FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Talking about people or gossip?

Talking about people or gossip?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When is talking about other people ok? At what point does it become gossip rather than just discussion?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When is talking about other people ok? At what point does it become gossip rather than just discussion? "

When you log into Fab...its gossip.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"When is talking about other people ok? At what point does it become gossip rather than just discussion? "

When they don't mind you discussing them and the facts are true

Why who are we talking about, and what have they said.

Hold on, I'll put the kettle on

"When is talking about other people ok? At what point does it become gossip rather than just discussion?

When they don't mind you discussing them and the facts are true "

I agree with this

When they message you abuse about what they and their friends have decided about you as a judgement rather than being specific and asking your intent. When they don’t take responsibility for hurt caused even when they say it wasn’t their intent. Communication is a two way process. Ask questions if there’s a problem, don’t assume.

"When is talking about other people ok? At what point does it become gossip rather than just discussion?

Hold on, I'll put the kettle on "

***Everyone....whilst KB isn't here,,,let me tell you what he said last week***

That's gossip.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Suppose gossip is something juicy that other people will enjoy listening to rather than just mundane stuff and it gets passed round a lot.

When your passing on hearsay about someone or their actions. When your talking about "rumours" or when you have no solid evidence of what your saying about someone or their actions

Is see ‘gossip’ as salacious titbits and ‘discussion’ as more mundane.

E.g. I saw SteelHeels do a very interesting talk on the Great Crested Newt at the local wildlife society last week. She was very good! DISCUSSION

versus

Ooh you should have seen the way SteelHeels was all over the vicar after the local wildlife society meet last week! GOSSIP

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

When your passing on hearsay about someone or their actions. When your talking about "rumours" or when you have no solid evidence of what your saying about someone or their actions "

"Is see ‘gossip’ as salacious titbits and ‘discussion’ as more mundane.

E.g. I saw SteelHeels do a very interesting talk on the Great Crested Newt at the local wildlife society last week. She was very good! DISCUSSION

versus

Ooh you should have seen the way SteelHeels was all over the vicar after the local wildlife society meet last week! ALSO DISCUSSION "

FTFY

That's gossip. "

I'll set em up you knock em down

That's gossip.

I'll set em up you knock em down "

We could set up a couples account, with no intention of meeting as a couple. Called KinkyBee or MisterButler.

That's a side swiping nasty comment aimed at someone. That's also to create a bit of gossip.

When they message you abuse about what they and their friends have decided about you as a judgement rather than being specific and asking your intent. When they don’t take responsibility for hurt caused even when they say it wasn’t their intent. Communication is a two way process. Ask questions if there’s a problem, don’t assume. "

Always ask.

That's gossip.

We could set up a couples account, with no intention of meeting as a couple. Called KinkyBee or MisterButler.

That's a side swiping nasty comment aimed at someone. That's also to create a bit of gossip. "

Hold on, you might be on to something here, how many women would be interested in a ready made mmf a sort of sexual tag team, hmm lol

By *itmanAndHerrCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Everyone gossips to some degree. If not about people we know then about celebs. If not about them then some even gossip about their favourite soap characters and storylines. We all talk about eachother but only call it gossip if its something nagative we'd rather not say to their face.

Personally i don't mind being gossipped about. It usually means you have a more interesting life than them. As the great Oscar Wilde oncd said "Theres only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about"

Him.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

When it's malicious it's gossip when it's informative it's talking about them.

It's the difference between

"Xs husband left her, I'm not surprised she's really let herself go lately and is a moody old bag"

And

"Just to let you know x and y have broken up, she might need a little support".

"When it's malicious it's gossip when it's informative it's talking about them.

"Xs husband left her, I'm not surprised she's really let herself go lately and is a moody old bag"

And

"Just to let you know x and y have broken up, she might need a little support"."

That's gossip.

That's a side swiping nasty comment aimed at someone. That's also to create a bit of gossip.

Hold on, you might be on to something here, how many women would be interested in a ready made mmf a sort of sexual tag team, hmm lol "

We can share, and as it's my idea, 60/40?

Shouldn't say things about people that you wouldn't say to their face unless you're talking with your best mate about someone!

By *edoriartyCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

I never gossip but if anyone has any they want to tell me about please feel free to drop me a pm

M

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Gossip is when it’s passing hearsay on or information passed on surreptitiously. Apparently that’s ok to do if it’s only passing it on to your friends. The person that is a ‘victim’ of the gossip then in turn sharing with their friends. So who is gossiping?

Everyone talks about people at some point or other that doesn’t mean it’s done in a negative or unpleasant way, that’s just often someone’s interpretation of it.

It’s interesting that people talk about one another but only see it as gossip if it’s someone talking about THEM.

There is so much gossip in the forums ... not on Fab, in the forums. We can all pretend it doesn’t happen but it does. I hear things but do I care about it? No, mainly because I’m not 12. We are adult enough to be on a sex site but apparently not able behave as adults whilst we’re here.

By *edoriartyCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Gossip is when it’s passing hearsay on or information passed on surreptitiously. Apparently that’s ok to do if it’s only passing it on to your friends. The person that is a ‘victim’ of the gossip then in turn sharing with their friends. So who is gossiping?

Everyone talks about people at some point or other that doesn’t mean it’s done in a negative or unpleasant way, that’s just often someone’s interpretation of it.

It’s interesting that people talk about one another but only see it as gossip if it’s someone talking about THEM.

There is so much gossip in the forums ... not on Fab, in the forums. We can all pretend it doesn’t happen but it does. I hear things but do I care about it? No, mainly because I’m not 12. We are adult enough to be on a sex site but apparently not able behave as adults whilst we’re here. "

I heard that you had two vaginas and you keep your loose change and pieces of cake in the spare one, that's what Pink Panther told me.

Don't shoot the messenger

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

When whatever your saying you would say to there face

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"Gossip is when it’s passing hearsay on or information passed on surreptitiously. Apparently that’s ok to do if it’s only passing it on to your friends. The person that is a ‘victim’ of the gossip then in turn sharing with their friends. So who is gossiping?

There is so much gossip in the forums ... not on Fab, in the forums. We can all pretend it doesn’t happen but it does. I hear things but do I care about it? No, mainly because I’m not 12. We are adult enough to be on a sex site but apparently not able behave as adults whilst we’re here.

I heard that you had two vaginas and you keep your loose change and pieces of cake in the spare one, that's what Pink Panther told me.

Don't shoot the messenger "

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Don't shoot the messenger "

Get it right, the cake is nestled between her boobie woobies

...gossip. When the conversation is intended to be malicious and of no benefit.

My opinion

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

There is so much gossip in the forums ... not on Fab, in the forums. We can all pretend it doesn’t happen but it does. I hear things but do I care about it? No, mainly because I’m not 12. We are adult enough to be on a sex site but apparently not able behave as adults whilst we’re here. "

Yes ppl need to look in the mirror before casting the first stone

when its malicious its never good ,when its done in public to make a person feel bad its not good ,when its in the confession box its ok its just a priest he's heard it all before ,in staff canteen its ok they don't believe you anyway ,in court its ok if its the truth the whole truth so help me god

By *urlesque!Woman  over a year ago

Gloucester

I think it depends on the intent and possible effect of the conversation and I think most people have a good sense of what is gossip (sometimes negative) and what is chatting about somebody, which is more neutral.

Humans communicate their feelings verbally and non verbally so I guess gossiping is another way of expressing some feels about a situation or person... could be admiration, fear, even envy etc.

When they message you abuse about what they and their friends have decided about you as a judgement rather than being specific and asking your intent. When they don’t take responsibility for hurt caused even when they say it wasn’t their intent. Communication is a two way process. Ask questions if there’s a problem, don’t assume.

Always ask. "

It’s my mantra!

"When it's malicious it's gossip when it's informative it's talking about them.

And

"Just to let you know x and y have broken up, she might need a little support"."

Brilliant - so much this

I agree with this. Well articulated.

"...gossip. When the conversation is intended to be malicious and of no benefit.

My opinion

"

Yes.

By *K430Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

When you would have no problem having the discussion in front of them or someone close to them generally not gossip , if you wouldn't say it to their face is different

By *eeky goodnessMan  over a year ago

Worcester

When they message you abuse about what they and their friends have decided about you as a judgement rather than being specific and asking your intent. When they don’t take responsibility for hurt caused even when they say it wasn’t their intent. Communication is a two way process. Ask questions if there’s a problem, don’t assume. "

To quote a film assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Bonus points if you know the film

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Bonus points if you know the film "

Dark territory?

By *eeky goodnessMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Bonus points if you know the film

Dark territory? "

Our survey says........ correct!

By *lmostthereMan  over a year ago

Southampton

When it leaves a sour taste.