FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > is it a regret

is it a regret

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

as part of my uni course i have to write a piece on something that i have have done and now look back and think i wish id done it different , now the only problem is i dont reallly have any thing i can use apart from when was due to get married and 3 weels b4 the big day someone came in to my life and turned it on its arse lol , i still walked down the isle and no it didnt last , and i have been wondering since i got this assignment whether i did the right thing in calling things off with this other guy so my question is this a regret , sorry if its a dumb question lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

The what ifs in life will always niggle away at us. Too often it is easy to assume what we didn't do would be great and idyllic.

So very much a regret.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The only regrets that you should have are about things that ya haven't done xx

I supose it is a regret. Although you must have loved the man you married otherwise you wouldnt of married him. And it might not of worked out with the other guy anyway.You hadnt known him long enough to know if he was right for you.

its been a tough assignment this one i seem ok with the facts and figures but stuff where i have to look back and reflect i am finding difficult , i am not really a " what if " kinda lass so need help lol

i think your right but it got me thinking that if i was so in love why did i let someone turn my head in such away that he did , at the time i thought that i was going to go mad trying to decide what i should do for the best and i guess at the time i did , its been hard as its making me look back and look at the things i have done .

It's true that hindsight is 20/20.

I have very few regrets, and do not spend time dwelling on them.

I cannot change the past, however, I can influence the future, and I live in the present.

oooooo can i pinch your quote pearl , its quite scary this course lol

Awww, it is not original as I am not normally that philosophical or deep!

I read a book once called beware the charming man. It said that a lot of men who people think are realy nice and decent, are the ones you have to be wary of. There were storys about them abusing their wives and kids.

Regrets... I've had a few (But then again, too few to mention).

But then that is what shapes out future, and how we deal with life

at the time it was crazy i think i was just stressed about wedding stuff and looking back things probly were not as hunky dory as they should have been , so i think maybe it was a kind of escape , my god i sound wicked lol

I always understand the meaning of regret as:

"To remember with distress or longing"

So walking down that path of life, we will all look back sometimes in regret.

If I came across somebody that had no regret, I would think they are either very clever to get things right all the time, or they have done nothing.

So we all walk forwarddown that path of life, but who can't resist looking back now and then?

you know you lot are making this assignment much easier lol

Looking back though can sometimes stir feelings and emotions that were locked away for a reason.

i think thats what they are trying to do , and it has made me think about how it made me feel , att he time i shut it off and got on with the wedding .

there are some times when you do not want to remember the feelings as they cause that much pain and heartache

yup this was very true and it is making me think now perhaps this is what the assignment is meant to do

but then it is a mark of how you express, the feelings, if you can do it in a way that doesnt open old wounds.

i think that for me to get the best out the course i have to re evaluate some things in my life , perhaps that means opening up old wounds ?

but can you say hand on heart you want to relive the feelings.

I wish you luck and a safe journey down that road.

xx

By *ayne n JockCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

When I look back at my life there are things I wish I had done differently but I don't regret anything. We make decisions based on the information we have at the time .. sometimes later we learn more about someone / something and would not have made that decision with that additional knowledge but I think regret is too strong a word.

Events that happen in our life shape our character [& inner strength] making us wiser the next time round. Regrets are just life lessons we needed to endure and hopefully learn from ;-( x

i dont especiallywant to go down that road but im in a different place so maybe i can travel the road and reflect , oh my this is way to deep for a wednesday morning lol

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

If we have a regret, we automatically assume that the option that we took wasn't the best one. However, if we had taken the other option it might not have worked out for the best.

it's that 'sliding doors' syndrome

as long as i walk through those doors eyes open, then why should i regret my decision ?

some decisions work out, others don't.

making a decision in the first place is something it can take people years to do.

life is a series of twists and turns.

i love and i am loved and i have support when i need it and provide support when others need it.

as long as those two things remain, just enjoy the journey for what it turns out to be x

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Once I have made my mind up on something then that is what I do, I never regret my decisions. We are humans can spent too much time on what ifs...It si much better for yourself to move on in to the future with no regrets.

This does not mean that I do not make mistakes, it means I am prepared to live with them when I make them.

"The only regrets that you should have are about things that ya haven't done xx "

aye better to live to regret things you've done then to live regretting that you didn't do them.

cheers for input given me much to ponder xx

» Add a new message to this topic