FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dealing with shitty mental health at Christmas

Dealing with shitty mental health at Christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

*sigh*

I'm often pretty good nowadays, but over the past couple of weeks SAD's crept in and my anxiety's really quite bad as I'm forever finding something to worry about... today was a better day but I can feel my heart really thumping away. Work and reminding myself of nice things that are coming up in the next week is helping, but I still feel a bit deflated and not particularly festive.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Biggest hugs from someone who could have wrote this!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Biggest hugs from someone who could have wrote this!

"

Hugs back to you x

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Please go and see your gp, be insistent with him/her and get a referral for cognitive behavioural therapy..

It works.

"*sigh*

I'm often pretty good nowadays, but over the past couple of weeks SAD's crept in and my anxiety's really quite bad as I'm forever finding something to worry about... today was a better day but I can feel my heart really thumping away. Work and reminding myself of nice things that are coming up in the next week is helping, but I still feel a bit deflated and not particularly festive. "

Do you have any coping strategies, even simple breathing exercises can get your heart rate down and calm you?

Aaww BIG HUGS op,as others have said seek help from your GP if needed and not being sort at moment.

Dont know if looking forward to festive period is good or bad for you,but tomorrow is winter solstice,the shortest day,so from then on its all the way to Spring and longer brighter days soon follow

Hello lovely. Sorry to hear it’s a struggle at the moment. Big hugs and nods of yep, bugger poo.

I saw this book advertised yesterday and immediately wanted to tell you about it as I know how calming and enjoyable you find your adult colouring...

Ivy and the Inky Butterfly by Johanna Basford

Are you managing to do any currently? In fact are there any usual coping strategies that work for you that you’ve neglected of late? Is it possible to do any even if just for a short period to nudge yourself back into the habits you find helpful?

Most of all I just wanted to give you a hug and remind you to be ever so gentle with yourself. Sometimes surviving is all we can manage for a period a period and that’s okay.

"Hello lovely. Sorry to hear it’s a struggle at the moment. Big hugs and nods of yep, bugger poo.

I saw this book advertised yesterday and immediately wanted to tell you about it as I know how calming and enjoyable you find your adult colouring...

Ivy and the Inky Butterfly by Johanna Basford

Are you managing to do any currently? In fact are there any usual coping strategies that work for you that you’ve neglected of late? Is it possible to do any even if just for a short period to nudge yourself back into the habits you find helpful?

Most of all I just wanted to give you a hug and remind you to be ever so gentle with yourself. Sometimes surviving is all we can manage for a period a period and that’s okay.

"

Forgive the period repeat!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Spend some time in nature and get some exercise as often as you can.

Set some regular plans too - such as chats with people who are good for you and non-judgmental.

Don't pressure yourself at all.

Hoping you get some good over the coming days xx

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Keep yourself busy, learn something new and open to new ideas and worry less.

From someone on 150mg sertraline a day and counselling I feels ya xxxxxx

» Add a new message to this topic