FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does anyone else..

Does anyone else..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Work with complete bore offs that do nothing but talk about their kids, diets and decorating?

I don't know if it's a good reason to start looking for another job - but I fear I'm going brain dead!

How do you get on with the people you work with?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We both get on really well with people we work with as both our own bosses lol and work single lol only fall out with ourselves

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"Work with complete bore offs that do nothing but talk about their kids, diets and decorating?

I don't know if it's a good reason to start looking for another job - but I fear I'm going brain dead!

"

We talk about wanking,

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"Work with complete bore offs that do nothing but talk about their kids, diets and decorating?

"

Me! I try to join in a bit but don’t have kids so they don’t even take me seriously. I don’t diet and sit eating chocolate and crisps which they don’t like. I go to a gym but they are all in some group thing with their fit bits. Designer handbags and nail salons - I get my bags from Primark and paint my own nails but don’t need to spend hours discussing it. I stick my head down and get on with my work or checking out Fab

By *icky-discoMan  over a year ago

oxford

"

I’m lucky I work on building sites so I meet loads of people

I would look for a new job get a new year new job x

I distance myself from people who bore me. Stick your face in a book and look occupied.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

I get on well enough, I don’t want them as friends so that’s ok

Conversation at work tends to end up being about sex most days

I can tolerate it

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

I just talk filth then pretend I'm joking, that soon shuts them up.

I used to sit next to someone in work who was having an affair with a married man. Every day was a bloody angst fest until she saw him, then a day of respite until he didn't text her his usual 256 texts and she'd be off again.

Honestly, she analysed everything. I didn't think it was possible to read so much into such a simple text of "can't speak now, ring you later".

I'd have given anything to sit next to someone who went into detail about their 21 hour labour and the forcep delivery of their 1st child.

I used to zone out when I worked with people who would ramble on. Grunt every once in a while to show willing but basically lose myself in my own thoughts

"

I get on with them all but they do all talk about the above and bugger all else

We have a splendid hoot and chuckle I'm so lucky a great team of people

My lot talk largely about work or pulling other people apart..both very dull

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We talk about all sorts at work, from politics to sex and everything in between.

We are a small but very diverse team, so it can be quite interesting at times

Nita

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you can't steer them in to intelligent conversation, is there any chance that they could be loaded up with more work?

"

Just started new job 5 weeks ago

Not sure about all of them

In one of my jobs I'm surrounded by personal trainers and lifeguards so when they come to reception for a chat the talk is anything and everything, usually sex related and funny stuff!

I get on well with my collleagues, talk wise pretty much anything goes as we're a varied bunch.

Tend to find people will gravitate towards a subject/s they know, feel comfortable about, have something in common with others.

You could always try and steer the conversation around to something more risqué, they might like it

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

I’ve been lucky in as much as I’ve recruited most of my team. And even the parents are sound ...

"

I used to live around people whom spoke about their 'erhem' garden produce.

far more interesting

I actually work with a great bunch of people, very vanilla but a great laugh anyway

By *icky-discoMan  over a year ago

oxford

"My lot talk largely about work or pulling other people apart..both very dull"

I would say it’s one of 2 things for you

You are older than them?

Or your a miserable git

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I get on with most people apart from a couple of bitter, twisted older women who I keep away from. There's a lot of guys at work who I much prefer to chat to

"

I think you'll find those will be the main topics of conversation in most work places

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we spend most of our lives at work it seems a shame when we have to spend so much time with people we find un interesting

I forgot to mention that one of them loves talking about her neighbours

People I dont know or would want to know!

I fear that one day I'm going to scream I DON'T FUCKING CAAAAAAARE!

in their faces

"As we spend most of our lives at work it seems a shame when we have to spend so much time with people we find un interesting

I forgot to mention that one of them loves talking about her neighbours

People I dont know or would want to know!

I fear that one day I'm going to scream I DON'T FUCKING CAAAAAAARE!

in their faces "

Do it

By *imandHerNottsCouple  over a year ago

North Notts

"

In general I don’t. The vast majority of the people I work with are some combination of lazy, buffoons or gossiping chavs!!

I submerge myself in the work and try to interact as little as humanly possible until home time.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Some people just aren’t good at conversations, maybe you can pass on this pointer to them: If one person is talking and someone else isn’t chipping in, it’s time to change the subject so everyone can participate.

Then do your shouty thing

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

My team are fantastic we talk about all kinds swear till the cows come home and make innuendos all the time. Lots of fun banter most of the time. We have the odd bore offs but they are outnumbered lol x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The most recent team I worked with held interesting conversations a lot of the time. I did work with some women who talked about food and Slimming World the entire time. I got blooming fed up with that. One of them had been going to Slimming World for about six months and lost one pound.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've worked in the same place for all but damn it 20 years an't must be well over 300 ppl work here. Out of them all there's 1 person I like and over the years we've proved to each other we both have our backs. Why did I stick it that's easy the zeros on my bank account plain and simple.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I the lads I work with, I’m like their work Mum and they are my boys, we are all quite close and I stick up for them when others try to put them down, we have spats like every family but for the most part we all work well together

» Add a new message to this topic