FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Property Inspections

Property Inspections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you scrub like mad to make your home in mint condition for the landlord?

Should they judge your 'lifestyle', If the walls/carpets etc are still in tact does it matter? If the rent comes in on time and you paid a substantial deposit does it matter?

My previous landlord was round every 3 months checking on me and did an in depth check, my current one is coming round for the 1st time in a year, just to have a peek before we renew agreements

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I should try that with my kids. Room inspection .... stand by your beds!

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I should try that with my kids. Room inspection .... stand by your beds! "

Would you describe yourself as an 'optimist', or 'hopelessly deluded'.

i had that! lol Living with grandparents was more strict than parents

I have a tenant in my house and to be honest as long as he pays the rent on time im pretty happy .Its a private arrangement as he is my friends son .I bought it with him in mind so although i know i own the house I kind of think of it as his house ...might be a bit odd but ive never thought of it as my home .Just a means to an end .

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

landlord is coming to inspect my flat in Portsmouth onn Thursday, as I haven't been there for 3 weeks I have no idea how messy it looks - I think I did the washing up and made the bed before I left but I can't be sure

We don't go into our kids rooms. Not fookin' brave enough

Im a tidy-ish person and certainly not dirty, but i still have gone round and had a mini blitz just because i feel its her property and i respect it. Making a good impression and all that :D

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Too clean and they probably think you have something to hide...

So lived in, but tidy is the best look.

Know someone who rented out a property and in four weeks, the tennant managed to fill the place with junk and wear black paths into the previously brand new carpet and annoy neighbours with smell bags of rubbish outside.

Very annoying when you had spent time helping them install kitchen and make place really nice.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Tennants are easy to find, Good tennants not so.

Friends of mine rented their house to a couple. Sadly the relationship broke up and they moved out. They left the sliding wardrobe doors wrecked, had broken a pane of glass in the conservatory and lost a carpet. They had asked if they could change a carpet in the bedroom, my friends agreed but asked if the could store the original carpet in the loft as it was expensive.

It's nowhere to be seen.

They are now wondering why they are not getting their deposit back after repairs costing more than the deposit are necessary.

Am sure that landlord appreciates that a home is not pristine and will appreciate the care you take .

"landlord is coming to inspect my flat in Portsmouth onn Thursday, as I haven't been there for 3 weeks I have no idea how messy it looks - I think I did the washing up and made the bed before I left but I can't be sure "

do you want me to pop round with me marigolds ?????

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"landlord is coming to inspect my flat in Portsmouth onn Thursday, as I haven't been there for 3 weeks I have no idea how messy it looks - I think I did the washing up and made the bed before I left but I can't be sure

do you want me to pop round with me marigolds ?????"

And lube?

Yes please.

"Do you scrub like mad to make your home in mint condition for the landlord?

Should they judge your 'lifestyle', If the walls/carpets etc are still in tact does it matter? If the rent comes in on time and you paid a substantial deposit does it matter?

My previous landlord was round every 3 months checking on me and did an in depth check, my current one is coming round for the 1st time in a year, just to have a peek before we renew agreements "

my current landlord has never been inside in 6 years.

i've never had an issue landlord wise but i did however have a major issue with a property company i rented off a few years ago.

when i was vacating the property, i cleaned the flat from top to bottom (on my hands and knees in some areas) and when a lady came round to inspect the property, she said it was all fine.

however when i got the bond back it was minus £50 for cleaning.

when i rang up they said she was in a hurry when she signed it off ok and a second inspection revealed the cooker and bathroom floor needed further cleaning.

i said i had cleaned both myself with scourers and cleaning solutions and the response was 'well some peoples idea of clean is different than others'

i also asked why i wasn't offered the opportunity to clean it myself with the lady present and moreover why it had cost £50 which amounted to my reckoning about 5 hours work (which seems a long time to clean an oven and a bathroom floor)

they said that wasn't their policy and they automatically sub contract the work if the 'inspector' deems it not clean enough

never being one to take things lying down if i know i'm having the piss taken out of me, i did some homework and found that the 'inspector' was infact the mother of the guy who owned the property lettings company and moreover the cleaning 'company' wasn't infact a company but just her !

needless to say i got my £50 back, which was just as well because if i hadn't i think i might have been typing this post from strangeways cos i'd have mopped the bathroom floor with the old bags head

lol bus wanker.. sounds like my last letting agency

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Do you scrub like mad to make your home in mint condition for the landlord?

"

When we rented, no, it was always clean anyway.

My son and his friends rented a flat while at uni, they had to be decanted out while it was decorated and the landlord knocked down walls and rearranged it inside, something to do with fire-doors being needed.

The boys cleaned it and made sure it was all tidy before moving out.

Well the boys were not allowed back in and the owner wanted money for decorating and cleaning off them.... after the builders and decorators had been in!

Unfortunately I've had landlords try to con my kids like that before, so I took pictures right through the flat before they moved out and asked the owner to let me back into the flat to inspect and take the after pics to see how they compared.

I also got all the other parents together and another parent wrote the landlord a letter from all of us, this parent was a lawyer.

Landlord dropped the request for cleaning and gave back the deposit.

I've since found out that he is well known throughout the town by council, police etc. for keeping the deposit from every tenant.

"My son and his friends rented a flat while at uni, they had to be decanted out while it was decorated and the landlord knocked down walls and rearranged it inside, something to do with fire-doors being needed.

The boys cleaned it and made sure it was all tidy before moving out.

Well the boys were not allowed back in and the owner wanted money for decorating and cleaning off them.... after the builders and decorators had been in!

Unfortunately I've had landlords try to con my kids like that before, so I took pictures right through the flat before they moved out and asked the owner to let me back into the flat to inspect and take the after pics to see how they compared.

I also got all the other parents together and another parent wrote the landlord a letter from all of us, this parent was a lawyer.

Landlord dropped the request for cleaning and gave back the deposit.

I've since found out that he is well known throughout the town by council, police etc. for keeping the deposit from every tenant. "

what a dick!

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"landlord is coming to inspect my flat in Portsmouth onn Thursday, as I haven't been there for 3 weeks I have no idea how messy it looks - I think I did the washing up and made the bed before I left but I can't be sure

do you want me to pop round with me marigolds ?????"

What a good idea xxx

» Add a new message to this topic