't be enough for me. £100 tesco voucher next Christmas would be adequate

How many more times does Tesco have to be in the news before the public realise their meat is a load of rubbish.

Buy only British meat and locally from your high street butcher. Problem solved.

Yep but it sounds like these were left over from easter "

Glad I had fish n chips.

Can't fuck that up.

Apparently the farm also supplied various other food retailers including M+S. This just confirms that it doesn't matter where you buy your food from nor how much you have to pay, it's all the same shit.

"How many more times does Tesco have to be in the news before the public realise their meat is a load of rubbish.

Buy only British meat and locally from your high street butcher. Problem solved."

Cardiff

"How many more times does Tesco have to be in the news before the public realise their meat is a load of rubbish.

Buy only British meat and locally from your high street butcher. Problem solved."

Our local bangs on about how they are the best, buy local, support the high street. He sends out all the right messages.

I've given in with the grumpy rude twat. Even if you ignore the shit service 'no we haven't got any, next' kind of attitude, I end up paying maybe 50% more supporting this guy who encourages you to go to him.

I've tried other locals but it's mainly down to cost that I haven't stuck with them.

I suppose there are good and bad in most stores and we all have different experiences.

Instead I use Tesco for meats and have never had a problem. I don't trust Morries too much as they hide the fat under the steak (eg).

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

It’s unfortunate and I’d have been disappointed had it happened to me, I’d have grumbled about it and got on with enjoying myself, all those claiming it “ruined” Christmas need to give their head a wobble!

Cardiff

I'd be down the store with it first thing today.

I'd make it for them to dispose of while they do their investigation and work out refund/compensation.

"It’s unfortunate and I’d have been disappointed had it happened to me, I’d have grumbled about it and got on with enjoying myself, all those claiming it “ruined” Christmas need to give their head a wobble! "

Think to some degree your right as one complainant said they spent £250 on thier dinner for it to be ruined.

Now take around 40 quid off that £250...then surely they had enough stuff to salvage the day. But having said that they deserve some compensation

I'm sure Tesco had a problem with their Turkey's last year with green bits in which was all apparently normal

Luckily we have a butcher in the family so we do all right for meat especially at Christmas.

Ginger

My local butcher is awful..being a local high street shop means nothing these days.

By *.1079Man  over a year ago

Rhyl

Yes your right, but unfortunately local butchers prices at no fault of their own are 3 times the price. I suppose you get what your pay for, it's just some people can't afford local free range turkeys.

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

"It’s unfortunate and I’d have been disappointed had it happened to me, I’d have grumbled about it and got on with enjoying myself, all those claiming it “ruined” Christmas need to give their head a wobble!

Think to some degree your right as one complainant said they spent £250 on thier dinner for it to be ruined.

Now take around 40 quid off that £250...then surely they had enough stuff to salvage the day. But having said that they deserve some compensation "

Exactly, it’s Christmas! The fridge is full of stuff to eat. If these people think the turkey is the be all and end all, they’re doing Christmas wrong!

"Did anyone buy one from there and was it rank?

See news item as they sold a few Turkeys apparently

https://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-27/tesco-christmas-turkey/"

none of the people involved with the buying and eating of these turkeys can come to the forum right now ,they all have their heads in B&Q buckets

Cardiff

"It’s unfortunate and I’d have been disappointed had it happened to me, I’d have grumbled about it and got on with enjoying myself, all those claiming it “ruined” Christmas need to give their head a wobble!

Now take around 40 quid off that £250...then surely they had enough stuff to salvage the day. But having said that they deserve some compensation

Exactly, it’s Christmas! The fridge is full of stuff to eat. If these people think the turkey is the be all and end all, they’re doing Christmas wrong!"

5 live recently interviewed one of the complainants.

She spoke how there were about 8 family members (approx) round the table. It ended up as a veggie Christmas Meal but thankfully she had a tub of bistro in the cupboard, added cheese and buscuits and had made 3 large desserts.

I'm sure Tesco will replace the cost of the turkey but it's no where near enough. I'm sure the managers of Tescos would react with as much anger and it's good business sence to cough up a decent compensation package to those effected in the hope they are satisfied and Tesco's brand isn't damaged too much.

I feel sorry for the turkeys, all excited to be gobbled up for Christmas but they end up in the bin. Their sacrifice was in vain. RIP turkey's

XXX

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Well my Turkey crown from Tescos was delicious. Could it be I defrosted it properly, seasoned it overnight and cooked it thoroughly or just lucky?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Now take around 40 quid off that £250...then surely they had enough stuff to salvage the day. But having said that they deserve some compensation "

Ffs, how the hell can you claim a meal cost someone £250.... How many were they feeding?

Ffs, how the hell can you claim a meal cost someone £250.... How many were they feeding?"

Don't shoot me. I just read it

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Some people are so dramatic, a rancid turkey wouldn't ruin a Christmas , it would be an annoyance yes, how the hell did they not notice it was rancid before they cooked it.

If she did spend that much on one dinner I would be very surprised, if she did, then she has lots of other food to eat.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Exactly, it’s Christmas! The fridge is full of stuff to eat. If these people think the turkey is the be all and end all, they’re doing Christmas wrong!"

So what about the people who used the,turkey juices to make their gravy and then poured the rancid stuff over their entire dinner ...dinner completely ruined . tesco need to compensate big style about this .glad I didn't get mine from there,

"Some people are so dramatic, a rancid turkey wouldn't ruin a Christmas , it would be an annoyance yes, how the hell did they not notice it was rancid before they cooked it?"

This. Plus, what sort of cook doesn't taste their food as they're cooking. I'd have been a cheeky git and knocked on the neighbours door to ask for their leftovers. Boom! Problem solved.

Does anybody know if these were frozen Turkey's or supposedly "fresh" Turkey's?

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

Surely if it was rancid you would have smelled it before cooking, i had a chicken in the fridge once that went off before best buy date and it was the worst smell ever, it was binned, didnt try to cook it and poison my guests lol

"Surely if it was rancid you would have smelled it before cooking, i had a chicken in the fridge once that went off before best buy date and it was the worst smell ever, it was binned, didnt try to cook it and poison my guests lol"

Those complaining probably conveniently ignoring that just to sensationalise the 'Tesco ruined my christmas' headline more.

"I feel sorry for the turkeys, all excited to be gobbled up for Christmas but they end up in the bin. Their sacrifice was in vain. RIP turkey's

XXX"

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Local butchers still have to be supplied by one of the big meat retailers, they just shop around to get the best price (and you would hope quality) with everyone in the chain from producer to wholesaler to retailer speculating how much they will sell, all risking a loss and having to increase sale prices to cover any possible loss.

the big supermarkets cut out this middleman and buy direct from the supplier, getting a better price as the supplier knows in advance how much he will be supplying as its the supermarket that accepts the risk of not selling produce and due to large quantities involved doesn't have to increase profit margins quite as significantly as the independent, sometimes selling for less than they paid as the item is a "loss leader" and gets people in store.

The produce from both is very similar in quality particularly turkey and pork which is predominantly UK produced, there is as much risk of buying shit produce from a local supplier as the supermarket as both have only their immediate suppliers word on the provenance of the produce.

Cardiff

"Surely if it was rancid you would have smelled it before cooking, i had a chicken in the fridge once that went off before best buy date and it was the worst smell ever, it was binned, didnt try to cook it and poison my guests lol

Those complaining probably conveniently ignoring that just to sensationalise the 'Tesco ruined my christmas' headline more."

The news showed two tweets only one of them had the 'ruined christmas' phrase.

It's not like everyone who had a shit turkey is saying that and what can you do in that situation?

You'll just have to get on with it and worry about it in a few days time I suppose.

"Local butchers still have to be supplied by one of the big meat retailers, they just shop around to get the best price (and you would hope quality) with everyone in the chain from producer to wholesaler to retailer speculating how much they will sell, all risking a loss and having to increase sale prices to cover any possible loss.

the big supermarkets cut out this middleman and buy direct from the supplier, getting a better price as the supplier knows in advance how much he will be supplying as its the supermarket that accepts the risk of not selling produce and due to large quantities involved doesn't have to increase profit margins quite as significantly as the independent, sometimes selling for less than they paid as the item is a "loss leader" and gets people in store.

The produce from both is very similar in quality particularly turkey and pork which is predominantly UK produced, there is as much risk of buying shit produce from a local supplier as the supermarket as both have only their immediate suppliers word on the provenance of the produce. "

Go one better then and buy directly from the farmer, then everyone's a winner

Cardiff

"Local butchers still have to be supplied by one of the big meat retailers, they just shop around to get the best price (and you would hope quality) with everyone in the chain from producer to wholesaler to retailer speculating how much they will sell, all risking a loss and having to increase sale prices to cover any possible loss.

The produce from both is very similar in quality particularly turkey and pork which is predominantly UK produced, there is as much risk of buying shit produce from a local supplier as the supermarket as both have only their immediate suppliers word on the provenance of the produce.

Go one better then and buy directly from the farmer, then everyone's a winner "

Buy a Chick and keep it at your friends who will feed yours and there's and then get the game keeper to sort the business end out.

The Turkey gets 6 months of quality life and you know exactly how it was brought up eating your waste. If you add orange peel to its diet from mid November you half a self basting kind.

That's the best Turkey I have ever tasted but it was a one off, cost £60 which is in line with M+S fresh pre ordered Turkey.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

"

Buy a Chick and keep it at your friends who will feed yours and there's and then get the game keeper to sort the business end out.

The Turkey gets 6 months of quality life and you know exactly how it was brought up eating your waste. If you add orange peel to its diet from mid November you half a self basting kind.

That's the best Turkey I have ever tasted but it was a one off, cost £60 which is in line with M+S fresh pre ordered Turkey."

Why not lock the Turkey in the eye and dispatch it yourself?

Its because most of us wouldn't do it that we have foods intensively farmed so we can go and get our meat guilt free..

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Yep but it sounds like these were left over from easter

Glad I had fish n chips.

Can't fuck that up. "

Was it from sustainable fishing stocks, and dolphin friendly?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Buy only British meat and locally from your high street butcher. Problem solved.

Our local bangs on about how they are the best, buy local, support the high street. He sends out all the right messages.

I've given in with the grumpy rude twat. Even if you ignore the shit service 'no we haven't got any, next' kind of attitude, I end up paying maybe 50% more supporting this guy who encourages you to go to him.

I've tried other locals but it's mainly down to cost that I haven't stuck with them.

I suppose there are good and bad in most stores and we all have different experiences.

Instead I use Tesco for meats and have never had a problem. I don't trust Morries too much as they hide the fat under the steak (eg).

"

Having done work at many abbatoirs over the years I wouldn't buy any fresh meats from Asda or Tesco.

Waitrose and Aldi are the strictest on their quality followed by Morrison's who do their own in their own abbatoirs.

"So what about the people who used the,turkey juices to make their gravy and then poured the rancid stuff over their entire dinner ...dinner completely ruined . tesco need to compensate big style about this .glad I didn't get mine from there,"

Believe me if you've got a turkey or chicken that has gone off....you would never have got to the stage of cooking it! It smells like the worst fishy pissy smell you can think of...whilst still raw.

"Does anybody know if these were frozen Turkey's or supposedly "fresh" Turkey's?"

I thought they were 'fresh' ones.

My frozen one from Tesco was fine.

"So what about the people who used the,turkey juices to make their gravy and then poured the rancid stuff over their entire dinner ...dinner completely ruined . tesco need to compensate big style about this .glad I didn't get mine from there,

Believe me if you've got a turkey or chicken that has gone off....you would never have got to the stage of cooking it! It smells like the worst fishy pissy smell you can think of...whilst still raw."

I agree. I had some chicken from Tescos, years ago now, that had gone off

Still very much in date. We had only bought it the day before

The smell is horrific. Stunk out the whole flat for days

Call me a cynic ( again) but I cant envisage anyone actually cooking those turkeys and using them to make gravy

Just taking off the packaging would be enough to make you want to get it the frick out of your house!

Cardiff

"

That's the best Turkey I have ever tasted but it was a one off, cost £60 which is in line with M+S fresh pre ordered Turkey.

Why not lock the Turkey in the eye and dispatch it yourself?

Its because most of us wouldn't do it that we have foods intensively farmed so we can go and get our meat guilt free.. "

It wasn't my Chick to begin with.

I'd have no problem killing it.

If I was education minister I'd teach kids to grow, hunt, fish, kill and butcher their food, then I'd teach them how to cook it.

At the moment all we do is giving them the option of cooking it.

By far it was the most useful thing I learned as a teenager in school.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"So what about the people who used the,turkey juices to make their gravy and then poured the rancid stuff over their entire dinner ...dinner completely ruined . tesco need to compensate big style about this .glad I didn't get mine from there,"

Honestly anyone who actually did this has to be stupid beyond daft..

"So what about the people who used the,turkey juices to make their gravy and then poured the rancid stuff over their entire dinner ...dinner completely ruined . tesco need to compensate big style about this .glad I didn't get mine from there,

"

Now now...if you've never smelt one and all that

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

Now now...if you've never smelt one and all that "

Oh you'd smell it... would turn your guts up...and don't go there with actually tasting just to make sure

I only had lamb leg and chicken

Now now...if you've never smelt one and all that

Oh you'd smell it... would turn your guts up...and don't go there with actually tasting just to make sure "

I know I've smelt one look up ^^

My new pic is of me wearing a turkey

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

In date poultry stinks so I can’t begin to imagine what those turkeys smelt like, how could you not know before cooking?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm surprised that they didn't come from that awful chicken supplier they had, that was switching dates etc

"I'm surprised that they didn't come from that awful chicken supplier they had, that was switching dates etc"

I think the biggest culprit will be storing at the correct temperature personally

» Add a new message to this topic