FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Light in the darkness

Light in the darkness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now I can't say that I am deeply religious, but I went to Church last night to a family service, which was entitled 'The Stable Light'.

The main lesson in this was that everyone has dark times, but by being kind to people and spreading a little happiness, even it it's just a hello and a friendly smile, it can help people see the light. So many true words were spoken and it was thoughly heart warming.

Having said that, I live in a small community where people do still care about others and will stop in the street to pass the time of day to a stranger, help people carry shopping etc

People should try to be kind to others, and show a little compassion in life, as no one knows which personal battles other people are facing, but I fear this attitude I have isn't shared amongst enough people in this day and age. (recent forum threads on here prove this to me)

I guess what I'm trying to say is let's just be kind to others, especially at this time of year when a lot of people struggle for one reason or another.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Maybe we shouldn't just wait for Christmas to spread the kindness..

"Maybe we shouldn't just wait for Christmas to spread the kindness.. "

Very valid point, you're so right. I do think that Christmas heightens emotions for a lot of people, which makes it especially more important to be kind.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Maybe we shouldn't just wait for Christmas to spread the kindness..

Very valid point, you're so right. I do think that Christmas heightens emotions for a lot of people, which makes it especially more important to be kind. "

Maybe if people start at Christmas or even today and decide to do just one kind thing a day no matter how small it may be a smile give to someone who needs help...if everyone did it ...we may just change the world...

"Maybe we shouldn't just wait for Christmas to spread the kindness..

Very valid point, you're so right. I do think that Christmas heightens emotions for a lot of people, which makes it especially more important to be kind.

Maybe if people start at Christmas or even today and decide to do just one kind thing a day no matter how small it may be a smile give to someone who needs help...if everyone did it ...we may just change the world..."

Exactly.

» Add a new message to this topic